You Only Get One Shot... by MichaelJacksonLoverForever
Summary:

Michael Jackson has started work in the studio once more. He has so many new ideas running through his head for his next album. For one of his songs, however, he's looking for some fresh talent to get the record notice so he ends up talking to some of his representatives at MJJ Productions to scout out someone that catches their attention.

In the midst of all this, Eminem is struggling to make it by and angry he isn't allowed near his daughter. He begins turning to rap as a sort of therapy. He then struggles to make it somewhere up there with those greats.

Join these two very different people on a very interesting journey together. Will things work out? Will they be able to tolerate each other? Or will they drive each other far too insane and pull the plug? I don't know, let's wait and see.


Categories: HIStory: 1995-1999 Characters: Michael
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 4044 Read: 3713 Published: Feb 02, 2012 Updated: Sep 26, 2012
Story Notes:

Please don't kill me!! A friend and I wrote this, just messing around. >.>

1. Two Very Different Lives by MichaelJacksonLoverForever

2. A Chance? by MichaelJacksonLoverForever

3. The Start Of Something Very Interesting by MichaelJacksonLoverForever

Two Very Different Lives by MichaelJacksonLoverForever
Author's Notes:

 

Chapter One


           It was a normal, clear day in the golden state known as California. Michael Jackson awoke, he’d somehow been lucky enough to get a full night’s sleep. He got up and stretched, yawning a bit. He smiled as he thought about the little bundle of joy very close to his own bed. He walked over to the bassinet and smiled at the infant’s sleeping figure. He leaned down and kissed the top of his head and then exited the bedroom after checking the baby monitor was on.

           Meanwhile in Detroit Michigan, in the late afternoon, a young, struggling rapper was on his way to his sad excuse for a job. His mind was racing; he had so much anger built up from everything that had happened to him. Him and Kim had broken up and she hadn’t allowed him to see his daughter, he was hurting bad and he reacted by driving angrily. He was driving quicker than the speed limit allowed but he didn’t want to slow down. It just wasn’t fair.

Michael’s POV

           I felt good, really good today. I could hear my son’s cute giggles as we played. He was adorable; I could see the sparkle in his identical eyes. I smiled warmly. Debbie was preparing a bottle for him, she’d been talking about something but I’d gotten distracted by my beautiful baby boy.

“Michael?” I heard Debbie ask

“Hmm?” I asked

“Did you hear anything I just said?”

“Um…” I giggled “…No…” I said softly, biting my lip

I heard her sigh softly at my response.

“I’m sorry Debbie, I was playing with Prince…he distracted me” I chuckled. Prince had started making the sweetest baby sounds.

She smiled a small smile “It’s ok” She said.   

I smiled back and kept playing with Prince.

 

Eminem’s POV

I really didn’t wanna be here. The last thing I wanted to do was work. My boss was literally driving me up a wall, I felt like tearing my fucking hair out! Didn’t he even know when to the shut the hell up? I was going to literally get up and just leave, but sadly, I knew better; I needed the money. I frowned and bottled this all up, working my hardest not to punch him in the face.

 

“Yo you, come here.” I heard someone call my name, my head snapped up to look in the direction of the voice.


“Yeah? What’s up?” I asked, not one bit concerned what he wanted me for. I didn’t care what’s so ever.

“I need you to flip those burgers faster Marshall, we got hungry customers waiting here, come on, let’s go” He hollered back at me. Oh I’d hurry up alright, he just might not like where those burgers ended up.

I aggressively flipped the burgers with the urge to ‘accidentally’ throw one at his face, sadly I knew I couldn’t do that, no matter how much I wanted to. I heard the continuous yelling a screaming for orders and their food, like Christ this is a fast food restaurant, calm the fuck down!

Ugh, I need to get out of this hell hole. Thankfully it pays the bills....

Michael’s POV

I sighed once Prince fell back asleep, just watching him sleep peacefully. My thoughts ran wild with trying to figure out just where his future would lead him. What would he do? What would his interests be? These thoughts swirled around my mind in a never ending circle, not that I minded all that much.

“Michael” Debbie said softly

I jumped slightly at the sound of her calling my name before turning to look at her. “Yes?” I asked

“Have you ate at all today?” She asked

“Oh um...no, I guess I haven’t” I said quietly

“Well why don’t we go into the kitchen and I’ll whip something up for you” She offered

I thought about that for a moment, my eyes trailing back down to Prince. I chewed on my lip, not wanting to leave him.

“Michael...please? You need to eat something, dear.” She said in a soft, concerned tone.

“But I’m...not really all that hungry as of right now...” I said softly, looking down.

“Michael....” She tried again

“I’ll eat later, I promise” I told her reassuringly.

“Well...alright” She said, sighing in defeat before walking out, the concern still crystal clear in her pale blue eyes.

I sighed to myself and let my mind wander again as I looked back at Prince. I smiled warmly as I watched him sleep. “You are my life, do you know that? You make me shine more than the stars at night, I am so happy you entered my life.” I told him softly, caressing his cheek ever so gently, the words I’d just spoken, sticking in my mind.

I had to do something with them...it was time to write.

End Notes:

Let me know what you guys think! :)

A Chance? by MichaelJacksonLoverForever
Author's Notes:

I know it's been forever but I was waiting on my other friend before deciding to take this story fully on. :) Hope you'll enjoy it.

 

Chapter Two


    Two months had now passed. Michael was now working between helping take care of Prince and working in the studio again. While Eminem had started trying to launch his rap career. Em had started going out late at night with his friends. They’d attend different rap battles after he got off work.

Eminem’s POV

“Yo man, look.” This guy came up to me, by the nickname of D-Backs. I shot him a look as he continued with whatever he was saying. “There’s this rap battle tonight and word on the street is it’s a pretty important one. I hear there’s supposed to be some high-up guys in the business joining the audience. You gotta be at the top of your game tonight, Slim. This could be your break, man.”

    I looked at him, surprised, damn really? My break, huh. The thought gave me the chills a little bit. “Ya think, huh? How big?” I asked, curious.

    “Uh pretty damn big, I heard MJ big.” D-Backs stated, less confident than came off in his appearance. And my mind was blown.

    “Oh psh, what’s MJ doing in a damned place like here?” I went on.
   
    “I dunno.” And with that, that loser strutted away. Mm, I guess I should go for this, if it’s a chance for a big break and all. I suppose, I’ll think about it.

*~*

I’ve been hearing tons of comments on tonight’s rap battle, it was getting almost about time, for this whole thing to go down...and everyone was in this abandoned place, I dunno why, but everyone was meetin up there.

“Yo, dude, I heard this is gonna be the night,”

“It’s gonna be the shit up in here,”

“This is gonna be a real big break,” and the comments went on and on, getting the tension built up high, It got me wondering. Different raps went through my mind; this could be my break; my time...

There was a loud and scary as hell sound, that made me jump. It was the dude opening the door leading into the rap battle, as it slammed against this brick wall. D-Backs gave me this badass look as I looked at him oddly, and he slowly pulled up to me.

“You ready for the rap of your life, man?” He asked.

And with a smirk on my grim face I replied... “Damn right.”

---

Three representatives from MJJ Productions stood in amazement as they watched the battle. These two were good, but the young brown-headed one seemed to be coming off stronger than the other. He was quick and ready and his comebacks were strong.

“I think we should run the brown-haired one by Michael” Brian said to the other three.  


“Yeah. He’s good, real good” Aaron said in agreement.

“I dunno guys,” Kyle started, “He seems a little too angry and raw for Michael’s taste. I think these two would bang heads too often. We don’t wanna stress Michael out by pairing him with this guy.” He finished.

“Look man,” Aaron said “This wouldn’t be a definite decision, we’d let Michael check him out for himself. I’m sure we could score some demos or something for him to listen too. He’s got talent, real talent. Look how quick and sharp he is with his words.”

“You can’t exactly look, Aaron.” Brian said with a smirk.

“Oh shut up, Jackass, you knew what I meant.” Aaron said, rolling his eyes.

“Guys come on, knock it off. We’re here on business, remember?” Kyle cut in.

“Right” Brian said with a sigh, “Why’s Mike want us to do this again?”

“Because, man. He wants us to check out the new talent out there. He said he wants something, new, fresh and unique for this next album. I think Chris Tucker or someone told him about it.” Aaron said

“Exactly and if you two continue to bicker, we’ll never get this done.” Kyle said with a deep frown.

The brown-headed rapper finished his rap and made his way off the stage. He held a deep fury in his eyes. It seemed he’d clearly gone through a lot of crap in his life.

“Come on. There he is now.” Aaron said, motioning to where the young rapper stood, dabbing his head with his towel.

“Why don’t you just go over, Aaron. At least until we talk to Michael.” Kyle said.

Aaron sighed but agreed anyway. “Fine, wait here.” He said, making his way over to the rapper.

The rapper looked up and narrowed his eyes at Aaron. “Fuck you want?” He asked.

“To talk to you a bit. Is that okay?” Aaron asked.

“I guess. I got shit to do though so make it brief.” The rapper said, crossing his arms, waiting.

“Look, that was some performance you did and I wanted to see if you had any demos or something I could borrow to show my boss.” He said

The young rapper raised an eyebrow. “This some kinda scam?”He asked

“No, no. I swear it isn’t.” Aaron said

“Mhmm. Who’s your boss?” He asked

“I… don’t know if I’m at liberty to reveal that until I talk to him…”

“Man, live a little. Break the damn rules for once and answer my question.” He said

“Right. Well…” Aaron looked around before lowering his voice, “Myself and three other guys work for Michael Jackson for MJJ Productions. We’re looking for some fresh talent like yourself.” He admitted.

Eminem’s POV

My eyes widened slightly at the info. It seemed the speculation was true. What the hell would Michael Jackson want to do with some trailer trash punk from Detroit?

“What’s Jackson want fresh talent for?” I asked

“I’m not sure.” The dude said “But I’m sure he’d tell you personally if he likes what he hears. So I’ll ask you again, do you have any demos?”

I hesitated for a moment before nodding. “Yeah, I got demos, hang on.” I said, grabbing my bag from where it sat and pulling out a couple of tapes, handing them over.

The dude took em and gave me a slight thankful smile. “Thanks, what’s your name?” He asked

“Slim.” I said, using my rap ego. I doubted this would happen to me anyway. Shit like this never did.

He nodded. “Great, I’ll give these to Michael and come back here for the next time.”

“Yeah. Cool.” I said

“Is it always the same time?” He asked

I nodded. “Yeah, um. I should be here again.” I told him. I honestly didn’t know.

“Perfect. Thanks.” He said

I nodded again and watched as he headed back over to the other two guys. Did that really just fucking happen?

The Start Of Something Very Interesting by MichaelJacksonLoverForever
Author's Notes:

Hey everyone! :) Here's another chapter for you all. :) Enjoy!

Chapter Three

Michael’s POV

I sat in my office, humming softly to Prince in my arms. He needed a nap or he was going to be very cranky later. Just as I was getting him to sleep, there was a knock on the door. Prince’s brown eyes snapped open as he blinked up at me.

I sighed. “Sorry, Prince.” I pressed a kiss to his forehead “I know you were just falling asleep…” I snuggled him and then stood, opening the door with a small frown.

Aaron blinked when he saw the frown. “Sir… did I do something wrong?” He asked me confused.

I adjusted Prince in my arms so he could rest his head on my shoulder and gently rubbed his back. I lowered my tone before I spoke. “You woke my son.” I told him

“Oh. I’m sorry sir… if I’d have known….” He started

I shook my head and motioned for him to follow me in, sitting back down in my chair and going back to rubbing Prince’s back. He snuggled more into me and I couldn’t help but smile at that.

Aaron stood by my desk, unsure whether he should sit or not.

“Aaron… you can sit, you know.” I said with a quiet chuckle.

He chuckled as well before finally sitting.

“So what’s going on?” I asked him, hoping everything was okay.

“Well… remember how you sent Kyle, Brian and I out to look for fresh talent?” He started

I blinked. They couldn’t have found someone that fast, could they? “Yes….?” I said

“Well… we think we might have someone you’ll like. He’s very young but we saw a lot of talent in him.” He said

They had. Wow. I felt completely shocked by this new information. I had expected this to take a few days, maybe a week. “Alright. Did he have any demos?” I asked

Aaron nodded. “Yeah, I brought them with me as well.” He said, setting them on my desk and sliding them over closer to me.

“I see. Well, let me put Prince down and then I suppose we can take a listen” I said

Aaron nodded and watched as I stood and headed out to the nursery. I gently laid him down in his bassinet and smiled, leaning in and kissing his forehead before heading back to my office. I saw Aaron still sitting there, drumming his fingers on his lap.

“Alright. Let’s get these set up.” I said, walking over to my radio and putting the first demo tape in and hitting play. I walked over to my chair and listened as the tape started. What I heard was an intense amount of fire and passion lining each word. I blinked, stunned but stayed silent nonetheless.

I folded my hands as the young rapper continued. I hadn’t heard anything like him and though the language was a bit much, it didn’t bother me enough to stop the tape. I was glad I’d decided to take Prince to his nursery though, he didn’t need to be around such vulgar language at such a young and impressionable age. I forced myself not to get lost in the beat of the song, paying strict attention to the lyrics themselves. It was clear he was an angry individual who fell down a hole which he saw no way out of currently. I felt bad for him, this was far more than a song. It was his true emotions. True emotion was what made for a great artist and long-lasting music.

Aaron and I listened for a while before the tape came to a close. I changed the tapes a few times before being satisfied. He was exactly the kind rapper I needed for the kinds of songs I’d written recently. “What’s his name? Did he tell you?” I asked

Aaron hesitated here. I wondered why. “He… sort’ve did…” He said

“Oh? What do you mean “sort’ve”?” I asked confused. How did you sort’ve tell someone your name?

“Well he said his name is Slim but… I think that’s like a… ego name? I don’t know what they call it, sir. But I doubt that’s his real name. He wasn’t exactly happy I’d bothered him. I guess he thought this might be a scam.” He explained.

I nodded. “Right. I understand that. Aaron… I need you to go back to where you found him. Talk to him, see if we can bring him in. I’d like to meet this mysterious young rapper.” I told him

“Okay, Mr. Jackson. Do you want me to go alone or would you like me to bring the other two again?” He asked

“Just you. He knows you more than the others, he may be more willing to work with you on this. I can send Derek, my personal bodyguard, to go with you, if that would make you feel more comfortable.”

“Oh um, no, that’s fine. I’ll be okay, I’m sure.”

“Alright. You may go for now. Leave these demos with me, alright?” I said

He nodded. “Have a nice day, sir.” He said, standing up.

“You too and thank you very much, I truly appreciate it.”

He smiled. “Don’t mention it.” And with that, he was gone.

I sat back in my chair and thought about everything. This might be very interesting.

---

A few days later, Aaron drove to the abandoned warehouse where he’d met Slim. These back and forth plane trips were going to kill him, he hoped Slim would be willing to work with him this time, so he would only have to fly back to California like this once. When he got to the warehouse, it seemed to be just as busy as the last time he was there. So many people were gathered in one place just praying for one shot. It seemed crazy to think about.

Aaron stepped out of his rental car. He’d dressed down for tonight, compared to last time. He was hoping not to stick out too much since he was all alone. He sighed as he locked his car and headed in. He’d wondered if maybe he should’ve taken Michael up on his offer to provide him, his personal bodyguard. He scoffed at himself for even thinking that. He would be fine, no one would bother him, he was being silly.

He weaved his way through the crowd looking for a place to stand so he could watch. People were buzzing with excitement to see who’d be the champion tonight. Aaron hoped it was Slim, he knew he was good. He watched as Slim came out and stared his opponent down.

“Surprised to see your white ass back here. You got some nerve, homeboy.” A tall man with short buzzed hair said to Slim. He was a heavy man, it was as if he’d had four horses today and that may have just been dinner.

“Look who’s talkin, tubby. Heard you got beat bad last time you were here.” He countered back.

The atmosphere felt very hostile and it started making Aaron feel uncomfortable. He felt appalled by the way they talked to each other. He didn’t think he’d ever fully understand rap battles or rap in general for that matter.

“That make you confident you can beat me?” He challenged

“A little. Anyone who loses in the first round and then runs home blubbering like a baby to their mama doesn’t seem very intimidating to me.” Slim countered.

“You can talk sure, let’s see you rap. White boys don’t know how to rhyme. It just doesn’t happen.”

“Just spin that shit” He said, never taking his eyes off his opponent.

As the chubby one broke into his first rap, Aaron noticed Slim’s eyes never leaving him. The fire from last time was there, it never left him.

“Yo! This guy’s got some nerve, callin me out. Must think he’s better then all us. But see, I don’t see what’s the fuss. I look in his eyes and all I see is doubt” The chubby one started. “Wonder what it’s about. Oh wait. I just realized, I don’t give a shit. You just some trailer park trash, living with his mama, seems fit. Must suck to be you.”

Slim’s face remained neutral and once it was his turn, he got right into it. He came back and the battle went on for a bit. Each round was stopped and the guy running it asked the audience who they thought was better.

Aaron moved forward to get a little closer and bumped into a guy who was about 6’4. He froze. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to~” He cut off as the guy lifted him up by his shirt.

---

Eminem’s POV

Phat-Biscuit and I had continued when I noticed the guy from before being hassled by some guys. I guess he’d come back to talk to me after talking to his boss. I cut off mid-rhyme and called out to the tall guy and his posse. “Leave him alone, man. He didn’t mean to walk into you. Let it go.” I said.

The guy cackled with his buddies. “Oh okay, you think cause you spit out some weak rhymes that I’m just gonna listen to you? That’s sad. You must live in some dream world.” He said

The audience chimed in, expecting a fight. I’d punch him in the face if I needed too. “Whatever man, take it how you want. Just let him go. This isn’t even his scene.” I said

The guy cackled again. “This a friend of yours? Aww, that’s sweet, stickin up for your homies. You’re sweet.” He taunted.

Alright, that’s it. I dropped the mic and jumped off the stage and shot over to him, bringing my right hand back and connected my fist with his chin.

He growled and put his free hand to his chin, dropping the dude. He turned to me and went after me. Just as we started the guy in charge came over and pulled us apart.

“Whoa, whoa. Enough is enough. I think both of you need to leave for tonight.” He said

“Yeah. Maybe.” I said, glaring at the dude. My eye hurt like hell from his punch.

The guy in charge nodded, escorting us out with the dude from MJJ Productions right behind him. The tall dude just cackled as he headed out and to his car.

I rolled my eyes and noticed the other guy still beside me. “You okay, man?” I asked

“U-um yeah…” He said, still shaken. “Why’d you…?”

“Because I didn’t think it was right” I said with a shrug.

“Oh. Well um, thanks.” He said

“Don’t mention it. What’s your name anyway?” I asked

“Aaron.” He said.

I nodded. “Cool.” I said

He nodded as well and took a breath. “I had wanted to talk to you…” He started.

“Oh right.” I said, waiting.

“I spoke to Michael. He wants to meet you, he really liked what he heard…”He said, back to business just like that.

“Really? So Jackson’s actually interested?” I asked.

“Yeah he is. You got some talent there, Slim.” He said

“Yea well. I guess I could talk to him.” I said

“He’d like that. I’m heading back tomorrow morning, I’ve got an early flight. I’ll call them tonight and tell them you decided to join us, if you want me too.”

“Hmm... well... okay. And by the way, my name’s Marshall Mathers. Slim’s just one of the names I use in battles. That and Eminem.” I said

“He nodded. I guess ‘Eminem’ comes from your initials?” He asked

I nodded and he gave me a weak smile.

“Do you think you could follow me to my hotel so you can give them your information and we can decide when we’ll be meeting up tomorrow morning?” He asked

“Sure, why not.” I said

“Great” He said. And with that, Aaron walked over to his car and got in. I made my way over to mine as well and opened the door, tossing my bag in the back and getting in. I pulled up next to Aaron once the car warmed up a little bit.

Once there we parked the cars and headed in. I followed him to his room where he made his call. I listened until he nodded and handed the phone over to me, giving the person on the other line my information before handing the phone back over to Aaron. I waited until he was done so we could figure out meeting times and then headed back to my own place. This was definitely the start of something very interesting.

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1680