Deadly Attraction by YANAgirl07
Summary:

Michael is working on his first solo album as an adult artist. He's recently fired his father as his manager and now he has to make this album good to prove to his father that he can do it without him. With all of the pressure of the new album, Michael needs someone to talk to. Michael goes for a walk one night and meets a girl about his age who is willing to listen to him. They become closer and closer over time, but Michael knows that she's keeping something from him.

What's her big secret?

Michael

Nick (Nikki)


Categories: Hurt/Comfort, Off The Wall: 1975-1981, Romance, Suspense Characters: Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 11287 Read: 18277 Published: Jan 28, 2012 Updated: Feb 19, 2012
Joseph's Lost It by YANAgirl07

I headed back to my house and I didn’t see anybody. I searched the house.


“Hello?” I asked as I entered each of the rooms. When I entered the kitchen I saw Joseph sitting at the bar. I managed a fake smile. I didn’t really want to see him.


“Hey Joseph,” I greeted. He glared at me. What’s his problem?


“Hmmph,” he grunted.


“What’s up?” I asked.


“Where have you been?”


“Working on my album. As always,” I lied. Where did he think I was?


“Really? I was there awhile ago and you weren’t there,”


“You came to check up on me?” I asked. That was different. He never usually did that.


“Yeah, I did. I wanted to see how that album of yours was doing,”


“Well, I must have been on my way home,” I told him.


“I got back half an hour ago Michael. Where have you been?”


“Joseph c’mon! I’m not a kid anymore! Do you really have to monitor my every movement?” I asked getting annoyed with Joseph. Why does he always have to be in my business? He’s probably just mad because I fired him. Geez... he sure can hold a grudge!


“Michael! I want to know where you were!”


“I don’t have to tell you squat!” I spat bitterly. Joseph smacked me.


“Tell me!” he thundered. I glared at them.


“How dare you!” I shouted, “How dare you!” I stormed off up the stairs and into my room. I heard Joseph’s heavy footsteps following close behind me. He grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled me back and made me face him.


“Tell me now Michael! I’m your father! I deserve to know!” he screamed. I groaned.


“I was with a friend okay? There! Is that satisfactory for you?” I asked extremely pissed off.


“You know damn well that that ain’t satisfactory for me! Tell me your friend’s name now Michael! Who were you with?!”


“It’s none of your damn business!” I yelled.


“Yes it is! I’m your father!” He shouted again. I rolled my eyes, shoved him away from me and locked myself in my bedroom. He continued to knock incessantly on the door.


“Go away!” I ordered.


“Michael! Open up this door right now! Right now!” Joseph demanded.


“No! You’re mad at me!” I replied. I had to admit, that reply did sound child like, but it was just the truth. As if I was going to let him in when he’s mad as hell like that! No way!


After awhile, Joseph finally gave up and left me alone. God! I’m 21 years old! I don’t need my dad to be following me around everywhere and getting in all of my business! Like Geez! What’s his problem? I bet he’s been spying on my progress with me new album... Yup, that’s probably exactly what he’s been doing! He’s never came to the studio to check up on before! Oh yeah, he’s definitely jealous of all of my soon to be success. Not that I haven’t had success before, I’m just going to get more of it that’s all.


I heard a soft tap on my door. It couldn’t be Joseph... his knock is more violent.


“Who is it?” I asked.


“It’s Janet!”


“C’mon in Dunk!” I said as I smiled and unlocked the door. Janet smiled at me, shut the door and then locked it again so that Joseph couldn’t get in.


“What are you still doing up?” I asked her.


“I woke up when I heard you and Joseph,”


“Oh... sorry about that,”


“No it’s okay. I wanted enjoy talking with you anyway!” she told me. We both smiled and I wrapped an arm around my little sister.


“So what’s up Dunk?” I asked her. She nudged me playfully.


“I told you not to call me that... Applehead!” she teased. We both laughed.


“I know, I know, I just couldn’t help myself,” I admitted.


“That’s okay. I was just wondering how things were going with you and that girlfriend of yours,” she told me. At first I didn’t reply. What do I say? Things are going great! I’ve just learnt that I’ll never be able to kiss, hug or physically feel her because she’s actually a ghost who’s come back from the dead to find love! Yeah, I want to make her feel happy not scared out of her wits!


“Oh great! I met up with her yesterday and she explained that she forgot that that number was out of service and that she didn’t actually have a cell phone! Then, we met up earlier today when I told you guys I was going to the studio. I didn’t want to be pestered again about my girlfriend so I just made that up. We had a good time together,” I told her. I was able to keep a straight face because it was mostly truth right? I didn’t make up some totally ludicrous story!


“Oh! That’s great Michael! I’m really happy for you!” Janet told me. I smiled.


“Thanks Janet, but you can’t tell anyone okay? I want to tell them if things get any more serious okay?”


“C’mon Mike! Do you not trust me?


“No I trust you! But I also know you like gossip...”


“Hey! I may like gossip but I can keep a secret Applehead! Don’t worry about a thing!” Janet promised me. I smiled and gave her a warm hug.


“Thanks Janet, you’re amazing,” I told her. She beamed.


“Thanks Michael!” she said. I patted her on the back.


“Don’t mention it! Hey! In the morning, come to my room and let me know if Joseph has cooled down okay? He’s kind of mad because I didn’t give him the whole story of why I wasn’t at the studio tonight when he went there to check up on me,”


“He went to check up on you?” Janet asked. I nodded.


“I know right? He’s totally obsessed with me and this new album! I think he’s trying to spy on me...” I shared with her.


“Probably, Joseph’s a little...” Janet started.


“Out of sorts?” I finished. She laughed and then nodded.


“Yeah, I guess you could put it like that!” she said. We both laughed.


“So will you do it?” I asked her. She shrugged.


“If I remember,” she told me.


“Good enough,” I replied. She smiled at me and then left the room. I flopped down onto my bed and fell asleep and dreamed of my darling Nikki.

End Notes:

Review! :D

Hey guys! Sorry about the slow updates! I've just started co-writing with a few people and I've been a bit busy! I'm now working on FIVE different stories! I have this one, Criminal Hearts, Stranded, The Gold or The Heart (with Sierra) and Lost and Found (with PiperJackson4eva). Check 'em out if you're interested!

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1665