- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter with a flashback
Alica's POV

I was so sweet of Michael to miss work today just to take care of me.

He said he cared about me. So it wasn't an "I love you" But I'm sure he's getting there. We're getting there.

*********************

"That tickles!" I said as I was lying on the bed and Michael rubbed an ointment the doctor prescribed on my burned leg. He smiles at me. "Sit still." He says. "Okay Dr. Jackson." I reply. He smiles as he puts the gauze and bandage on my leg. He's so gentle and soft.

His touch is amazing.

"You're all good to go." He says pulling down my pant leg. "Thank you." "I say. "You didn't have to miss work just for me." "I told you don't worry about it." He says. "Right now this PYT needs all the TLC she can get."

Okay that was kind of weird. Is it going to take sex to make things not so weird between us?!?

"But really Michael, thank you." "Did I ever tell you you have nice legs?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Nope, not until now." I said blushing.

I really do believe were getting back to I love you. As a matter of fact I remember the first time Michael said he loved me.
*****************************************

Fall 1983

"No peeking." Michael says playfully as he takes my hand and guides me to an unknown place. "Where are we Michael?" I ask tempted to snatch the blind fold off and spoil his surprise. "I don't like blind folds." "Could you hold in there a little longer Babe?" "We're almost there." "Sure thing." I reply.

A few minuets later Michael takes the blind fold off of me. We're at a vast field with absolute best view of the stars. Michael knows how much I love dusk.

"Tada!" He says. "It's beautiful Michael." I say. "The stars are so bright from here." "They're so beautiful."

"Almost as beautiful as you." He says. Then he takes a black and white checkered blanket and spreads it on the ground. "Have a seat."

For the next hour or so we lye under the stars and talk about any and everything on our minds.

"Alica, I have something important to tell you." He speaks. "Okay." I say preparing for the worst.

"I just can't stop thinking about you." "I mean it's like your every where." "Even in my dreams." I smile. "I just wanted to say; I-I love you." I couldn't believe it. He actually said he loved me. I smiled. "I love you too Michael." She said.

"I was hoping you'd say that." He said with the biggest grin on his face. "I love you more though." "Nope I love you more." I say. "No I love you-" I silenced him with a passionate kiss.

That's what it was "I love you" used to be like for me and I really think we can work our way back to that.