- Text Size +

"There you go again, I swear to god she won't ruin us! Why are you so worried?!" Michael growled.


Katrina angrily struck the table, "So you're saying you're fine with someone trying to go after you knowing that you're committed to someone else?!"

Michael had his hands on his head already, "Katrina you're making it out wrong! That's not what I meant! Of course I'm not fine with that, but hell! Do you actually think I'll go after her in the first place?!"

Katrina sighed, rubbing her temples. "Hmm, let me see..." She sarcastically tapped her chin in thought. "Yeah, I think so." Michael sighed, obviously agitated, and hurt. The couple have been fighting and bickering for the past few days and surely, it's wearing the two out.

It's taking a toll on their marriage.

This wasn't obviously how Katrina pictured her life will be in the next few months, or years... Katrina was well aware that a little bit of bickering, and fighting is normal for a married couple.

But this is too draining. Sleepless nights, tear-stained pillows, she doesn't think she can take it any longer. To her, it looked like Michael didn't care about how she felt at all; and his 'friend' ... Quote intended, isn't making it any easy for the both of them.

Their first fight stemmed from that certain person too, when Katrina was lying down in their bed, worried sick at where the hell Michael could have been at 11 pm, Michael was actually out with his 'friend'. He arrived at around 12 midnight, with a pissed Katrina waiting for him by the front door.

This time, however; Katrina just found out that 'friend' had a little crush on Michael. Which she obviously didn't approve of.

"Do you really think that out of all people, I'll go out and cheat on you?! Me?" Michael scoffed, shaking his head angrily. "You know what? Fine. Why can't they just make me disappear and never come back, All these stress is taking a toll on my health and this is slowly killing me." He sighed, walking away to their bedroom.

Katrina sighed, realization finally hit her. Despite their situation since the past few days, she was still certain he's the right man for her. She wanted him to stay, she swore in front of the altar they'd be together in sickness and in health, to richer or poorer, and til death do they part. Katrina climbed up the stairs then to their bedroom, which Michael actually locked behind him. She placed her ears right against the bedroom door. Muffled sobs can be heard from the inside, presumably from Michael. Katrina's heart sank more, remembering the fact that she was the one who caused this.

Katrina gently knocked on the door, "Michael?" She called.

No answer.

Katrina knocked on the door again, "Michael, baby?" She called again. Katrina sighed, as she felt tears building up her eyes. "Michael, baby... I'm really sorry... I shouldn't have-" Michael burst into another fit of sobs.

"Stop it, you're not sorry! You're just saying it and you'll do the same thing again!" He cried, Katrina started sobbing too, her back sliding against the wooden bedroom door. She shook her head, wiping tears that run down her cheeks.

"Michael, please. Just... Hear me out, I know I've let go a lot of hurtful things, but please." She knocked again, trying to get Michael out of that room. She was already a mess, her mascara running down from crying, slumped down at the floor. The door slowly opened and Katrina weakly got up. Michael stood by the bedroom door, his eyes were puffy and red, his lips trembling. Katrina stood in front of him, her chest heaving up and down as she stifled a hiccup back. The couple stood there in silence, waiting for one of them to start talking.

"Michael, I'm sorry-"

Katrina started crying again, "I can't lose you, and I don't want to." She hiccuped.

Michael took her in his arms. Katrina's sobs were muffled by Michael's shirt. "I'm sorry if I made you feel worthless, Katrina. I'm really sorry." Katrina looked up at him with glossy eyes, "Shh, I should be the one to apologize, I should've been more thoughtful."

Michael shook his head, "Let's just put this behind us, what's important is you have me and I have you." He bent down and kissed Katrina's forehead. Katrina hiccuped, stroking her husband's cheek. Michael's lips moved to the tip of her nose and he kissed it, until it reached to her full, plump, pinkish lips. Katrina smiled into the kiss and Michael pulled away, touching his forehead to hers.

"I love you, always will."

Katrina smiled, "I love you more, so much."