- Text Size +

"Katrina, can you pass those pile of papers for me?" Katrina sighed, piling those bunch of papers messily arranged on her table. Jolene took a glance at Katrina. "Girl, you look worn out!" She playfully rolled her eyes. Katrina chuckled, rubbing her eyes. "As usual, I didn't get enough sleep last night. I was working with our documentation for our thesis." Jolene sighed, taking a plastic bag out of her bag and handed it to Katrina. "Take this, I really got this for you." Katrina opened the bag and inside the bag, there's a fairly huge variety of make up products. She was about to protest when Jolene pushed it towards her chest.

"Save it, I didn't spend 600 pesos for you to not use those." Jolene waved goodbye and walked to the elevator. Katrina plopped herself down on her seat.

Katrina's not your typical college girl. Unlike Jolene, who wears a slab full of "gunk", (as Katrina calls makeup) Katrina really didn't like it. Katrina didn't like wearing dresses, skirts, and all those 'girly' things. Jolene tries to get her to at least act and dress 'girly', but no; her attempts were futile.

After class, Katrina headed down to the school's dance studio. Wearing a shirt 2 sizes larger than her and a pair of leggings, she entered the room. Usually the studio is always noisy when she arrives. Music playing, her friends either singing or dancing, and some chilling when she arrives. But today, they seemed orderly. Everyone sat on the floor, behaving like well mannered kids.

Katrina looked around, trying to figure out as to why they're all quiet. She looked at her watch and realized she was 16 minutes late for today's meeting.

Right when her eyes landed in front of her just a few feet away, a man who seemed to be in his late 50's or so, was standing there. His curly hair is tied in a loose ponytail with some strands falling out of his face and he was looking right at her.

His eyes, chocolate brown, big, and round, very captivating. Those lips, full, and plump.

"Katrina, you're late." James sighed, slipping Katrina out of her reverie. Katrina chuckled awkwardly as she scratched her head. "Sorry, had a lot of things to do at my last class, it won't happen again." James playfully rolled his eyes, taking a glance at the visitor then at Katrina.
"By the way, we got -"

"Michael Jackson to help the team with the competition?" Katrina gasped, obviously amazed at the fact they were able to call him up here.

Michael , behind James nodded, showing off his pearly whites. Katrina's heart started thumping fast and fast. "We were just introducing and telling the whole crew about him lending out a helping hand to us." Katrina nodded, "How'd you get him to do such a favor to us?" She whispered. "Simple, I got connections" James winked as he walked off.

Everyone was still in the room, in their usual routine... The others singing, and some dancing while Michael watched in the corner beside James. Katrina and her group were sitting on the floor just near Michael and James. Katrina is busy with her singing while playing the guitar.

Michael and James stood beside each other. James leaned on the wall as the two watched everyone indulged in their own worlds. "Are you the only key person in this organization?" Michael asked, looking at James. James chuckled, shaking his head.

"Oh no, I got Katrina with me. She usually choreographs everything. I just help her out. Katrina's that girl playing the guitar." James replied, pointing to Katrina a few feet away from them. Michael fixed his eyes at her. Katrina was playing the guitar as she sang with two other boys and three girls. Michael raised his eyebrows.

"She got quite the looks." Michael whispered and James shrugged. "Yeah, but she never had any guy in her life. Ever." James chuckled and Michael shook his head. "Hmmm, really?" Michael nodded, his eyes never leaving Katrina.

Katrina swore she felt someone's eyes on her. She put her guitar down and looked behind her. For a split second, she saw Michael looking at her, again. He must've realized he was caught so he averted his eyes away from her. Katrina cocked up an eyebrow. What the hell?
Why was he staring like that?

Katrina sighed, got up and walked up to the two guys. "Hey, James whaddup?" She reached her hand up for a brotherly handshake with James to which James responded. "Yeah, we were talking about who's gonna be partnering with Michael throughout the rehearsals." Katrina pursed her lips, "I suggested Michael it'd be you, since you know..." Michael nodded, "Yeah, J-James is right, James said you'll also be helping out too. So, what do you say?" Michael smiled at her once again. Katrina tensed but slowly her muscles started relaxing. "Yeah, sure!"

"Great, then that means we have to stay behind. We're gonna come up with steps, the competition is only 2 months away." Michael smiled, putting his hands behind his back.

"That sounds like a good plan, that way we'll have so much time to prepare and polish everything." Katrina giggled, scratching her head.

Several minutes have passed and everyone started leaving the studio, leaving Katrina and Michael behind.

Katrina stood in the middle of the room, then Michael walked to her. Standing in front of her, he nervously took Katrina's hand. Katrina giggled, placing her small one in his. "What are you nervous about?" She chuckled. "I can sense your nervousness. Lighten up a little, I don't bite."

Michael chuckled, "Sorry, I just-" He placed his other hand on the small of Katrina's back. "It's fine, really."

The pair started swaying side to side. They developed a certain rhythm even with no particular music accompanying them.

They spent the rest of their time working and choreographing a whole routine. The room was filled with laughter and happiness, despite the fact that it was just the two of them in it. Once they're finally done, Katrina took a deep breath and sat down on the floor. She grabbed her towel and wiped the sweat off her forehead with it.
"Tired out?"

Katrina chuckled, nodding. "Yeah, but at least we've come a long way with the routine." Michael chuckled. He reached his hand out, Katrina took it and Michael helped her up.

"Let's call it a day, shall we?" He looked at his watch then at her, Katrina nodded. "It was great fun working with you." Michael smiled, "Likewise..." They both looked at each other. Katrina giggled, picked up her bag and when she was about to turn towards the door...

Michael grabbed her by the wrist, wrapped an arm around her waist and pecked her lips. Katrina, too taken aback by his sudden movement, had her eyes widened. Michael looked at her, his cheeks flushed red.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to-" +

Katrina giggled, "Was that your way of saying 'I'll see you again soon'?" Michael chuckled as he too, went out with Katrina.