- Text Size +

 

No he can’t be here! Why has he suddenly arrived?! Why does bad luck follow me everywhere I go? Eva thought panicking.

“Eva can you please come to the living room! Everyone is waiting for you especially your handsome husband” Daadi called out from the living room with a cheeky grin at Vikram while Adil grimaced as his brother laughed along with Vikram.

“I’m c-coming” Eva replied in a stuttering voice.

This will be like any other day! I can do this.

Eva spoke inwardly to gather inner strength to face her fiancé.

Eva walked to the living room not expecting to see the twins sat together on the separate coach while Daadi sat in the comfortable chair and Vik sat in the spare coach near the TV.

Daadi had been busy chatting with Vikram when Eva stepped into the room and she could not help but give her a kind smile.

“You have finally arrived child. Come sit next to your husband. He has been waiting for you” Daadi mentioned waving a hand to Vikram who sat with a glass of lemonade in hand before he placed it on the wooden floor.

“Ah yes my love. Come sit next to me. I have missed you” Vikram pipped in patting the empty space next to him.

Eva wished inwardly she could swap places with one of the boys but lady luck was not on her side. She had sit next to him knowing how fake his affections were. As she passed the twins she shared brief eye contact with Adil to sit by her fiancé’s side.

Vikram draped one arm around Eva bringing her closer to his side to portray a sweet picture but it just showed how uncomfortable Eva was next to him from Adil’s point of view.

“Now isn’t that a wonderful picture boys! I want you to find this kind of love one day” Daadi chided to the teens rolling their eyes at her words.

“I’m fine being single at the moment maybe Aadesh can bring a girl home” Adil suggested sarcastically as Aadesh threw him a warning glare.

“Daadi don’t worry the boys will bring ladies when they are ready and I bet they won’t be half as gorgeous as my Anmol” Vikram replied giving Eva slight squeeze to delight of Daadi.

“Yes Jaanam” Eva replied with a thin lipped smile in return. Inwardly she desired to be far away from Vikram.

Thankfully (to the relief of Eva and Adil) the conversation fizzled out after another twenty minutes when Daadi decided it was time for everyone to go to bed early for a busy day of planning.

.

.

.

Several Days later…

In last few days Eva had only been able to leave the house with the twins to leave for college and come back home without seeing her friends knowing that the twins were on guard duty once more watching over to make sure she did not get into anything she was not allowed to do. Meaning no time to try and find the duo who wondered why they had not seen Eva in last few days.

It wasn’t easy either for Eva to be in the same home as Vikram. He left early morning to return late at night to join the family for dinner. She always had to be by his side enduring his talk and forceful affections to the delight of Daadi while the twins watched on warily.

Sadly it did not help that rooming privileges had been changed in the house. Adil was kicked out of his room to share Eva’s bedroom sleeping on the floor whereas Vikram slept on his bed and his twin happily kicked him out in favor of their guest.

Daadi had arranged a couple photoshoot to the surprise of Eva and Vikram when she announced it to the pair suggesting they should go shopping before heading to the photographer’s studio (Paul and Michael share a studio for their commissions) around four in the afternoon.

It was past one o’clock in the afternoon when Eva and Vikram walked out together from the one of the many expensive clothing shops to the chagrin of Eva. She hated all of the clothes selections that Vikram picked disregarding any of her protests to buy what he felt was good for her.

“So we get some lunch? I know just the place” Vikram said without giving her any chance to speak up as he strolled forward listening to her footsteps behind him.

Once sat in the lavishly decorated Indian themed restaurant and given the menus by a short grey haired Indian man. Eva was glad the place he chose was familiar with dishes she knew instead of going somewhere that he would use to embarrass her.

“See anything you like?” Vikram said eyeing up from the menu into Eva’s eyes.

“Eh yes um how about the lamb curry?” Eva replied timidly.

“That will bring unnecessary weight to your figure. I want my wife to fit into any type of dress I buy for you. How about I order you the chicken salad and I’ll have the lamb curry” Vikram stated coolly without any room for argument to poor Eva.

Eva nodded knowing there no was way to get out of his statement stayed silent. The pair handed their menus back to one of the waiters.

After more shopping from Eva watching Vikram flirt with any attractive woman. They finally arrived at the photography studio.

Vikram opened the door for Eva to walk through first. Regrettably she remembered too late who was going to be the photographer when Michael’s eyes meet hers.

.

Now Michael spent most of his afternoon after a quick lunch checking all his equipment were in working order for his last client for day. Today was his day to take over the studio that he and Paul co owned to get commissions alongside their college work.

Michael didn’t expect when he turned around to see Eva standing in his studio with a panic stricken expression just as he was about to greet her another man stepped inside the studio to reveal Vikram dusting his front shirt.
“Ah you must be the young photographer my grandmother- in- law recommended. Are we all set? Have we met before? Your face is similar” Vikram said greeting Michael nudging Eva aside to bring a hand out to shake his hand wondering where he knew his face and name from. Perhaps from a business meeting?

“I doubt we have met sir.  You can get dressed first before we start so when you return I can figure out what poses you want both as a couple is that alright?” Michael lied with a firm handshake before pulling his hand away.

I can’t believe this is happening. I have to keep my cool around him I don’t want any of my feelings for Eva to leak and cause disaster for either of us.

Michael thought watching Vikram go to the changing room with his bag.

Now time was on his hands Michael quickly approached Eva to give her a tight hug before letting go to give a worried look.

“Are you alright Eva? Paul and I have not heard a word from you in last few days. We tried finding you in collage but you disappear without any chance of us finding you” Michael confessed anxiously.

“I can’t travel anywhere without the twins by my side while Vikram is around” Eva explained to the relief of Michael who drew his hands away.

“If anything happens remember my family and Paul your back if you need somewhere to escape.” Michael reminded her.

Just as Eva was about to respond to Michael’s words Vikram stepped out of the changing room wearing a navy crew t-shirt, jade coloured jeans and white trainers on his feet.

“Let’s get this photoshoot st—any issues photographer?” Vikram said with a raised eyebrow at how close the pair were standing together.
“I was helping her with some basic poses to get her into shape” Michael replied with a slight curl of his lips reminding Eva of their first photography shoot a while back earning him a slight chuckle.

 

hm. well you can go change Maahi” Vikram urged to Eva, silently wondering what was going on between the pair.

Wordlessly Eva grabbed her bag walking to the changing room leaving the two men to bask in silence.

Thankfully Eva appeared from the changing room wearing an off white blouse with light blue ripped jeans and grey high heeled boots.

Michael watched in awe as she walked towards him and Vikram delicately (so she would not end up falling flat on her face).

Vikram eyed her outfit briefly up and down stating that the first outfit was presentable for their photoshoot leading Michael to roll his eyes inwardly pushing any negative thoughts he had against this jackass to the back of his mind.

It took all of Michael’s effort to see the woman he liked no loved in another man’s arms. Thankfully he was pleased to see the pair were not attracted to each other. The photoshoot continued on for one more hour as Michael and Eva cracked jokes while Vikram felt jealousy rise in his chest at how close the two seemed to be grating on his nerves.

At around six thirty the photoshoot ended Vikram rudely slapped £250 pound notes into Michael’s palm without a word before dragging Eva out of the studio to the worry of Michael who could only watch them walk away.

Once at home Vikram dragged Eva to her bedroom flinging her onto the bed without any remorse. Not giving her a chance to get away Vikram straddled her waist slamming his thighs between her legs.

“What are you doing!?” Eva shouted at the imposing Vikram above her.

Vikram covered her mouth with his palm not wanting Daadi to hear the commotion from downstairs. He smirked ominously enjoying the wide eyed expression staring back at him in fear.

“Now my love. Let us not bring the boys or Daadi up the stairs hm? You need a reminder as my wife to never be close to any other males outside our family. Like that photographer you were so giddy to allow touch you!?” Vikram sneered cruelly down at Eva who tried to use her hands to push her legs out of his hold.

ah ah you will not be getting away from what I have planned for you” Vikram chuckled darkly. Using his other free hand he curled his fingers around the neck of Eva and began to squeeze till he was almost cutting her airways off.

The twins were walking up the stairs when Adil paused from just above the stairway to the bedrooms when his ears perceived the muffled cries from Eva’s room.

 

EVA! Adil thought running up the stairs ignoring his brother’s shout behind heading straight to the open door of Eva’s bedroom to see Vikram hovering over Eva’s body. Adil rushed in immediately tackling Vikram by the waist trying to drag him off her.

Vikram felt two arms encircle his waist pulling him away from Eva. He tried to shake the sudden weight off but that whatever was holding him did not want to let go. Instead he allowed the person to drag him off Eva. He fell to the ground on his back as the other body scrambled away.

Eva laid on her back choking from the lack of oxygen while Adil rubbed her back.

How could you be abuse your wife to be! Is this some sick desire for you?” Adil accusing the older male standing up to brush off any dust from his body.

“You will never understand what we have going on boy. This is grown business and not abusive like you crudely say” Vikram replied with a wave of his hand.

Aadesh could not believe what he had witnessed in front of him. His idol hurt his cousin without any regret and flat out denied the claims in front of him and his brother. The idol in front of his eyes transformed to a selfish and possessive man.

“She is not a punching bag for you to use!” Adil spat at Vikram.

Aadesh sensing that Vikram might hurt his brother while Eva was by his side chose to speak up to distract him “hey Vikram how about we go check up on Daadi downstairs? She might have woken up from her afternoon nap.”

 

Vikram reeling in his anger took a slow breath in before allowing a cunning smile appear on his lips as he turned around to face Aadesh at the door.

“Brilliant idea Aadesh! Let’s go see how she is doing. Oh by the way nothing happened in this room” Vikram replied in a warning tone.

Without a word the pair left the room leaving Eva and Adil alone together. Eva spoke up weakly asking Adil to please get a glass of water. Obeying Adil got off the bed rushing down the stairs then seconds later returned with a glass of cool water in hand. He sat on the bed once more handed it over to her.

Eva shakily brought the glass to her lips slowly sipping the water down to quarter of the glass. Adil gently took the glass out of her hands and placed it on the side table.

“Are you alright Eva?!” Adil worried eyeing her up and down to check for any more signs of abuse from her crazy minded husband to be.

“Dizzy” Eva mumbled out softly.

 “I’m going to lay you back down alright?” Adil replied in a reassuring tone. He gently helped her sit on the bed with the pillows propped up behind her back.

“Is she alright?” Aadesh asked quietly walking into the room once more gazing at his ashy coloured cousin and Adil sitting by her side on guard.

“Well she clearly isn’t Aadesh. Why are you back?” Adil sneered sarcastically to his twin.

“What I witnessed today made me realize what a bastard Vikram is. Still I do not want Eva to live with him” Aadesh responded solemnly to the astonishment of his brother and cousin.

“Well that was a surprise to hear from you bro... I am glad your eyes have finally opened. This marriage cannot happen or Eva will end up dead.” Adil answered in a firm voice.

 

“What can we do bro? Together we do not hold the power to do anything! We are only kids to Daadi and Vikram” Aadesh protested.

“Bro we have to involve Paul or Michael. They are the only people we know that will be willing to help to get Eva out of this” Adil replied sighing at the grimace on his brother’s face.

“but---“

“Looks like Eva passed out” Adil cut him off when he felt Eva snoring quietly against his shoulder. The brothers continued to chat in whispers a little longer before getting up to get some food to eat for dinner.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Oh my Vikram is harming Poor Eva out of spite and jealousy for her when it is clear he does not care for her one bit and it took Aadesh long enough to finally see that his idol was bad news. what do you think of what happened in the chapter was a turning point for Eva and the rest of her fam? tell me what ya think in the comments. see you soon!


Enjoy! <3