- Text Size +

 

      Michael passed the tools over to Floyd who was hard at work on his latest invention yet. "So Floyd, what's a guy like you doing here at a Theme Park like Super Mega World?" He asked the Scientist who got out from under the white sheet looking at the Afro wearing 11 year old; he smiled his grand smile and stood up straightening his tie.


"Well to tell you the truth Michael, I am testing out a new invention of mine; it is so rare that nobody has ever seen it before." "Really? What is it?" The little boy asked eagerly wanting to know what kind it was. Before Floyd could answer, the door knocked revealing to be the guys and girls. "Michael there you are we've been looking all over for you." Jackie said walking towards the two people setting his sight on the man. "Who are you?" "The name's Floyd Carlton it is a pleasure to meet you." "The pleasure is all mine; I'm Jackie Jackson and these are the rest of my brothers and our friends. I see you already met our baby brother already." Floyd nodded shaking hands and telling them to sit down.

"Okay Floyd now that the introductions are over and we are all here now, can you please tell us what you are working on?" Mike asked with him grinning walking over to take the sheet off revealing to be a machine that looked like a photo booth but at the top, had a clock. The curtains were a cobalt blue. "Is that a Photo Booth?" Rachel, the red-headed, emerald green eyed 9-year-old asked with him shaking his head. "Not just a Photo Booth it may look similar to it but it is a Time Machine!" 

The kids looked at each-other clearly confused then turning back to him. "A Time Machine?" Tito asked. "That is correct; it can send you into different eras. Both the past and the future wouldn't it be great?" Still, they were very confused. "Is it safe?" April asked. "of course it is once I finish the adjustments, then I'll let you all try it out." "What!? You mean to tell me we are going to be your test guinea pigs!?" Tito asked getting slightly frustrated. "No need to be angry; after screwing in this last bolt, it will be ready."

Finally, it was now ready. "Okay kids, it is all set, who wants to be the first?" Michael got up walking towards it eyeing in an unbelievable state. "Wow.... This is awesome!" Tito kissed his teeth. "Oh please Mike you honestly think we are going to go in there? What are you? Crazy?" "Listen, if we want to help Mr. Carlton to make sure it's working great, we have to it's worth a try please?" The others had uncertain looks then turning back to Michael who had puppy dog eyes making a little whimper. Finally giving in, they decided that it wouldn't hurt; they made it over their knees feeling like jelly as Floyd pulled back the curtain letting them, go in. He pushed some buttons on the key pad turning it on having a red light at the top; the clock's hands started to turn; it then went faster as the gang felt the ground shake beneath their feet.

"Oh my... Let's hope he knows what he is doing!" April said seeing a portal appear. The last thing that happened was when they were swept away screaming loudly in the process.

     


Chapter 3.

There they were in the large never-ending circling spiral. The clock could be heard ticking away though it was no where to be found. They stared at each-other trying to make words but they couldn't; their eyes became dilated by just staring at the moving circle.

"Oooohhhhh....." They moaned out loud. Finally, "M-Michael? where are you?" April asked who was trying to keep her orange mini-skirt down as possible only to get a tap on the shoulder hearing her yelp but then turned around seeing him wave. "I'm right here; man, it feels like you're becoming blind." "Tell us about it!" The others shouted out with not-so-pleased- looks. "Oh hey guys-" "Don't hey guys us; what in the world were you thinking?" Marlon asked his voice beginning to get slightly angry and agitated. Mike scratched behind his neck feeling his cheeks suddenly heat up. "Sorry about that." "You should be sorry; we told you this wouldn't be a good idea from the start." Tito chimed in crossing his arms still flying. "Listen you guys, I hate to interrupt the argument, but I see the portal opening up!" Rachel said pointing her index finger as they were going at the speed of lightning.

"HOLD ON!!!" Jackie yelled as they readied themselves closing their eyes and screaming at the same time falling like garbage.

     Moaning and groaning could be heard from the children as they sat up slowly opening their eyes while adjusting their sight. "Is everyone alright?" Jackie asked with them nodding and standing up dusting themselves off.


"Man, the ride was fun, but the landing was a bit bumpy." Michael said trying to joke but the others didn't laugh which made him shut up in an instant. "Come on, let's see where we are." Tito said walking away with the kids following right behind taking in the surroundings; the sky was a clear crystal blue something that they were familiar with but the luscious green landscapes, wild flowers, and tall large boulders were all that made them wonder.

"Hmmm.... Something about this era seems to grab me but I can't quite put my finger on it." Tiffany said trying hard to think. "Well whatever where we are, it's just going to have to wait; I'm thirsty is there a stream anywhere around so we can get some water?" Marlon asked. 

The hot sun had shined its bright and intense light down; the wind started to pick up as the youngsters covered their eyes hoping that would shield the large golden sphere but it was no use. "Are we there yet?" Jermaine asked as Jackie squinted his eyes then smiled seeing a stream close ahead. "Come on guys not much farther now." And he ran off with them doing the same. "YAY!" They cheered putting their hands in the cool water and lifting them to their mouths taking in the refreshing liquid. "Mmmm.... So good." Rachel said with Marlon nodding and smiling at her. "I'll say I could get a straw and drink all of this." Tiffany replied as they all laughed but it was quickly short-lived when they heard rumbling beneath their feet; tiny pebbles were jumping and that could only mean one thing: Roaring erupted; scared looks were all they had as a giant foot stomped down. "T-T-T-T-Tyrannasorous Rex....." Michael said his voice cracking and lifting a shakey finger. "No sudden movements now..." He said in a hushed tone. 

The large orange dinosaur looked around finally gazing down at the children but he had set his sights down on April the most; soon, he lowered down sniffing her perfume as she trembled from head to toe and closing her eyes. "Hey! leave her alone!" Michael said getting in front of the brunette haired girl and lifting his arms now in protected mode; the next thing he knew, he was swatted away and the large razor sharp teeth lifted her by the back of her shirt carrying her away. "HELP!!!!" She yelled. "APRIL NO!!!!" The others all screamed in unison running after but he was so fast that he left a trail of thick dust blinding them.