- Text Size +

 

     Later that night while everyone was in bed, Latoya, on the other hand, was wide awake and very worried about Michael. Going over to his bedroom door with a plate full of his dinner (which he didn't touched), she knocked. "Michael it's me open the door please I have your food wrapped up for you. She said in her quiet tone yet but he didn't answer so she knocked again having no luck at all. This started to worry her even more as she set the plate on the floor and took out a hair pin. After many attempts the door finally opened allowing her to go into his room.


"Michael? are you in here?" She whispered as she eyed his bed but what she saw really shocked her. After removing the blankets seeing two pillows, she had finally lost it. "Mother, Mother wake up! Michael is gone!" That caught everyone's attention as they all got up witnessing. "Oh my poor baby! where could he have gone to?" Katherine wailed seeing her son's bed empty which scared poor little Randy and Janet.

"Do you think Michael is dead?" Janet asked hugging her mother. "Don't be silly Janet, he probably just ran away" Randy said trying to stay strong but deep down he was afraid.

     "But, will he come back?" Janet asked with Randy shrugging in a shaky way. "We'll go look for him Mother, besides we think we know where he is" Tito said with Katherine looking at them. "You do? Where?" "At a familiar someone's house come on guys!!" And they all left leaving the others behind. "Please, bring Michael home safely" Katherine prayed while Joe made a low growl. "When that boy gets back, he's gonna regret the day he was even born.


Rain was coming down in heavy buckets as Michael ran catching his breath making it to Pasadena. Squinting his eyes, he saw the Sanderson Mansion ahead. Finally, he had made it where April's bedroom window was with a tree next to it. He gathered all the strength He could get as he climbed all the way to the top seeing through her room and her sleeping peacefully. Michael's heart ache a little more after having the flashback on what happened from earlier but there was no time to think on the bad stuff as he lightly knocked on her window. 

     April turned on her bedroom light and went over to her window seeing Michael sitting on the tree branch which shocked her. "Michael, what are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be back home in Encino? And in bed already?" "That doesn't matter right now all that matters is I came to see you. Now, do you want to go to the park?" April shook her head slowly and held her head down very low but not too low where Michael could see tear stains on her face that looked like she has been crying since her and Sherman got home.


"I'm sorry Michael, but I can't see you guys anymore. I told my father everything the minute we came here and then... And then" April stopped what she was saying not wanting to worry him even more as he climbed through and tried to be very quiet as possible and touched her neck. "Where's the necklace that I got you?" April lifted her head up slowly with fresh tears coming down. "H-he told me to take it off and when I refused, he snatched it off and threw it in the garbage and he beat me" Michael made a little gasp noticing the black marks on her stomach as she lifted her night shirt slightly where he could see them.

"Oh April, I'm so sorry this had to happen" "Michael it's not your fault it's really mine. If we hadn't met each other, none of this wouldn't have happened I just feel so lost right now I don't know what to do." Michael gave her very warm hug letting her cry on his Mickey mouse shirt silently, he started to cry himself.

     APRIL NIGHTINGALE! WHO DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR ROOM!?" Yelled Sherman as he knocked on the door very loudly scaring the children. "What are we going to do?" April quietly asked Michael who looked around in a heartbeat. "It will be a lot easier if we go down come on" "But I'm not dressed" "It's okay come on do you trust me?" April looked down at his hand then back at her room door and nodded; picking her up bridal-style, they both went down the sturdy tree branch with her holding onto him for dear life sliding down with the water splashing behind as he put her down and in hand-in-hand, they were on their way.


"Come on Marlon!" Jackie yelled seeing his brother panting for air trying to keep up. "There's her house!" Jermaine yelled as they got to the front door. After ringing the bell, revealing to be Darla in her lavender robe asking the boys what they were doing here so late? Jackie took his time explaining.

"Oh my stars! really? I feel so guilty." Darla said putting her face in her hands and sobbed lightly. "It's not your fault Mrs.Thompson, please don't blame yourself we just thought that Michael was here so we could bring him home we think he came so he could be with April" Jackie said finishing up. Darla wiped the tears off and shook her head. "I don't know where they could have gone but I do know that the minute you all came here, that afternoon, I knew in my heart that you all are great people so I trust him with her let's hope they are not in any danger though or I would never forgive myself and I know you all care for your little brother and try to keep him out of harms way" The brothers looked at one another with sad expressions each giving her a hug and left.