- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hi everyone! So a few years ago I wrote a series of MJ fanfic stories about Michael's relationship with a made up character named Jess. I wrote about six stories about them, it followed their ups and down and eventual marriage and having kids.

I started reading them again and I came up with this story. This takes place starting before all of those other stories happened and up through the story I wrote called "Remember The Time."

Instead of from the POV of Jess, it's from another character named Elera. I thought it would be fun to try out another perspective on Michael.

Give it a read and let me know what you think. Especially if you've read any of my other stories.

Chapter 1:


New Job


I never thought I would have to work as a house maid. All my life it seemed to be the type of job that was beneath me. But after my mother passed away last month leaving me to take care of myself and my 9 year old sister, I had to take what I could get.
The job agency that I found the position through didn’t tell me the name of my employer. I got a call two days ago saying they had found a position for me as a house maid at this address. All I knew that it was in a ritzy part of California so my employer had to have been loaded. I only hoped that they were kind and weren’t one of those snobby rich people you see on TV all the time.
I pulled up to the gates of the house and gasped. I knew they had to have been loaded but I wasn’t expecting this. The house was gigantic and it was gorgeous. I had never seen a home so beautiful. I pulled up to the front of the house and stepped out of my car. I immediately felt inferior just being here. I went up the steps to the front door and rang the doorbell. I didn’t know what I was expecting when that door opened but what I got I wouldn’t have dreamed of in a million years.
The man who opened the door was tall and very light skinned. He wore black jeans and a blue button up shirt. His long curly hair was pulled into a ponytail and a few strands hung around his face. Appearances aside, he greeted me with a warm smile while I stood there dumbfounded and in shock.
“M-Michael Jackson?” I stammered already making a fool of myself.
“You must be Elera?” he said in a soft voice.
I nodded slowly. “Yes…”
“Come on in, I’m glad you’re here,” he replied moving aside to let me in.
If I was shocked by the outside of the house nothing could have prepared me for the inside. I had never seen anything to beautiful in my entire life. I stood there once again in shock as I took it all in.
“I’m so glad you’re here,” Michael said knocking me out of my daze. “I’ve been short staffed since my last house keeper moved to the east coast.”
“I’m glad I can help,” I said trying to put aside my shock and at least sound coherent, the last thing I wanted was for the Michael Jackson to think I was an idiot. But it was hard to concentrate being in the presence of the biggest celebrity in the world. He stood with his hands clasped behind his back and there was still that smile on his face. I felt like I would melt on the spot.
I suddenly remembered what I was there for and tried to sound professional. “If there’s anything you’d like me to do I’d be happy to get started.”
“Nonsense, you just got here. Do you want anything? There’s plenty of food in the kitchen.”
“Um, sure,” I said surprised.
He led me down the hallway to the kitchen where there was a man in an apron washing a few dishes.
“This is Hank, he’s my chef,” Michael said.
Hank looked at Michael with a smile. “What’s up Michael?”
“This is the new housekeeper, Elera,” Michael said introducing me. “Can you make her lunch?”
“Sure, what’ll it be dear?”
“Um, I don’t know, do you have sandwiches?”
“I can whip up a grilled chicken sandwich for you if you want.”
“I’d like that.”
“How about I take you on a tour of the place while Hank is cooking?” Michael asked.
My face lit up. “Sure!”
“Follow me,” he said.
He showed me the entire house from the many rooms, the basement which contained a gym and game room, upstairs to his luxurious bedroom, and outside which was absolutely incredible. I watched in awe as he showed me the zoo, the amusement park, and the movie theater among many other things.
“Your house is incredible,” I said as we started making our way back inside.
“Thank you,” he replied. “It’s my own little slice of paradise. As you can imagine it’s really difficult for me to go out to a normal zoo or movie theater. That’s why it’s all here in one place.”
“It must really suck to not be able to go out without people making a big fuss over you.”
He nodded in agreement. “Sometimes it is. I’d love to be able to go to the park or a mall or something. And sometimes I can but not often.”
*WW*
the next day I went out to lunch with my best friend Brittany. We'd been friends since elementary school. She was the exact opposite of me: tall, outgoing, and always down for some fun.


“So how was the first day on the job?”


“It was...okay,” I replied stirring my tea distractedly. I only had one thing on my mind and that was Michael Jackson.


“Who are you working for? I bet it's some rich snob.”


“He's not a snob at all,” I replied.


She got more interested. “Ooh it's a he. What's his name? What does he look like?”


“It's Michael Jackson.” I held my breath waiting for her reaction.


Her mouth dropped open and she stared at me in disbelief for a few seconds. “Michael Jackson's? The Michael Jackson? The King of Pop?”


I nodded. “That's the one.”


“You're Kidding!” She nearly shouted.


“I swear I'm not.”


“Oh my god! This is crazy! You've been in Michael Jackson's house! Touching his stuff and actually talking to him! Did you see the entire house? I bet it's huge isn't it?”


I smirked. “Huge doesn't even begin to describe it.”


“You've got to introduce me!”


“Of course I will.”


“What if he likes you?”


“What do you mean?”


“What if he wants to date you?”


“Britt I work for him. He's not going to date me.”


“But what if he does? I mean, how amazing would that love story be, huh? Besides, you haven't dated anyone since Brennan. Wouldn't that rub it in his face when you start dating the king of pop?”


I could tell she was already formulating how exactly this would work. And I had to admit, it excited me. But this was Michael Jackson we were talking about. He was rich and famous. Why would he ever want to date me?”

Chapter End Notes:

Let me know what you think of the first chapter!