- Text Size +
"I wanted them to leave the room so I could talk with you about your journal." said Michael while closing the back door after being assured his other guests were accommodated outside.

"Alright." replied Renee as she followed Michael and sat beside him on the sofa.

During their private time, Michael and Renee discussed the journal entries which were Renee's expressions of the kinship she and Michael shared-proof of their relationship as kindred spirits. Renee noticed while discussing humorous, joyful entries, Michael spoke in the high soft quality with which Renee was most familiar. When discussing the more serious entries, Michael allowed his tone to change to a deeper, more natural quality.

"Do you need this back?" asked Michael quietly.

"No, you can keep it...I wrote it for you." replied Renee.

Renee, observing Michael as he read other journal entries, fondly reached out, and gently brushed a lock of hair away from his face. As she was about to lean in to kiss Michael, Renee remembered the book her daughter had asked her to give Michael.

"Oh, I almost forgot." replied Renee as she reached into her bag, and handed Michael the book titled "Weeding the Truth From The Garden of Lies." "My daughter asked me to give this to you...She said you might remember her."

"Her name is familiar." replied Michael having read "Nicole Alexander" on the book's cover.

"We used to call her "Nikki" when she was little." replied Renee as she opened the book to the inside back cover on which there were two photos, one showing Nicole as a little girl called "Little Nikki" hugging Michael, and the second with Nicole as a grown woman. "She says she and her brother met you when they were patients in the burn center you opened."

"Yes, I remember her...little Nikki..." replied Michael, having recognized himself and the little girl with him in the picture. "...yes...So, she's an author now."

"Mm, hm." replied Renee. "And her brother, Jean Paul is studying broadcasting and the law. You've been a role model for them, Michael-for all of us. They think what those greedy cowards and the media did to you,-slandering you, destroying your reputation, and leading others to hate you for no reason-, just to get their hands on your money is absolutely disgusting-we all do. And they both want to make sure that never happens to you...ever again." Renee continued as she gently stroked Michael's arm and hand., "And we're with them one hundred percent."

"Thank you..." Michael replied quietly, feeling moved to tears. "I appreciate that."

"Oh, Michael..." Renee replied after brushing away Michael's tears, kissing him on the cheek, and gently taking Michael's hand in her own. "You have done so many good things, and made a difference in the lives of so many people...we all love you. 'je taime', Cheri...Jeā€™taime." Renee continued while kissing the back of Michael's hand.

In response, Michael gently tilted Renee's chin with his finger so her eyes met his, leaned in and covered Renee's mouth in a loving kiss, after which he rose, helped Renee to her feet, and drew her to himself in a warm embrace. As he was about to kiss Renee again, Michael was interrupted by the sounds of the patio door opening, followed by the voices of his children.

"Daddy!" came the voice of Michael's youngest son, Blanket as the child came running in, teary eyed, followed by two older children Renee recognized as Michael's son Prince, and his daughter Paris, and Molly, a woman in her sixties who Renee later learned was the mother of Prince and Paris' playmates.

"Blanket...come back here!" Renee heard Prince command as the younger boy found his way over to Michael and into his father's arms.

"What happened?..." asked Michael looking inquiringly at Prince and his sister, while kneeling, holding and comforting Blanket "...huh?"

"He'll be okay, Michael." replied Molly, "He and the other children just began playing a little too rambunctiously...as children are known to do."

Hearing Molly's statement, Renee imagined the words made Michael realize that although he'd watched children playing, he had no personal experience of rambunctious play, and only limited memory of his childhood after the age of five, when he'd joined his four older brothers as lead singer of pop music group, The Jackson Five, and became one of the hardest working child performers in the history of the music business.

Seeming to be able to sense Michael's sadness at his realization, and wishing to comfort him, Renee gently slipped one arm around his waist from behind, kissed the side of his neck, and gently rubbed his free arm as she rested her chin on his shoulder, a comforting gesture Michael acknowledged with a whispered:"Thank you" to which Renee whispered: "You're welcome", as shortly after another woman the age of Molly and speaking with a similar Irish accent, wearing an apron over her clothes came in to announce lunch is ready. In response, Molly escorted Prince and Paris out to the patio as Michael-accompanied by Renee, and carrying his youngest son in his arms, joined the others out on the patio, and invited them to take seats around the table. Renee in an effort to keep her agoraphobic symptoms under control sat in the seat closest to the side of the house, and husband Tyrell took the seat next to her on the left. Michael took a seat to Renee's right, and gently persuaded little Blanket-when he was ready-to take the seat between his father and Renee. Having come over to see if her little brother wanted to join her and the other kids, Paris-on her father's instruction-took the seat to Michael's right. The rest of the seats at the table were filled in by Michael's oldest son, Prince, the other children and members of Michael's staff on the right, while MyKayla and her 'Speed Demon" band mates took the remaining seats on the left...

"So, Michael...what're we going to be recording? Remixes?...Or?" asked MyKayla, curious and excited to know what her life-long idol had in mind...

Epilogue:

Renee and Tyrell stayed in Ireland with MyKayla and her Speed Demon band mates as the latter worked with Michael on a new album--the news of which was reported in the late fall of 2006.

Although disappointed about not being able to perform in concert with Michael, MyKayla had been thrilled just to be working with Michael in the recording studio.

"You're in the big time now, girlfriend." said Renee. "When word gets out you made a record with Michael Jackson, the offers will start pouring in."

"And even if they don't, these past few days have been an amazing experience." replied MyKayla.

"For me too, Cherie...for me too." replied Renee

Having had the opportunity to meet Michael, share kinship moments with him, and watch him in his element-exercising his creative energies, and demonstrating the expertise and talent that had earned him the title "The King of Pop"-was an experience Renee knew she would remember for the rest of her life.

After recording finished-shortly after Christmas-Tyrell and Renee, along with MyKayla and friends spent the early part of the new year in Nice with Ty and Renee's son and daughter before returning to America and their careers....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







Michael and his three children returned to America shortly after Christmas in 2006 where they lived until Michael's untimely death, at the hands of his doctor in the early afternoon of June 25, 2009...

Evan Chandler-the first to falsely accuse Michael of child molestation in order to extort money from him-was found dead of an apparent suicide, in his home, in November of 2009.

Janet Arvizo-the second to falsely accuse Michael of child molestation in order to extort money from him- had her credibility questioned by people who witnessed her behavior during the 2005 child molestation trial where Michael was acquitted of all 14 charges against him. Ms.Arviso was later found guilty of welfare fraud.

Michael's three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket now live with Michael's mother Katherine, under the co-guardianship of Katherine, and Michael's nephew T.J.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Author's Note:

This book was written as a work of fiction based on fact. Part three (Renee's story) in particular was written in order to debunk all the myths created by the tabloid media with regard to Michael's lifestyle, and his treatment of young children....All the information referred to in Part three of this book can be found through corresponding links on the internet.



Kindred Spirits (c) 2010
Chapter End Notes:
Anyone interested in purchasing a Kindle or Books in Print copy of this story can find it on Amazon.com. Just look for "Kindred Spirits~A Tribute to Michael Jackson" by Mary K. Michaels (my pen name) :)