- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A/N: I’m using this fanfic as a way of practicing my writing and trying out new techniques. Expect infrequent updates. I will make many references to movies, books, and music; this is always deliberate. Whether you’ve heard of it or not, I recommend looking up the things I mention to gain a better understanding of the themes in this story.

Author's Chapter Notes:

This is a list of all the characters featured in the story. It is here for reference only and can be skipped.

Silvestri Family Tree - http://www.familyecho.com/?p=WQRVA&c=so6kuegjs6&f=903312936879862252

Characters (in order of appearance)

Michael Jackson (age 50)

Perhaps the most famous entertainer in the world, the announcement of his death on June 25, 2009 has left the public reeling. Michael himself was quite shocked to discover he had been pronounced deceased. Currently he is being held in an unknown location, and with his health being poor, he has been unable to investigate or attempt to escape. All he knows is that they claim to want to help him recover, although given the circumstances that statement is questionable at best...

Clara Silvestri Jackson

Michael's late wife. The daughter of a Hollywood actor, she met Michael in 1982 and they were married the following year. Killed in a car accident in 1990, she left behind her husband and three young sons. To her family's horror, the media has continued to launder conspiracy theories that she faked her death in order to escape her marriage.

Tobias Jackson (age 24)

The eldest son of Michael Jackson and Clara Silvestri. He has a twin brother, Arthur. Like his father, Toby went into show business, becoming a singer under the stage name "Lazarus". He is married to Fatima, a Somali dancer. They have no children.

Arthur Jackson (age 24)

The second son of Michael Jackson and Clara Silvestri and the twin of Tobias. For most of his life, he has been tormented by claims that he looks "too white" to be MJ's son and therefore must have had a different father. Arthur followed in the footsteps of his grandfather Lorenzo and became an actor, starring in numerous films. He had a daughter, Johanna, with the screenwriter Morgan DeMille, whom he never married.

Donovan "D" Jackson (age 22)

The youngest son of Michael Jackson and Clara Silvestri. He is the most mysterious of the three, having managed to hide his whereabouts and personal life from the world. Unfortunately, he is also very distant from his family, rarely speaking to his brothers, who often have no idea where he is or how to contact him. When he does show up, it's usually only for a brief time. Sometimes he seems to disappear into thin air!

Fatima Jackson

The wife of Tobias Jackson. Born in Somalia, she moved to America at the age of fourteen. She met Tobias while working as a backup dancer at one of his shows.

Lorenzo Silvestri (age 77)

The father of Clara and Elena. Born in Italy, he ran away to America to pursue a career as an actor. He is divorced from the mother of his children, Julia Krause, and has since married Vanessa Redwall, a fellow actress. He is very fond of Michael, viewing him as a son, and of his grandchildren.

Julia Krause (age 74)

Clara and Elena's mother. Originally from the South, she changed her last name from Wilkes to Krause and attempted to launch a career as an actress, but never achieved success. She divorced Lorenzo when her daughters were in their teens and remarried as many as six times - she keeps exaggerating the numbers. Having disapproved of Clara's marriage to Michael, she has never even met her grandchildren. Currently she lives in Georgia and cares for Elena.

Elena Silvestri (age 55)

Clara's older sister. For most of her early life she managed to stay out of the spotlight. Her marriage to Rick Fraser, a respectable banker, was overshadowed by her sister's wedding to MJ. She and Rick had a daughter, Tiffany, in 1985. No one knows for certain what went wrong, but a few years later the couple was embroiled in an ugly divorce. Elena won custody of Tiffany only to lose her rights after a suicide attempt. She was diagnosed with schizophrenia and currently resides with her mother in Georgia.

Tiffany Fraser (age 24)

Clara's niece. The daughter of Elena and Rick, she is the cousin of Toby, Arthur, and D. In 1989, after her mother's failed suicide attempt, she was taken in by Clara and Michael and lived at Neverland Ranch for a year. Currently she works with computers and lives with her ailing father.

Merle Sinclair

An actor who served as a mentor figure to Arthur. Coincidentally, he briefly dated Clara before she met Michael. Tabloids have suggested he may be Arthur's biological father.

Morgan DeMille

A Hollywood screenwriter. She is the mother of Arthur's daughter Johanna, the result of a one-night stand. While they share custody of Johanna, she and Arthur barely speak to each other.

Evelyn Sharma

A half-Indian, half-German swimsuit model trying to break into movies. Arthur becomes infatuated with her while working on the movie Phoenix.

Alan Sheridan

An old boyfriend of Clara's who claims she is still alive.