- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Michael and Candace-Ayana

"Michael, you finally made it!!!" I heard Miny shout and wave at me....

I smiled at her...Miny, Evie, and Moxy were my some of favorite people to converse with...ugh..if case you're wondering...Miny, Evie, and Moxy are....you know you heard someone say "conjoining twins." Well....Miny, Evie, and Moxie are...a head of the game...*giggles* Stil didn't get it? Well, they're conjoining triplets...They're the first conjoining triplets in the world...That's their whole...mystique...

I strolled over to the triplets...and their homecooking completely invaded my nostrils..

The aroma of smoked ham, gumbo, brocoli and cheese bread, sweet potato pie, and their famous banana cream pie...that I know Evie made just for me. 

"Hey, Miny, Evie, and Moxy.."

"And hello to you, Mike...I heard you did a amazing job." Miny said while fixing me a plate...

"oh, and don't forget your slice of pie, Mike." Evie said giving me a blue cermaic plate with my favorite confectionary in the world...

See? I told you all for me!!

I smiled and blushed at her compliment...

"Thanks, Miny..." i said while, she gave me the silver tray...

'Mike, we're serious...there's a reason why you're the best entertainer to date." Evie said with a wink...

Wow, they really all think that??? Well, I mean I been called that several times, but I try not to let it go to my head...well, not everytime...

I smiled warmly at the girls and went to a designated table...

I sat with Janet and Wilisss,Ms. Monae and Dr. Zork...

"Hey, guys."

"Mike, over here dude!!" I heard Wilissss shout...

I mosied my way over and sat adjacent to Willissss and Ms. Monae...

"Man, I heard you and the fam where rockin'." Willissss said with a mouth full of cricket soup...

Yeah, he really lives his name as the lizard man..Willissss tattooed his whole body with green scales, much like a lizard...He has many piercings, including his ears, nipples, stomach...a regular freakshow, but he loves it and so does the crowd.

"This soup is too good...wanna try some??" Willisss offered.

I saw Ms. Monae scrunched up her face...

"No, thank you..these finger sandwiches, will do just fine." She said while delicately  eating them...

hehe Ms. Monae is the dainty one out of us...shes' the trapieze artist, double jointed acrobat...She loves to wear dresses and is very vivid with her performances, clothers, you name it...

She always says:" The world wouldn't be the world if beauty never existed."

She's very poised, elegant, feminine, more than Latoya, I think, but that's why they're best friends...

I giggled at Ms. Monae's countenance; what she doesn't know is Willissss has the hugest crush on her..but I don't hwo that'll work...Two different souls..

"Michael, you've been awfully quiet, is something wrong?" Janet asked me softly...

I looked at her...and smiled...

"No, sis, why?"

She kept eyeing me life she didn't believe me...

"You sure, you've been awfully quiet...well, more quiet than normal..."

If she only knew...but I didn't want to worry her with my problems...

"No, sis...I'm just tired from our performance earlier." I picked apart the savory brocoli and cheese bread...

Janet kept staring at me, as if she was reading my mind...*sighs* I swear Janet is my twin, she always seems to know something's wrong..like some type of telekenetic power she uses on me...

She sighed and continued eating...

I'm glad she let it go.

Dinner went well and everyone crowded for fellowship and laughed and discussed our performances or whatever, after a while...We all called it a night and ent our separate ways into our trailers...

I went into my room and folded my arms..behind my head and started fantasizing about my life, mainly in the future...What would I still be doing? Would I still be performing or passing the torch to someone else??? Will I forever be lonely in my newfound fame???

I sighed...I don't know what the future will hold...maybe, I will talk with madame Zorra...I confided in her about my future and she seemed to always got it right...

She even predicted me being the biggest entertainer..I wonder what she said about a perennial lonliness and isolation??? I hope it fades...


"Aww, Ms. Tiller..I'm so happy you came, we've all been waiting..." I saw this Mr. Bryant, the red-haired, beady eye crook that he is...

I gave him my best smile...best smile, I mean fake...

"Ah, Bryant...the known con-artist.." I said..

He coughed...

"Ms. Tiller, now is not the tim---

"Oh, no?? It is the time to disclose to other artist of how you cheat them of their talent, just to sell their art as your own..and charge it."

Mr. Bryant, I will not give you my art for $1"

pfft..he doesn't know these art supplies do not come cheap...one canvas is $200.."

"I will not sell my art to you, so stop following me and find another dope." I said power walking away from him...

*sighs* No one appreciates art anymore...I put my heart and soul into my pieces, all for them to re-sale them?? And lie about the true artist???

Anywho, I set up my work in a designated, secluded spot..I tried to fins the right lighting..and this was perfect...I don't know..I feel when the lighting is just right, the art can really be captured..like you can focus more on what's going on...

I also like when my audience gaze at more than one focal point...that's what I try to do with my work..*sighs* but...idk...

"Candace-Ayana!!! Hurry, the judges are ready to vote and deliberate.." I heard my father roughly whisper...

I sigh and set it up...

"Ladies and gentleman, I present you one of my fabulous pieces that I've been working on for over a month...this piece is very near and dear to my heart...I hope you too can correlate this art to your own lives..." With that I snatched the white opaque sheet...

I give you family from above..."

I heard many "ooohs" and "awww" 

I hope their good responses...I really put myself into this...

You're probably wondering what I painted...

I painted my family and I in the park...do you remember that famous painting:

"Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jetta." Well, that's where I got my inspiration, except it was my father, mother, and I and my cute little collie, Roxy...

"Wow, the hues are work ver well."

"Very rough brush strokes, but I like it...it's different."

I was elated by the responses...

I saw the art critics view painting and making small talk with the other critics.

I was biting my nails and hyperventilating. I just pray that I get something from this...

The art critics, judges whatever you wanna call them, deliberate and the finally annouce their pick:

"On behalf of the Art Galaia..we are happy to declare.............

Candace-Ayana Tiller as our winner."

I had delayed reaction, but I screamed in excitement and mosied my way to retrieve my ribbon, and $500 dollars in cash...

I really didn'y think I was going to win...

I knew tha chick with the cubism inspired piece sculpture was going to win....

"Thank you." I said to each and every judge, as I shook their hands.

I saw my mommy and daddy clap for me, well, Mommy did...Daddy is very..aloof when it comes to showing emotions or rather sensivity..

"Im so proud of you, babygirl..." My mother hugged and kissed my cheek...

Thank you, mommy..." I said giggling...

I looked over to my father, he actually smiled at me...

"I'm very proud of you." He sternly said....

I nodded...."Thank you....See? daddy, I told you they would like the harsh brush strokes."

He smirked..."Yeah, but you got lucky."

I shook my head..."Daddy, it was more than luck." 

"Oh, Malik, can you be happy for this child one time??? She put her heart and soul into this...at least acknowledge that!!! My mother snapped...

It's no use, my father was one astute man..and it's his way, or the highway...

I honestly didn't want to ruin this archive-like moment, so Ioffered if we go to dinne, to clear the stale ambiance...

Lucky me, we did...It was great dinner, no "i told you so" and what I could've done better, daddy, was calm and more lively...

So, we ended this chapter with me winning the art show, daddy not being a jerk, and me still feeling....aloof, but why??? Well, I will conclude this and see ya soon...

 

Chapter End Notes:

hmm...