- Text Size +


Meanwhile at the venue..

Michael stood leaning heavily on his right leg. He gazed over the heads of the guests trying to see if he could see any approaching cars.

Marlon sensed Michael's inner aniexty a mile away. He knew his brother needed a slight distraction and what better way than to scare him?

"Take it easy lil bro" Marlon urged him as he slapped his palm down his shoulder.

Michael didn't let the sudden movement from Marlon show in front of everyone. He sighed softly before responding to his brother.

"Why did you do that Marlon" Michael said smiling tightly at his grinning brother.

"Because you were staring beyond where we stand to magically hope Amber and Andy will somewhat appear but they hasn't. Relax little bro" Marlon replied grinning cheekily.

Chris wondered what their conversation was about from muttering back and forth between the brothers.

"What are y'all talking about?" He questioned in a normal volume.
Which lead to a conversation distracting Michael away from his troubles with his brother and friend Chris.
.
.

Half an hour later Andy strolled on the grainy sand in his matching slippers and in his hands were his leather shoes. As he approached the wedding venue he saw Michael waiting for him.

Michael looked behind Andy hoping to see Amber behind but she wasn't anywhere in sight.

"Andy? Where is Amber?!" He inquired nervously.

"She's going to be slightly late. She decided to come on her own in a car" he replied sheepish.

"You allowed her?! Oh Amber" Michael groaned at the possibilities of what could happen to her on the way here.

"Let's not worry son she will be fine I did try to stop her but she's stubborn as I am. she won't be long hopefully" Andy reassured in a soothing tone.

"Just wait till she gets here. Great" Michael mumbled.

"Let's tell everyone the news like I said all we can do is wait" Andy advised him. He threw one arm around his sons-in-law shoulder stirring him to face the crowd and tell them of the latest news. Not everyone found the news slightly comforting but nonetheless all they could do was wait.

As that was happening poor Amber was lost in the sea of rush hour traffic praying she would eventually get out of it.

Forty five minutes later and counting Amber parked the car near the beach sidewalk. She quickly stumbled out of the car slamming the door behind her. The sound altered the guests of her presence as all eyes zoomed on her.

The look of sheepish regret was written all over face. Michael didn't hold back the relief he felt in a sigh, now that she was here at last.

Andy chose to stand up quickly from his seat and make his way to Amber, he wanted to get the ball rolling. He held out his hand towards her smiling warmly.

Smiling back at her father Amber grasped his outstretched hand. As she did so Andy loped her hand on his arm and they began the walk down the aisle.

Amber held her breath feeling butterflies flutter inside her seeing all the people gazing at her in wonder, she caught her mother's teary gaze blowing into cream handkerchief in hand.

Her gaze drifted between the many faces of everyone including her baby who squealed eagerly at seeing her mummy from grandmother Katherine's lap.

Amber felt one stare out of all of them burn though her. She focused her gaze upwards to see Michael's look of wonder at the sheer elegance and beauty of Amber walking towards him.

All his previous worries of her not coming washed away at the breathtaking smile she wore on her beautiful face.

He stood rigid till she stood in front of him as Andy placed her hand in his before stepped away returning to his seat.

Amber eagerly grabbed his hand as he tightened his grip on hers. They stood now facing each other as the priest spoke on about the union between them.

The young lovers shared their memories of their first vows earning a few chuckles from the crowd before giving each other a more heartfelt vow once more.

"You may now kiss the bride" the baritone voice from the priest spoke.

Michael gently bought Amber's face to meet his lips as they shared a deep but sweet kiss ignoring the roar of the crowd around them they pulled apart for air.

The rest of the wedding was continued at the wedding venue. A few minutes away from the beach to everyone's delight.

Once inside the spacious and decorative hall decorated in a lush green and baby blue colours on the chairs and tables where as the ceiling lights twinkled above them.

Everyone settled down once more to tuck into the different selections of food and drink given.

The after party was hosted by Marlon who cracked jokes and funny embarrassing stories at the suspense of his little brother. He avoided the glare from his mother when he went a little far and brushed it off to switch to another conversation.

Soon it was close to midnight and the party had finished for many people that went home. All that were left were a few people sipping wine and quietly chatting while the music from the loud speakers played quietly.

Amongst the remaining crowd Marlon slumped into his seat drinking a tall of glass vodka, the table located near the back doors where the ladies and gents toilets.

As Marlon took another swig of from his chilled vodka he choked from the sudden from the yelling he heard from outside the door.

Banging on his chest to clear his throat. Once his throat was cleared. He listened to the voices recognizing the two voices yelling for all their worth.

He sat silently listening further on to hear what the argument is about.

"So you think I will fucking let you play me like a fool Daniella? I ain't that type of Negro! I ain't stupid" Chris yelled at Dani.

"I didn't think you were Chris! You've been away for how many months touring on your damn comedian shows and you expected me to wait?!" She screeched at him.

"What I expected from you girl was faithfulness! I didn't expect to come home from my latest gig to see you kissing another fucking man! I stayed faithful to you! I promised to do that and all you did was go and become a hoe behind my back!" He shouted in unfiltered anger.r

Slap!

Marlon heard the sound of a slap resound in his ears. Without a thought he gulped down the last part of vodka in hand and quickly rose up heading to the door just in time to wrap his arms around Chris's middle tightly pulling him back. He didn't want the fool to make a stupid mistake.

"What?! Marlon get off me! This hoe deserves a beating how dare she fucking slap me for telling the truth and she knows I'm right!" Chris shouted as he stood trying to get himself out Marlon's arms around him.

"Fool I know you feel don't attack her jail ain't worth it" Marlon reasoned.

Dani pushed herself to the wall watching as her man struggled in Marlon's grip trying to set himself free.

"What the heck is going on?!" Suddenly Amber's voice jumped in from the door opened by Michael.

"Tell your skank of a cousin bitch! We though! She can pack her shit out of my house!" Chris shouted at Amber who was about to say something before Michael interrupted her trail of thought.

"Wait what happened? Chris? What did Dani do please calm down brother" Michael blurted out confused on the whole situation.

"I cheated!" Dani screeched holding herself against the wall.

Amber gasped at the sudden revelation as Michael's eyes widened in shock.

"Everyone needs to calm down mostly everyone is has left the venue. Suga take care of your cousin while I and Michael take care of trying to calm Chris down" Marlon pointed in a serious tone.

The renewed married couple could only nod and follow his instructions. Amber immediately took charge to guide her cousin elsewhere in the building to talk to her about what went down.

Once the girls were out of sight Marlon loosened his hold on Chris who couldn't back the still pent up fury punched the wall over and over for sometime. The pent up anger drained him emotionally.

Marlon and Michael wordlessly watched him till he felt ready to stop. Once he was done they saw his knuckles covered in blood oozing from his inflicted wounds.

"Let's get you cleaned Chris and we can talk about this" Michael told him in a gentle tone.

"I'll get us all a beer" Marlon said before walking back into the venue.
Marlon held the tray of beers in hand as he walked to the back door entrance. A hand on his arm stopping him in his tracks.

"Marlon?" The quiet voice of his girlfriend Michaela spoke up.

"Yes?" He answered turning around to face her.

"There is something I need to tell you---" she said before Marlon cut her off politely.

"Look babe can this wait? A sticky situation has just happened of all places. Tomorrow we can chat to your heart's content."

"Don't make me wait too long Jackson" she joked lightly.

"Why would I do that?" Marlon responded with a slight wiggle of his eyebrows and a tight smile.

He left Michaela standing there not seeing the smile drop from her lips and her hand graze her flat stomach briefly before walking away.


Chapter End Notes:

Another chapter lol. Anyone expected the drama? Lol. Enjoy!