- Text Size +

The day of the wedding had finally arrived for everyone. The morning was spent making sure everything was in place at the wedding venue with help from Cheri and fifteen year old Janet while everyone else excluding the bride and groom helpedout (including a grumpy Randy and Junior).

Fours hours remained till Micheal and Amber had to leave. Grace had arrived earlier to take Nevada home with her to get changed and dressed giving the couple to change in peace.
Also Katherine and Andy arrived minutes after Grave left with Nevada.

Amber knew he was avoiding her to follow tradition.she found it foolish to follow since their family wasn't traditional in anyway. She decided it wasn't worth the wait, she rose up from the bed glancing at the dress laid on the bed, before leaving the room to find her wayward husband.

Michael stood in his vest and long trousers fiddling with his tousled curls gelled down to perfection.

The door opened and he turned around wide eyed to see Amber standing in a bright red lingerie and matching stockings.

"Amber we aren't meant to see each other till the altar!" Michael blurted out.

"Baby we didn't follow tradition did we? Why bother? Besides I'm half ready" Amber replied smirking cheekily at him.

"But-- your right we aren't traditional" Michael sighed giving up to try and find a fault with her statement.

"I'm always right" Amber sang horribly in a fake falessto.

"Love leave the singing to me" Michael teased.

"I didn't say I'd be ever be a musician. I'll see you at the alter but first let me have my departing kiss" Amber said swaying her hips as she made her way to Michael.

Michael's eyes followed her swaying hips till she stood in front of her. Michael tugged her into his arms as she wrapped her arms around his neck as they shared a slow burning kiss.

The kiss began to become more heated till they heard a quiet gasp from the front door "oh my!"

The couple sprung apart both of them falling to the ground, to see mother Katherine standing in front of them. Her face glowing in amusement.

"Now isn't the time for the both of you to be doing this. get dressed while I help Michael" Katherine ordered gently to the pair.

"Uh yes mother" Amber answered quickly getting up avoiding her stare. She quickly walked out of the room to finish dressing.

"Now baby get off the floor" Katherine scolded fondly.

"Yes mother" he replied sheepishly. He scrambled off the floor to now stand in front of his mother.

Michael grabbed the tie off the bed and started to button it up slowly, while his mother sat on the bedside watching him dress.

Watching him dress in front of the mirror reminded her that he wasn't the little boy she used to give kisses when he had his fair share of bruises. Instead now a man stood in his place. A young man who now had a family of his own as well achieving his goal of becoming a musician

"Baby let me help you with your tie" Katherine offered to him standing up from her seat.

"That would be much helpful" Michael replied in gratitude.

He turned around to face his mother as she stepped forward. She quietly began to adjust his tie as Michael watched her do so.

Michael wondered what his father would have done the same thing if he had been alive this very moment. Would he have given him a pat on the back? Or still be the cold bastard to him?

"Would Joseph be proud of me?" Michael pondered outloud.

Katherine's hands stilled when she heard his question. She sighed at the thought of her deceased husband and thought carefully before she answered Michael.

"I do believe he would have been proud son in his own way baby" she responded smiling lightly before continuing to fix his tie.

Katherine finished a second later fixing his tie and patted his chest fondly.

"Thank you mother" Michael said to her stepping aside to look in the mirror and turning around to give her a peck on the cheek.

"No thanks needed" she replied smiling warmly at him.

"Mother!" The door suddenly opened to reveal Marlon in his holding his bow tie.

"Marlon what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the venue?" Michael asked his brother confused.

"Mother is an expert at tie fixing bro! Besides I helped Amber into her dress a few mins ago..talk to you later" Marlon rambled off in a rush before shutting the door behind him.

Katherine chuckled at Michael's expression before she left the room to help her clueless son. She didn't let the sudden pang in her thought remind her of the absence of her children.

Michael grumbled to himself now that he was alone going back to adding the finishing touches.

Roughly an hour later everyone had departed to the venue expect Andy and Amber who were busy arguing in the living room.

"What? You want to drive to the venue in a car? By yourself?!" Andy exclaimed in shock.

"Yes! Why is that an issue dad? I won't get lost you don't trust me?" She protested.

Andy sighed already feeling a slight migraine cloud his mind at his only daughter's pure stubbornness.

"I do trust you sweetheart it's just your a famous face and everyone knows who you are as well there isn't any car available" Andy replied calmly.

"They won't know I persuaded Michael to buy me a small black window tinted car last year that I use when I want to go shopping and we can't chat all day dad.I have a wedding to go for" she responded in a determined voice.

"Now I know where you inherited your stubbornness. sadly from me. Just be careful and I'll write the address for you" he sighed in defeat. He wrote the address down on a piece of paper using the pocket pen he had in his front pocket.

"don't be late sweetheart we don't want Michael having a panic and anxiety attack" Andy warned teasingly.

"I won't be go dad. Everyone will be waiting" she replied shrugging her shoulders.

Andy could only shush her playfully and squeeze her shoulder lightly before making his way to the door.

Once the door banged behind him Amber held her purse in hand. She rushed out of the living room to go the back house where the cars were parked and ready to be used at any time.

She opened the back door of the home before racing towards the Mercedes black tinted windows car.

She opened the driving side of the car and sat down to start the engine. The engine purred to life to Amber's relief and she began her journey to the wedding venue.

Chapter End Notes:

Enjoy. 

Comments are loved.