- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It's been awhile. I've had a slight writers block and some advice helped me about idea wise to get back into my writing. So here is the next chapter! Please leave a comment. They really do matter! 


Amber was on her knees with her arms stretched out to her little girl in hopes she would toddle towards her.

"Come to mummy princess! I'll let you have a tiny lick of ice cream" Amber cooed to her hoping she'd be persuaded.

Sadly little Nevada didn't even move from the spot, she continued to stare at her mummy helpless and stubborn expecting her to come pick her up.

Amber saw she wasn't going to move an inch wondered what else she could. She sighed dropping her hands down in defeat. Nothing she did would get her baby to move away from the coach.

Seconds later Michael walked into the room returning home from a press conference with the media conceding his next album and tour. Which reminded him he needed to actually talk to Amber about. That would be on his check list.

The father of one blinked in surprise to see his wife on the floor and Nevada stuck like glue the coach.

"Eh love what are you doing?" Michael inquired lost on what was going on.

"Oh baby your home well our stubborn little princess hasn't moved an inch from that coach and I've been trying all afternoon to get her to move ever since" she replied.

"She reminds me of a certain someone that stubbornness" he sang cheekily.

"She's just like you Michael but can you do better!" She challenged him picking herself from the ground and dusting herself off.

"Of course but what do I get in return?" He replied smirking confidently.

"Your favourite meals and dessert for the whole week" she replied folding her arms across her chest meeting his gaze.

"I rather have you love but I accept all of it" he cooed knowing she's look away in embarrassment.

Amber groaned avoiding his gaze. He chuckled at her usual reaction. Snapping out of her embarrassment she told him to not try anything while she went to grab the camera to capture the moment.

She returned back a few minutes holding the camera in hand.

Michael bent down a few metres away from Nevada who'd noticed her daddy and mummy talk continuously. She was glad to see her daddy had his focus on her now.

"My little princess come to daddy! That's it take those little steps daddywill never let you fall" he said in encouragement.

Nevada encouraged by her daddy's soft words boldly took the first step and the next till she was away from the coach. She wobbled slightly on her feet and fell on her bum.

She whimpered ready to burst into tears but Michael's continuous support pushed her to get up again. She walked shakily to him getting closer and closer till she fell into his arms.

Michael watched his baby girl take her first steps and couldn't help but feel tears form in his eyes.

He could barely hear the faint clicks from Amber's camera and her loud sniffles witnessing this precious moment.

Michael scooped her up in his arms as she wailed happily in her daddy's arms grinning a gumless smile.

Amber holding the camera went to stand by them. A breathtaking smile blooming on her lips in sheer delight.

" She walked for you Michael. I'm so glad I managed to catch it on camera and you won" she replied happily.

"She's a daddy girl aren't you princess" he replied blowing a raspberry on her smooth cheek.

Nevada giggled happily in her daddy's arms at the attention and blew a spit bubble in thanks.

"Next time the little one is mine" Amber scoffed at him.

"Is there another one I don't know about love?" Michael asked raising an eyebrow.

"What?! No there isn't you idiot!" She protested hotly.

"Ouch love it's been awhile since you last called me one" he replied faking his hurt. Tired of standing in one spot Michael went to sit on the coach, Amber following after.

"Your still one to me but a loveable one" Amber teased him as he rolled his eyes.

Michael gently rocked Nevada in his arms watching as her eyes fluttered sleepily til she fell asleep soundly in his arms.
Now that she had fallen asleep Michael remembered the promise he had made to Amber about having a better wedding one day and felt it was time.

"Love remember when I promised almost about a year ago that I would remarry you in a better time? I think now is best now that my music is doing well in the charts and we have the money to. I want to give you the wedding you deserve nothing less" he said in a serious tone.

"You still remember that promise Michael? The Vegas reception was enough" She marvelled at his great memory.

"Love I don't break my promises and I truly want to do this for you. Will you allow me treat you like the princess you are" he replied in a pleading tone along with his ebony pools making it harder for her to say 'no'.

"Fine I'll do it but don't go over board I want a simple wedding nothing too expensive" she replied wagging her finger at him mockingly.

"Great that means I'll get the rings replaced first thing tomorrow. You can call the other ladies in our lives and you girls can go bridal and bridesmaid shopping chose wisely love" he replied smirking and stood up to put Nevada down for her afternoon nap.

Amber rolled her eyes and waited for his return.

Michael came back into the room whistling happily till Amber said mischievously "boo it won't be too hard for me but who you will you choose between junior, Marlon AND Chris to be your best man. Also we should book a wedding planner I have no clue on how to plan for a wedding heck a small one"

Michael's face went pale momentarily about who to choose to be his best men.

"Love I'll think about it but let's start planning first how many people we want to invite and somehow avoid the media" he replied bending down to sit by her side.

"I don't want a drop of media in my wedding..." leading to a discussion of who would be invited. They made a quick list before deciding to have an early night in.

Chapter End Notes:

I'm going to try and put weekly updates but we shall see lol. Enjoy!