- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Warning: = Third Pov used in this chapter~

 

The day before the Sunday family night…

 

The Parker family were having an emergency meeting in the mid afternoon to discuss their unexpected guest.

At the moment they were all sitting down on the large family coach in the family living room waiting for Faith to explain the reason for this meeting.

 

Faith walked into the living room, satisfied to see everyone was ready for the meeting. Her mother Caroline Parker (known by her friends and peers as ‘Carry/Carrie') asked puzzled “honey what is this emergency meeting for?”

 

They all stared waiting for her to speak apart from her younger sibling Eddie who was currently playing on his Nintendo. Faith snatched his Nintendo out of his arms as he complained to their mother “Mum! She took my Nintendo!”

 

She stared sternly at one of her youngest children “she has the right to take your toy Eddie, she will return it back to you after she has finished her speech” he pouted crossing his arms and mumbled to himself while his twin laughed wickedly at her brother’s stupidity.

 

Faith folding her arms while she held the Nintendo decided to get started “ok listen up everyone we are having a very special guest tomorrow I don’t want any funny or weird business to happen tomorrow” her eyes drifting to the two troublemakers who were displaying mischievous smirks on their young faces.

 

Devnon Parker deciding to speak on his view about the special guest, his deep voice peeking in interest “oh? Who could this special guest be that so important?”

 

Everyone stared at her waiting for her answer, Faith paused taking a deep breath and said calmly “Prince Michael Jackson”

 

There was a sudden silence until everyone began to speak all at once, the twins talking excitedly amongst themselves, her parents expressing their shock.

 

Juliette expressing her excitement said gleefully “ohmygosh sis! How did you even get him to come eat dinner with us? And how do you even know him so well?”

 

Faith explained briefly “I met at uncle Zane’s shop and from that day he never left me alone so I guess we are friends and uncle Zane invited him personally to come eat with us tomorrow”

 

Her mother began to panic over what she was going to cook for him and if his highness would like any of her dishes. Her doting husband placed his slim muscled arms massaging her shoulders and said soothingly “carry dear you shouldn’t worry about what to give his highness he will like whatever you bring to him”

 

She began to calm down as her husband continued to massage her shoulders. She sighed and looking into her husband’s chocolate brown eyes. She crooned sweetly “your so good to me darling” she pecked his lips which made the twins exclaim together “Ew! Gross!”

 

Faith rolled at her eyes parents over affectionate behaviour but now that she saw everyone was on board. She decided to get down to business clapping her hands to get their attention “alright family we have a lot of work to do to get this place in decent order before the prince arrives in the evening, brats you clean the kitchen and the living room while mum and I will go to the store to stock up for our guest and his bodyguards also papa you can come along with us we will need a strong man to help us carry our shopping or watch the brats your choice”

 

He chuckled humoured at his daughter’s command and immediately getting up he said “someone has to watch these munchkins you girls go shopping we will be waiting at home for you” he turned around to the twins and told them firmly “alright kids time to clean!”

The twins groaned in despair quickly obeying their papa and going to get the instruments needed.

 

Faith and her mother laughed at the twins despair getting their bags went out the door to the shopping started for their guest.

 

 

 

The Dinner….

 

It was Sunday evening and luckily everything that was needed for the day for the prince was prepared and ready for him.

 

The entire family (including uncle) were all nervous at the expectance of the Prince coming to their humble home.

 

Exactly at seven in the evening, a soft knock was made on their door. Faith getting up being nearest to the door, opened the door to see the prince in a simple evening wear of a red polo top hidden underneath his winter jacket, black jeans and dark polished shoes.

 

When he saw Faith at the door his eyes drank her in and he crooned sweetly “you look beautiful Faith”

 

Faith blushed and looked away from his piercing gaze “um thanks, come in”

She opened the door wide enough to let his highness enter with only two bodyguards.

 

She guided them into the large family room where everyone was sitting down, Juliette waving eagerly “come sit with me your majesty”

 

Prince Michael chuckled in amusement walking up to the seat opposite her and sat down while Faith went to sit near Eddie on the other side of the table.

 

Devnon sensing the awkward silence decided to break it by holding out his wine glass and said heartily “well we are glad to have you here your majesty I hope you enjoy your stay let’s eat”

 

With that being said everyone began to chat among themselves and digging into the delicious meal prepared by Carry. Prince Michael was piling up as much as food as he could onto his plate.

 

Faith shocked at the amount of food that was on his plate scolded him lightly “prince Michael chew for goodness sake you’re going to choke!” Prince Michael swallowing his chicken and blinking owlishly at Faith’s scolding “but this is the way I usually eat Liberian girl”

 

Her mother hearing the pet name the prince had bestowed on her daughter cooed “aww look at you honey scolding him to be more careful and he has a nickname for you how adorable”

 

Faith protesting, “Mum! He is not my boyfriend please don’t say stuff like that” when her father heard what his wife said, a side of him that rarely came out to play suddenly burst forth this mode was known as the ‘overprotective daddy mode’ as he sat at the table now glaring at the poor prince who wanted to crawl into a hole and stay there from the hard glare he was receiving from faith’s father.

 

 

“Ah she isn’t my girlfriend we are just good friends Mrs Parker” carry waving a hand in disbelief “you don’t need to call me that your highness you can call me Carry”

 

Juliette decided to intervene battering her eyelashes at his highness and said flirty “if you don’t want to her boyfriend, why not be mine?”

 

Eddie hearing that could not help but laugh hearing his twin try to flirt with a man who was several years older and said a hint of laughter in his voice said pleasantly “your highness please past the sauce, that would be appreciated”

 

The prince tittered nervously handed the bowl of sauce to Eddie on the other side of the table.

 

Everyone continued to eat his or her meal in quiet contentment where Prince Michael watched faith’s parents interact around each other.

 

He requested to hear the story about their love and how it began which made everyone including Uncle Zane who had stayed quiet eating his meal to sigh in annoyance knowing they would be hearing the same story they have heard so many times over the years.

 

Carry giggling lightly while kissing her husband’s cheek while he smirked down at her nudging her to tell their story.

 

Carry began to tell the story in a clear whimsical voice,

 “Well your majesty it all started in the late 80s where I and Devnon had met though a mutual friend who had introduced us at a party where we had chatted for a few minutes but we weren’t able to get to known each other well until several months down the line where I met him again at another friend’s party once again we talked finally exchanging numbers then we meet a few times over the year eventually after two years of being together, He proposed to me under a moon light dinner how romantic right?”

The prince nodded in agreement fully engrossed in the story telling and everyone was playing with his or her food either chatting quietly while they waited for the story to be over.

 

Carry continued “well when I brought Devnon come to my family who are very old fashioned and racist decided they didn’t see him to be fit for the family, we loved each other so much we decided not to care about what they thought and we married moving away from them and a year later we had our beautiful daughter Faith” she smiled softly at her husband. He looked down at his beautiful wife with devoted eyes and kissed her sweetly.

 

Prince Michael clapped excitedly “what a beautiful story, I hope to find my future queen and I hope our story will be as beautiful as yours to tell our own children one day” his eyes flickering at Faith who was busy picking at her nails and her father saw the look and his glare hardened once again.

 

Devnon wanting to test the prince if he was from his part of South Africa decided to speak in his native language “I saw that look you were giving my daughter your highness”

 

Prince Michael thrilled yet nervously pulling at his hair at hearing his native language being spoke back to him replied slowly “I wasn’t looking at her sir”

 

Devnon narrowing his eyes continued to speedily talk in his native language slightly impressed at the speed the boy spoke began firing questions rapidly in Afrikaans.

 

His highness answering as quick he could while the whole table watched the interaction back and forth like a tennis match. Faith intervened annoyed “ok you guys are talking way too fast for all of us to keep up, what the fuck could you both be talking about?”

 

Her mother offended at her daughter’s use of vile language rebuked “No swearing at the table young lady”

 

Devnon got up from the table to collect the dessert from the kitchen invited the Prince along in which he obeyed dutifully.

 

He told his bodyguards to stay back and they obeyed smartly, they both walked into the kitchen where a dark chocolate cake topped in strawberries and cream sat on the kitchen counter.

 

When they entered into the kitchen, Devnon turned around crossing his arms facing him and asked seriously “what are your intentions with my daughter your majesty?”

 

Michael looking into the serious eyes of her father said meekly “I want to make your daughter my Queen”

 

Devnon was a little taken back at the words ‘Queen’ from his mouth but he hid it well and continued to asked bluntly “Queen in what way? Queen material or maid material or even a plaything from what I have heard from that side of the region in royalty”

 

His highness spluttered astonished at the question “ I do not see Faith as a play thing or maid, she is a true Queen in my eyes sir”

 

Devnon pleased with his answer nodded his approval “how much do you like my daughter your majesty?”

 

Prince Michael unintentionally gushed “she is amazing sir to me, she makes me feel so normal, she has an inner beauty I’ve been searching for so long amongst my people that I never thought I would find here also I love her quirky and witty words but I do not understand when she uses those riddles like ‘stuck in the mud’” his eyebrows knotted together in confusion.

 

Devnon snickered softly “ah she got using those phrases from my side of the family your highness as long as she explains it you’ll be fine”

 

He smiled briefly before his expression flashed to is signature poker face “Well your highness, if you break my baby girl’s heart, I will break you I don’t mind even going to jail if that happens, is that understand?”

 

Prince Michael gulped shaken at his words stuttering “y-y-es sir” with that said Devnon changed his whole demeanour slapping the prince on the back roughly said “I’m glad we have met on common ground, now let’s get the cake to our waiting family”

 

Prince Michael smiling sheepishly went to the cake and carried it slowly while Devnon opened the door for him to walk out. Prince Michael walked into the room again with the cake.

 

Faith looked suspicious at her father’s smug expression and Prince Michael’s worried expression.

 

What could have Papa said to get him even more scared I wonder? Oh well there’s cake I’ll get it out of him eventually. She thought to herself interested.

 

The cake was set on the table with the knife placed on the table, Carry standing up to slice a cake for everyone who indulged into sugary treat and the night was finished.

 

At ten in the evening Prince Michael left giving thanks to Carry for the wonderful food and ruffled the twins hair getting a protest from them about their hair. Faith deciding to walk him out, he opened the door for himself before he turned around beaming cheekily “I had so much fun Liberian Girl, thank you for inviting me I hope to come over again some time”

 

Faith grinned “in fact I might let you do that Prince Michael, it was actually fun not much of a disaster today thank goodness, also what did my father say to you?” Michael shook his head, stepping in front of her cupped her cheek and kissed her cheek softly.

 

“You don’t have to worry about that Faith, I’ll see you tomorrow” when he looked up he saw her father glaring from the door of the living room. He let go of her cheek waved his goodbye and went out the door sharply.

 

Faith still feeling the sensation of his soft lips on her cheek mumbled “stupid prince” and went back to join the family.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I had way too much fun writing this chapter esp the dad (snickers evilly) besides we get to meet the rest of the family lmao~

pls share your thoughts i would love to hear what you think :).