- Text Size +

 

 

With the arrival of Faith's mother the tension in the palace cooled down which made everyone (including the staff and servants) breath a sigh of relief to know that the king and queen were back on speaking terms.

 

To Faith's great annoyance her dear sweet mother made it her mission to get her back on track on regaining the weight she had lost over the week and half now.

 

 

Even after the night of making up between the couple they felt more bonded now that they could grief together privately over the child they lost and didn't dare mention the name of Lefa in fear of setting each other off.

 

Faith wanted to get away from her overbearing mum, dragged Michael who wasn't on a meeting thankfully to meet the people outside the palace since she was bored out of her mind being stuck in the palace and needed some fresh air.

 

As they were walking around with the people and bodyguards near by the sandy shores answering any questions asked while they walked.

 

Amongst the crowd Faith spotted a heavily pregnant woman with her husband happily chatting to King Michael.

 

She excused herself from the crowd to stand by the sandy shores allowing the cool water to splash against her feet.

 

She choked back a sob but the tears rushed down her cheeks without even her trying to hold em in.

 

The young couple happily chatting with his majesty over their child and the preparations they were preparing.

 

 King Michael turned his head around but to his surprise she wasn't standing by his side. He looked around looking for her until he spotted her standing by the water.

 

He politely excused himself from the couple's discussion and strolled to where his queen was standing.

 

Michael wrapping an arm around her shoulder, pulling her close to his side.

"What's wrong my queen? Why have you left to stand by here on your own?" He asked gently.

 

"The happy couple's happiness bought back the thought of losing our child" she replied feeling downhearted.

 

"Don't worry my lovely one remember the discussion we had a few days we will have a child when it's time" he replied kissing her forehead as well handing her his handkerchief in his front pocket.

 

She took the handkerchief and blew her nose covering it in snot. She handed the handkerchief back to him and he vaguely held it in his hand.

 

"Ew" Michael said eyeing the handkerchief in disgust.

 

"Don't be a baby" Faith replied sarcastic.

 

"No matter my queen I will give it to someone else" he replied rolling his eyes at her while she smirked.

 

Michael signalled for a bodyguard who immediately stood to take the handkerchief from his hands. 

 

"Are you ready to meet our people again my queen?" Michael asked her squeezing her gently.

 

"Yes let's" she replied smiling softly.

 

The people had watched from distance but hadn't been able to hear the conversation saw their king and queen reapproach them.

 

Once the sun begun to set the King and Queen left in the car home to get some rest for another day.

 

Coming home the couple wasn't expecting a young servant boy to come rushing towards them in a slight panic.

 

After soothing the frantic boy he explained that his ex majesty had arrived a few hours ago commanding the servants to do his demands which they obeyed too afraid to say 'No' to him.

 

Smiling faintly Michael rested his hand briefly on the boy's shoulder as he said reassuring "don't worry I will handle this"

 

Michael holding Faith's hand in his and walking away with her by his side. They walked to the throne room together she was a little worried about how he was going to react when he saw his delusional father after many months.

 

The door opened by a pair of servants standing by the doors as the couple walked into the throne to see Joel sitting on the throne.

 

"Get off the throne" Michael stated coolly to his father.

 

His voice alerted Joel to look from his seat to see his son and wife standing in front of him.

 

"This is still my throne son I can still sit here" Joel replied eyeing the two in disinterested.

 

"No you are not father guards get him off the throne" Michael stated calmly.

 

The guards acting swiftly moved to remove the ex king of the seat and placed him in front of them both.

 

Joel didn't create any fuss but allowed them to place him in front of them. 

 

Rubbing the dust off his clothes momentarily before looking up to fix his passive stare on them.

 

"So where is the child I was told about? Or did your little wife abort her?" Joel sneered nastily at them both.

 

King Michael about to step up to the man he called father and ready to give him a harsh talk to reality, Faith pushed him back gently to step up to the man who needed a serious slap and she was ready to give it to him.

 

Queen Faith standing in front of Joel descended one hot slap onto his skin silencing everyone in the room who didn't think she would proceed to violence.

 

 

Joel's hand flying to his left cheek feeling the burning sting from her assault. 

He bristled at the feel of his reddened cheek.

 

"How dare you!---"

 

"Yes I dared to slap you captain obvious I did so because you disrespected me and my husband for something that wasn't either of our faults which you should have read the correct statement in the newspapers" she said pausing to rotate her hand.

 

"I don't care--" he tried again but was swiftly cut off once again.

"Therefore you do not care because you clearly feel you still have authority to take orders as the ex ruler when your son and I have taken over in your place." She concluded.

 

"Stop interrupting you insolent brat" he shouted at her while Faith hid her fear behind a smug smirk at the man.

 

King Michael stepping out of his silence before watching the interaction between them pulled her to stand behind him as he stood in front of his father.

 

"You deserve what she said and more father for what you said was clearly out of line and I agree with her choice of words" Michael said bluntly.

 

"How will you with her when she slapped me your father boy!" He replied angrily.

 

"You lost that title father when you tried giving my crown to Kenia" he replied icily.

 

 

The father and son gazed into each others eyes burning in brew of clashing emotions. The atmosphere feverish beyond needed her majesty took control.

 

"Guards take him away please and make sure he doesn't slither back into the palace" Queen Faith commanded in a clipped tone.

 

Once again the couple watched another thorn in their lives be dragged out kicking and screaming.

 

 His screams echoing back into the throne room as the couple went to their bedroom to change and return to have dinner with Carrie who was waiting for them.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Guess who came back with a bang? Lol.

I have returned with this beloved story, Also yasss to Faith slapping ole king Joel into his place! Don't worry he won't be back after this (hopefully). Comments are loved enjoy!