- Text Size +



It was one week before the trip to South Africa for our young couple, Faith tired of seeing Phoebe pout sadly that she was going away without her, asked her to come along and Phoebe eagerly said yes because why not? She didn't have to pay and she hasn't been on holiday in years.

It was a warm afternoon Tuesday where as the young couple were sitting on the floor sitting an inch part cross legged and drinking separate glasses of chilled orange juice.

"Liberian Queen I told Jim I was going to find him a wife but he didn't take me serious at the time" Michael told her pouting after dropping his glass next to his side.

"Oh? When did this happen?" Faith inquired intrigued by his words.

"It was around Eh the time when Kenia was around" he said annoyed and shook his head to clear his mind of his useless and ungrateful cousin.

"What did you say that led him to be off women?" Faith sighing knowing this was going to be a long story.

"Well.." Prince Michael said and told her the whole story.

"Geez no wonder the fella doesn't want to have a woman with the crazy antics you inflicted on him" Faith responded sarcastic.

Prince Michael pouted childishly and sulked making Faith roll her eyes at his behaviour.

"Don't pout tiger...let's just think of women we know could be a good choice of girlfriend to Jim"

They both sat in silence lost in their thoughts writing off any women that weren't suitable for Jim.

"How about Phoebe?" Faith suggested to him.

"Phoebe? She could be a perfect match but I don't know much about her and I don't want to put Jim thought what I did years ago my heart can't take another silent pain" Prince Michael said sadly.

"Silent treatment Tiger" she corrected.

"Well you've spoken to her on a number of occasions overall Phoebe is a lovely friend, I've known her since secondary school" Faith explaoned.

"I'll take your judgement my Queen..let's plan shall we?" Prince Michael said and rubbing his large hands eagerly and clearly spotting a evil look on his chiselled face.

Faith equally spotting an evil look as well on her pretty features, on any other day she wouldn't go near her boyfriend's crazy antics but this was for hooking up her single friends.

The mission in motion for the next several days was planned to happen on a Friday early afternoon.

Prince Michael had planned for him and Jim to have lunch at home to discuss the cracks in their security procedures.

Jim blind to the fact it was a set up walked into the living room to see Phoebe sitting down watching a program on the tv.

But he was suddenly pushed further into the room alerting Phoebe to his presence and they both heard the click of the door being locked.

Now Jim being furious was an understatement he was ready to kill Prince Michael this time for the second time in a row he was tricked by his majesty.

"I see you were tricked by Faith to come here..what was her excuse?" He asked patiently to Phoebe.

Phoebe rolled her eyes and sighed softly "she told me to meet her here to go for a girl nights out...as you can see we aren't doing so since she started being friends with his highness she's been distant"

"Well I'm sorry to hear that...perhaps you can talk to her?" Jim suggested weakly having little experience on comforting a woman.

"Like I haven't tried that..." Phoebe replied irked.

"I knew I should have put my foot down when his majesty suggested this so called meeting..at least you're not a hoover for a mouth" Jim said while rubbing his nose irritated.


"Oh? What could have led to such a story?" Phoebe questioned sympathetic and patted the space next to her.

Jim reluctant sat down a seat from her and began his story while Phoebe listened and gave her points here and there.

While that was happening Faith and Michael had been quietly listening to their talk behind the door.

Faith hearing how Phoebe's bottled up emotions felt guilty since Michael had come into her life admittedly she kept her away from the drama because Phoebe didn't need any of it in her life.

"She's right" Faith mumbled gloomily.

Michael noticing the change in character in his Queen's attitude pulled her away from the door and they quietly went up the stairs to his bedroom.

Walking into his room Michael sat on the bed and pulling Faith by her hands to stand in front of him.

"My queen what's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"Phoebe is right since I've meet you Tiger we haven't really talked or hung out just being the two of us" Faith responded sorrowfully.

"Don't be sad my queen, If Phoebe knew what was going on around us she'd understand" Michael crooned soothingly.

"I just don't want to involve her in the drama that has happened over time..." Faith said pressing her lips together.

"Well when your ready to tell her My Liberian Queen I'm on your side" Michael replied determined.

"Yeah your right Tiger" Faith feeling better, bent down to sit down on his lap.

Michael wrapped his arms around her and smirked and sweetly kissed her slowly.

While they were both occupied kissing for several minutes, a thought came to Faith's mind and she pulled away from his lips and expressed the thought outloud.

"Shouldn't we check on them Tiger" Faith said slightly panicking.

But Michael's mind was focused on kissing his Queen and pulling her chin close to his and French kissing her to the point that Faith forget about them and refocused on his lovely lips.

-PhoebeJim:

"I have a feeling we are going to be here all night, might as well get comfortable" Phoebe suggested irked at the thought of not sleeping on her comfy bed.

"You can sleep on the coach, I'll sleep on the floor I've slept on worse" Jim said kindly unknowingly referring back to his childhood days sleeping on the cold and hard floor.

"Are you sure....?" Phoebe asked uncertain.

"Yes don't worry I'll be fine" Jim said giving her a small smile and removed his blazer to create a makeshift pillow to rest his head.

Now the both of them laid down properly continued talking till they slept off and woke up to the sound of the door opening.

They both yawned and stretched their aching bodies to glare into the eyes of sheepish Prince Michael and a guilty faced Faith.

"You both forget us...your majesty you did the same trick you did years before is getting old..I won't tolerate it" Jim scolded to Prince Michael.

Jim stood up picking his wrinkled blazer and gave a quick farewell to Phoebe before going to the bodyguard floor to have a shower and get something to eat whilst ignoring Michael's presence beside him.

Now only Phoebe and Faith were left in the room, Faith bravely sat down next to her hoping she wouldn't be too mad at her.

Phoebe bringing one hand to Faiths forehead and flicked it painfully.

"Ow!" Faith exclaimed rubbing her forehead and glaring at Phoebe for the assault.

"You deserve it Faith, locking me in a room with Prince Michael's bodyguard all night! What were you thinking?!" Phoebe stated clearly upset.

"That wasn't in the plan..I'm sorry Phoebe" Faith apologized pining her brown eyes on Phoebe praying inwardly she'd forgive her.

Phoebe groaned at Faith's expression and undoubtedly she couldn't stay mad at her friend.

"Ok your forgiven...but I want a new tube of Hagen daz cookie and cream ice-cream"

"No problem..now how was your night with Jim? I know you enjoyed talking to him because if I knew Jim pretty well, he could used the pin in his hair to open the door but he didnt...I want to hear everything" Faith hinted smugly.

Phoebe blushing shamelessly and giggling nervously began to talk about their conversation and they sat there for awhile catching up till the rumbling in their bellies could not be ignored and went to the kitchen get some breakfast.

Chapter End Notes:

Oh is that romance I smell in the air? Nope it's Michael's match maker plans that got him and Faith in trouble 😂...Enjoy!