- Text Size +


Mj’s Pov:

We were driving in the car returning from our trip to the St. Mary’s Hospital to visit the sick children.
The sky coloured a bright blue indicating it was early afternoon.

I covered my mouth from the yawn that was about to tumble from my mouth, earning a chuckle from Jim who sat near in the car folding his broad arms together. “Your highness you must be tired, when we get back to the hotel you can take the pills subscribed and have a nap”

I nodded sleepily at the suggestion since my Queen had offered her advice that day I had a serious talk with father in the evening on the phone, explaining what ‘Insomnia’ was to him and what it entitled. After an hour arguing and butting heads like buffalos we finally came to an agreement over my health.

“Before we go back to the hotel Jim we must go to my Queen’s home I need to talk to my future cousin in law”

Jim rose his eyebrows sceptical “oh Miss. Lavender? What for your majesty?” his hinted his dislike for Lavender that I agreed on.

Rubbing my sleepy eyes I spat irritated “that girl touched my future Queen and hurt her, no one does that while I’m around, now I want to have a small nap wake me up when we arrive there”

Jim replied, “Yes your majesty” and I closed my eyes to try and let deprived body catch some sleep.

An Hour Later ….

“Your Majesty we have arrived at Faith’s home” he shook my shoulders gently to awaken me from my slumber.

I stretched out my arms and legs feeling a little less sleep deprived with that short nap. I tided myself up and one of my bodyguards opened the door for me and I climbed out of car walking up to the house to knock on the door softly.

The door was opened quietly and I stared into the similar blue eyes of Faith’s mother who smiled happily when she saw me. She asked thoughtfully “what an unexpected surprise your highness, already finished my containers or you came back for me?” she teased at the end.

I giggled at her words and replied grinning “oh the food hasn’t finished Miss Carry don’t worry it should fill us for days!, But I am not here for that reason I was hoping to talk to Lavender for a moment is that alright?”

Her facial expression turned confused at the request but she stepped aside for I and my bodyguards to come in.

She called up the stairs for Lavender to come down saying she had a guest and we heard her run down the stairs, stopping in front of me breathless as she smiled angelically towards me.

Carry went off somewhere into the house letting I and Lavender talk, she started it off saying flirtatiously “I didn’t expect to see you for some time Prince Michael, did you miss me that much?”

I sighed at her foolish attempt at flirting, because I wanted to make this visit short and simple so I could go back to the hotel and sleep away the rest of the day then see my lovely queen tomorrow.

“I am not here for that particular reason Miss Lavender, I am here to talk to you about what you did to Faith”

She twirled her blonde hair in one hand, while she lied innocently “what could have I possible done to Faithl--- I mean Faith your highness? Must be one of her silly stories”

I knew this girl was lying with all the artificial sweetness she was pretending to push on me but I could see though it in her body language. I clenched my teeth and took a deep breath to push the anger burning I had towards her while I chanted Father’s wise words over and over again in my mind.
Never let your anger blind you son, it could be your downfall on any problems you might face as the next ruler of our home, Remember that.

I stated calmly “oh how can Faith come to class covering her face with a scarf and also how does that explain the mark she had on her face that had a hand imprint that resembled your hand Lavender? Explain that to me”

She turned a pale lighter than her natural skin tone knowing I had caught her out, She nervously tucked a hair behind her ear, as I watched her with heated eyes.

She began to whine like a child “fine I did it! But what does Faith have that I can’t give you your highness?” and suddenly she strutted forward swaying her slim hips and touched my chest lightly speaking seductively “I can make all your dreams come true your highness”

“Step back ma’am no one touches his royal highness” said by Jim who slapped her hand away from my chest roughly, while she flinched at his assault on her and she stepped back.

I picked off any dust on my top and looked up to glare at her, “I do not tolerate the foolish flirting you have been doing Miss Lavender and I rather you stop now for your own sake and one more thing if I ever see any other type of mark on Faith you will pay dearly do you understand me?” I threatened infuriated and with that I decided to finish this conversation and go to my warm bed in the hotel.

She shouted hysterical “I won’t give up your highness!” as I walked out the door before going I turned around and said, “you didn’t hear a word of what I said? You are delusional remember my words”

One of the bodyguards opened the door and before we left Carry suddenly appeared holding a pale blue box in her hands, as she beamed “I couldn’t resist not giving you and your bodyguards some cupcakes as snacks, I hope you all don’t mind”

We all chuckled giving our thanks to her generosity and one of my bodyguards named Joey gently took the boxed cupcakes from her hand and we all walked out the door to the car.

As I bent down to seat in the car, I heard the overzealous shout from the door and turning my head to see Lavender waving and winking “Come back again Prince Michael I’ll be waiting for you” she purred coyly.

I could feel the bile arise in my throat as I finally sat down and ordered my driver to start the car immediately.

I grabbed a bottle of cold water and jugged down the cooling drink to reduce the urge to throw up.

Jim smirking “oh your highness you have such an eager woman to be your Queen why not have her instead?” even with his dislike for Lavender he still had time to tease me about it.

I felt sick at thought of having Lavender as the queen of South Africa.

‘Her? Being the queen of South Africa? We would be bankrupt in a month” I thought out loud unintentionally.

Jim hearing my thoughts laughed out loud and I joined him as we journeyed back to the hotel chatting along.

Chapter End Notes:

Oooh mj went and defended his girl...but it didn't work to batter off 'she witch I mean Lavender 😒...I hope you enjoyed the chapter can't wait to hear what you think 😜