- Text Size +


Mj pov:


It's been two days since my Amber said yes to our escape plan and we have been planning it together and it has been great but I haven't seen Marlon at all, he's never home and when I do finally try to catch him he's already gone.

It was now the weekend and I had seen Marlon at home in the living room, I made my way to the living room and I eagerly hollered to him entering the room "she said yes bro!"

"Who said yes boy?" A familiar voice answered in response and my smile was immeadlity wiped off my face looking into the emotionless hazel eyes of Joseph.

I mumbled "nothing" and Joseph not liking my response commanded "speak up boy I can't hear you!"

I repeated the same line clearer and louder to his satisfy him, and Marlon who had been watching at the corner of his eye kept quiet and continued to watch the TV.

I went to sit next to him and there was a silent elephant in the room, neither of us spoke letting the sound of the TV be the only sound in the room.

Joseph suddenly spoke up "well look at that fool on the TV chasing after a woman he needs to show who's boss "

Marlon and I didn't even speak knowing he was trying to strike a conversation and he obviously was trying to push my buttons.

This went on for several moments till my temper was at breaking point but Marlon stood up and said rudely "Joseph we know who you're talking about! Stop it for goodness sake!"

My mouth was hanging low in shock and fear knowing Joseph wouldn't tolerate any of his children chatting back at at him and especially telling him what to do.

The only hit of anger in his eyes were the slight darkening in his light hazel eyes and he stood up three feet taller or more over Marlon's average height.

I watched in fear knowing what was about to happen, they both stood there for several seconds staring at each other until Joseph sucker punched Marlon in the stomach and he crumbled to the ground in front of him.

Joseph hissing at Marlon on the floor said "you don't have any authority son to order me around..try that again and you will get more than that understood?" He kicked Marlon again with the heel of his foot for emphasis and Marlon only groaned in response.

He turned to face me and said in a sickly sweet tone "boy I'm surprised you didn't come charging in to defend your slut...your smarter than I realised..now I heard from my very faithful friends that you were going to graduate early isn't that right?"

I knew he'd would find out the graduation but if he were to find out about my plan Amber and I would never make it out alive.

Choosing my words carefully I replied "yes your right Joseph..why?"

He smirked slyly "isn't it obvious boy, your status and upkeep for the mafia will began a little early"

I felt sick to my stomach at the thought and I made that clear when I refused once again at joining the mafia.

The smirk on his face dropped to a deadly glare and he said emotionless "your refusals are beginning to tick me off boy, your last lesson didn't teach you anything ? This slut of yours is clouding your mind..I think it's time I pay her and her mother a visit perhaps send them both to the hospital over an accident"

I stood up from my chair and exclaimed furiously "you can't do that Joseph I won't let you!"

"Oh my boy you can try but it won't work , watch me" he replied darkly, his expression clouded expressionless.

I hung my head in defeat, now I knew more than ever it was time to leave and we had to do it fast.

Joseph patting my shoulder and forgetting the conversation that just taken place and told me to pick up Marlon and take him to his room.

Obeying him I helped Marlon up and we went to my room and discussed further plans especially about the horses.

Chapter End Notes:

Ooooh Joseph got pissed...was it a stupid move for Marlon to have stepped up?...or was it a smart move? You decide..!

 

Two chapters left till the Sequel 😙