- Text Size +

Ch.3:

 

Michael and I had been friends for a good couple of months from our summer holidays to meeting in class and being friends.

I always found it weird he never invited me to his house; every time I asked him he would make excuses and more excuses. It was getting way too fishy for my liking.

 

The next day I decided to investigate this matter. Stomping up to his door, I knocked on the door a few times gently. Stepping away from the door when I heard the stomping of running feet towards the door.

 

The door opened slowly and in front of me stood a little girl with the same big eyes as Michael, she looked up at me and asked in a childish soft voice “who are you?” I replied smiling sweetly at her bending down to her height “Hi, my name’s Amber, I’m Michael’s friend!”

 

She smiled just as sweetly “hello amber! I’m Janet, Michael’s little sister” We spoke for a few minutes more talking about toys and her favourite cartoons. Eventually she asked, “wanna come in and play dollies with me?” she said the last line hopefully.

 

Nodding my head excited to finally get a chance to enter into his home, as she stepped away from the door to make room for me to enter into the home, suddenly a pair of long thin arms gently brought his arm around her shoulder, using his other hand to close the door.

 

I heard faint mumbling of a conversation behind the door. There was a pause then the door opened again to reveal a very angry looking Michael who walked down the steps and stepped right in front of me.

 

Ah crap, Michael’s angry with me, maybe this wasn’t the right time to try and be nosy.

 

Looking into his angered expression his mouth in a thin line. The tension between us was thick and heavy. I decided to try and talk maybe if I could calm him down which was unlikely.

 

Nervously biting my bottom lip, and taking a deep breathe. “Uh hey Michael­---“

Michael interrupted rudely his voice laced in anger “Why did you come here?”

 

“I just wanted to come and see you Michael, you never tell me about your family or your home!” I said sadly.

 

Michael’s arms tightened; once again rudely he said “It’s my business if I wanna tell you Amber about my family”

 

Feeling the sting of hurt from his rude words, I narrowed my eyes at him, I was getting angry myself and pointed a finger at him “We are best friends, we are meant to tell each other everything Michael, Friends do that for each other”.

 

In response Michael harshly “Best friends aren’t nosey, snooping in a friend’s life”

 

Narrowing my eyes and dropping my accusing finger , “Best friends also go to each other houses and have fun together”

 

Rolling his eyes in mock agreement, Michael finally snapped the volume of his almost going up a pitch higher “You still don’t get it Amber, if I can’t tell what you want to know because it is still none of your business and you should have never been nosey in the first place!”

 

Stepping one foot away from him, I felt the pool of tears start to fall down my cheeks.

 

Snapping at him “Fine! I’m sorry I was so nosey, if it means you can’t tell me what’s going on then, we can’t be friends”.  Rubbing my eyes with my hand to try and stop the flow of tears.

 

 Michael’s expression didn’t change, he snapped back “Fine by me”.

 

Turning away from him, I stomped away, and the sound of the door slammed behind me.

 

I walked all the way home, my heart hurt by Michael’s words.

 

Kicking the door open, Mama rushed out of the kitchen holding a cleaning cloth. As she was about to scold me, she saw my sadden expression.

 

Dropping the cleaning cloth on the wooden dinning table. Mama walked up to me, taking my hand, she led me to the coach. Mother asked softly “Sweetie, what’s wrong? Is it Michael, did anything happen between the two of you?”.

 

Instead of answering her, I began to tell her the story from my point of view.

 

Mama brought me into a soothing hug, “Sweetheart, you need to apologize properly to Michael, because what you did hurt him, do you understand me?”

 

Nodding my head, a pout expressed on my face “I understand mama”

 

Mama gave me one last squeeze and let me go, hoping this awful day would end, I walked up the stairs to my bedroom and walking to my bed, falling asleep.

Chapter End Notes:

oh my...eh my bad?..wasn't expecting that were you? hoho!~

tell me what you think <3