- Text Size +

 

Three weeks later~

 

Mj’s Pov:

 

I sighed for the fourth time today, I was miserable without Amber. A week without her was too fine but three weeks was too much to handle, not having her near me was devastating even with Chris keeping my spirits up I couldn’t take it.

 

Today we were both at the library trying to do our group project together but that was not working.

 

I sighed again and Chris who was reading his book on our chosen topic dropped the book down irritated and said clearly agitated “Mike, if you sigh one more time, I will whoop your ass man damn that is getting on my nerves!”

 

I folded my arms on the table and resting my head, looking up at Chris who was clearly annoyed with me. I pouted sadly and said sorrowfully “Chris I’m sorry I can’t get her out of my mind, I miss her too damn much”

 

Chris still annoyed shouted loudly not caring where we were said “Then don’t you go to talk to her man? and stop giving yourself this flipping misery”

 

I shushed him quickly I didn’t want us to get kicked out of the library before we even finished our work.

 

I responded bitterly “why bother Chris? She’s already hanging out with my brother and she clearly doesn’t care for me at all”

 

Chris slapped his hand down his face, breathed deeply and then said a little more calmly “well if you ain’t going to say anything brother then I will have to confront this chick myself” with that been said Chris got up noisily throwing his book clumsily into his bag and walking out of the library.

 

When I heard that I packed my things and went after him, I hissed quietly as I walked beside him “what you mean your going to confront her Chris? Don’t ya dare do it, this is between me and her Chris don’t get involved!”

 

Eventually we walked out of the library, Chris suddenly stopped, spun around facing me a look of anger present on his dark skinned face. I stepped back seeing his angered expression.

 

Chris’s eyes narrowed and he bellowed in anger “Are you kidding me man?!? This chick kicked you out of her house!, have you forgotten she didn’t even let you explain, No mike this damn argument has gone on too long and I can’t take it seeing you miserable all because of one damn bitch! I am getting involved brother and you can’t stop me” he glared at me and walked away not even talking.

 

I was speechless by Chris’s speech… I didn’t know he was that annoyed about it at all, It touched me after all these years he still cared but I was more worried about what he was going to say to Amber. I had a feeling this confrontation would not go down well I may still feel bitter and annoyed with her but I didn’t want him to get into it he doesn’t know the real reason why! I thought to myself sadly.

 

I ran after him hoping to catch up with him but stuck in my thoughts I hadn’t seen which corner he had walked into. So taking a leap of faith I walked down the left corner hoping to see him.

 

 

Amber’s pov:

 

It was around after two ‘clock in the afternoon; I was putting back my books and swapping them for my books for the next classes.

Slamming my locker shut, I was surprised to see Michael’s new friend in front of me, his arms crossed.

 

He opened his mouth and said sarcastically “well you must be the Bitch Michael has been talking about all this time, you ain’t much of a looker are ya?”

 

I recoiled from him in shock holding my books tightly to my chest and I uttered angered “Excuse me?! What gives you the right to call me that!—“ before I even got a chance to talk further he spoke in a low and irritated voice “I don’t care if I have no darn authority bitch!, for once in that thick skull of yours think for someone other than yourself!, don’t you see what you are doing to Michael at all?”

 

I glared at him and snapped in annoyance at this idiot to think I was jealous of this fool? “ok, whoever the hell you are!, you have no damn right to interfere in my business with Michael!”

 

He pushed himself off the locker he was previously resting on and slammed his arm against and looking like he was fighting the urge to slap me.I could hear the mumbling of onlookers around us as they watched us.

 

“Bitch, I am getting myself involved whether you like it or not!” then he sighed and took in slow breath then began to talk in a voice filled with sadness “even though I have only been here for awhile reuniting with Michael after so many years, I can see his hurting over his betrayal with you and you didn’t even give the brother a chance to explain, don’t you have any feelings in your heart? Think about it”

 

After his speech he walked away, the crowd spreading like the red sea.

When he left, I clutched my books tightly in my hands and walked to class.

 

After my encounter with Michael’s new friend, I couldn’t concrete in my classes at all with my mind replaying back to the argument over and over again.

 

I realised I hadn’t let him explain why he was involved in the mafia, I felt foolish and stupid for not letting him have the time to talk also kicking him out and letting my quick temper get the best of me. I sighed snapping out of my thoughts when the bell rang.

 

It was time to go home, taking time to walk out of the school building until I saw a huge afro a few feet away from the school standing waiting for the bus.

I took a deep breath in and summoned the courage to talk to him. Walking up to him and saying his name softly “Michael”

 

Michael’s body stiffed and he slowly turned around, his eyes filled with anger and pain. I stepped back at his imitating posture towards me, I knew I had not given him a chance to explain but this was not like Michael to be so hostile towards me. I mused worriedly to myself.

 

Michael instead took a step closer and I stepped back until my back was against the brick wall. He spat in a low voice filled with fury “What do you want Amber?”

 

I straightened my posture and said apologetically “Michael, I want to apologize for my behaviour that day we argued and would you please explain more about your family?”

 

Michael replied coldly “No” I gasped and questioned “No? why?”

Then Michael drawing even closer towards me, my back digging into the cold brick wall as his big brown eyes pinned on me and he said coldly “since the time I have known you Amber you have never let me explain myself once, I am not going to bother this time” he swiftly moved away from me and walked away until he stopped turning around and giving me a look of bitterness expressed on his face, he said furiously “also I don’t need your apology Amber, you can take it somewhere else I don’t care” with that being said he walked away from me.

I felt my heart fill with guilt and I walked away defeated walking back to the bus stop and going home.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

ooh chris got involved! I am not surpised lol and yikes michael rejected her apology..Do you think amber's apology was sincere or not?