- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

God made my mold different from the rest, then He broke that mold, so I know I'm blessed. -Aloe Blacc

I really applaud Sesame Workshop right now.  In case you have not heard on the news or read on the Internet, Sesame Street is going to introduce a brand new character. But, there's a unique thing about the character. She has Autism. Her name is Julia.  She was introduced in a storybook.  I saw the Elmo and Abby were her first friends she made. This is supposed to show that everyone is amazing and unique in their own way.  There is a video out there too that shows everyone is unique. Kids with Autism are more than likely to be bullied. Because of the new character, people are being educated about Autism and what it is.  This is a very big breakthrough and a blessing for kids with it and parents.

Here's my personal connection to it: I have a 10 year old sister, Brooke. She was diagnosed with Autism when she was 3. She is somewhat verbal and she is very smart.  She does go to school. Brooke is in the 4th grade. She is in an AU classroom at a mainstream school.  I really love her teachers and the people that work with her. She can read, write,and count.  She loves Jesus, Mario Brothers, Dale Jr, Spongebob, Carrie Underwood, the Dallas Cowboys, Frozen, playing video games, pizza rolls and a lot of other stuff. She loves a few of Michael's songs.  She sings 'Bad' and 'Beat It'.  She loves playing in the dirt too. Brooke is just a little Tomboy, but she loves her dolls.  She can tell you what she wants or needs.  As her older sister, it's my job to protect her and stop the haters from bullying her.  And my 15 year old sister would beat the bullies up too.  She has an iPad with apps to help her learn better. 

Tell me what you think about Juila and if you have anyone you know with Autism.

Chapter End Notes:

I'm beautiful in my way cause God makes no mistakes, I'm on the right track baby I was born this way. -Lady Gaga