- Text Size +

Chapter 9 (Santa Barbara California, Neverland Ranch, March 1993) the same day on the nighttime part4

Jewel pov

"I cannot believe that Mrs. Chandler have asked you a favor to look after his son" John said suspiciously. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose annoyingly.

"I know Jo, that's the same thing what uncle just told me a few seconds ago but right now, Wayne need to check Jordan up in the morning, if there's a record machine, just in case for Michael's safety, you all do know how wise Evan is" I said sarcastically.

"True enough of what you've said J but you know me, I won't trust jordie that fast....since we all knew what Evan's true intention, we just need to keep an eye on him" Adeline said softly. We all nodded in agreement then the whole room fell into silence thinking deeply to their thoughts, Michael was caressing Catrina's brown locks softy, who is sleeping peacefully on his daddies lap until he cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.

"Correction of what you guys said....but I recommend something that we need to ask Jordie what is his true intention too because we all know that kids are innocent but when their own parents ask him/her  a favor....you all know the answer....."Michael said in a low tone.

"Mike is right, you guys, we just need to ask this young boy a question then we can worry something else" Wayne said calmly.

"Yeah........let's do this tomorrow afternoon, when Jordan is awake and you Jewel has to be there because this boy trust you enough for him to open up so easily" Bill said in a serious tone. I sighed and stand up from the couch....i guess I am really have to do this then.

"Fine...let's do this tomorrow afternoon, Adeline you will stay here tonight because tomorrow we both have to return at the company for the meeting in 3'clock right?" I said.

"Yes......also Michael has the same meeting, I forgot to tell you that, sorry and his assistant Jane is coming over here since you both has the same meeting" Adeline looked apologetic at both Michael and I. Michael sighed in annoyed and give me a look Please-cancel-that-damn-meeting-for-once, I giggle and shook my head no, he gave me an annoyed look then stick his tong out at me which I gladly return his action.


Everyone laugh at Michael and I childish behavior even baby Catrina giggle at us unexpected which everyone turned their attention to her especially Michael, who has a beautiful smile had formed to his handsome face, I smiled proudly to our daughter and I caressed her cheek softly.

Later on......Michael's private chef make his appearance in the living room and informed us that dinner was ready which we all stood up and go to the dining room to eat, Laura already has Catrina with her, feeding our baby whose enjoying eating her baby food. Dinner was great but there's something bothering me......I can't put my finger on it yet........until Michael grabbed my hands under the table and start caressing my knuckles softly to comfort me, he knew something is wrong.

I looked at him confusedly at first but the way he look at me in return with those big doe brown eyes is telling me we-will-talk-later-what-is-bothering-you, I just nodded in response then look away.

The dinner were great but everyone didn't say long, they have announced that they should go home especially my uncle, who already say his goodbye to Catrina, Michael, John and I, before he leave, he gave me a document that Michael and I needed to talk about which I just nodded in understanding, as for the Wayne, Bill, Laura and Jo, they politely say their goodnights to Michael, Catrina and I then they were gone.

The house were quiet on the night, when it's Michael and I are only ones in the house along with our baby, we both walk upstairs and go to Michael's master bedroom to  lay Cartina on his crib carefully, he kissed her forehead softly then he turned his full attention on me.

"Now my beautiful Jewel, i have to tell you something about that kiss" Michael said shyly.

"There's no need to be shy Mike, I know there's a meaning about that kiss but I won't reject nor regret it of what just happened between us a few hours ago, always remember Mike, we've been sleeping together on the same bed for 6 years without everyone knowing except for Jo although he always keeps telling me that you've feelings for me so tell me now MICHAELJOSEPH JACKSON, what is that kiss mean even showing me, your true self.....my real Michael Jackson not the king of pop Michael Jackson" I said with my accent, he sighed and look straight to my eyes which it captured me with his charming spell.....damn it....not again.

"That kiss means that I've been in love with you ever since I met you on the late 1987 Jewel, I may be 35 and you are 29 but you gave me a chance to live happily like now, your uncle adopt a daughter for both of us without our permission but I was glad he did, I wanted to be a father so badly J and get married with the woman I truly loved to have a family together so it seems....it can happened but-"Michael stop to his midsentence, I guess he knew that I know his faith........what could happened to him next.

"You still remember that I told you that night....that you could get married to Lisa-Marie Presley soon to save your image right?" I said in a low voice, he sighed and nodded.

"Yes, I still remember but I don't want her Jewel, I may have met her in person somewhere on my past....... And that do-"I cut him off there because he was whining like a child.

"Look Mike, I really do hate that I will see you get married to the princess of rock soon because you will meet her once again....and to be honest I also have been in love with you that day but I couldn't interfere of your destiny-"Michael also cut me off, when he stare at me with the most angrily expression, I ever seen.

"I don't give a shit about what bad or good can happen to me.....to my OWN future, what is more important to me is you! JEWEL, I LOVE YOU GIRL! What Lawrence told you more before you appeared at my backyard?" He said frustrated which it cost me to flinch in response.

"H-he said that I need to change your past of what bad things had happened to you, what have gone through your whole life because you didn't deserve it, you don't deserve to be like this plus I've already known that you are taking those painkillers which you've been depending on it....!! You could get addicted and go to rehab but it didn't help at all, That's the fucking cost that you will be pronounced dead this 15 years later, when the whole world grieve for you because you aren't alive anymore!" I said frustrated. I look down and couldn't look at him on the eye, a single tear fell to my cheeks and I turn my back on him which I heard Michael gasp, shit....!! It slipped from my mouth not fucking good, wrong move JEWEL, a couple of minutes later, Michael grabbed my shoulder tightly and turned me around for him to look at me in the eye.

At first he didn't say anything, he didn't let me see through his eyes of what kind of emotion he felt, all I can see was blank............great he will hate me now, when unexpectedly he wrapped both of his strong arms around me then he whispered to me something that I couldn't even believe it" Jewel.....i knew that since Lawrence appeared in front of me unexpected, at first I couldn't believe it, I screamed on his face but in the end, he let me see the my future even I have seen you watching the news, crying for me especially our children............since that day, I stop taking the pills because of you..........you are the only person....who can save me from myself.....you may change my future but please do it Jewel, promise me always be there for me and don't leave me" He said hoarsely. I return his embraced and caressed his curly hair softly.

"You are not alone Michael,  me along with your daughter won't leave his daddy.....always remember this....how hard you went through, I always be there for you" I said softly which he stand back a little away from me and looked at me carefully, he was checking if I was telling him the truth which I am until in the end he gave me his most real beautiful smile I ever seen....not the fake one.


That night, Michael and I fell asleep on each other arms peacefully although we just confessed each other of what we truly felt, I guess we are together now....maybe I just need to wait for Michael to ask me then...............................