- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Alright! Next chapter, here we go.

(Maybe if I get into it enough, you'll see a banner in the near future! XD)

 

As I walked down stairs, I saw on Fuse one woman was shaking her ass up and down in a grotesque manner. Wearing almost nothing and her hair was draped down to her back. I rolled my eyes. "Probably implants." I snarked as I dusted my arm off.

Then I quickly ran to the kitchen, seeing how I was really shy and all. I couldn't bare to see my family in the room. But I knew my mama would call me out in a few minutes, so I might as well start taking all the meats, and jellies out. "Melanie! Come on out!" I shook my head frantically, not wanting to come out just yet.

My eyes traveled down to the turkey pan, glistening brown and red in it's glory. I poured the orange glaze on it, giving it a sweet and savory taste to it. Then I went to the oven and took the cresents and cinnamon rolls out. I know what your thinking, "Wow, the Matthews are obivously on the sweet side." Well, you'd be correct. But we're also savory. Stuffing bacon into the rolls and cresents is "how we do" in this family.

Then, My mother was singing, she was singing the way she used to when I was in her arms as a little baby.

"Put your arms around me child,

Like when you bumped your shin

Then you'll know, If I love you now,

I'll love you like I did then,

Though you may be trying sometimes,

And I'll need you, but your not there,

You know I may get mad and turn away

But do know, I'll still care."

My aunts and uncles then replied back with:"Don't lose the feeling we always had."

"Though your growing old now,

And I'm watching you grow,

I know I make you sad sometimes,

And I make your feelings show..

And one day, I'll look around

And you'll be grown.."

She put her hand underneath my chin as I sat down. "Mom..." I groaned as she did so."This is not high school-"

"All out in the world,

Such a pretty girl,

But you'll be on your own!

And I'd like to know it's there

The feeling, that we have..

Don't lose the feeling, we always had,

Don't lose the feeling, we always had."

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a bacon stuffed roll. Still better than most autotuned junk.

"Oh! Bless all Matthews!" Mama hollered.

"HURRAH! HURRAH!" They joined in. I shook my head. "So! What are we all thankful for?"

"I'm thankful for mommy and daddy birthing me." Fifi said smiling her dimplecheeked smile. They all "awwed", so did I. "I'm thankful for the first Matthew, James Matthew for making children that spawned out into this!" Randy said, making all of the family nod in agreement.

"I'm thankful that we're all together right here, right now." Uncle Danny said. "Hey, wait a minute! Melanie, what are YOU thankful for?" Mandy asked me with a bright eyed look in her eyes.

"To be honest, I'm not thankful for anything."

Whoops! Should of never said that..Gasp! Egad! Why would you say that's is all I heard next.

"Why?"

"Why?!?! The real question should be, why should I be thankful for anything? I mean, the kids are getting influnced by a woman who can't rap to save her life, the adults are becoming push overs to their children who have become sailor mouths, Smoke weed everyday is U.S today's motto, so is "twerk that badonkadonk" or "Suck my d*ck, bitch." and "Barbie dolls rule! Slightly curvy thick girls suck balls!", And human intelligence has gone down hill real fast, bro." I was fuming, I didn't even stop the train of thought for someone to interupt me.

"How, you may ask? Well, we aren't original anymore, we steal other peoples ideas, We have access to all the energy resources yet we kill ourselves over oil, all that's on our mind is "Sex,money,sex,drugs,sex". We don't care about anyone but ourselves. We might as well give all of our buildings to chimpanzees." They gasped. My mom just shook her head or "SMH'd" me.

"The 70s, 80s, and 90s were WAY better." I cut my turkey and shoveled it in my mouth. Then got up and walked away.

"You don't mean that." Mama said. I nodded. "I do." I slammed the kitchen doors and leaned against it, slowly sliding down and putting my head down. Sobbing softly.

For a long time, I sat there and cried. Cried because I felt like what I said was true. Then the door slightly opened and my niece Emily stood there. She was a little saddened a bit. "Are you okay, Aunt Mel?" She sat next to me.

"I'm fine, Emily. You keep eating." I said choked up. Emily tugged on my arm and pleaded for me to tell her. I shook my head. "I'm fine, baby." I kissed the top of her head and went back to looking outward.

"Are you sad, Mel?" She asked. Then I finally gave in. "Very." She snuggled me. "I have a present for you!" Emily beamed. My eyes widened, What is it? I wondered.

"What is it, Emily darling?" She smiled. "Guess."

"Is it, Nicki Minaj's unoriginal single?"

"Nope."

"Michael Jackson's greatest hits in the history of mankind?"

"You could say that..."

"Spongebob Squarepants season 9?"

"Definately not!"

Emily finally reached into her bag and took it out. The special edition disc of The Wiz. Oh my.

"You didn't need to get me this.."

"Yes I did, You've always wanted this. And it's the special edition. It's super duper good!" She gave me the plastic bag with the disc. I took it. "Thank you, Emily, your a minch." I kissed her cheek.

"Just watch it before the power goes out!" Then she ran off. "What does that mean, emily?"

But she was gone, which left me to walk to living room. I smiled down at the happy faces of MJ, DR, TR, NR. I couldn't wait.

Chapter End Notes:

Next part 3 is the last part of "The Storm Approachth"