- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Based off of 'Smooth Criminal', From Moonwalker and the Bad album.

 

 

Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy!

1988, Club 30

"Look! There's Michael!" I heard a voice say as I got off my motorcycle, wearing my white helmet in my white suit.

"Why are you kids here?" I asked them, from a far away distance. They didn't answer me, and they just turned around and ducked. Like I didn't see them.

I walked to the opening doors of the Club 30. The winds blew back and into my face, blinding my eyes with the light.

"Okay! Okay! That's ENOUGH! Been here, Did that!" The winds stopped as I closed myself in.

They all looked up at me, Ah nostalgia.

"I'm not taking out a coin. I have a pressing matter to attend to right now. Remember how I said, "Annie are you okay? Annie are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?"

The lady in green and yellow holding a fan nodded. "Yes but-"

"QUIET!" I yelled.

They all jumped back. I looked them in the eyes once more. "Good..." I said. Taking out my gun, and removing my helmet.

"Now listen, I wasn't just singing a song there. A real murder had happened in this area a couple of nights before I came in here. A woman by the name of Annie Wilkes was murdered by a Smooth Criminal. And I intend to find out who it was. "

"But didn't you say Annie was just a CPR dummy?"

"I..." I walked up to the man, where he was sitting at, and slammed my hand down on the table."LIED! Lied yes I did, Lied, Yes I did!"

"Annie is a real person?" A woman in red asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Annie is a real person."

"I think I know of a Annie." A man spoke up.

I ran up to him.

"How did it happen?"

The crowd behind me rose on their tippy toes as I did. Leaning in to hear what he had to say.

"Annie Oakley, Of course." We all facepalmed and groaned. I meant a dame, not a shooter.

But that could be a clue....

"Look, Annie Wilkes is a real person. She used to live at 4533 Placefield Court."

They all nodded slowly, trying to take in what I said in their heads. "And I came in here to interigate you ladies.." I cuddled a dancer, "And you, gentlemen." I said shaking the hands of the pool players.

"But, why though?"

I turned to the asian lady.

"All the people I asked around town all pointed to this area. So I'm gonna be asking y'all some questions. And if there's gonna be any but's, they're gonna be from me. Ya dig?" I asked them, they nodded in fear. Just how I like it.

"Now then..." I slid to the woman who asked me a question a second ago. Pointing the gun at her stomach and backing her up to the wall.

"You must be the murderer, aren't you?"

"No! No, I'm not, Please!"

"Oh really now? A liable source told me a woman with long curly hair was stopping by the club to pick up some weapons to kill Annie with." I pulled her up by her hair.

"You have long curly hair, and your a woman. Wearing what looks to be pink lipstick, just as they described. Your tall too." I yanked on her hair.

"Michael, I swear, I had NOTHING to do with that murder. I was at the club the whole time, the woman must of picked up the weapons from another club. Please Let me go!" She squirmed around, and I dropped her. "I'm pretty sure the source said, A curly haired maiden wearing pink lipstick, caramel skin and a green and yellow suit. Your the only one who wears green and yellow."

"But I don't have caramel skin, Or a suit on!" She screamed.

Oh, right....Must be another woman.. I thought. "Hmm, I guess your right. But who else could be the one?"

"The girl in white upstairs!"

"Can't question me!" A voice hollered from up the stairs.

"I don't have caramel skin! I have eggshell white! Ha!" She grinned and walked off. So if she isn't it, then who is? Who ELSE has caramel skin in this club, AND is a woman?

Hmmm, Supplies are running low, so instead of asking the women, I'll just ask the men.

"Hey you, Pool guy!" I yelled, walking up to him.

"Hey, Michael. What brings you to the Club-"

"Save it. I'm on the prowl for the murderer of Annie Wilkes. Another source told me you gave some weapons to a woman?"

"And whoo wee, that girl was DRUNK! She wobbled over and was incoherent. I didn't even know what she wanted. Untill she said wee pons some where along the lines. She doesn't even strike me as the drunk type, you know?"

"And?"

"Well, she took the weapons and headed on out. That's the last we've seen of her. Then we heard screams of pain and a gunshot. We alerted the police, and they STILL haven't caught the woman."

"Can you give me a vivid detail of the woman?"

"She was tall, she had medium length curls, her skin was the perfect shade of caramel, she was wearing a sparkly suit that was green and yellow. And she was awfully attractive, all the men could not stop staring at her." I smiled. I'd love to meet a pretty young thing like her. But then again, she was a murderer. And I am not cool with those types.

"My guess is that the woman wanted to kill annie because she is prettier than thou. Or maybe Annie probably stole her husband from her?"

The man shrugged. "I guess so, Or maybe she wanted to kill Annie for no reason, or after a large arguement?

I raised a brow."Hmm.." Good possiblity.

"I'll come back to you later."

Hours and hours passed and I was left with the confusing question, who was the curly haired maiden with caramel skin and a tall body wearing a green and yellow suit? I've been puzzled, It just wasn't adding up. I slumped over the bar table.

"Rough night, huh?" The bartender asked me.

"Yeah. I still haven't found her."

"Is there any other clues with you about her?"

I sighed, and felt my pocket for a hankerchief, but instead, I found the main key! The lock of the curl! I almost forgot! I reached out. "Yes! This curl! Can you scan it to see the dna?"

"I can call the police over, maybe they can help you."

"Thanks, One orange juice please." I took the shot of orange juice and drank happily. The case was finally going to get solved after 1 year. Boo to the Yah.

The doors busted down, and the man didn't even call them yet. The cheif and deputy came in, handcuffs ready. I ran to them. Waving the curl in front of their face.

"Here you go chief!" I said nodding.

The police man in blue took the curl and examined it. "Yep, what did you say she looked like?"

"Caramel skin, tall, pink lipstick, green and yellow suit?"

They both nodded.

"Gentlemen, I know who the murderer is." My eyes widened, bring it to daddy. Bring. It. To. Daddy!

"And It's...."

I leaned in forward.

"Michael Joseph Jackson." 

The crowd gasped.

"Michael's friend, Jonathan, stepped forward to tell us why annie isn't okay. It's because Mike here killed her. On accident of course. Apparently, Johnny's friends were murdered by a woman of annie's description. Michael wanted to take Johnny out on night of the town to make him feel a bit better. However, Michael had one to many drinks and hobbled over to club 30 to pick up some weapons, he was going to kill the murderer himself. However, due to being drunk, he confused Annie's house for the murderers, thereby climbing in the window, She tried hiding underneath the table, but he could see her under there, but when she ran into the bedroom, Michael pulled the trigger and shot her. Johnny said he was outside the whole time. And ran off when the police arrived. Take 'her' away, gentlemen."

What?! No! No! No! This can't be happening! I didn't kill Annie Wilkes! That's impossible! "We all make mistakes, Mr. Jackson." The man thrown me in the car.

Why?!?! I couldn't of been talking about myself in the song! This has to be some type of mistake!! Someone answer me!!!!

I'm not a murderer! I was framed! Please! Ask anyone, they'll vouch for me!

I did not kill Annie Wilkes!

Chapter End Notes:

As porky pig would say: That's all for now, folks.

So what did you think of the story?