- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Guess who has allergies? Yep. I can only sleep at night for as long as my medication lasts, so don't be surprised if the updates come a little slower. Not that this schlock actually requires any effort from me...

Maestro tried not to think about the strange girl in his house, and walked upstairs to his room. He was quite exhausted by the whole ordeal, and really just wanted to get some sleep.


He climbed into bed and shut his eyes, only to open them a few seconds later. The sheets were wet.


Sitting up immediately, he pulled back the blankets. They were soaked through with red. Blood? Where had it come from?


On the other side of the bed, he spotted a raised bump. Cautiously, he reached out and flung back the covers, flinching as he did.


But it wasn’t a dead body. It was something much worse.


“Why are you here?”


Savannah’s dull eyes gleamed in the dark. Her hands were coated in the blood and her makeup was smudged. “I wanted to see you.”


He shook his head. “Where did all this blood come from?”


“I dunno. It was like this when I got here.”


He sighed. “Get out of my bed, please.”


“I don’t want to.”


“I asked nicely.”


“So?”


“What do you want?”


“I like you.”


“I’m flattered. Now, would you please leave, so I can get some sleep?”


“Why do you sleep with a ghost?”


Maestro blinked. “Who told you that?”


“Doctor Maestro.”


A look of such annoyance passed over his face, Savannah raised her eyebrows. “You don’t like him very much, do you?”


“No one likes looking into a mirror and seeing… that.” His nose wrinkled in disgust. “Did he put you up to this, too?”


“No. I don’t like your girlfriend. I think you need a new one. Like me.” She grinned stupidly.


He shuddered. “She’s not my girlfriend. And you’re only, what, fourteen?”


“Age is nothing but a number. How old are you?”


“That’s a double negative.” He grumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose. “I’m a whole lot older than you, and have no wish to be branded a pervert. Now, would you please--”


Before he could finish, she had bolted up and out of the bed. She stopped at the door. “Oh, yeah--I used my new magic powers to banish your girlfriend to development hell.”


“What?!”


“Bye!”


She slammed the door.