- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey you guys I know I havn't been on in a while and stuff but I've been in a dark place for a long time and I wanted to take a break and get myself together. Things have just felt like they are getting worse but I'm trying...then a good friend of mine had commited suicide in December of last year and I still just think about it and it makes me so sad and I feel like it's my fault because I didn't know she was feeling that way.

Sometimes I can't even get out of bed but I have to because of school...Then some stuff has been happening at home that I'd rather not share but it's also bringing me down too. Maybe during the summer I'll be able to get my groove back and get myself busy with stories so that I can take my mind of some things but right now I just don't know. I wanted to share this with you all because I know I'm not the only one who feels like this. I was wondering if anyone had any advice to how I could get back on my feet? Or maybe just sharing how you feel if you ever get sad or whatever. Review if you want thanks <3

P.S. this story is based off of two true stories but the plot is from my head :)

The late bell had just rung for last period and instead of going to her class, Erica went to her locker. She bent down and unzipped her book bag. She looked at all the photos of her friends plastered all around the inside. She traced her finger over each one and remembered all the memories...

Erica violently ripped off the photos and a tear rolled down her eye. Some friends they were. Leaving her out to dry for their chance to get popular.

She quickly emptied the rest of the contents of her locker into her bookbag and got up to leave. As she got up to walk away she bumped right into some kid and all her stuff fell out. She was in such a hurry that she forgot to zip up her book bag.

“Crap! Could you watch where you’re goin’” she said as she hastily picked up her belongings.

“I”m so sorry, here lemme help you,” a boy’s voice sounded as he grabbed a few things.

“No! Don’t touch anything! I can get it myself!” Erica grabbed her things from his hands and dropped them in her book bag.

“Sorry...” the boy said.

As Erica gathered up the last of her things the boy asked, “Shouldn’t you be in class? What you doin’ in the hallway?”

“Shouldn’t you mind your own damn business?” Erica retorted as she slung her closed book bag on her shoulder and walked away.

The boy stood there not understanding why she was so frigid toward her. He then saw a piece of paper that must have flown out from her backpack. It was a class registry sheet. This paper was needed to choose one’s classes for the next semester and was due tomorrow.

“Hey you forgot your—”

It was too late she had already left. He looked over the paper and it had her address on it. She lived a block from him, he’d just run it down to her after school.


**************************************************


The music boomed so loud that you could hear the vibrations through your chest. Erica frantically wrote down her note, neatly folded it, and placed it on her bed sheet. She stood up on her bed and grabbed her bed sheet she had tied into a noose.

Right when she was going to put the rope around her neck, the doorbell rang. She was going to ignore it because it was probably a neighbor complaining about the noise. The doorbell rang again and again.

“What the hell!” Erica yelled. She let go of the rope and jumped off her bed to get the door. When she opened the door it was that kid she bumped into in the hall.

“Hey!” he said.

“Are you following me now? How’d you know where I live you stalker?” She paused and waited for him to speak.

“I um...you left this in the hallway,” the boy said as he pulled out the registration sheet from his pocket. “I thought you might want it back. Your address was on it and I live just up the street so I thought I could run it down to you...”

Erica grabbed the sheet and crumpled it up. “I don’t need it,” she said.

The boy furrowed his eyebrows. “Oh, I’m sorry. Well if that’s it I guess I’ll be going now,” the boy walked away but then stopped in his tracks and turned back to Erica’s house before she could close the door.

“I was wondering if you weren’t busy, maybe you would like to go get something to eat? My Mom owns a little diner by the corner store...I’m heading there now if you wanna go with me...”

Erica stared at the boy. It was weird because no one has ever invited her somewhere not even her “friends”.

“Um, sure. That sounds cool. I’ll just turn down my stereo and I’ll be out in a minute,” Erica said and for the first time in a long time she smiled.

When Erica came back she and the boy walked down the sidewalk together. “By the way, my name is Michael,” said the boy.



**************************************************


Years and years went by and Erica and Michael dated all throughout high school and even college. They later got married and had two children. They loved each other very much and they were what one would call soulmates....

It was bedtime and they had just put the kids to sleep. Erica and Michael were also getting ready for bed. When they both got their pajamas on, they cuddled in the bed together. Erica lay her head on her husband’s chest and he wrapped his arm around her.

“Michael?” she said.

“Yeah babe?”

“Remember when we first met?”

Michael smiled on the thought. “Yeah, we bumped in the hallway and all your stuff fell out your book bag.”

“Yeah, then you followed me home just to give me a piece of paper,” Erica chuckled.

Michael chuckled too. “Yeah...there was just something about you that I had to know more about and what do you know. We got married.” He kissed her forehead.

Erica smiled. “You wanna know why I was at my locker instead of class?”

“Uh sure why not?”

“I was clearing it so that it would look like I never existed...”

Michael looked down at his wife. “What do you mean babe?”

Erica sat up straight in their bed and was then followed by Michael who did the same action.

She sighed. “That day, I was going to kill myself...Things were going so wrong for me...My dad died a couple months before that. He got shot because I was walking home from school and these guys came out of nowhere and were about to hurt me but my dad came and tried to beat them up. One of them had a gun and shot my dad right in front of me...My mom became a drunk after that. She spent all the money she made on booze...when you had asked me if I wanted to get something to eat at your mom’s diner, I hadn’t eaten in four days...school was just the icing on the cake. My “friends” abandoned me and my grades were slipping, people made fun of me...I just wanted to end it all...so bad...when you rang the doorbell I had the rope right there in my hands...

“When we bumped in the hallway and you followed me home, something inside me changed for the better. Michael, you don’t know how much I love you. I don’t just love you because you saved me, I love you because you taught me how to love and how to receive love back...”

By this time Erica was lightly crying and so was Michael. He reached over to thumb away her tears. He rested his forehead on hers and said.

“Erica, I’m so sorry you had to go through all of that...”

“It’s okay Michael because if I could go back and change something...I wouldn’t change a single thing...”



**************************************************



Erica and Michael stayed together for many years and grew old together. They are at the age of 65 and still loving strong.

Chapter End Notes:

thank you for reading :)

love,

Emma