- Text Size +

June 8th 1986 - 5:15 pm

I'm in front of Ayana's home again, to see if she'd have the directions to epic records, because the directions was left at my hotel & I don't remember by memory where exactly it is, so I should hope she knows. I ring her doorbell, hoping she'd answer because if her parents do, I'm not exactly sure what will happen. Since they aren't exactly my 'fans'. The door opens & it's Ayana, Thank goodness. She hugs me & says

"Hey! I didn't think I'd be seeing you ever again."

"I didn't either. But I wrote down your address so I know where to find you."

"Oh okay, nice. So come in."

I walk into her house, & I walk into her living room & she sits down on the sofa & she says

"Kitty, you can sit down on the rocking chair, if you want."

I sit on the rocking chair, rocking it back & forth.

"So Kitty, you don't look well at all, what's wrong tell me everything that's happened to you?"

"Went to the shelter, got raped there, then right outside there I get beat up, my whole body has been in nothing but pain since I left here."

"Oh My Gosh, want me to give you a couple of ice packs to ease down the pain?"

"Sure, I guess."

Ayana, walks out of the living room & goes off somewhere for awhile, she comes back with a few ice packs in her hand.

"Oh I don't need that many."

"Well Dear, you've been beaten up & raped, I'd think you needed quite a few."

"Well…..thanks."

I take the ice packs & place them all over my body. The coldness against my pain made me feel better, but the bruises were still there, along with my black eye from the punch. I close my eyes & begin to take a short nap.

30 minutes later I wake up, feeling allot, better, with less pain on me, however I feel very sleepy & weak. I should ask if I can eat something. Ayana saw that I awaken & walks over to me.

"Oh, Britt your awake. How are you feeling?"

"Allot better. Don't know if you mind me asking but, can I get something to eat?, I really haven't ate much in days. So, please"

"Oh sure."

I remove the ice packs from me & put them on the floor. I walk into her kitchen & I sit down at the table as I see food ready for me on the table.

"I know, not allot of food, but I don't want to take too much since my parents will be pissed at me for giving you so much." Ayana explains to me.

"Oh it's okay. Better then nothing at all."

'Well true."

I begin eating & she sit down on the chair & watch me enjoy my food.

"So are you from California?" Ayana asks

"No, New York City."

"Ohh…New York! Wow! I always wanted to go there."

I rolled my eyes & say "Everyone wants to go there."

"Yes cause it's the city with the bright lights & big stars."

"I thought all the stars lived in Hollywood hills."

"Some of them live in New York City."

"Well that's partially true, But I mean…basically here."

"Yeah."

I finished eating my meal as I look at my watch it was 6:00 pm right at the dot. 3hrs & 30 minutes until I am in front of Quincy & Michael again….hopefully. I am not exactly sure how far away I am from Epic records or not, so I don't know if I should be on the move or do I have time to chill. But before I go there, I should take a shower. Since I know I smell worse then a New York City train station. I wonder how Ayana keeps her composure around me.

"So, can I please take a shower before I leave, dear?" I ask.

"Oh sure, you remember where the bathroom is right?"

"Yes." I am walking to the right of the house as I get a tap on my back

"I see you've forgotten it's right here to the left."

"Oh…yikes. I thought it was to the right."

"No, dear."

I walk to the bathroom, undress then take my shower. I wonder if Ayana's got any clothes I could wear, because jeez it'd be really embarrassing having two really famous people see me in the same clothes again. However, I do put on back my original clothes just incase I can't use any of her clothes for a day. I walk out of the bathroom, & Ayana walks up to me & asks

"So how are you, Kitty?"

"I'm okay, I'm just wondering, if….I can borrow a new pair of clothes? Your probably going to say no, but you see I'm going somewhere extra special today & I need new clothes, so please?"

"Hmm…I would give you something but, Dear you're a stick figure, I'm a girl with hips & curves, I don't know if my clothes will actually fit you, tell me what's your size?"

"2"

"Oh, I'm an 8, my clothes might be a little too big."

"Ah, don't worry about it. I'll just wear what I have on."

"Oh okay, hope you have fun."

"Thanks oh & since were on topic, do you by any chance know where epic records is located? I have to be there today. I don't have the address I left it at the hotel I was recently in."

"Oh, let me check the address magazine, which would have that."

She walks to the living room & I follow as she picks up a magazine quickly flipping through the pages, & we finally found it.

"Okay there's the address." she says as she tears it out of the magazine & gives it to me in my hand. I put it in my purse as I ask.

"How long will it take me to get there?"

"2 hours, with traffic maybe 3. Let me ask my parents if they could drive you there."

"That would be nice!"

She walks away to her parents room & as a minute passes I hear a some shouting going on. Must be her parents.

'I'm not taking Ms. Dominican Republic anywhere! I bet she's lying to your ass like no tomorrow! Tell her we can't do it & she needs to get the hell out of her ASAP!' A man shouts out.

Ayana runs to me & says

"I guess you've heard but I am sorry. I am unable to take you there, you can take the bus, the travel might be really long, but it's the only way."

"It's okay, I'll find my way there, somehow."

I look at the time, & I see it's 6:20 pm, I slowly begin walking towards the door to leave. Since it was about exactly 3 hours until I had to be there.

"I don't mean to be nosy but what are you going to epic records for, got a talent?"

"Oh yeah, I can sing & I came here to get signed on to a label, so today I see weather I'm on or not."

"Oh, that's wonderful, excited?"

"Not exactly, lost hope."

"Aw, please don't I'm sure you sound amazing. Don't give up hope, there's always that sliver lining out there for someone."

"Well, thanks."

"Your welcome."

We've reach her doorstep & we hug.

"It's very nice to see you again dear, I hope you come by soon. Take care & good luck."

"Thank you so much for everything. I promise I'll be back soon again. But bye for now."

We let go of the hug as I slowly begin to venture off to where I think the bus might be.

**3 hours later**

I walk in front of the door of the studio as I knock. I am literally just here to hear the bad news again, I just know they don't like me, I feel it.

"Come in!" I hear Quincy's voice call out to me.

I walk in, & stand up at the front of the room without giving Quincy or Michael any eye contact. When I walked in, the room became quiet quickly. Quincy coughed to get my attention, & I say

"Hi." silently.

"Hello Ms. Genovese, um…" Quincy says, as if he's trying to find the right words to say.

"Quincy we need to talk." Michael tells Quincy. They both get up & go into a new room where I can see them talking through the windows. I sigh & sit down on a chair. Just another disappoint, why am I even here? Why are they stalling me for? They probably planned to put me through hell, as if I haven't been through enough.

Michael walks back in the room, I am pretending I didn't notice him.

"Hey, Kitty…"

I look up at him without response, he sits down next to me & says

"I know, we just met each other, & our relationship is supposed to be business wise only, but I can't help but to ask, what's wrong? What happened to you? You don't look well at all, & not to mention your in the same clothes as I first saw you in, did something happen?"

I begin to cry thinking of what has happened to me all week, I want out of it, but I don't know if should tell him or if he'll judge me or anything. I didn't respond to him.

"Want a hug?" he asks.

I lean over to him & hug him. I like that fact that he seems to, actually care, But I don't know if I should tell him, don't know if I should trust him, I feel so awkward.

"Care to tell me what's wrong or is it too personal?"

I let go of the hug. Since he does seem to care I think I can tell him. If he cares enough he can help me out, give me a place to stay in for the mean time.

"I'm not looking for pity but Michael I'm just homeless, & I need a place to stay. I've been homeless since the day we met."

"Aw, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I can buy you a hotel to stay in for awhile."

"No, Michael please don't use your money on me."

"Please, just let me help you out of this mess."

Okay, seems like he really wants to help me. I've lost allot of trust in men but he seems a little genuine I'll see if he really is. Though I'd hate being screwed over, this time if I do get screwed it'd be really, bad. So I reply while sobbing,

"Okay"

Michael moves his chair up closer to mines, & warps his arm around me tightly, & moves these papers over to me & says

"Before, we do anything you have to sign your contact. So sign where it says signature."

"Isn't Quincy supposed to be giving me this?"

"Yeah, but Quincy isn't here right now, so sign. We want you on anyways."

I take up the pen & write my name in quickly, in my worst script. But it didn't matter, I wasn't in the mood to write anything. I flipped through the pages & look for where it says 'signature' & write my signature. When I reached to the last page. Michael tells me to

"Stop, that's a parent signature."

"Parent? Does my mom have to sign this?"

"Unless your willing to wait, until your 18th birthday to be signed on then, no. But if you want on now, were going to need it."

"My mom's not here, with me. So we should wait until my birthday."

"Okay, so we'll hold this off until your birthday."

I nodded my head in agreement.

"Okay, it's time we go." Michael says as we both get up & walk out of the studio. I dried up my tears by the time we get downstairs. I'm kind of happy, something good was finally happening to me. Michael takes some money out of his pocket, & hands it to me in my hand & says

"Go out to the malls & buy some clothes for yourself, buy as much as you need, I gave you about $5000, in cash so use it to your best advantage. Get everything you want and need. One of my security Guard will accompany you, just for your safety reasons & so you don't get yourself into any trouble. You'll meet me back at the hotel you'll be staying at for a time being. Okay, Kitty?"

"$5000? Don't you think that's too much your giving me? Especially considering we kind of just met?"

"Nah, $5000 is pocket money for me. I don't mind giving it to you out of love & sympathy. You don't have to spend it all in one night, but still use the money. Now, go to the mall go buy yourself nice things & I'll see you in a little bit." He took his sunglasses down & winks at me.

I smile & wink back & say "Um…well, thanks."

"No problem. & here's the security guard that will be in my words 'watching' you tonight." He taps the back of a really tall, guy.

"Drake" the man says. I guess that's his introduction to me.

"Ah, Kitty." I replied.

"Oh, nice." he replies.

"Have fun!" Michael says as he walks into his limo & waves at us, Drake & I wave back.

"Okay, so were going to the mall…right across the street." Drake tells me.

"Okay." Great…. Drake sounds like the most boring person on planet. I'll die.

**2 hours later**

Michael & I are in the hotel about to open the room door to my new hotel room. He opens the door, & I walk in & look around.

"Wow, it's so nice in here Michael." I told him as I am looking around in curiosity.

"Yes, it is. I have you booked here until the end of the month, but that can always change & you can stay longer or shorter whatever you want."

I slowly walk over to Michael & hug him.

"Just….thank you for everything, thank you for taking me off the streets. You have no idea what's happened to me in the past week." I begin to cry thinking about it all again, thinking about how it all changed in such a short time too.

"Aw, Kitty I can't even imagine." we let go of the hug & he asks

"Want to have dinner? I know it's late but I figure you've been hungry."

"No, thank you. I ate dinner at the mall with Drake."

"Oh….wow. How was that experience?"

"Boring. Give me a heads up Mike, is this how all security guards are like?"

"No, at least not with me. Drake's a little shy though. So he tends to be more on the quiet."

"More like very."

"Mhm. I have a feeling I'm going to have allot of fun with you soon."

"Hah really?"

"Yes, but I got to go now, it's getting late. See you in the morning?"

"Morning? Your going to be visiting me often?"

"Yes, your kind of, under my responsibility now. So I got to keep an eye out on you."

"Oh yeah, okay. But, it'd be a good idea if I had your number. Just incase of anything or I just want to talk."

"Oh yeah totally forgot about that." He takes something a card out of his pocket.

"Here's my card with my number on it. "

"Thank you."

"Okay, I'll go now, Goodnight, Kitty." He gives me one more hug at the door.

"Goodnight Michael." He let go of the hug & he left & I watch him walk away.