- Text Size +

September 1, 1986 – 12:26 pm

It's been three days and one half since I've last seen Michael. All three days have been nothing but hell for me, on my birthday we went to bed together with my kitty, Prince, only to wake up to a note by Michael which stated:

"I won't be around today for my birthday. I should be back soon. Leave all of the birthday wishes for when I come back! See you later, Kitty.

I love you (;

-MJ

I looked at that note for the eight hundredth time today, wondering where the hell this man could be. Why hasn't he called? Is he not near by a phone? Is he safe? Is he even alive? So many questions, but no answers. I've been worried sick from the first night; knowing basically a whole day has passed and no Michael anywhere just scared me to death. Even Liz began to worry to. I haven't ate much or slept at all. Just the main thought of wondering whether he's okay. Michael knows I can't live without him. I can't function or think without him, so where the hell could he be? I hope he's not doing this to me on purpose.

"Meow…" My thoughts interrupted by Prince's meow. Looks like he wants some attention, I walk over to him on the bed and play with him softly as he purrs.

"Prince…Have seen Michael around anywhere?" I ask the cat, hoping he'd have an answer.

"Meow."

"No?"

"Meow…" He curls up on to my arm, which means the answer is no. I sigh, but feeling Prince lean on my shoulder felt so comfortable, that I end up falling asleep. Thank Gosh for Prince; I know that if I didn't have him I'd be without sleep for the 4th day in a row.

September 1, 1986 – 2:24 pm

I wake up from my short little nap with Prince, feeling depressed all over again. I put my head into my pillow once again hoping I'd go back to sleep again. I hear a knock on my room door; I hope that's Michael coming in.

"Come in!" I greeted, I look up in hopes of it being him, only to be disappointed, it was only Liz. Not saying I do not want to see her, but I was more expecting Michael.

"Honey, how are you?" Liz asks as she sits next to me on the bed rubbing my back.

"Horrible."

"Aw, darling…I wonder where he's been off to."

"I just hope he's okay."

"I hope so too…Maybe you should go to the studio, maybe he's been in there."

"I don't want to come in surprisingly…"

"Well have you finished writing your part in the song? If you did then that won't be a surprise, since you can't get a hold of Michael its best you go there to drop your stuff off."

"Well I did finish it…I guess that's a good idea."

"Yes sweetheart. Plus, are you going to sing it with Michael?"

"Nah, I don't think so…Why?"

"Why not dear?"

"Because I just….I just don't, do you know how much of a huge star Michael is? Why would he have an average singer like me, on his album? He should use someone like Whitney Houston. Who could sing allot better then I can."

"Sweetheart, do you realize what you'll be missing out on? Don't you realize how lucky you are? Michael's giving you the chance of a lifetime. To sing with him, Michael doesn't do much collaborations. So, the fact he wants to do one with you mines he must really like your voice. Do you even know how many singers or aspiring singers who would love an opportunity like this? You're going to shut it down?"

"The only main reason he wants to do this with me is because I'm his girlfriend. I'm sure if we never got into anything with each other, he probably wouldn't be so interested."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because I'm not that great of a singer, and the song is a love one, he's probably more comfortable singing it with me."

"Honey I haven't heard you yet and I'm sure you sound amazing. Believe in your abilities, I'm sure you're wonderful. Please, think about what you are doing. Declining this can be the biggest mistake you've ever made in your life."

"You have a point, I'll think about it on the ride to the studio. Thanks anyways."

"You are welcome sweetheart, there's a limo pulled up waiting for you right about now."

"Oh perfect." We walk downstairs and she walks me out to the limo. As I reach the limo I turn around and wave at her before leaving.

"Take care of Prince for me!" I tell Liz before going into the limo.

"I will! See you in a bit Sweetheart!" I got in and drove off for what was hours long driving.

September 1, 1986 – 5:26 pm

I walk into the studio and all I hear is the very sensual music of the song 'Between the Sheets' by The Isley Brothers. I wonder why that song is playing, I walk in and I see Quincy listening to it.

"Hey! Kitty cat!" Quincy greets me.

"Hey Quincy, you listening to my joint."

"Your joint? You like this song too?"

"Yes I can get high off of this!"

"Well me too!" We lean over to each other and high five each other and I begin to dance to the beat of the song. Just then I remembered what I came here for.

"Quincy, I did my verse so if you see Michael around which by the way, have you seen him at all in the past few days?"

"Oh give me the song so I can hold it for him for when he comes back and yes he was here earlier." I reach into my bag and give him the song.

"Oh he was here? Do you know anything else like where he's been staying?"

"Well…this is what he told me…and, don't tell him I told you this. But ah..." We then here the door open and close and some giggling, then I see Michael and no other then Tatiana walk up in here holding hands giggling with each other. I think it's time for a prayer, because I know this man didn't leave me hanging for 4 days just to be with this chick. Please, I hope he didn't.

"Hey, Kitty…I wasn't expecting you here…"Michael says with some disappointment in his voice, which automatically makes me feel bad. It makes me feel like he doesn't want to see me anymore, my feelings feel insecure and down.

"Well I'm here….I finished the verse."

"Kitty? What kind of name is that?" Tatiana blurts out of nowhere rudely.

"It's my name, nice to meet you." I told her sarcastically.

"Okay, attitude alert. I'll see you later, right Michael?" Tatiana says as she warps her arm around his chest.

"Yeah, I'll see you."

"Bye Michael, love you!"

"Love you too!" Tatiana walks out of the studio and now it was just Quincy, Michael and I. I couldn't be more pissed off then I am now, I can't believe he ditched me for days, just to be with this girl. I knew there was something up, but I didn't think it was this…

"Kitty…" Michael approaches me and touches my shoulder.

"Do not touch me!" I told him as I walked away, trying my hardest not to cuss Michael out.

"Listen to me Kitty; it isn't what you think…"

"Don't lie to me Michael. I can't believe you left for 4 whole days and didn't even bother calling Liz's house just to say you're okay, I almost called the cops and report you missing! How can you mess with my mind and my heart like that? I bet you spent the whole four days with Tatiana having the time of your life!"

"Listen Kitty…I haven't been with her except today…."

"Oh please. As if I'm going to believe that. "I shake my head thinking how stupid I am for falling for him. "You're no different than any other man, just the same. By the way, I was actually considering singing the song with you, but just for this, I still stick to not singing it with you. All I want is credit that I wrote my part and money credit. That's all I want and it's final. Now, thank you for wasting my time and energy Michael. Happy belated birthday." I push Michael out of my way and run out of the studio, with tears falling down my eyes.

"Kitty!" Michael shouts as he follows me out, I take the stairs down so he doesn't catch up with me by the elevator.

"Just wait up a minute!" He shouts me down catching dangerously up to me I'm so focused on running as fast as I can from him I end up skipping a few steps making me fall and trip all over them rolling down the steps. Michael immediately picks me up back on my feet.

"Kitty I'm so…sorry I…..I made you cry…" He tells me looking deep into my eyes with nothing but sorrow and concern; however I wasn't falling for it. No way.

"It's too late for sorry!" I push him out of my way and run down the hall outside to the emergency exit outside the building and I run toward my limo as I grab the handle open I feel a tug on my arm I look behind and it's Michael.

"Kit…can you just hear me out for a second?"

"Save it for later! Oops! I forgot, you're seeing Tatiana later, so you can't miss that for the world. I thought I was your number one girl." I get into the limo as quickly as I can as Michael knocks on the window as the limo drives off leaving him hanging. The tears couldn't stop as it began to rain heavily. I was just so hurt to see how he seemed to look so happy with Tatiana and her hands all over him like they're in love again. I regret making this trip now, I feel like I was better off not knowing about where he was. It was better left a secret, but I am lost without him. But looks like I'm going to have to get used to not having him around because from the looks of things he doesn't seem like he's going to be around much since whatever mishaps he had with Tatiana is fixed.