- Text Size +

July `15, 1986 - 12:15 am

**Michael's POV**

I'm here sitting down at the waiting room, praying as hard as I can for kitty. Hoping everything will be okay with her. I can't believe Latoya would actually attempt to kill her. Is this woman going off her head or what? I would have never thought that, anyone in my family would do something so dangerous and evil. Nothing can describe how I feel right now, about Latoya. She disgusts me in every way possible. Speak of the devil, I see Latoya, walking into the waiting room. I get up and walk towards her, with frustration and anger in my face.

"How could you put glass inside of her food? Have you lost your damn mind? What if you killed her? Planning on being put away for life?" I ask her.

"What are you talking about? I am very innocent of this and I did not put any kinds of glass in her food." Latoya answers, putting on a sad face. What's she saying I am not falling for.

"Oh yeah right, you know damn well, you did this, don't lie to me Latoya."

"I'm not lying, about anything, I'm just as innocent as you are Michael, I gave her exactly what I gave you, and so if you didn't get any glass in yours then she didn't either. Its possible rice could have just been stuck in her throat."

"I saw a glass on her food, Janet saw it too."

"Well I didn't put glass in it." She says as she begins to walk away.

"You did this, and the fact that you can just stand her look me in the eye and just lie to me, kills me inside. What are you doing here anyways? Stir up more trouble? We don't need your negative vibes."

"Fine I'll go. And I apologize this happened to your girlfriend, or whatever she is to you. But I know I didn't do this, I would never kill someone or attempt it especially someone I know is so dearly close to you Michael and I will clear my name of this, because I, Latoya Yvonne Jackson, did not put glass in her food. I hope she's okay. Goodnight." She walks out of here, without any grief or pain in her eyes, she seems so emotion less. She doesn't care at all, Plus especially how she comes 2 hours later, due to 'sleeping' She just left the kitchen when the incident happen, how could she had fallen asleep so fast? She's guiltier then any prisoner in prison right now. It pisses me off even more the way she can just stand here and lie to me, her own brother's face. She's one cold witch, I tell you.

"Michael, maybe it happened by accident…." Janet tells me trying to cream the whole situation off in Latoya's favor.

"You really think Latoya would do something like that on accident? Secondly, how in the world do you put glass in someone's food on accident? How do you not know what you are doing?"

"It can happen by accident, like maybe glass broke over the food and she didn't even realize?…."

"It wasn't on top of what we were eating, it was inside. There's no way she could have done it on accident, unless Latoya is under the influence of drugs and alcohol which, I'm sure she isn't. The funny thing about it is that both Kitty and I had a funny feeling about her being so nice out of nowhere. I guess we should have stuck with our gut."

"Michael, she's going to be perfectly fine, I'm sure….We don't call her kitty for nothing, If she lost one of her lives, then she has 8 more to go." Marlon joked as he tries to comfort me, but I am so furious right now, I couldn't even laugh or so any expression as everyone else seemed to laugh at it. I sigh out of frustration and I turned around & looked at everyone.

"So were going to keep Latoya at our home or is she leaving?"

"She's staying." Janet answers.

"Why? How can you guys trust her around yourselves or even your things after what just happened?"

"Because it simply could have just been an accident."

"Why do you keep defending her?"

"Because Latoya is my sister I can't see her doing something like that."

"Well she's my sister too, I can't see her doing something like that either, but tell me Janet how in the world can glass reach into her food? It was a set up and an obvious one."

"I'm with Michael on that…" Jackie says as he walks besides me.

"Yeah, me too…" Marlon says.

"Whatever, she leaves and your girlfriend stays? I don't think so. If Latoya goes, then so does your girl go." Janet says with anger in her voice.

"Janet…why are you being this way? I thought you were on my side all along."

"Call me a traitor, but my sister is not going to prison. May you excuse me; I think I've been here long enough." Janet says as she walks right by the 3 of us, with her head up high. I don't see how she doesn't she realize Latoya is so guilty of this. Pieces of this puzzle are missing, something just isn't right. There's got to be more to this, that I don't know about. Mother slowly approaches me, as I wait to hear what she has to say.

"Michael, Kitty can stay in the pool house, she won't have to have any interaction with Latoya or Janet…"

"No it's okay Mother, because if Latoya stays, then the both of us will leave."

"Michael are you sure about this?"

"Yes, why keep Latoya around anyways? She said about a couple of weeks ago that she wants to leave. So let her go, I can't believe all of this drama she's caused in this household and nothings being done about it. She's wrecking us as a family, my personal life and making Kitty's life very unhappy. It's unfair and something needs to be done with her outrageous behavior."

"Your right Michael, we'll do something about it….We will."

"Okay, I'll take your word for it."

A doctor comes out of ER, like he's looking for someone; I walk towards him wondering if it's me he's looking for.

"Oh there you are, Mr. Jackson." He answers.

"Will she be okay?"

"Yeas she should be okay. Apparently, Catherine had swallowed a rather large piece of glass, along with poisoning, is what we found in her body. A poisoning so powerful, it could have killed her in just minutes. However, the piece of glass is out of her system along with the poisoning, but the damage is pretty bad especially around her throat and internal organs. She's going to have a hard time swallowing; eating, talking, kissing, anything done orally she's going to have allot of trouble with. But we do plan on fixing it, and she should be back to normal soon. "

"Okay, Doctor, is it okay if I see her?"

"No because my other colleagues are doing work on her at the moment. But Tomorrow morning you can visit."

"Okay, thank you. Have a goodnight."

"You too Mr. Jackson, and can I have an autograph before you leave?"

"Sure."

He takes out a writing pad out and a pen and I write down my signature for him quickly.

"Thank you. Mr. Jackson, Have a goodnight again."

"Same for you."

I turn around & face almost everyone in my family except, Latoya, Janet and Joe who weren't here and we all left, without saying a word to each other. My family couldn't have been more dead & quiet then today. Looks like we've been torn apart by the events that happened only 2 hours ago.