- Text Size +

July 12, 1986 - 3:56 pm

All throughout the afternoon, I ballet danced in the family's…well more of Michael's dance studio, throughout the day since I realized it's been so long since I ballet danced, it was about time I did it before I forgot how to. As I was dancing I saw two familiar faces watching me, Michael and Janet. I stop dancing immediately, and I walk towards them with my hands on my hips.

"Do you guys know not to invade someone's privacy?" I ask them, jokingly.

"Well, we couldn't knock, because you wouldn't be able to hear so we just came in and watched. You're a beautiful ballet dancer." Michael answers me as he winks at me.

"Aw, well thanks, thought I'd be pretty rusty at it since it's been so freaking long since the last time I did ballet. I guess not."

"Yes you're really good, anything else you can do, besides ballet?" Janet asks.

"Well, I've tried, dancing like you Janet but I don't think I'm good at all that stuff."

"Oh girl! I want to see this!" She replies enthusiastically, as she turns off the classical music.

"What? Please, don't do this to me Janet…." I begged.

"Come on, what's to be shy for? We aren't going to be mean to you, we just want to see you, do your thang. Right Mike?"

"Sure..." he answers as he grabs a seat and sits down and Janet does the same, knowing their watching me makes me so nervous. Then Janet gets up and says

"How about we dance together?"

"Um…..I guess that's better." I reply.

"Great!" Janet walks to the boom box puts a song on, as I heard the beat I knew we were about to dance to Pleasure Principle. We're doing the same choreography, as she did in the video, and I basically follow what Janet's, doing and do the best impersonation of it as I can. As were dancing about a minute into the song, Janet says

"Girl, you are so good at dancing!"

I automatically stopped, feeling really shy and nervous, it's not like she insulted me, but the fact she was watching me, made me nervous.

"What are you stopping for? Finish off the song with me, or I'll stop dancing with you."

And There on I just continued to do the rest of the choreography with Janet, and had allot of fun with it.

"Oh My Gosh, girl you did so freaking well, I have never seen anybody, imitate me like that. Girl you are good." Janet told me as we finished dancing.

"Yeah, it was excellent." Michael tells me, as he licks his lips at me, like he's checking me out or something.

"Gosh, I can't get over at how good of a dancer you are, you know what. Michael, Cat, I don't care if your both just friends, get married!" She brings us close together, and we laugh at her adorableness.

"Maybe, someday we will." Michael says as he winks at me and I blushed a little by his comment. How Sweet.

"Aw…" I replied, not wanting to say something extremely cheesy.

"I hope you do!" Janet says enthusiastically. I look at the corner of my eye and I see Latoya glaring at us, I didn't pay it any mind because if she wants to say something or do something then she should, I shouldn't have to call her out in the blue or catch her somewhat spying, I ignored her presence as I return to my conversation.

"So we should all play outside! All 3 of us!" Michael says

"Sure!" I replied enthusiastically.

Janet, Michael & I all ran outside, and as I ran out Latoya wasn't there anymore. Strange. I guess she's seen what she's wanted to see already. We followed Michael to the backyard and as we saw quite a few water balloons in corner, like he had playing planned out today.

"What are we going to do with these babies?" I asked.

"Babies?" Michael asks as he giggles at my comment. "Were going to play water balloon tag, I'm going to chase the both of you around with water balloons, the one that gets with one, is it! So run as far away as you can, because I'm counting to ten!" Michael turns around and covers his eyes, Janet and I make a run out around their huge backyard, which looks acres long, if I were to run too far I'd probably get lost out here. He turns around with quite a few of water balloons in his hands, running really fast chasing Janet, keeping his attention on her which was good for me so I can take a breather. I turn around, looking back at the house, and I see Catherine and Latoya, talking sounds like their arguing, Latoya seems really upset. Michael and Janet shortly ran up to me.

"What's up, Kitty?" Michael asks me.

"I think you guys should go down there, something's going on with Latoya and your mom." I replied.

"I'll go check it out. Janet you stay with Kitty, alright?"

"Okay, Bro." Janet replies as Michael runs down to them.

"Why, do I have the feeling it's something about me being here? She's been stalking me all day." I confess to Janet.

"Really?"

"Yes, really. When we were at the Dance studio, she was there watching us, I swear I saw her, glaring at us all. Now she's here, probably watching us too."

"Well, maybe she finds you really entertaining…" Janet laughs as she tries to make the situation a joke.

"No, Janet. She really despises me, I really don't know why…"

"Cat, listen she despises each and every one of us, especially Michael. I think the reason she despises you is because Tatiana and Latoya really good friends, and so if any female gets too close to Michael she'll suspect you are both dating, when of course that isn't exactly the case, but with all these rumors going around with you both and that 'alleged kiss' but no picture proof, and now you've moved in. Latoya is going to think he's cheating."

"Well, their relationship is kind of over with, as far as I'm concerned, but what alleged kiss are you talking about?"

"It just came out in the tabloids today, but of course I don't believe in that stuff, but you want to see it?"

"Yeah!" I replied getting nervous, hoping there's no actual proof of the kiss. We walk back into the house, as I follow Janet to her room, and she gives me the magazine and flips to the page where it talks about Michael and I aka, 'secret female friend' The article reads:

'Jacko and his secret female friend are being spotted again in now New York City, in roller skating ring. According to spies, the two were just skating around and talking, after a while they began slow dancing - skating to their own music, since there were no music playing. Then the two got a little too close for comfort, sharing a kiss, in the middle of the ring. Unfortunately we have no picture proof of the kiss. But there were witnesses and proof they both were at this skating ring since the owner has both of their autographs. But from the looks of things, sounds like the relationship between Michael and his lady friend has been heating up. The world is wondering, who is this girl? What is she exactly to Michael? A hook up? Or someone he'd consider marrying in the future?"

I threw the magazine down on the ground & sigh & say

"This is a bunch of BS."

"Why don't they just leave you two alone? Ever since the pictures of the wine bottle incident, the media can't seem to stop talking about you two. Weather you guys are dating or not, it's nobody's business."

"I know right? Nosy people."

"Tell me about it. Not saying, you both do make a cute couple."

"Aw, everyone tells us that…."

"Because it's true! I'd so love you guys together! Tatiana needs to go somewhere; you need to be in the picture now."

"Aw, well, you never know…" I said winking at her, hinting it out, but not totally giving it away.

"Oh…I'm liking this is going."

"Don't get any ideas now." We laugh and enjoy the rest of the afternoon but I couldn't help to think of, what happened out there with Latoya, Michael and Catherine, whatever it is, I sure do hope it wasn't about me.

July 12, 1986 - 7:42 pm

It's dinner time and were all at the table sharing food, well all except one. Latoya of course, I wonder why she isn't here.

"So, Kitty Cat, just wondering if you can come in my room after dinner, you know…to get to know each other a little better like I promised you last night…." Jermaine tells me.

Hearing that made me want to vomit, but I didn't feel like vomiting right now so I fake cough over my food.

"I'm celibate." I murmured, making him know I'm not interested in him whatsoever.

Then Suddenly Latoya comes from upstairs sharing herself some food.

"Oh, sweet, now she's eating dinner with us. I thought dinner was only for family and lovers only? You guys didn't even bother leaving me a seat; show me how much you love this Cat girl. I bet theirs marriage planning going on very soon if not already." She asks, brewing up some trouble obviously.

"Latoya, we had no idea you were coming down, thought you were pretty upset and wanted to be alone…." Janet explained.

"Oh & about that too, everyone knew I was upset and none of you even bothered to come and comfort me? & Michael, have you given Tatiana visit since you've been back or even a call? Or since now you've got a pussy cat to tame, you don't have time for your girlfriend anymore?"

Latoya's constant disrespect towards me was now putting me on edge, I felt like getting up and saying something, but I wanted to keep classy, and calm because I just felt like straight up cussing her out. I just kept on eating pretending I never heard a damn thing.

"Latoya, when are you going to quit this? Stop being so rude and disrespectful to Kitty. She is just Michael's friend, when will you get that?" Catherine buts in.

"Never." Latoya says as she walks out & leaves.

Everyone was pretty much dead quiet, for the next 15 minutes, until Joe decides to speak his mind.

"So, Kitty, you celibate?"

"Yes…" I replied, wondering why the hell he would bring that topic up again.

"Girl, you serious? You too pretty to be celibate…a girl like you deserves to be on my lap right now…."

"EW." I murmured under my breath, highly disgusted, of what he said now losing all appetite.

"Ah, I guess, it's time I go…." I told everyone as I got up, and went straight to my room. Just feeling awkward being here, I don't feel I really belong, nor do I feel all that welcomed either. I just feel like I'm just getting disrespected by basically everyone and I'm just taking it because I want to be accepted into the family, I guess they had other plans. I heard a knock on my door and I knew exactly who it was. I open the door and saw Michael and ask him before he got to say anything,

"What do you want?"

"Just want to talk…" He answers.

"I don't really feel like talking…." I replied as I almost closed the door on him.

"But kitty…" I open the door back so I'm not rude. "Kitty, I apologize on the behalf of my family, I wasn't expecting it'd be like this…."

"Me either….I'm really thinking coming here was a huge mistake. I'm going to really start thinking hard about going back, home."

"But Kitty…" He holds me by my waist, bringing me close up to him.

"Watch your hands just in case she's watching us…." I told him.

"I don't care right now, just give it a couple of days or weeks, please…"

"I don't know if this is what I want to do for sure, but I'm definitely giving it some thought; I don't feel very welcomed here. I just feel like I was just thrown in here unfairly.…"

"Well that's just Latoya, everyone else here likes you."

"I don't appreciate someone telling me I should be on their lap, at all. Total disrespect, and degrading me, that's all I've been getting from most of your brothers and Joe, I don't quite appreciate that either. It's fine if you think I'm sexy or whatever, I got no problem with that. I just don't need to know about your fantasies either, especially since I show no interest in any of them."

"Well, they're like that with about every girl they meet, they think because of their last name and who they are related to, any woman would fall head over heels."

I sighed just feeling pretty upset about everything overall.

"Forget about them, I love you, I care for you, isn't that what's most important?"

"I guess…."

"Give it some thought." He kisses my forehead and says "Love you most. You can knock on my door again tonight if you can't sleep."

"Okay…." I replied, just feeling all empty inside because of everything, I just hope it gets better….