- Text Size +

July 4th 1896 - 3:35 pm

We've arrived at my mother's brown stone, in Harlem, as I ring the doorbell, since I didn't have my key any longer. Michael who's in disguise and I patiently wait for her to answer the door.

"Okay, Listen Michael there's a set of rules I want you to abide by as long as were here okay?"

Michael nods his head as his answer and I continue on

"Okay, so first off, besides myself and my mother, my family is pretty nosey and they talk allot too, so if there's anything you don't want other people to know don't tell any of my aunts or uncles or whomever is here. Just tell me okay?" I pause "Next, if they ask you about our relationship, just say were friends. Like I said, anything you say or do is being observed to the second! So you have to watch every word you say about yourself as an individual and about us and our friendship, because most will go back and tell somebody they know. and my family is really international we have family members and friends from Jamaica all the way back to Europe so this can spread fast. Otherwise regarding anything else, you can say anything, you can cuss, you can drink my family has no problem with that. Be yourself, talk about sex, that's the daily conversation in this household. Also, don't be fooled by them, they're going to appear really nice to you, and will make you believe everything I told you about them, is a lie. But don't be fooled, I am a really honest person Michael, and you have to believe that. Oh and one other thing. "

I've been interrupted, by the sound of the door opening, what I saw was my mom, I looked at the time shocked that's she's up, because usually this time of the day my mother is still sleeping, But she's up now, and is looking really pretty, all dolled up.

"Hi mommy!" we hug really tight as she begins crying in my arms, crying because she misses her daughter & nothing else, I felt her love.

"Aw Mom, don't cry..."

"I'm sorry, Kit but I'm just so happy you're back…..You're not leaving with Michael are you?" My mother asks.

When she asked me that question, I instantly felt bad for not wanting to come in the first place and wanting to leave, now I'm torn between what I want to do.

"Um….I don't know...?"

"Okay, fair enough, who's that?" My mother asks looking at the disguised Michael.

"Michael, you know he was coming with…."

"Yeah, but I wasn't expecting him coming in here looking like the exterminator." She extends her hand out to him, and says

"I'm Sharon, pleasure to meet you Michael."

"Pleasure to meet you too, Sharon." Michael replies as he walks in the brownstone, and I close our front door shut. Michael takes off all of his disguises as my mother examines me with her eyes and says

"Oh look at you, dressing all sexy, Michael must have picked out this outfit for you, huh?"

"Nope, I picked it out myself." I answered with confidence. I walk over to Michael & say

"Anyways, back to what I was telling you, don't touch me at all…"

"Why not?"

"Because…." I then get interrupted again, by a hug from behind from someone really tall.

"Kitty Cat is back home!" I heard his English accent so I knew automatically it's my Uncle Winston.

"Hi Uncle Winnie!" I replied, smiling back at him.

"How are you?"

"Couldn't be better, you?"

"Same here."

He lets go of me as I walk down the hall to see more family coming out of nowhere, I saw all of my aunts, Audrey, Colleen, Margery and a close family friend Juliet. They all scream and crowd around me and touch me all over, like I'm some kind of doll.

"Look at how big you've gotten, I'm proud, you've grown into a beautiful young miss." My aunty Margery tells me

"Aw thank you…" I replied

"You look so different from the last time I saw you, you're even wearing heels & make up. What changed?" my aunty Audrey asks

"Oh, allot."

"Going to elaborate this with us?" Audrey asks

"Maybe later…."

"Your hairstyle never changes does it?" Juliet asks

"I did change it a week ago actually, but Michael said he prefers it this way, so I decided to change it back to the way it was originally."

"Oh excuse me!" All 4 of them said at once,

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

"We were just saying…." Aunty Audrey explains with a smile on her face…

This sure will be one hell of a day….Michael walks over to me and says

"Hey, I think your uncle, likes me…."

"What do you mean by, 'like you?"

"You know, a little more than just a friend…"

"Oh Goodness, you know what! Let's go in my room and hang out for a bit."

"But don't you want to hang with your family?"

"Not that much. They talk about/with me for about 5 minutes and then it becomes an 'adult conversation'."

"You're sure they'll be like that today? Remember they haven't seen you in months now."

"They can wait!" I grab Michael's hand and lead him the way to my room, until I get bumped into one of my uncles again.

"Oh, hey, Uncle Stan." I said in surprised that I bumped into him.

"Hello, Catherine, not going to give me a hug?" I gave him a brief, hug as I walk over to the stairs, of the brown stone, I look behind and Michael isn't behind me. I walk back as I see my Uncle Stan talking to Michael. I decide to eavesdrop the conversation.

"You've been taking care of my Niecey, have you?"

"Yes, sir, were very good friends…" Michael answers

"Good now if I hear any kind of complaints about you from her Mr. Jackson, I will go to California, and I will get you. I don't care how rich and famous you are, I don't care how many security guards I have to go through, I will find you…"

"Hey, Uncle Stan, chill out, He isn't going to do anything to hurt me…" I explain to him.

"How sure are you about that? Just because he has an 'innocent' face doesn't mean he isn't somebody else in side…"

"Are you trying to cause trouble or something? Believe me when I say it, Michael loves me and I love him too. Now let him pass through, so he can hang with me, okay?"

He just moves out Michael's way, and Michael walks past comes with me up the stairs

"Sorry about that Michael, my family gets worked up over assumptions."

"It's okay, now back to the no touching thing, you just touched me, my hand."

"Yeah, what I meant by it was, just don't tickle me, or kiss me or anything they might think something of it…I don't want to give them any ideas. Okay?"

"In front of them? Or can we do it in private?"

"We can do it in private, but keep it quiet, if they hear too much activity, that can be trouble."

"Man, so many rules with your family..."

"Well, we don't want anything about us resurfacing do you? So like you told me this morning we have to keep low key on everything."

"Okay, girl."

"So here is my room." I fly open the door, as Michael and I look around it felt so weird being here, like I haven't been here in years.

"Wow this is unique…" Michael walks more into the room and saw the right side of the room plastered with posters of cats, and on the left is all Michael.

"So you like it?" I ask him.

"Yes it's great, I like the color of the room too…light blue, reminds me of the sky…"

"Or a pool..."

"Yeah a pool..." we fall on the bed at the same time, and giggle, I roll over on top of Michael and ask

"So, not a big fan of my family are you?"

"Sort of…I don't know….they seem okay so far."

"Yeah, but I see you aren't exactly a fan of my uncles."

"Nothing wrong, I understand how your uncle is overprotective of you…"

"Yeah, but he's doing it like you're my boyfriend & were dating..."

"Maybe he believes in the rumors…."

"Whatever. " I pause and say "Love you Mikey."

"Love you too!" he replies, as we slowly lean into each other and kisses. As our lips touch my room door just flies open like an emergency, interrupting us I quickly get off of Michael, annoyed I say

"Do you know manners?"

"Sorry, but I thought no one was in here, time to go downstairs for dinner."

We got up off the bed and walk downstairs; Michael walks up behind me and asks me

"Can we sit together, please?"

"Sure."

We walk down the stairs, walk by the kitchen as I saw some familiar faces, and no not family faces, I saw Brandon, this guy who's a son of a family who my family are very good friends with. He's, tall, brown skin, big eyes, and slender, he was cute. I've always admired him and had a little infatuation over him when I was 16 and younger, but I'd never go out with him. He's 32, plus he smokes weed. I'm not a fan of that. Recently since I've turned 17 he's been paying me allot of attention, and I'm sure he's here to pay me extra attention, since I turn 18 next month. He's going to be all over me.

"Hey girl! You are looking good!" Brandon says as he hugs me really tight, I felt his hands creep down to my butt. Oh Goodness, he's already making moves me. I feel like pushing him off, but I want to keep my decency for the occasion.

"Hey! Keep your hands to yourself!" Michael tells Brandon, without even knowing it actually bothered me. I let go of him and walk over to Michael.

"Thank you, how did you know, I didn't like it?"

"Because you're my girl, not his." We giggle as we sit down right next to each other and Brandon follows us, and takes a seat right next to me.

"And he just had to follow me around..." I whisper into Michael's ear.

"Who is that guy anyways? He can't be a relative…..can he?" Michael whispers back as if he's afraid of the answer.

"Oh hell no, his family is really good friends with our family and since he lives up the road, I guess he decided to come. I'll tell you more about Brandon, the guy who touched me later."

Everyone was seated, some even began eating, before prayer, my mother and aunts tried calming down the table of family and friends, there were so many people, here.

"Okay everybody! Quiet down! Quiet Down!" and everyone got quiet immediately, "Okay, how about our Kitty lead us in prayer."

"Okay." I replied, damn, now I go to hold Brandon's dirty hands, I guess I can tolerate it just for prayer time.

"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You. Amen." I let go of Brandon's and Michael's hands as I start sharing my own food out. I notice everyone's been staring at me, like I committed a crime.

"What?" I ask.

"That prayer was, rather short." my aunt explains.

"Well, what were you expecting a 2 hour long essay? I want to eat. He knows what we are thanking him for; we don't have to get into to many specifics."

"Okay, let's get to it." She replies as everyone else begins sharing out. The conversations, center Michael as I am quietly listening, and eating. As I feel something caress my leg, I knew exactly who it is, Brandon. I kick his leg, so he can get his hand off of me.

"AOW!" Brandon shouts out.

"Thank you very much." I replied sarcastically, and continued eating my food.

"Take a chill pill, Kitty." Michael says.

"Yeah I need a whole bottle full of those." I reply.

I continue eating in peace, as I feel Brandon's hand now on my thigh.

"So Kitty, how have you been, missed me?" Brandon asks, licking his lips into my face and smiling, I move my chair towards Michael and say

"I'm fine and no I didn't miss you very much."

He follows me and moves his closer to mines.

"But I've missed you so much; we need to catch up…"

"Yeah." I just said yeah trying to not cause any trouble in the dinner table, everything is going smoothly, and I don't want to be the one to fuck it up. So I continue eating, felt the hand, now leaning towards my crotch area, and right to the button on my jeans. And when I felt that I knew I couldn't take anymore. I'm going to just, lose it. I don't care. I turn to him and say

"Get The Fuck Off Me!" I get up and leave my unfinished dinner and left the dinner table and walked upstairs to my room and locked the door, I just wanted to be by myself. Until I hear a knock on there, thinking it's Michael, I open it.

"Kitty, what's wrong?" Michael asks.

"Nothing, I just want to be hugged right now."

Michael immediately hugs me, and I shut the door behind us. When I felt that hug, I felt an immediate protection and security from Michael, which I knew I was going to be okay. I just hope I don't see Brandon again.