- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I love critisim. Remember I do this you all.
More hours of almost unbearable boredom passed before it was finally time to clock out early. My hands shook with anticipation as I stamped my card. “Sam! It’s time to go”, I called to the back. Once he exited I could tell Mrs. Chung had worked him nearly to death. I was so stoked about my date tonight. I was almost unable to wrap my mind around the thought that I had a meeting with Michael Jackson, it was so far fetched.
Hugging Mrs. Chung I turned to leave the store. The sound of cars zooming by and honking their horns brought a small comfort to my already shot nerves.

I hailed a taxi and it seemed to take forever to get to my apartment. We dashed out of the cab, up the stairs and into my complex. “Oh my gosh, Sam! What am I gonna wear?”, I screamed darting to my closet. Flinging outfit after outfit on to the floor it seemed that nothing I owned could live up to the high standards for tonight. A thought struck me, awhile back I had bought a great pair or skinny jeans that were a size too small. I’d stashed in the bottom of my closet in hopes I might lose some weight and fit into them.
I prayed hard as I dug for them. Once found I flung my bottoms off and found it was a snug, but perfect fit! “Sam! What time is it?”, I yelled. A few seconds passed.. “Five! Why?”, he asked. We had just enough time for me to buy a new top. “We’re goin’ shopping!”, I replied. The limo wasn’t to be here until six and there was a store right around the corner. I already knew what I wanted, there was a tank top dressed in sequins on display in the front the other day.

I ran down to the store, when I say ‘ran’ I mean sprinted. twelve dollars and fifty cents for a freakin’ top! I couldn’t believe it. But I guess fashion isn’t cheap and right now I did not care. I grabbed a gray blazer, my white Reebok high tops and set them out. The clock read five forty five. “Ughh!”, I groaned out loud. Teasing my hair took about ten minutes and I had no choice but to go with base and mascara for makeup. All this time Sam just sat there on my couch watching cartoons.

Then my heart stopped, the buzzer went off. The limo was here, “AHHH!”, I screamed running over to the box to let them know I was on my way down. “Yes. We’re coming down”, I said very chill. Sam was still just a cool as ever, clearly he did not grasp the significance of tonight’s engagement. We sat slid into the limo, it smelt of clean leather and candy.
I understood why because across from us was a huge thing of candy. “Compliments of Mr. Jackson”, the limo driver said referring to the candy. Sam flew to the other side stuffin’ his face. “Hey! Save me some twerp!”, I said and sat next to him munching on candy. This was so cool I thought. How many girls would kill to have this spot? I adjusted my body and got comfortable for the ride.