- Text Size +

My eyes fluttered open and I blinked a few times to adjust to the darkness. I looked up at the tiny window near the ceiling and saw that it was still dark outside. I sighed and sat up slowly, running a hand through my hair. I feel drained. This whole mess is getting really difficult for me. I crawled out of bed, being careful not to wake up Prince. A loud clap of thunder interrupted my thoughts. I walked over to window and watched the streaks of lightning light up the sky. I could hear the winds hitting against the building. To be honest, I'm a little worried. Who knows how strong this structure is. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. 

"Daddy?" 

I turned to find Paris looking up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I wrapped my arm around her.

"I'm.. scared." She said, releasing a tear.

"Aww. It's okay, Princess." I kissed her head. 

"Daddy, can we talk?" 

Oh boy. "Of course baby." I brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

She went over to the wall and sat down in the floor, leaning against it. She patted the spot beside her, and I sat down next to her. "So, what's on your mind?"

She sighed. "Dad, I want to get out of here."

"Me too." I looked down.

"While you were gone, I was laying in bed, thinking." 

I narrowed my eyes. "About what?"

She bit her lip. "Well, when we were on the plane, Hank wasn't flying it right?"

I nodded my head.

"So, that means that there were pilots. There was also a flight attendant. Where are they at?" 

"You know, I never thought about that." 

She took a deep breath. "Me neither. But when he led us off the plane, nobody else got off. That means, they're either on the plane or they're.. you know.. dead." 

"So, what are you saying?" I looked at her.

"If they are still alive, we have a chance of getting out of here. We just need to find them so we can leave."

I sighed. "Baby, there's no way that would happen without Hank knowing. You could get hurt. I'm not taking that risk. It was hard enough seeing Prince get injured. I can't go through that again, Paris." 

She looked down. "What if I just let him take me, so you guys could escape?" 

My eyes widened. "What? No, no, no. That's not an option. I would rather be stuck here forever, than to let him even touch you." 

She shrugged. "I'm just gonna go back to bed." She said, standing to her feet.

I got up and kissed her cheek. "Goodnight, sweetie." 

"Night daddy." She got back in bed and I did the same. I slowly drifted off into a deep slumber.

 


 

A piercing scream awakened me and I sat straight up. The door was open and I looked over and noticed that Paris was gone. Oh no. Oh my god. I got up and ran out into the hall to find Hank dragging Paris by her hair. 

"Daddy! Daddy!" She cried. 

"Paris!" I sped over to them. "Hey! Get your hands off of my daughter!" 

He jerked around. "Shut up!" I started to reach out for him, but he put a gun to her head. "Touch me and she's dead." 

She was sobbing and it broke my heart. I hated to see my little girl cry. 

"Look, don't do this. Take me, not her." 

She gasped. "Daddy no.."

He let out a cold laugh and shook his head. "I think we both know what I can do with her, that I can't do with you." He winked.

My blood was boiling. No. No, he's not gonna lay one finger on her. I won't let that happen. He looked away for a second and I tackled him to the ground, making the gun slip out of his hand, sending it across the floor. He grunted and struggled against me. I raised my fist and punched him square in the face. He forcefully rolled us over, and swung his fist, connecting it to my jaw. I heard Paris scream and I pushed him off me, standing to my feet. I felt slightly dizzy. He grabbed me by the collar and slammed me against the wall. 

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" He punched me again.

I tasted blood, and noticed that my lip was bleeding. I was starting to see spots. I didn't realize that he had the gun in his hand again. He put it against my forehead. 

"Say goodbye to the world, King of Pop." 

I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing myself, then I heard Hank scream out in pain. I opened my eyes to see him on the ground holding his leg, with blood pouring out of it. I looked over Prince with a gun in his hand. He was shaking and breathing heavily.

"Prince?" 

He sighed. "No one hurts my dad."

I ran over to him, wrapping my arms around him. "I love you, boy."

He put down the gun. "I love you too."

"Where did you get that?" I asked him, pointing to the weapon.

"I took it with me, when I left."

I nodded. "Well, let's get out of here." 

Prince narrowed his eyes. "But dad, he's not dead." 

"No, but right now he can't walk. So let's go."

I looked over to see Blanket crying next to Paris. I went and picked him up.

"Come on kids." We walked to the front of the building. I grabbed the knob to open the door, but it wouldn't move. Dammit! It's locked. This guy is smart. 

"Dad why won't it open?" Prince asked.

"It's locked." I sighed. 

I put Blanket down and walked back over to where Hank was laying. 

"Alright, where's the key to the door?" I asked.

He laughed. "There is no key."

I gave him a confused look. "What?"

"Nobody can get in or out." He reach in his pocket and pulled out a device that looked like a remote. He pressed his thumb against the small screen. 

I stared at him. "What are you doing?"

"I just set the timer."

"The timer for what?" I started to panic.

"In an hour this place is gonna blow up." He smiled wickedly and grabbed the gun, using the back of it to smash the remote to pieces. "Now you can't stop it." 

I started breathing quickly and ran back over to my children. We have got to get out of here. Now. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Let me know what you think. :)