- Text Size +

I opened my eyes, relieved to see that he hadn't killed me in my sleep. After adjusting my eyes to the light, I noticed that everyone else was asleep. It was quiet. Really quiet. And that scared me a little. Hank was no where in sight. It was dark outside and the lights in the plane shone brightly. He shouldn't be hard to find, but I didn't want to look for the creep. Just then, he walked through the curtains. 

"Well, well, look who decided to awaken." 

I glared at him. 

"You better wipe that look off your face before I do it for you." 

I took a deep breath and looked at him. "Why are you doing this? I mean, what do you get out of this? The satisfaction of threatening three innocent children or telling one of them to hold a knife to their father?"

He chuckled. "I don't like you."

I frowned. "So you're threatening to kill all of us, because you don't like me? You're sick." 

"Yes, I am. And that makes this so much easier for me to do."

I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm going back up front. Don't go anywhere." He said.

"Right, because I was just about to jump out and fall to my death." 

He rolled his eyes and walked through the curtains. I looked beside me at Prince sleeping on my shoulder. "Prince. Son wake up." 

He opened one eye. "Yeah?" He asked.

"Sit up. I want to talk to you."

He stretched and sat up. "What's up?"

"About earlier, when he asked you to do that to me, would you have done it if he asked you to kill me?" I looked over at him and he shook his head.

"Dad, I would never ever hurt you. Even if it meant that I'd die. I wouldn't take you away from Paris and Blanket. That would be very selfish of me."

I smiled gently. "You're a good kid, you know that?"

He shrugged and smiled. "I was taught well." 

I hugged him and ruffled his hair. "Go back to sleep." I kissed the top of his head. He laid back and closed his eyes. He's such a good boy. I can't believe how mature he's gotten. My thoughts got suddenly interrupted by the lowering of the plane. I quickly sat up and turned toward my bodyguards. "Faheem! Mike! Wake up." 

They sat up with a start. "Yeah, boss?" One of them asked.

"The plane is going down. I don't know if we're about to crash or if we're gonna land." 

Paris sat up with sleepy eyes. "Daddy? What's going on?"

"Everything's fine, baby. I think we're about to land."

She rubbed her eyes. "Where at?"

"I don't know." I said looking out the window, trying to recognize the area. It was difficult, considering it was night time. We landed. Hank came through the curtains.

"Alright everybody off the plane." He pulled out his gun again. 

I stood up and noticed that Blanket was still sleeping. I walked over and picked him up in my arms. "Prince, Paris, stay behind me." The bodyguards stayed behind all of us. I stepped out of the plane with Blanket sleeping on my shoulder. All that I could see was trees. Where the hell are we? I noticed that there was sand under my feet. Maybe we're on an island. Hank lead us through the darkened woods. To be honest, I was quite terrified. Who knows what's hiding in these trees. I felt hands gripping onto the back of my jacket. I looked back, and saw the scared look on her face and put an arm around her as she walked beside me. I could see some kind of structure in the distant. As we got closer, you could clearly see the metal buliding, with stairs leading to an iron door. 

Hank looked back at us. "Get in." He said, opening the door. I hesitated. 

He glared at me. "I said get in." He raised the gun slightly. I took that as a sign that he wasn't playing around. I walked in to see what looked like the inside of an empty prison. The rooms were in the form of cells. I looked over at him confused. "Is this a prison or something?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No. Why would there be a prison on the middle of an island?" I shrugged. "This is were I keep my victims." 

My eyes widened. "Excuse me? Victims?"

"Yeah. But don't worry. They're all dead so they're not in here." He smiled wickedly.

My stomach was doing somersaults. Never in my life, have I ever thought of this happening to my children and I. This was disturbing on so many levels. 

"Okay. So three in each room." He put Paris, Blanket, and myself in one. Prince, Faheem, and Mike in another. I really didn't like being separated from my child, but I don't have a choice. The room was sealed, with a skinny, iron door. It had two beds, one on both walls. A small bathroom was in the corner. I sat down on one bed and sighed. Paris sat down next to me. 

"Daddy are we gonna die?" Her blue eyes looked up at me, filled with tears.

I kissed her forehead. "Baby girl, I'm not gonna let that happen. I promise."

"How long is he gonna keep us here?"

"I don't know, princess." She looked down. "Go get some sleep okay." I kissed her cheek and she got in the other bed. I laid down with Blanket in the same bed as me. I just stared at the ceiling. Why me, God? I've done so much good in this world. No, I can't blame God for this. Everything happens for a reason right? I just hope that there is really good reason for all of this madness. Only time will tell. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep. Awaiting, until another dreadful day wakes us all.

Chapter End Notes:

Review. :)