- Text Size +

I could feel my heart rate speeding up. I don't even know how to fly this thing in a clear sky, let alone a stormy one. I've always hated riding in a plane while it was storming. I can't imagine how scary it is to actually control the plane in a storm. 

"Dad!" Prince said, interrupting my thoughts.

I looked over at him. "Yeah?"

"Do you know how to go around it?" I shook my head.

"Prince, I can't go around it. The clouds are too large." I replied with a sigh.

He sat back in the chair, covering his face. My poor babies. God knows how scared they are. I'm scared too. I really don't want them to see the chaos that's about to happen. 

"Prince. I want you to go back there with your brother and sister. Cover up all the windows with whatever you can find. I want all of you guys in your seats and strapped in, okay?" 

"But dad, I want to stay up here with you." He protested.

I sighed. "I know. But I don't want you guys to see this. Now go, and please stay strapped in." 

He hesitated, but entered into the seating area. I watched him walk out then focused back to the clouds. Okay, so I just have to control it. And.. how do I do that? God, this is isn't easy. The raging clouds were approaching closer within seconds. With shaky hands, I turned off the auto pilot and gripped onto the steering handles. I could hear the kids in the back. God, please protect us. I held my breath as we entered the clouds. It was calm at first. Just slightly raining. Then, the lighting struck. Seconds later, thunder roared and the plane shook violently. I could hear the kids screaming. I kept praying silently as it shook again. Then, I heard a voice calling my name in panic. 

"DAD!!" Prince came running into the cockpit. 

"Prince! I told you to stay strapped in!!" 

He was out of breath. "But dad, Paris is having a panic attack!" 

Oh no. "Oh my god. Is she okay?!" I asked, still trying to control the plane. 

"I don't know, dad. She.." The plane shook harder and threw him to the floor.

"Prince!!" I yelled. 

I tried to make sure he's okay and focus on flying at the same time. I could see in the distance a small opening. 

"Prince, hold on, okay?" He nodded.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed the plane to go faster and the rocking aircraft flew through the clouds quickly. I could hear Paris screaming. I couldn't go any faster without causing us to crash. What seemed like an eternity later, we exited the storm. I wiped my forehead and exhaled deeply. I unbuckled my seatbelt and put it back on autopilot. I got up and went over to Prince, helping him up.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Yeah, but we need to go check on Paris." 

I agreed and walked through the curtains rushing over to her.

"Paris, baby. Are you okay?" I asked, grabbing her hand. 

She nodded. "I think so. Dad when are we going home?" 

I smiled. "Don't worry. The plane has a built in GPS. We'll be there in no time."


1 month later. Los Angeles, California

I woke up to the beeping of my alarm clock. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. The sun shone brightly through the windows. I got out of bed, stretching. I walked over to my closet and put on a red silk robe. I made my way out of my room and downstairs. I was greeted by one of my chefs when I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mr. Jackson." 

I smiled. "Good morning, Kai." 

"What can I do for you?" She asked. 

"I'll take a cup of coffee, please." I said, sitting down at the dining table. 

"Good morning, daddy." I heard a sleepy voice say.

I turned my head. "Good morning, Blanket. How did you sleep?" I sat him on my lap.

"Good, but I kept hearing something last night." He said, leaning against my chest. 

I frowned. "You did? What did you hear?"

He shrugged. "I couldn't tell what it was."

"Maybe, it was just your brother or sister." I assured him.

Later on that day, we went shopping and came home for dinner. Paris and Prince also said that they heard something coming from downstairs. I was starting to get a little worried. That night, I stayed awake lying in bed. I wanted to see if I heard the noise they were talking about. I waited an hour, nothing. After about 2 hours, I heard what sounded like footsteps. I sat up and listened closely. They stopped. I got out of bed and opened my door slowly. I poked my head out. There was nothing and no one in sight. I peeked downstairs, still nothing. Maybe I was worried for nothing. I decided to go to sleep. I went back to my room and got in bed.


The Next Morning. 

I was sitting in the living room watching TV, sipping my orange juice. Prince walked downstairs and sat next to me. 

"Morning." He said.

"Good morning." 

Blanket came downstairs not long after Prince did.

"Dad are we going anywhere today?" Prince asked. 

I shrugged. "It's up to you guys. What do you wanna do?"

"Can we go out to eat?" Blanket chimed in.

I chuckled "Yeah, sure if you want."

He seemed satisfied with that answer and continued watching TV. I looked upstairs and saw that Paris' door was still shut. That's odd. She's usually up by now. 

"Hey guys, I'll be right back." I headed up the stairs and knocked on her bedroom door. "Paris? 

Nothing. 

I opened it slightly. "Paris, are you awake?" Still no response. I opened it up all the way and what I saw made my heart drop all the way down to my feet...

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry for not updating in sooooo long. I've been so busy. I was hoping that I would get more reviews, but sadly I didn't. But, I would like to say that I really need to see reviews. When I see what you guys think, it gives me ideas. So please, tell me what you think. :)