O Re Piya (love takes over) by Lorry
Summary:

 



.

In the Summer of '97, Eva leaves India to move to London where she will be staying with her troublesome twin cousins, Aadesh and Adil, as well as her stern Grandma Riya. 
She meets Michael, an aspiring photographer, and they form a close bond. 
There's only one problem. 
Eva is to have an arranged marriage in one year. Her husband-to-be has a dark, cruel side which only Eva knows. 
Can Michael save her from the marriage? Will Eva's secrets from life in India catch up with her?

 

Disclaimer: I own characters and their backgrounds used in this story. Everything else belongs to their rightful owners.


Categories: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Humor, Romance, Suspense Characters: Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: Emotional Abuse, Racism
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 28 Completed: No Word count: 76487 Read: 48220 Published: Sep 24, 2017 Updated: Jan 05, 2019

1. Introduction by Lorry

2. II by Lorry

3. III by Lorry

4. IV by Lorry

5. V by Lorry

6. VI by Lorry

7. VII by Lorry

8. VIII by Lorry

9. IX by Lorry

10. X by Lorry

11. XI by Lorry

12. XII by Lorry

13. XIII by Lorry

14. XIV by Lorry

15. XV by Lorry

16. XVI by Lorry

17. XVII by Lorry

18. XVIII by Lorry

19. XIX by Lorry

20. XX by Lorry

21. XXI by Lorry

22. XXII by Lorry

23. XXIII by Lorry

24. XXIV by Lorry

25. XXV by Lorry

26. XXVI by Lorry

27. XXVII by Lorry

28. XXVIII by Lorry

Introduction by Lorry
Author's Notes:

Daadi = Grandma.

Monday 12th of April 1997,

Michael walked into class twenty minutes late. His eyes darting around to see the teacher hadn't walked in yet.

He spotted his best friend Paul sitting alone at one of the smaller tables tickling away at his camera.

Paul looked up when he heard footsteps approaching. He grinned when he saw his lanky Afro rocking friend come towards him.

"Looks who's twenty minutes oh friend of mine" He drawled out in amusement. His Yorkshire accent shining though. Michael rolling his eyes sat down next to his friend.

"I didn't miss anything by the looks of it where's Mrs. peppermint?" He asked curiously placing the bag protecting his camera on the table.

Paul shrugged his shoulders in response. He grasped the camera in his hands aiming the lenses on Michael.

Michael stuck his tongue out as Paul snapped the image and said cheerfully "another image for the scrapbook"

Michael laughed at his words knowing that the picture was going into his own private scrapbook held for memories besides he didn't mind posing for his friend. They regularly used each other’s style and imagery in the projects given in class.

Finally, the door swung open revealing their teacher. Her tangerine coloured straight locks falling just below her shoulders and a wide tooth smile brightened up her ageing features.

She dropped her bag on the table and climbed on her desk to sit cross legged staring back at the wary students.

Her sapphire blue eyes swept around taking note who of was in class.

The class stayed quiet waiting for their bizarre teacher to talk about a new assignment.

She spread her multi coloured bangle covered arms widely before smiling mischievously.

"My babies today I give you a brand-new assignment! You all will be playing with emotions of the heart. This project will last for next three weeks! I want you all to find a stranger capture their emotions in any way you can..." she continued explaining to the students.

She stopped talking and gave them a quick head start by practicing on themselves or with a classmate in class.

A few minutes later Michael and Paul grew bored of snapping each other and chose to chat amongst themselves while Mrs. Peppermint went around the class seeing what everyone had done so far.

"This project isn't exactly what I expected" Michael complained.

Paul huffed and shook his head in amusement at his friend’s typical response from their crazy teacher’s assignments.

"Well Michael ole boy that's just how she is. you should be used it" he responded grinning heartily at thoughtful expression on his friend’s face.

"Is it too late to run out of this class?" He wondered out loud placing his hand on his chin thoughtfully.

"Too late pal" Paul responded still grinning.

Michael rolled his eyes at him and went through the camera looking through the shots of Paul portraying different emotions.

Mrs. Peppermint strolled towards the pair, wordlessly the pair of friends handed their individual cameras to her. she gave their equipment back to them almost immediately. She chatted with the boys on improvements on this project and how to get it done.

Eventually the class ended to the pair of friend’s great relief. The class packed their equipment in their bags bought along and left the class one by one or with their group of friends.

Since there wasn’t any other classes for the day, the duo chose to spend the rest of the day at Paul's home. As the boys walked through the front door, they were greeted by Paul’s mother (splitting image of Paul excluding her green eyes and jet black hair) The boys stomped up to Paul’s room on the first floor to relax and listen to the radio.

Michael opened the door to his friend’s room as the light bulb automatically flickered on showcasing the glossy black and white photographs nailed to his burgundy walls. His guitar stood on its stand near his bedside. The room was clean with a few papers scattered on the wooden floor.

They sat on Paul's medium sized bed sitting across from each other chatting about photography and the latest news about any other topic that came to mind to them.

.

.

Vikram caressed his beloved’s face as she was about to enter the first-class plane. Eva looked disinterested into his beady chocolate brown eyes. Vikram couldn’t hold back the smirk from his thin lips as he gazed at his ‘trophy wife to be’ in front of him.

He gently removed his hand from her face to step back to fix his tie staring down at her.

“now I expect you to behavior yourself while you and I are apart. I won’t be gone for too long maybe a year. Kiss me” he prompted with arrogant smile bending his back to meet her height.

“yes “she responded with a tight smile before placing a feathery kiss on his smooth cheek.

“I’ll see you soon enjoy your luxury flight” Vikram mentioned standing up straight.

Eva nodded in response before she turned around to walk into the aircraft. She didn’t bother to look back at him as she was guided by a male flight assistant to her lavish seat where she sat looking out of the window.

Several hours later,

Eva Müller walked down the wide path leading out to the waiting area. She glanced around in awe at everything around her. She breathed in the smell of stale coffee and sweat mingled together.

After a helpful direction from a friendly female staff, she found the ‘way out' sign. She grasped the handle of the trolley and braced herself to stroll out of the exit.

Walking out with her trolley she felt lingering looks from curious eyes but she ignored their stares staring forward to hopefully find the twins. She remembered her mother telling her the twins would arrive in a taxi to come pick her up.

She stood waiting amongst the crowd, waiting while ignoring the lingering eyes passed by.

She stood looking around the airport until one large palm landed down on her shoulder startling her involuntarily.

"Woah! Calm down" a voice stated behind her, removing his hand from her shoulder.

"Great Aadesh you scared her with your deep and scary voice" a voice mocked behind him.

"Says you! You didn't get your puberty kick in until a week after me" he fired back smugly.

Once the ringing in her ears died down, Eva turned around to see her pair of cousins she hadn't seen in years.

 The boys before her were not exactly men yet. Their skin a rich brown with individual pairs of chestnut coloured eyes stood at least a good foot taller than her.

"Oh my you've both grown so much! so tall" she exclaimed grinning at the pair.

"We aren't babies anymore" Adil replied rolling his eyes.

 "But I'm not sure about Aadesh " he added smirking at his younger brother.

Aadesh glared at his brother but instead chose to ignore him and strolled up to his cousin to give her a big hug. His longer frame engulfing her small frame.

The hug lasted briefly before Adil give her his own version of a hug by spinning her around once before dropping her gently back to the ground. The boys helped stroll and hold a bag as they made their way to the car park.

"I'm surprised daadi allowed you both to come alone" She mentioned wittily.

"Daadi isn't too strict with us if we behave and don't get ourselves in trouble" Aadesh explained to her.

Shrugging her shoulders the trio continued to walk in silence till they passed the doors.

Eva breathed in the tasteless air sending a silent prayer that the time she spends in the UK wouldn't be something she regrets. 

 

 

End Notes:

so I'm back with a new story! I have had some help from a sister of mine (she knows who she is). and I will not drop this story like the rest of my others lol. I will be posting every sunday because I study and work during the week. so I hope you enjoy the introduction!.

Enjoy! 

II by Lorry

Same Day – In the Evening,

The trio arrived home around the evening time holding the bags in their hands as the black taxi drove off. Aadesh was holding one bag in hand shuffled though his front jeans pocket to find the house key.

He found the key and opened the front door as his brother and cousin followed him into the house. Adil closed the door behind him as Eva looked around the neatly kept house. She saw the pictures hung on the wall next to the stair case as well as the open door leading to the kitchen.

“Boys?” Grandma Riya voice yelled out from the living room.

“Yes daadi!” the brothers responded simultaneously.

Eva’s hands began to sweat in nervousness due to the sudden reunion between herself and Daadi (grandma) In the last decade. The last time she had seen Daadi was when she was a little girl.

“Now Eva let’s go meet daadi she’s been excited to meet you again after all these years” Aadesh mentioned as he slammed his palm down Eva’s shoulder.

“I don’t think she would be that happy” Adil pointed out cheekily.

Ignoring his brother’s words Aadesh stirred Eva to the front room holding her by the shoulders to their living room.

Eva tried pulling back as her younger cousin pushed forward, sadly to her dismay his strength was not a match for her and he was able to pull reluctantly.

They all strolled into the living room to see an elderly woman sitting comfortably on the sofa watching the news on TV. Her eyes looked away from the TV to see her grandchildren standing in front of her.

They all immediately walked to where she sat bending down to touch her feet in respect.

Grandma hummed lowly from the respect, the boys stood up and stepped back to watch the reunion between her and their older cousin.

Grandma Riya gazed down at the bowed head of Eva in thoughtfulness. She bought out one withered hand to cup Eva’s face. She pushed her forward to squint into her blue-green coloured doe like eyes.

Eva stared back into grandma Riya’s slim black coloured eyes noticing the many wrinkles lined around her face. She saw the spots of ageing on her spotless brown face and the still raven coloured hair packed into a simple ponytail.

Grandma Riya finished with her inspection gently pulled her hand away from her face to greet her gently.

“you haven’t changed since I last saw you child. You grew into a beautiful Indian woman! But you still have those eyes that do not belong on our people” she responded.

Eva felt the swell of gladness momentarily till she heard the last part about her heritage. Her parents had warned in her detail about the slight jabs, she would receive from time to time.

“thank you daadi it is lovely to meet you once more” she responded giving her a tight smile.

Mama and papa were right you haven’t changed one bit you’re still a bitter old woman she thought to herself irritated.

“well since you both have caught up! Daadi we can show her to her room and get her settled” Aadesh chirped in breaking the eye contact between the women.

“yes, let’s get to it … are you hungry Eva?” Adil added in wrapping his shoulder around Eva’s shoulder.

The boys wished their grandma farewell while Eva gave her a nod for goodnight. They continued to talk amongst carrying the bags up the stairs to Eva’s room where she would be settled.

.

.

After a hearty meal prepared by Eva flopped onto the soft bed gazing around the plain decoration of the room around her. She closed her eyes briefly thinking about the impending wedding that was waiting for her when her husband (to be) arrived in a year’s time.

She didn’t want to go through this arranged marriage she wanted to be back home in India with her family and friends who cared for her. She wished she could escape and run away from this mess she was in but that was only hopeful thinking.

Unknowingly She fell asleep dreaming about memories of her family and friends in India.

 

 

End Notes:

well here is the next chapter!

michael will appear soon! He won't be absent for long lol.

so what do you think of the family life so far? :)

It's a little short I promise the chapters get longer (somewhat) lol

enjoy <3 

 

III by Lorry

A few days Later,

For last hour Michael, had strolled under the heat of the sun with his trusty camera sat comfortably around his neck and equipment bags slung on his shoulder asking people around him to participate in his college project and showing his ID, no one wanted to take part by the judgmental looks he received from people.

He wiped the sweat off his sweaty brow beneath his hat feeling the heat becoming unbearable beneath the weight of the equipment.

He decided the only way to get out of the heat would head to the park that was only a few minutes away from him. He quickly sped walked to the park entrance strolling around to find a spot where he could seat and be under the shade.

To his lucky find Michael found the tallest tree next to a long river filled with a few ducks and their families swimming along the mucky water. He didn’t waste any time strolled up quickly to secure his spot. He slumped down on the cool grass mindful of his equipment on his body. He removed each bag from his shoulders including his rack sack. Once everything was removed he rubbed his tired shoulders from the excessive weight.

He grabbed his rack sag to find the bottle of cool homemade orange juice his aunt Jay always gave him to carry in his bag. He recalled her words she told him before he left the house for his second attempt this week.

“you and I both know you won’t take care when it comes to your health! Grab a bottle of my orange juice you like so much to go on your adventure of finding someone for your project. My juice never lies!”

She worried constantly over him and Janet’s wellbeing but overall, she didn’t want him collapse due to the heatwave that has rocked their town for last few weeks.

He popped the bottle lid off and jugged down the sweet tangy flavor before releasing a sigh of content.

Just as Michael was enjoying more of his beverage he didn’t notice his knee knock into his camera bag. The bag tilted to the side and slowly began to roll down heading for the lake. Michael didn’t react in time to try and grab the handle. Luckily a pair of hands grabbed the bag in time before it could roll down the hill and drop into the shallow water.

Eva sat cross legged waiting for her cousins to return from the hotdog stand a few minutes away from her. She looked down at her wristwatch now noticing it was five minutes since the twins had left and she wondered where the pair of dummies she called her cousins went off to.

It couldn’t take that long to get hot dogs could it?

At the corner of her eye Eva noticed a black bag tilt to the side and she immediately jumped into action titling her body in time to grab onto the handle of the bag with both hands.

“thank you! I thought it would be a goner!” Michael exclaimed in gratitude scurrying to where she sat.

Eva blinked in surprise to see a doe eyed teenager in front of her. His brown eyes and wide smile with the hat concealing his head of curls slightly took her back. She had never seen someone outside her family in India as dark as him.

“आपका स्वा—त है यह एक बड़ा सौदा नहीं था (your welcome it wasn’t a big deal) she replied back in Hindi presuming he was Indian by heritage.

“I’m sorry miss but I don’t understand a word you just said” Michael answered back chuckling nervously.

“oh my! I thought you were Indian I meant in my language that your welcome it was no big deal” she responded blushing slightly in embarrassment.

“it’s fine in my family there is some red Indian in my lineage” he mentioned giving her a short smile.

Now that his camera was safe from being damaged Michael now took the chance to look at the woman in front of him. she had a pair of wide eyes with azure coloured eyes and oval face. Her hair pushed by a white hairband and she wore a white dress to finish the look off.

Michael inwardly knew just from looking at her she would be perfect for his project. She had a rare face he hadn’t seen any parts of london. He just prayed she would say ‘yes’ to his favor.

“still yet again thank you for saving my camera but I wondered if you would be able to do me a small favor?” he trailed off explaining his project and showing his ID to her in case she didn’t believe he was a student.

“your saying this for a project and all I have to pose, right?” she responded eyeing him suspiciously.

“yes nothing else” Michael responded.

“no nudity or scandalous pictures?” she pressed glaring into his eyes for confirmation.

“I swear It’s nothing like that it will be all done in my collage studio and around the area” Michael answered truthfully.

Eva searched his emotions though his gaze to confirm he was telling the truth and couldn’t deny this opportunity would get her out of the house and away from grandma Riya for a few hours. Now to get the twins to take her to the collage without any arguments.

“fine” she responded in a clipped tone.

“thank you. You really saved my project I’ll make it up to you” Michael responded giving her a beaming smile.

They chatted briefly little more discussing time and meeting place for them to meet for the first photography session which would be the next day.

Michael packed up his equipment after the discussion wishing Eva a farewell before walking out of the park feeling her gaze on him as he walked away.

 

: Meanwhile...:

Adil wondered why he agreed to let his twin tag him along with his crazy plan to somehow meet his girlfriend and get some hot dogs.

Where’s the hotdogs? None in sight. Adil thought in disgust seeing his twin and girlfriend slobber over each other.

“alright lovebirds stop that! Aadesh don’t forget we’ve left Eva back there. She isn’t going to be happy we left for so long! Over ten minutes” Aahlad mentioned loudly to the couple while tapping his wristwatch impatiently.

Aadesh reluctantly pulled his lips away from his girlfriend’s lips to glare at his brother but inwardly knew he was right.

“babe we have to go I’ll call you tonight same time” he said looking down at his girlfriend Sofia before pressing a faint kiss on her forehead.

“go baby I’ll wait for your call” she answered smiling sweetly at him before glaring at his twin but Adil whistled innocently as he dragged his brother away from his girl to grab some hotdogs (at last) and return to their cousin.

Sofia turned around to walk back to join her girlfriends waiting for her elsewhere in the park.

Eva stood up from her seat on the cool grass to stand and point at her cousins in complete irritation.

“Over ten minutes! Both of you took so long what could take so long to get hotdogs?! Did-“ she nagged at the boys but was cut off by Adil quickly shoving a freshly made hotdog in her mouth to stop her ranting any further.

“hot dog for our apology cousin” Aadesh pleaded to her munching on his own hot dog.

Adil munched down his own hot dog snickering inwardly watching her pull the hot dog out of her mouth and chew properly while she gave them both a sharp glare.

They finished their induvial hot dogs to chat aimlessly till they were out of the park heading home.

.

.

Michael opened the front door eagerly almost tripping over the front carpet in his excitement luckily Uncle Roy caught his nephew in time before he tumbled to the ground injuring himself.

“whoa steady mike! What’s got your ass in an excited frizzy like a puppy like it’s on heat?” Uncle Roy asked bluntly.

“ah I found her!” Michael exclaimed happily.

“find who? what? A female?” Uncle Roy queried in confusion.

He helped Michael stand straight once more before helping to take the weighted equipment off his shoulders.

“I found someone for my project uncle and yes a female” Michael mumbled in response.

“that’s good news mike I’m surely happy that you found someone even if she’s a female” Uncle Roy smirked holding his equipment bag as the duo walked into the kitchen/dining room.

“uncle please this is only a project” Michael protested in dismay.

“Roy, can you stop teasing the boy? He has enough on his mind” Aunt Jay scolded her husband as they walked into the kitchen.

“what love? It’s my responsibility to tease the kid shit you want to me stop doing that? I won’t stop” Roy answered clearly unbothered by the scolding he received dropping Michael’s bags on the counter and headed over to his wife.

“you are impossible” she huffed at her husband.

“humph you married me for life” he smirked down at her pulling her against him as she swatted at his arm complaining about Michael watching them.

“mike is old enough woman he’ll find someone who loves him like I love you” he responded pecking her lips lightly.

Michael gazed at the open affection his uncle and aunt gave to each other wishing he’d find someone who’d love him the same way they did for each other.

“Ew why y’all gotta kiss in front of me?” A soft voice snorted breaking the family picture moment.

“Dunk how was school” Michael responded turning around to face his baby sister Janet leaning by the entrance of the kitchen wall.

Janet wore a leather jacket over her long blue baggy dress with a pair of timberlands on her feet.

“nothing special apple head did you find your dream person for your project?” she asked directing her identical eyes to her big brother.

“I did and….” He trailed off to explain the whole situation to his family who found the whole story hilarious as they chatted about it and other events of the day.

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

the pair meet at last! what did you think of their interaction? the chapters will get longer lol.

leave your feedback! see you next week ^-^

IV by Lorry

The next day,

Friday 16th April 1997.

Eva woke up to the sounds of hushed whispers from the wall next to her. She squinted trying to read what the time was on the digital clock. The time ‘9.05am’ stood out in a red neon.

She groaned at the thought of getting up from the comfort of her bed, sadly she wouldn’t be able to fall back asleep so easily.

I might as well get up no point staying in bed any longer. She thought to herself sighing.

 She carelessly threw back the bedcovers from her body and stood up shoving her feet into the black coloured slippers. She walked to the front and snatched the pastel blue robe from the wall mount on the bedroom door.

She wrapped the long fluffy robe around herself and opened the door heading towards the twins shared room. The whispering voices grew louder as she approached the closed door. She flung the door open to see the twins shuffling through their room throwing their stuff into their bags wrapped in towels from the waist below.

The twins froze expecting to see Grandma Riya at the door. They breathed a sigh of relief when they realized it was Eva at the door. They weren’t allowed to make any excessive noise because Grandma Riya detested loud noises.

“why are you both not dressed? No classes today?” Eva asked from the door.

“we are going to be late no time to talk!” Adil whispered rushing to the bathroom to hop into the shower.

“don’t stay in the shower too long!” Aadesh said banging on the closed bathroom door to his brother ignoring his horrible singing that he and Eva could clearly hear from outside.

“can I come along? I am bored at home I need to explore this wide city more!” Eva mentioned to her cousin as he was busy zipping his and Adi’s separate bags.

“what? Why? You don’t need to come with us we are in a rush enough as it is! Class starts less than an hour” Aadesh complained from his back sorting his outfit for the day going through the wardrobe after dropping the bags on Adil’s bed.

“you can leave me in the building like the gallery you mentioned yesterday please” she responded flashing a pout and puppy eyes at her cousin. Aadesh had turned around to face her when she spoke.

“fine! Be ready by the time Adil and I are downstairs. But get dressed and help Daadi till her nurse arrives” Aadesh agreed defeated by her puppy eyed look.

“Alright I’m out! Your turn” Adil said walking out of the shower rubbing his towel on his wet hair.

 Eva quickly looked away from his nudity.

“Eva is following us to college” Aadesh chimed in to his twin.

“what? Since when? ---“Adil protested to his brother.

Eva closed the door behind her not bothering to hear the twins arguing.

She didn’t waste time hopping in the shower and dress for the day. She didn’t wash her shoulder length today due to their traditional rules not to wash on specific days. (Tuesday/Friday). She rubbed oil into her scalp and ebony strands before arranging it into a high ponytail.

She carried the tray of breakfast for Grandma Riya, who was reading a prayer book with the covers up to her arms waiting for breakfast in her bedroom.

She walked steadily holding the tray to her bedroom luckily the door was opened slightly enough for her to bump her hip to push the door wider to enter.

Grandma Riya’s head looked up from her book to see Eva stroll into the room dressed nicely and she chose to speak her mind about why she was dressed so nicely.

“where are, you going dressed like that Eva?” Grandma Riya questioned pushing her reading glasses up to the bridge of her nose.

“I’m following the twins to their college” Eva explained as she carefully placed the tray next to her side and stepped back.

“you are not going with them without my permission” Grandma Riya barked coolly.

“but Daadi I can’t stay indoors all day please! I need to learn so much more about this city since I have been giving the chance to be here by Vikram” she begged sincerely to her.

“I will let you go for now because the twins are going with you but I expect you to be back by six in the evening and nothing more! Understood?” she warned in a forced tone.

“-yes Daadi” Eva stuttered in response giving her usual elderly greetings before turning around to walk out of the room.

 

“oof!” she squeaked from the sudden assault of a solid body blocking her way.

“You’re not ready!? Come on we ain’t got time get your bag and let’s go” Adil said spinning around to face her and look down to see that she didn’t have her bag.

“I’m going” Eva mumbled in response moving aside rubbing her nose as she walked to her bedroom to grab her bag sitting on the bed and leave the room.

The twins were waiting for her downstairs and the trio left the house to walk to the collage.

Now the trio of cousins finally walked into the silver front gate of the car park of the ‘Westminster Community Collage’ to Eva’s surprise. She didn’t expect the collage to be so spacious and centered all over the place.

She didn’t get the chance to truly take the time to look at the architecture trying to keep up with the boys’ speed walking into the building. She didn’t want to end up lost in this place and not be able to find her way around.

Adil stood cracking his knuckles waiting for his brother and cousin to finish at the reception desk.

Aadesh explained at the security desk that the person beside him was his cousin who was visiting for the day. Eva signed her name in the guest book and she was given a day pass ID lamented red card with a key chain holder.

Holding the pass in card she followed Aadesh’s instructions tapped the ID ion the circle. She walked through the front gate to be dragged by the twins to the art gallery a few feet away.

“Now please don’t move from this gallery cousin I and Adil are going to our separate classes now. There is an indoor café if you get hungry it’s there for you. We will both be back in at least an hour or two so that should keep you occupied. We have to persuade Daadi to getting you a pager” Aadesh addressed to her.

“I won’t get myself lost. Go you both will be late” she replied rolling her eyes at them as she walked into the art gallery.

They watched her walk into the art gallery slightly worried especially Adil who couldn’t hide his deep frown from his brother.

“why are you frowning? She will be safe Adil come on. we are already late” Aadesh reassured his twin noticing the frown planted on his identical face.

“I hope so she is type to get herself lost but you’re only saying that because you want to see your special little Spanish girlfriend” Adil replied the frown replaced by a sly smirk.

“let’s just get to class” Aadesh scoffed at his brother before the pair hugged and went their separate ways for their classes located in separate buildings.

Eva stood in the middle of the spacious gallery feeling slightly lost on where to start off with. She decided the A1 sized acrylic painting would be the first step.

 

Praying I won’t get lost she thought to herself warily.

Facing the direction of the canvas art she strolled into the section admiring the artistic approaches she viewed in the strokes and vibrant colours created on the several canvases. She continued onwards walking in and out of the other sections till she was stopped by an elegant piece of art hung up on the wall.

Michael strolled inside the gallery snapping a few unexpected pictures of people who were admiring the art of the current students displayed on the walls of the gallery. He had waited for Eva to appear around one clock. Sadly, she hadn’t appeared to his great disappointment. He chose to leave the spot and try his luck at the gallery maybe to find someone else that would be a good replacement.

 As Michael continued his stroll he spotted the side view of a young woman standing near a painting gazing lost in thought. He didn’t waste time to capture the moment from where he stood.

 

Click!~

The sound of a camera click forced Eva out of her jumbled thoughts to notice Michael standing with his camera around his neck. His eyes expressing his disapproval.

“hello Eva did you forget about our meeting today?” Michael said with a hint of irritation laced in his cool tone.

“I am so sorry I completely forget that was today --” she gasped in remembering the discussion they had the day before.

“it’s perfectly fine I’ll find someone else” Michael cut in before she could apologize. He made a fast U-turn and began to walk away.

 

Eva felt the rush of regret wash over because of the silly mistake she made forgetting to help Michael. She grabbed his sleeve before he could walk too far from her. Michael froze when he felt her small hand on his arm and looked down into her azure coloured eyes.

“Michael I’m sorry for my forgetfulness! This was not intentional of me to leave you waiting I am still willing to be your model” she pleaded apologetically to him.

 

Michael sighed inwardly cursing his soft heart and wayward way of forgiving someone who did him wrong.

Eva held her breath waiting for his reply seeing the thoughtful expression lost in his thoughts momentarily.

“I forgive you but please next time maybe you can page me instead to tell me if you will be late or not be able to make it that day” he replied.

“thank you! Should we move somewhere else?” she breathed out in gratitude removing her hand away from him and stepping back.

“sure” Michael answered in a monotone tone.

He turned around to head out of the gallery hearing the footsteps of Eva behind him as they walked away from the gallery. He slowed down his strides so that she would be able to match his pace.

A cloud of awkward silence fell between the pair strolling past the other rooms till they stopped in front of a studio door labelled ‘Photography studio’ in black bold writing.

Michael opened the door with the key he had in his hand and stepped inside opening the door for Eva to walk in. Once she was inside he locked the door behind her before they walked further into the studio hall till they were inside.

Eva looked around to see a few chairs scattered around the empty studio.

“I remember you had some red Indian blood in you the day we met” she mentioned nervously hoping the question would start a conversation.

“yes, I have Choctaw blood in my family ... from what my father told me when I was a child” he replied before continuing to shuffle to get the equipment out of their bags.

Eva sighed softly knowing he didn’t want to further the conversation, instead she fiddled with her pony tail to waste the time, noticing the knots in her ponytail.

 

When did these knots appear? I thought I had done combed my hair properly! --- she thought to herself before she was cut off by Michael calling her back to the present.

She blinked owlishly to see Michael equipped with a camera he wore around his neck, he held the camera in hands as he waited for Eva to get into position.

 

“I have my old polaroid camera. I’ll be using it to start the shoot off for today and we can move on to another camera day. miss I’m ready if you want to start” Michael said.

 

“sure let’s get that started what would you want me to do” she replied.

“anything that comes to your mind” Michael responded shrugging his shoulders.

Eva wasn’t exactly a photographic person so she chose the first pose that came to mind. She shuffled her left leg weight to the right while crossing her arms loosely against her chest with a blank stare directed at the camera.

Michael wasn’t pleased with what she gave him from the first pose.  He huffed before lowering the camera lens from his face to give her a forced smile.

“um this pose isn’t exactly what I expected” he replied sheepish.

“what pose do you expect from me? I am not exactly familiar with model poses” Eva replied with a raised eyebrow.

why I do get the feeling this is going to take some time to get something tangible out of this girl? Michael thought to himself wary.

Michael sighed quietly before he let go of his camera to stroll towards her and help adjust her.

This was completely awkward for the pair on a first touch base but Michael ignored the feeling. With a gentle touch, he arranged her arms forward, one arm in her hair and the other on her hip tilting her head to meet her hand.

“there” Michael said in triumphant stepping back to gaze at the pose Eva now held in front of him,

“I don’t feel exactly comfortable” Eva blurted out feeling the slight strain in her muscles from the unfamiliar position.

“could you stay like that then afterwards I’ll instruct you how to do it again” Michael replied before going back into position.

Eva stayed in position patiently as Michael snapped away at different angles before instructing her how to achieve the pose once more. This was attempted multiple times before Michael couldn’t contain the laughter he had held in watching her try to get the pose down.

“why are you laughing?” she hissed at him annoyed by his constant laughter.

Michael’s peals of laughter died down to a few high-pitched chuckles till he could speak once more now giving her a small grin in return as he opened his mouth to say “your posture is too funny how about smiling in a relaxed manner?”

Eva didn’t find this funny at all but she chose to comply as he was the photographer and she was his model. She changed her mouth movement to a sneer making Michael chuckle even more at the expression.

Eva seeing the pure laughter on his face decided once more to pull another expression but this time grinning widely with all teeth showing, once again seeing the peel of laughter erupt from Michael. She couldn’t help but join in the infectious laughter.

Their combined laughter died down and the photoshoot continued with Michael adjusting Eva into different poses till he decided that it was a wrap for the day.

Before the shoot for the day ended Michael coaxed her into one last picture of them making silly faces at the camera.

The duo stood standing side by side holding the pile of pictures so far from the short photo shoot.

“I didn’t know I was so photogenic” Eva commented in complete admiration. Her eyes swept through each image.

“you do have the looks for it. I thought you were a model yesterday when I saw you” Michael replied looking up to lock gazes with a glaring Eva.

“don’t be mad how about you keep the picture we took together” Michael said as he held the photo in his hand.

 

“really?! Thank you” she beamed to him as he handed over the photograph to her. She dropped the rest of the pictures on the pile next to her feet. She opened her bag to find her notebook. She found the book and placed it in between the pages to keep it safe. After doing so she picked up the pictures to continue looking though them.

 

 “what is the time?” she asked curiously.

Shuffling the pictures to one hand Michael glanced down at his wrist watch and told her the time was past four ‘o’clock.

“past four?!” she yelled in horror realizing she had been with him for over an hour and she hadn’t bothered to inform her cousins where she was.

Michael didn’t know how to calm the distressed Eva who kept mumbling in a mix of English and Hindi about something about twins and boys.

“please calm down Eva what can I do to help you?” Michael said in a gentle tone in hopes she would calm down.

“please take me back to the gallery” she pleaded breathless to him.

Michael didn’t question her distress sensing something was up but it wasn’t his business to ask. Wordlessly he packed his equipment quickly and lead Eva out of the room not forgetting to lock the door behind him.

They speed walked back in the direction of the art gallery without any discussion.

Aadesh and Adil had searched the entire gallery including outside but coming short. The brothers worried sick wondering where their older cousin could be located.

“you said not to be worried Adil! Look where she’s ran off to! We should have just dragged her to class with us instead!” Aadesh accused his brother.

“look I didn’t expect her to run off on her own alright! Beside she must be in this damn building aadesh---look she’s over there” Adil spat at his brother, stopped his rant when he saw her from the corner of his eye, standing with some black man next to her.

 

“EVA!” the twins yelled together rushing forward to where she stood next to Michael.

“where have you been –“Aadesh fired off.

“—we were worried! Where did you run off to!”  Adil retorted.

Eva chuckled nervously at the twin glares she was receiving from her younger cousins, before she had the chance to speak Michael jumped in.

“I’m sorry for taking your eh friend away? She was helping me out with a project” Michael apologized to the brothers.

“who the hell are you?” Adil asked rudely now focusing his gaze on Michael.

“ADIL!” Eva scolded her cousin appalled at his rude behavior towards Michael.

“what my brother is meant to say sir. Thank you for finding our wayward cousin we should be going now” Aadesh replied as he used his arm to nudge his brother in the ribs.

“I don’t mind dropping her home it’s my fault she had you both worried” Michael answered kindly.

“no that is not needed, we are already late as it is thanks” Aadesh politely in response.

Eva sensing that it was her cue to leave Michael’s side gave him a short smile before stepping to stand by Aadesh’s side.

Michael returned the same smile as he watched the trio walk away but he realized a little too late he hadn’t asked for Eva’s pager number to get in contact with her.

Shit! I didn’t grab her number before she left! I wonder if one of the twins’ number is in the college system. I should go back and ask. Michael thought to himself. He turned around facing the other direction to find out in the security office before looking for Paul (hopefully) without his harem by his side.

:. An hour later :.

The trio arriving home at 6.30pm hoping that Daadi was asleep and not waiting for them to come home. Eva ignored the sweat pooling on her palms on the possibility that Daadi could be asleep or awake waiting for them.

Before they had arrived home the twins and Eva had shared a slightly heated conversation about her spending time with a non-Indian man who could easily lead anyone finding about this ‘project’ to gossip and spin tales that were not necessary.

Eva defended her actions claiming what she was doing was pure and nothing was being gained from it.

 

He was a student like them and she wasn’t doing any harm by helping him. Adil couldn’t help being hypocritical but towards the end of the conversation knowing what his brother was doing behind their families back, held his tongue. Aadesh let it go knowing it was pointless to try and stop her.

They trotted quietly into the home in hopes of not waking Daadi and went their separate ways. The twins went into their rooms to change. After changing went downstairs to find any leftover food from dinner the night before.

Eva tip toed past daadi’s room like a robber on the run till she froze when she heard the cool voice of Daadi call out to her from the ajar door.

 

“Eva?”

Eva grinded her teeth as she breathed though her nose to try and slow the pounding of her heart but it didn’t stop it from banging against her chest. She squared her shoulders in preparation to face Daadi.

She turned around to face the door and with a slow in take she opened the door to walk into her room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

a longer chapter for you all! Lol.

Enjoy!

V by Lorry

 Eva walked into the room scared inwardly at what she was about to face with Daadi.  The look she received from Daadi was of disappointment and anger.

 

Before Eva had a chance to explain about her lateness Daadi had fired off with accusations and questions that left her astounded.

 

“where have you been! You promised me to back by 6 this evening and it is now to seven”

 

“how dare you disobey me. You are just like your mother disobeying my orders time and time again with the same attitude and behavior! Mother like daughter”

 

“I should have never allowed you to go out on my permission! What do you have to say for yourself Eva!” she finished in a barking tone.

“D-a-adi it wasn’t my fault that I was late! I was signing up for a new class! I wanted to try a fine art class” she replied stuttering slightly.

 

“your stuttering child! Are you lying to me” Daadi barked sharply instantly noticing the slight stutter.

She is so sharp I should make sure this lie becomes a reality.

Eva thought warily still sharing eye contact with Daadi.

“I’m sorry Daadi I will not be late again maybe one of those pagers the boys could kept you updated when I am at school?” she apologized to Daadi inwardly hoping that she would accept it and move on.

“you are forgiven child and I do not know what those modern technologies you are talking about. nonetheless I expect better behavior. you will wake up early to finish the house chores do you understand me?” Daadi commanded in a strict tone.

“yes, Daadi I understand” Eva replied obediently before dropping into the usual respectful pose and turned around to walk out of the room.

Before she opened the door, she was stopped by the words of Daadi.

 

“you won’t be using that education for anything useful remember that child. Remember your place with him”

 

Eva breathed in a shallow breath before she opened the door leaving the room heading to her room.

 

She walked into her room switching the light on before she stepped further into the room to get her hair ready for the night. Now sat crossed legged brushing the strand by strand gently to get rid of any hidden knots. As she was brushing she couldn’t stop thinking about the predicament she was in and how she wished there was a way out.

 

It didn’t take long for her to finish brushing her hair before putting it into a messy bun for the night.

 

She rubbed circles on her temple trying to calm down the chaotic thoughts running though her mind. till she remembered the amazing day she had with Michael. She couldn’t stop the small grin tugging on her lips from what she experienced during the day.  

 

I wonder what else he has for me in store for me?

She wondered briefly before the rumbling sound from her stomach interrupted her thoughts.

 

She uncrossed her legs standing up from the bed, to get some food from the kitchen hoping that the twins hadn’t eaten the remainder of the food. She remembered the picture Michael had given her from the shoot and thought it should be framed.

 

She went to her small cupboard and found an old battered blue frame. The ends cracked slightly from old use. She slid the picture into the frame and found it didn’t exactly fit inside the frame. She gently placed it next to the lamp on her table and left the room to find dinner and spend some time with the twins before going to bed.

 

.

.

.

 

 

  :. Sunday 18th April 1997:.

 

Eva woke up bright and early to her chagrin to get up and do the chores that she missed the day before. She thought she shouldn’t be alone to clean up the home chose to wake up the boys. They groaned sleepily but eventually got up from bed to help clean the home.

 

Around twenty minutes past eleven in the morning the entire home had been cleaned from top to bottom making sure everything was spotless and clean for Daadi. She inspected every inch they cleaned. The trio breathed a sigh of relief when she approved and now were left to do what they please for the rest of the day.

 

The twins and Eva sat together on Aadesh’s bed discussing different approach for dinner that they hadn’t done in quite some time.

 

“how about making my favorite dish?? Lamb curry?” Adil suggested to the look of disgust on Aadesh and Eva’s faces.

 

“when are, you going to give up this vegetation life style bro? your food choices are getting more ridiculous” Aadesh replied his lips curling in disgust at his suggestion.

 

 “what? It’s healthy and I don’t hound you when it comes to your fatty and meaty juices when you eat your sandwiches” Adil scoffed at his brother rolling his eyes.

 

“before you both jump into a discussion how about I make some dishes from home that I know you both haven’t tried? I’ll make it a surprise” Eva responded with a cheeky grin.

 

“surprise us Eva I can’t wait to try what you bring this evening” Adil replied licking his lips in anticipation of the food she would cook for dinner.

 

“I bet there will be meat bro which you will happily munch on” Aadesh added in smirking smugly at his brother. He received a scowl from Adil.

 

“alright I’ll go get the money from Daadi Riya and we can go” Eva responded clapping her hands to close the conversation.

 

The brothers nodded at the same time watching walk out of her the room before chatting about Adil’s diet choices but that didn’t last long, when Eva walked back into the room with the money in her purse and bag in hand.

 

The trio left the home but not without telling Daadi their plans luckily, she approved and reminded them to arrive back on time. The trio continued to walk through the park to get to the Indian supermarket across the park where the twins usually bought their groceries from.

 

The trio had almost walked to out of the park when they heard shouts behind telling them to stop.

They spun around to their bewilderment to see Michael strolling towards them.

 

“hello again I didn’t know your names I was wondering If I could burrow Eva for a few hours for my project?” Michael greeted them sheepishly.

 

The brothers shared a look comminuting their thoughts. They broke eye contact to sigh in union knowing this wasn’t a good idea.

 

“alright fine you can look but make you sure you bring her back by 4.30 because you don’t how much trouble you got all of us in thanks to your so-called project dude and bring her back here” Aadesh answered in a serious tone to Michael.

 

“by the way our names are Adil and Aadesh remember that afro dude we have our eyes on you” Adil bluntly answered.

 

“BOYS!” Eva chided clearly unimpressed.

 

“I am sorry and don’t worry I’ll keep to the time this time Adil and Aadesh” Michael replied politely to the boys.

 

“alright Eva we are off to do some errands for ourselves---“Aadesh responded before he was cut off by the fake coughs from Adil.

 

“going to see his girl cough”

 

“oh, Adil are you feeling sick? Let’s go to the doctors, shall we? We shall see you later Eva” Aadesh answered in a sarcastic tone wishing farewell to his cousin and Michael as he dragged his brother away under his armpit ignoring the gags of air Adil was trying to inhale away from his brother’s armpit.

 

“well that was certainly entertaining” Michael chuckled watching the pair of brothers walk away.

 

“I don’t why I bother with those two sometimes” Eva replied sighing.

 

“now we are alone how about we get started on the photoshoot unless your busy?” Michael questioned focusing his gaze on Eva.

 

“I can’t exactly do it now Michael since we are short on time and I still need to get to the Indian supermarket to buy some food for dinner tonight. What other days are you off?” Eva responded apologetically.

 

“I’m off usually Wednesday and Friday will that be fine with you? It’s fine you don’t have time today. I have enough evidence to show for critic day on Monday … is it possible if I could come with you? So maybe I can take some pictures of you in your element. Is that fine with you?” Michael asked.

 

Eva was taken back by his willingness to come along and couldn’t help but blunt out “won’t you be out of your element coming with me?”

 

“are you implying I am not dark enough to pass off Indian heritage” Michael mocked with one eyebrow raised, staring down at her with his chocolate brown bambi like eyes.

 

“what? No! I didn’t mean it in that way” Eva protested weakly.

 

“please calm down Eva I was only joking besides I don’t mind the stares. I get enough of them daily with my friend Paul when we are together” Michael responded with a light chuckle.

 

Eva gave him an annoyed glare before she twirled around to walk straight to the back gates of the park hearing Michael’s fast footsteps behind her.

 

The duo left the park behind them as they crossed the road as the streetlight blinked a jade green signaling them that it was safe to cross.

 

Once on the other side they continued chat more walking ahead to the street where they were surrounded by many stales of fruit, meat, and clothes tailored to the Indian community. The pair ignored the curious stares from people around them as they moved on wards. The smells of spices and chilies reminded Eva of home but she wasn’t here to mourn her lost but chose to push the memories to the back of her mind and focus on the task at hand.

 

The pair stopped in front of the two-sided glass doors of the supermarket.  

 

“now before we step inside Michael are you sure you want to do this?” Eva questioned soberly hinting at the chance for Michael to escape and go home.


“I want to learn what your world is like. Your world sounds so interesting” he responded in a determined voice.

 

“fine” Eva replied in a defeated tone.

 

She pushed the door open to walk into the air-conditioned store to see a bearded man in his late forties look up from his counter to see a new customer.

 

His beady eyes blinked in surprise once he saw her but didn’t do anything. He chose to finish his current task (sorting out the bills).

 

Eva stepped further into the supermarket smelling several flavors all at once. It was a pleasant smell as her eyes swept across the neatly stocked area. She saw the signs of food above each section. She saw the multicolored rows of fruits, vegetables and so forth.

 

“I have a basket! Shall we get started?” Michael chirped snapping Eva out of her thoughts.

 

“uh yes we should” she responded seeing him holding a basket in one hand.

 

The pair strolled into the fruit and vegetable section first.

These oranges look good what do you think?" Eva asked Michael holding a ripe orange in hand. 

 

"Heh it looks ripe enough" Michael responded. 

 

"That's perfect. I'll buy four so the boys will eat them. They need to eat more fruit" she replied as she gathered more of the oranges in her hand and dropped it into the basket. 

 

"I know the boys are your cousins but why do you treat them like they are babies?" Michael asked curiously as they walked past the fruit aisle ignoring the looks from other customers.

 

They wondered off into the masala section (spices) as they walked Eva explained why. 

 

"Well they are kids in almost adult sized bodies and I can't help but make sure they eat properly" she replied facing him with a short smile.

 

"It's nice to see you care and it's another trait I'm learning about you" Michael responded with a smile in return. 

 

"Thank you I do try to look out for them" she responded. 

 

"How can you tell the difference between them?" Michael wondered. 

 

"Well Adil is the jokey, happy twin while Aadesh is the serious and responsible twin but like yin and yang they balance each other out. I'm just glad Adil is there to get Aadesh out of his shell but it does feel they are plotting something" she responded with a thoughtful look.

 

"That's amazing I can never tell difference in twins especially my cousins from my mother's side" Michael answered with a wince at the end of his sentence. 

 

Eva noticed his wince but chose to not ask any questions because it was none of her business. So, the pair continued further into the masala section. Eva was appealed by the ridiculous prices.

 

“how is this bottle of coriander six pounds? In India, this is cheaper” Eva complained in disgust returning the bottle back to the shelf.

 

“my aunt would agree with you Eva. She’s always complaining about the prices of spices” Michael chuckled amused by her complaint.

 

“your aunty sounds like a great woman” Eva replied.

 

“she sure is” Michael replied smiling warmly at Eva. He always felt a swell of love and pride for his wonderful aunty who loved him and Janet unconditionally.

 

“why don’t you let me carry the basket for a moment and then you can take a few pictures of me while I walk away and find some more things?” Eva suggested to Michael.

 

“that’s perfect but I won’t let you carry it for too long” Michael joked. It was becoming easier for him to joke with her as time went by.

 

Eva rolled her eyes at him before taking the handle from his hand ignoring his warmth. She held it in one hand as she walked away further down into the section drifting into the meat section.

 

She heard Michael’s footsteps two feet away from where she stood near the meat section. She shivered due to the chilly breeze emitted from the freezers. She strolled past each part till she found the chicken section. She grabbed the frozen bag of chicken breasts and dropped it into her cart.

 

As she was about to leave the section she saw a man across the freezer a foot away looking slightly lost and confused. When the man heard her approaching footsteps, he looked up and saw her. she locked gazes with a blue-eyed, brown haired man.

 

The young man immediately strolled up to meet her in a hurried speed walk till he stood in front of her.

 

“excuse me miss! I need your help with something----“he said before he was cut off by Eva.

 

You have wrong person eh sir. I don’t work here”

“are you sure? You look like you work here” he replied hinting at her clothing and accent.

“don’t just assume I work here because of my clothing or accent” Eva replied coolly.

“well it doesn’t matter I still need your help” he replied.

“look sir I have other plans to get done.” Eva responded with a tight smile before stepping back to turn around and walk away from this arrogant fool.

“now just wait – “the man said grabbing her wrist suddenly.

Now Michael had been watching from where he stood a few feet away didn’t like the arrogant attitude from the taller man. He quickly approached the pair pulling the taller man’s hand away from Eva’s wrist.

 

“what are you doing here negro?! You shouldn’t interfere in my business” the man sneered at the sudden appearance of Michael.

 

“you can call me whatever you want but I’m still free in this country. I suggest you back off my friend and pretend this confrontation never happened” Michael replied icily.

 

Their eyes clashed in dominance but luckily the man backed down sneering at Eva and Michael as he made a u turn walking away in another direction.

 

“thanks for saving me Michael. I didn’t know what that man was thinking that I work here” she replied in gratitude.

 

“your welcome Eva. Any woman shouldn’t have to be harassed by some punk but let’s go it’s almost time for me to drop you back with the twins” Michael replied as he looked down at his wrist watch.

 

Eva nodded in agreement and the pair walked out of the freezer section into the checkout section where rows of cashiers sat waiting.

 

After paying for the items Michael helped Eva carry two bags as they headed to the entrance. Just as they were approaching the exit door. they were stopped (yet again) by an elderly Indian woman.

 

The elderly woman immediately started speaking in Hindi to Eva.

 

“child! Why are you with this black man? Your family will not be happy with this including Riya” she scolded Eva who honestly didn’t want to deal with this woman.

 

 “he is doing nothing please don’t tell anyone” Eva pleaded to her in regards.

 

“fine I will not say a word but I recommend you don’t let this interaction continue further next time I see you I hope it doesn’t happen again” she replied strictly.

 

She gave a stiff farewell to the pair as she walked out of the entrance to find her parked car.

 

“what was she saying?” Michael inquired.

“she said I shouldn’t allow you to carry all these bags” Eva lied with a fake grin.

 

“I would have carried them all if you allowed me” Michael replied nonchalantly.

They strolled out of the supermarket heading back to the park where the twins stood waiting.

 

“wow on time we should threaten you guys more often” Adil gasped in mock horror.

 

“ignoring my brother thanks for not being late afro dude” Aadesh replied unware he had adopted the new nickname for Michael.

 

“your welcome I’ll see you some other time Eva” Michael responded to the twins as well-wishing Eva farewell and dropping the shopping bags to the floor gently.

 

Michael dusted himself off and started to walk away in the direction of his home. The trio picked up the rest of the bags to return home to get the food ready for dinner.

 

End Notes:

so my updating pace changed lol. so you should expect an update friday or sunday from now. 

here's the next chapter!
Enjoy :D

VI by Lorry

.: The night before (Monday night).: (19th of April 1997)

 

Michael and Paul sat side by side after the hearty meal they had enjoyed during the dinner Aunt Jay had cooked for the night.

 

"Now Paul please don't bring your harem when I introduce you to my model" Michael begged his tea sipping friend currently gulping his herbal tea.

 

"Oh, the girl that Mrs peppermint couldn't stop raving about today? Why would I do such a thing?" Paul said sceptical after taking another gulp from his tea. 

 

"If you don't bring your harem I will buy you Starbucks pumpkin tea for a month" Michael bargained to his friend.

 

"You have a deal now pal have you heard about the latest...?" Paul agreed but swiftly changed the subject to a new trend he'd heard from his connections. 

 

:. The next day :..

 

"Now Eva I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine from my class. He's a childhood friend too" Michael said to Eva as they walked further into the collage park. Once they found a tree to sit under comfortably.

 

"Oh, what's he like?" Eva asked.

 

"Well---" Michael began before he was cut off by Paul's voice. 

 

"The man of the hour is right here" Paul announced with a flock of women on his arms. 

 

"You promised Paul" Michael accused his friend.

"You didn't say when we were meeting so I did my thing and came back to see you both. I didn't break our bargain. Now ladies shoo I'll see you all later" Paul replied to Michael before dismissing his harem.

Eva sat flabbergasted by the number of women he had on his arms and wondered how he could have that many women.

 

The ladies kissed various parts on his smooth skin leaving lip stains before detaching themselves one by one.

 

"I'm free! Ah! You’re the famous Eva and I agree with my boy here that you are indeed remarkably beautiful. Paul McCartney" Paul said as he shuffled through his front pockets to find his handkerchief. Finding it he wiped off the marks off his forehead, cheeks and chin.

 

"H-how are you able to have that many women?" Eva blurted out. 

 

"It's simple I'm just that kind of guy. Also, surprised my comment of your beauty has slipped over your head" Paul mentioned grinning cheekily as he watched Eva’s cheeks redden.

 

Michael had kept his silence watching his friend and Eva react to each other. Quite frankly he was glad they were getting along. 

 

"Now before you try to get Eva to join your cult Paul. How's your project going" Michael chipped in. 

 

"I would never take your girlfriend whoops I mean model away from you my project is going fine" Paul replied innocently. 

 

"Paul!" Michael scolded.

 

"Michael is slowly becoming a good friend but he will never be my boyfriend" Eva responded to the astonishment of Paul and Michael. 

 

Her statement bought in a tense silence that Paul hoped would break the silence.

 

"So, Eva you heard about this show called Kenan and kel?" he questioned changing the subject. 

 

“no I haven’t heard of it”

 

“what? How about…” Paul gasped in shock before listing off more shows.

 

“sister sister?”

 

“no

 

“freaks and geeks”

 

“eh no?”

“the breakfast club?”

 

“I still don’t know what these shows are” Eva replied on a confused tone.             

 

For the next thirty minutes the pair of friends explained some of the films and tv shows they had watched together in detail arguing back and forth about plot, character and visual effects to the confusion of Eva. She listened quietly to their arguments.

 

“well my dear that is terrible to hear I’ll have to bring my collection over to Michael’s place when I visit next time? Perhaps you’ll be there?” Paul replied with a sly wink.

 

“Paul I do believe I hear your girls calling for you” Michael added in saving Eva from any further embarrassment.

 

“I do hear some mewing. I’ll let you lovebirds finish whatever you’re doing and leave you both be. Still a pleasure to meet you Eva” Paul replied sensing his presence wasn’t needed any further, decided to place a soft kiss on Eva’s hand. Afterwards he turned around and walked away to find his harem waiting not too far from where they had been sat.

 

Michael and Eva chatted a little longer as the pair were getting more comfortable in each other’s presence. Eventually they left the safety of the shade under the tree and went inside the collage building for lunch.

 

:. In the evening :.

 

"Well it was certainly an interesting day" Paul pipped in sipping another jug of tea in hand. 

 

"It was, what do you think of her buddy?" Michael asked his friend.

 

"She is quite intelligent and shy but I believe she's a firecracker under all of it. She's someone you won't want to mess with" Paul answered wisely. 

 

"Tea only gets you this intelligent" Michael scoffed but inwardly agreed with his statement. 

 

"Are you saying tea gives me my intelligence? For shame oh friend of mine" Paul tutted at his friend wagging his finger in a mocking way.

 

“well---“Michael was about to respond till he was cut off by the door opening to reveal none other than uncle Roy.

“well boys don’t forget the premier league is on in a few minutes and I believe Paul boy you owe some money” Uncle Roy said with a roguish smile.

“oh, uncle Roy you are surely mistaken. I feel very lucky tonight don’t you think so mike?” Paul said with a wide grin at uncle Roy. He turned his head around to face Michael who only scoffed.

“I believe Uncle Roy has this bet down Paul” Michael chipped in.

“well oh ye of little faith we shall see” Paul counted with a grin behind his jug of tea.

“I want your boney asses out in a few minutes— “

ROY!”  Aunt Jay’s cut him off with an annoyed yell from the living room.

“come down snacks are ready” Uncle Roy sighed before closing the door.

The friends still heard his quiet mumble as he closed the door.

‘Damn woman has bat ears all over this fucking home’

“you heard the man buddy let’s get our boney asses up” Paul said imitating uncle Roy’s raspy voice.

Michael rolled his eyes at his failed attempt. The duo stood up individually from the bed and left the comfort of Michael’s room to join the rest of the family.

 

Sadly, after the game Paul was left to sulk and complain about his lose to the glee of uncle Roy and Michael’s sniggering. While the ladies rolled their eyes, chuckled at Paul’s sadden expression. They continued to banter back and forth teasing Paul to his dismay as he ignored them in favor of watching the Tv.

 

 

End Notes:

oh Paul -sigh-. I hope you enjoyed more interactions between micheal, paul and Eva lol. I'm a little late (whoops)

 Enjoy! :D

VII by Lorry

:. Three days later :.

.: Friday 24th of April 1997 :.

During the last three days Eva, had been busy sorting out the papers needed to enroll into the collage to start her chosen course. She was enrolled and ready by Thursday afternoon. Mid-morning, she had been photographed for her collage photo ID and received it that morning. It was a huge relief to the Indian based young woman to know her lie was now reality.

But It hadn’t stopped Daadi from nagging and rebuking her choice of studying with snarky comments.

you won’t need this course child!  You need to be home and be ready instead of going for those new courses!”

“at least the boys can watch your behavior in my absence!”

“troublesome child, just like your father who loved his education more than getting a job. Disgrace”

Eva wished she had the power to block the snarky remarks from Daadi Riya. She wished could retort with an equally snappy line but nonetheless she always remembered she couldn’t do it out of respect for her.

Luckily for Eva, Daadi had decided to spend a few days with her younger sister who lived in Shepherd’s Bush next to the well-known large shopping complex. The trio were relieved to have some freedom from her even if it was temporary.

Eva woke up bright and early for her class today leaving the home with the twins for the first lesson with some art materials she bought from a local art shop nearby.

It was around past one clock when Eva sat with Michael by her side as they discussed her first class and the people she’d spoken to during the class under the shade of a tree somewhere in the collage park.

“it wasn’t a bad class but the teacher couldn’t stop talking about this artist called Van Gogh! He kept pointing me out that my eyes were colour of one of his paintings” Eva complained to the amusement of Michael.

“was it a painting called Irises? Blue flowers?” he inquired.

“yes, it was! You know about it?” she responded surprised he knew.

“apart from photography I have a passion for painting but as you can see photography was a stronger pull” Michael pointed out with a grin.

 

“I can’t exactly see you painting Michael. Imagine all the paint that could get in your hair!” she responded with a cheeky grin.

“it wouldn’t be so hard to get out of my hair besides I can easily get it cornrowed in case” Michael responded chuckling.

“oh, I didn’t know your hair could do all that. It’s just all so much” she responded eyeing his thick masses of tight coils on top of his head.

“I’m glad you like my hair so much since our current topic has changed from art---” Michael was cut off by the sudden feel of Eva’s hand in his hair. She caressed his curly mane. She couldn’t help but be marveled by how tight his curls were but so soft.

“how did you look after all this hair? Doesn’t washing it take a lot of time?” she asked as she continued to caress his hair.

“it takes me a few hours to get my hair washed out and cleaned. It takes even longer for my hair to dry”

He replied with his eyes closed.

“how long does it take to dry?” she inquired.

“well if I tend to wash my hair day in the late afternoon. It won’t be dry till the next day” Michael responded.

“that long! I thought my hair took a while to dry” Eva exclaimed as she slowly removed her hand out of his hair.

“it’s a long task I’m thinking of cutting it one of these days but my aunt jay won’t allow me” he answered with a sigh.

“how do they cornrow all your hair?” she questioned.

“well it’s a long task they spilt my hair usually into four or six buns and….” Michael explained for next few minutes. As he explained Eva couldn’t hold the urge back once more to caress his hair once more.

“don’t pull” Michael crooned jokily from her light touches on his hair. He could get used to her hands playing in his hair.

Just for his smart remark Eva pulled intentionally and Michael chuckled with a wince from the painful tug on his hair.

“alright I won’t tease you! Don’t take it out on my poor hair” Michael pleaded.

 

“then have some manners or I’ll pull again” she replied with a smirk.

 

The tender moment was interrupted by the sudden voice of Paul McCartney.

oh my have I stumbled on a tender moment? I am deeply sorry” Paul announced cheekily not in the slightest sorry about his appearance.

The pair sprung apart when they heard Paul’s voice out of the blue. They both chuckled nervously before looking up to see Paul standing in front of them without his harem or a cup of tea held in his hands.

“what brings you around Paul and where is your tea?” Michael asked his friend to see his hands were holding a stack of papers.

“hello Eva.  Your looking beautiful as always but my friend I am holding papers of my invitations for my house parties” he responded with smiling eyes and teeth.

 

“hello Paul! Nice to see you once more. What party is this?” Eva greeted him.

 

“is it really that time of the year?” Michael groaned completely forgetting about his friend’s lavish house parties he always held at his giant mansion.

 

“what he means Eva is my yearly house parties I host once a month to the campus. The theme for this month is masquerade ball. I am not too fussed about what you wear. Just have a mask matching your outfit.” Paul explained ignoring Michael’s groan.

 

“since Michael never lets me dress him he has uncle Roy to do so” Paul said pausing to roll his eyes before continuing.

“I am inviting you to my party my dear.” Paul continued as he plucked one of the invites off the stack and handed one to Eva and Michael.

 

“what if I said I can’t make it this to party?” Michael pondered to his friend.

 

“then I will be disappointed in you buddy besides apart from me you are my wingman” Paul responded with a sharp glare at Michael.

 

“as always I have to guard your ass” Michael mumbled.

 

“excellent! Well I’ll see you tomorrow both tomorrow at 8.00pm sharp toodles” Paul replied smiling happily before he proceeded to walk in another direction.

 

It was slightly awkward after Paul’s departure as Eva looked elsewhere as Michael rubbed the back of his neck. This awkward silence continued till it was time Eva to go back to her class and Michael leaving campus to go pick up his younger sister from school.

 

Eva spent the rest of the late night looking for the right outfit to wear for the party next day. She never had felt more grateful to her mother persistent ways about packing more dresses for any occasion.

 

She had flicked though the many various coloured saris till she stopped noticing a bright red peeking out in-between a western dress and a lime green coloured sari. She pulled the dress out gently from the hanger to see a cherry red flowing dress bejeweled with tiny rim stones down the front and back as well as larger jeweled purple stones below the thin straps. It didn’t take too long to decide this dress was the right one and laid it on the bed to be ironed.

 

As she stared down at the beautiful dress the memory of her mother telling her to pack enough dresses sprung to mind.

“mummy I don’t need these many dresses!” Eva said to her mother gawking at the amount of dresses she held in her chubby arms carrying to drop in one of her many suitcases.

“you will need it sweetu! You never know when the time will come. you will be thanking me for sure!” she huffed in response as she began to tuck the clothes neatly into the suitcase.

Eva remembered the memory fondly from the smug expression her mother wore that day. Inwardly she admitted that her crazy mother had been right once again.

 

.

.

 

:. Saturday night :.

 

6:30pm

Eva sat on her chair holding the small mirror in her hand as she applied mascara underlid of her eyes. She had already arranged her hair into a high ponytail before she started applying the makeup.

Just as she finished applying the black mascara on the underlid of her left eye, the door bust open to reveal the twins.

“what is it? I already fed you both an hour ago” she said not looking up from her current task.

“well we heard about Paul’s party! It’s been the main event all week! as your cousins wondered if we could tag along with you” Adil stated.

“what Adil said” Aadesh added.

“no” she answered flatly as she moved to applying blush to her cheeks with a round brush.

“b-but why?” the pair spluttered simultaneously.

“neither of you were invited and I know the both of you will only bring trouble” she responded looking up briefly to eye them before continuing her task.

“but you can just sneak us in with you! We can protect you in case of any idiots that try to flirt with you” Aadesh protested.

“yeah we don’t want you to come to any harm!” Adil chipped in.

“no means no! you are not following me to this party. You can easily find something else to do while I’m away” Eva answered in a clipped tone leaving no room for arguments.

“so uncool cousin” the twins whined but knowing they didn’t have a choice walked out of her room.

Eva sighed at their childish behavior once she was alone.  She noticed it was almost seven clock quickly finished applying the rest of the makeup and stood up to get ready.

8:00pm

 

In her rush to get ready she had completely forgotten to call a cab in time before she left the house to get Paul’s home in time for the party. She sighed wondering what she was going to do since she didn’t know where his home was located.

 

She was about to make a call to the nearest taxi service near the home.

 

Honk! Honk!

the sounds of a honking sounds were heard coming from outside the door.

 

Who could be honking at the door now? I didn’t call anyone to pick me up

Eva thought skeptical.

 

The honks continued till she stood to check who was at the door. She grabbed her light coat and putting it on before grabbing her purse. She didn’t feel a pair of eyes watch her from upstairs.

 

She opened the front door as she covered her eyes from the blinking lights flashing from the car parked in front of the house.

 

Paul seeing her from inside the car immediately stuck his head out of the car waving a friendly hand at her while he spoke in a cheerful voice “well hello eva! You look stunning my dear”

 

“Paul! What are you doing here? How did you find my house?” Eva blurted out in shock.

 

“I have many secrets but time is wasting let’s go! My party has started” Paul replied with a wink.

 

Eva knew he wouldn’t give a direct answer. She chose to get in the car and ask the burning questions during the ride.

 

Eva bent down holding the dress up slightly so she could slide into the seat. Once she was sat comfortably, shut the door behind her.

 

“seatbelts safety first” Paul mentioned to Eva.

Once he saw she was sat safely with the seatbelt on, Paul started the car. The car grumbled to life before he began to drive the car out of the small driveway.

Once the car was driven a good distance from the house Eva still baffled on how Paul found her home. She chose to ask him once again.

“how did you find my home Paul! I truly appreciate your help but .. how did you find me?” she asked skeptical.

“well I did ask my buddy where you lived. He told me he didn’t know where you lived exactly on this area. He didn’t want to meddle in your business. But I took the chance to find out in the collage addresses. I hope you don’t mind dear. I had the funny suspicion you didn’t know where my home is or how you would get there. I won’t tell a soul” Paul explained with his eyes focused on the road.

 

“well uh that was sweet of you but could you not do this again” Eva chuckled weakly.

 

“I swear it on my love of tea I will not come to your home unannounced” Paul promised with a cheeky smile.

Meanwhile,

“can you drive any slower dude? We can’t waste time!” Adil complained sitting in the back seat while his brother and their friend David sat in the front seats.

“I’m driving behind them do you want them to notice us idiot!” David scowled at Adil eyeing him though the front mirror. Adil returned his scowl with a sneer in return.

 

“alright calm down hotheads we will be there soon. We don’t want to get ourselves caught and sent home. Be patient Adil” Aadesh rebuked the pair.

 

They continued to follow Paul’s car not too far behind them.

 

Back in the car.

 

At this point, Paul thought to lighten up the quiet mood with a slow RnB track by the popular musician Usher and and his hit song ‘U Make Me Wanna’ playing quietly in the background.

 

“Is this a song you use to get your cult Paul?” Eva asked gazing at him from the corner of her eye as she watched the moving scenario pass by.

 

“of course, not! I use my charm instead of music Eva. I just played this to lighten the mood is all” Paul responded.

 

“where’s Michael?” Eva inquired.

 

“oh, my wingman is taking care of the party for me in my absence. He certainly can’t wait to see you” Paul mentioned.

 

“oh um” she coughed to rid the sudden flutter of butterflies surfacing in her stomach.

 

“is that butterflies I can hear from your stomach love?” Paul teased the poor girl as if he had read her mind.

 

“Paul!” she scolded him giving him a frosty glare.

 

“alright don’t get your little nose in a twist dear I’ll stop” Paul barked in laughter as they continued driving.

 

It didn’t take long for them to arrive and park at Paul’s home. Once parked near the house in the spacious car park. Paul stepped out first. He went to passenger seat and opened the door for Eva to step out of the car. Paul gently looped her arm on his.

With the other hand, he used his key to lock it atomically as the car lights flashed briefly. Knowing his car was safe. Paul escorted Eva on his arm to his home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

so an extra update since I was asked so nicely cough cough. (not naming any names). E

enjoy the double update!

VIII by Lorry

The duo strolled forward to his home as Eva looked on gob smacked by the glass windows illuminated by the low light windows and the whole interior design of Paul’s house that clearly displayed his wealth.

 

Paul saw her look of astonishment as they made their way into his home and chuckled quietly to himself.

 

“is this the first time you’ve seen such a place Eva?” Paul inquired.

 

“yes this place is so beautiful! I have never seen such a huge house in all my life. This must have cost a fortune” Eva responded.

 

“well my dear wait till you see inside my home. It might be grand but it’s not all that it’s cracked up to be” Paul replied with a tight smile.

 

Before Eva had a chance to respond to his strange response they had arrived at the front door where a tall and muscly man stood in a black and white suit. He saw Paul and nodded stiffly before opening the door to allow entry.

 

The pair strolled into the house and Eva’s senses was assaulted by the smells of strong alcohol mixed with vinegar and sweat lingering in the air. She felt the loud thumping sounds of the music ring in her ears.

 

Eva used her free hand to cover her nose to prevent inhaling the strong smells.

 

She was used to smelling spice and sweet smells but what she smelt now in this mist was overwhelming.

 

“Paul why does this place smell of vinegar?” she spoke in disgust.

 

“smells like heroin. Hmph people are using drugs in my home. I’ll have to get that sorted” Paul replied sighed as he rubbed his chin.

 

“Drugs?!” Eva exclaimed in shock at hearing the news of possibly drugs could possibly be on hand.

 

“Now I won’t allow you get yourself involved in them my dear I’ll take you to---“Paul answered before he was suddenly whisked away by his harem dragging him away to spend time with their charming host.

 

Sadly, Paul didn’t get the chance to finish his sentence before he looked back leaving distraught Eva alone.

Eva could not believe Paul had left her in the crowd of people she didn’t know. She ignored the stares around her as she walked around trying to find a bathroom to freshen herself up before she went searching for Michael.

She found the nearest bathroom on the first floor after walking up the glistening golden coloured stairs.

She breathed in the welcoming stale air as she approached the toilet door. Gripping the cool door handle she slowly opened the door to reveal the cloudy mist in the air. Looking past the murky air, she saw a couple making out on the counter. The couple paused their kissing once they heard the door open and saw Eva standing there with a tissue over her nose.

 

“well babe look at we have here! Isn’t she a pretty thing” the ashy blonde haired young man said with a wide grin.

“she’s alright” his girlfriend replied shrilly.

“you want to join us? I have some joints enough to share and we can make it a threesome together” he implied with a wink.

 

“no thank you I will leave this place for you” Eva replied before she quickly closed the door and quickly walked in the other direction.

 

why would Paul would allow such behavior and nonetheless drugs in his home! How would his parents feel if they saw their house in this state?

 

 Eva thought as she tried to make sense of her current situation.

 

She continued to walk further down the long and empty corridor in hopes she’d find a room to use the toilet without any drug users around. She stopped in front of a door slightly open and pushed the door to see a darkened room. She gripped with one hand on the wall trying to find the light switch. Once her hand tapped the ‘switch’ the light flicked on basking the room in a low light.

Eva stepped inside the spacious bathroom washing her hands before leaving the room closing the door behind her.

She was beginning to regret coming out of the house for a party. She felt completely out of her element. Just as she was deciding to search for a house phone and call a cab. Her ears picked up the sounds of music. Letting curiosity take over Eva began to walk in the direction of the music.

 

Eva didn’t know if she wanted to walk into the new room seeing more people dancing in ways that she felt disgusted by.

 

Suddenly she was pushed into the room by the sudden appearance of Paul. She stumbled into the room luckily Paul grabbed her arm before she could fall.

 

“Are you alright my dear? Sorry I left you earlier I was swept away by my crazy harem” he apologized with a sheepish grin.

 

“Paul how did you find me? And you shouldn’t have left me. This home of yours is huge! and you need to sort out people who come to your home” she nagged at poor Paul.

 

“yes I get your point love I did say I’m sorry right? And I see you found one of my dance floor rooms. I have several based on different eras” Paul replied changing the subject.

 

“eh yes where’s Michael I still haven’t seen him since I arrived” Eva mentioned slightly worried over Michael.

 

“well that’s unfortunate I bet he is around here somewhere” Paul responded with slight grin as he looked over to see his pal grabbing a drink from the bar.

 

“well why not ask that strapping fella over there?” Paul said pointing at the man standing at the bar drinking alone.

 

“him? Why?” Eva asked confused.

 

“you might learn something and well I’m off to watch and make sure people don’t do any more foolish business, it is my party after all” he replied as he adjusted his mask on his face before walking away.

 

Eva watched his back as he left once more heading to the dancefloor and she sighed knowing she couldn’t avoid standing near the entrance and blend into the shadow. She decided to get a drink feeling thirsty.

 

She strolled to the small bar and saw a female bartender wearing a black and gold outfit with a matching mask.

 

“what can I get you?” the bartender asked politely.

 

“iced tea please” Eva responded.

 

Wordlessly the bartender started preparing her drink while Eva sat on the provided stools waiting. As she waited she felt slightly warm from the sizzling temperature in the room. She removed her coat and fanned herself with her hand. Not realizing a pair of eyes had been watching her since she sat down and now revealed what she wore under the coat.

 

Michael almost choked on his iced vodka when he saw Eva reveal what she was wearing under the dress. He didn’t expect her to wear such a revealing dress since he was used to her more causally covered up dresses.

 

Eva sitting with her drink in hand sipped slowly from the cool beverage, felt the gaze of someone watching her.

 

She turned her head to see the mysterious man wearing a white suite with a pink shirt tucked underneath the blazer and a pink mask covering most of his features while his hair was cornrowed.

 

Michael feeling courageous due to the vodka, stepped towards her.

 

He wasn’t a huge drinker but the task of watching over people’s crazy antics and trying to make sure the police were not about bust into the house to cancel the party was a tiring job. All he wanted to do now was unwind.

 

Just as Michael approached her. The funky disco music was abruptly cut off and replaced by the soul R’n’B classic ‘Lady Soul’ by the legendary group The Temptations.

 

As the song’s intro played Paul stood by the DJ booth with one arm on the DJ’s shoulder and microphone in hand.

 

“now will all the lovers on the dancefloor it’s time for some ole R’n’B. yes, including the two of you at the bar! Come on down to the dancefloor” Paul drawled with a cheeky smile knowing inwardly his words would piss Michael off.

 

“would you like to dance?” Michael asked Eva. His usually mellow voice deepened drastically by the influence of alcohol.

 

Eva thought quietly observing by the bar would help drag the time faster so she could leave. since the high expectations she hoped to gain from this party was sadly a disappointment. She didn’t dwell in her thoughts too long to look back at the man in front of her.

 

Something told her inwardly she knew this white clothed stranger, trusting her inner instincts Eva decided to give this chance ago and dance.

 

But why does he feel so similar? Eva thought in wonder.

 

“yes let’s dance” she responded with a small smile.

 

Michael was relieved that she hadn’t responded with a sound ‘no’. He stretched his hand out and she placed her hand in his large hand. He tugged her away from her seat to the dancefloor.

 

Once they were on the floor the couple faced each other before Michael decided bravely to draw her closer to him. Now closer to his face Eva smelt the light mix of cologne and sweat. She recognized the strong yet subtle cologne that Michael wore when they were together.

 

Could this be Michael dancing with me? Eva wondered.

 

“Michael is that you?” she asked loudly over the sounds of the blaring music.

 

“how did you know?” Michael sighed.

 

“I smelt the cologne you love wearing a strong hint of mint” she responded with a cheeky smile.

 

“maybe you should be a smell tester since you can smell my scent from a distance” Michael teased her as they swayed following the music.

 

 

 

“you are very funny Michael” Eva responded with a sarcastic tone.

 

“I try” he responded with a chuckle as he spun her around before they continued to sway and being careful not to bump into anyone else.

 

“your hair is under the cornrow styles, right?” Eva questioned looking up briefly to see his afro wasn’t above his head and focused her gaze back on Michael.

 

“I did say I’d get it cornrowed eventually besides the heat in this room would shrink my afro so I just chose to give myself a three-week break” he replied.

 

The conversation between them continued as the duo continued to dance on the dancefloor enjoying the great selection from the Dj. Eva was surprised to find out that Michael could dance and keep up with her styles of Indian dancing.

 

She even tried teaching him some of the male dancing which he quickly picked up on. They danced freely as the pair laughed and continued to enjoy each other’s company for another hour.

 

 

 

10.45pm

 

The brothers had their fair share of a fun with their pal David before Aadesh’s girlfriend Sofia walked into the scene. Sofia had heard about the party from a cousin from the campus and was able to tag along with her.

 

Adil stood not too far away from his brother and girlfriend ignoring their words of adoration for each other. He grimaced but chose to ignore their words and listen to David rambling over the latest gadget. Adil’s eyes drifted noticing his cousin and Michael walking together towards the front entrance.

 

Adil knew it was time to go. He quickly yelled at his brother that it was time to go. Aadesh reluctantly let go of his girlfriend, but didn’t leave without a sweet kiss on his lips before he quickly followed his brother and friend back to the car to hopefully get home in time before Michael dropped her off.

 

 

 

.

Michael and Eva stayed on the dancefloor for little longer till they couldn’t dance any further sat on the stools near the bar drinking glasses of iced water.

“you wouldn’t mind if I dropped you home? Or would your cousins kill me if I dared help you out?” Michael asked jokingly but inwardly held his breath in ready for disappointment.

“I would love a ride home Michael and no they wouldn’t kill you!” Eva answered with a roll of her blue-green eyes.

 

“perfect! It’ll take us an hour to get home so let’s get going now” Michael replied with a grin.

 

The duo quickly gulped down their individual glasses before getting off the stools heading towards the door. They didn’t waste any time as they shuffled and bumped though different people till they were outside inhaling the fresh air. Feeling the goosebumps rising on her flesh immediately put her coat on.

 

“don’t worry Eva the car isn’t parked too far” Michael assured as he started walking to the car park. Eva followed behind him as they approached a coal coloured Acura Integra model car. Once Michael unlocked the car with the car key, he went to the passenger seat and opened it for her. Eva stooped downwards and sat on the seat. Once she was sat comfortably he closed the door firmly before he went to his side of the seat.

 

The engine purred to life as they sat ready for the long drive out of Paul’s car park and on their way back to Eva’s home.

End Notes:

Welp. the party certainly shocked poor Eva! what do you think of her reaction? was it justified? 

comments are loved! Enjoy :D

IX by Lorry

Michael switched on the radio letting the music fill the silence between them. Eva wondered if this car was opened by Michael or Paul.

“is this Paul’s car?” she inquired curiously.

“No this is my own car. I bought this car from my cousin’s dad three years ago. I built it from scratch” he responded.

“completely from scratch! How did you find the parts? That sounds impressive” Eva answered surprised.

“it took a while but with help from Uncle Roy I was able to get the parts and I built it myself but he helped with some of the lifting don’t tell him about it” Michael replied chuckling from the memory.

 

“where was Paul when you were building the car?” Eva inquired with a grin.

 

“Paul was at the time busy with his relatives” Michael answered grimacing as he made another turn into another street. He didn’t bother giving more details.

 

The cheerful atmosphere vanished once more as silence sunk in between the pair. Eva looked out of the window watching the scenery pass by till she remembered she had not wished Paul goodbye.

 

“I forget to wish Paul goodbye!” Eva exclaimed breaking the silence.


“don’t worry about Paul. He’ll survive without your goodbye. The guy isn’t that fragile” Michael responded with a light chuckle.

 

“what about his parents and the drugs? I didn’t expect there to be so much of it” Eva replied eyes still glued to the scenery passing by.

 

“well the parties are Paul’s way of coping. I’m sorry I can’t tell more he has to tell you in his own time” Michael apologized.

 

“I understand I did have a good time with you” Eva replied changing the subject.

 

“after the drinks or when we danced?” Michael teased.

 

“the dancing Michael!” Eva answered looking back into the car to give him a glare.

 

“now Eva don’t glare I’m trying to get us both home safely” Michael chided.

 

The pair continued to banter back and forth as the journey went on till they arrived at Eva’s home. Michael had parked a good distance away from the house.  As he leaned on the front body of the car as they continued to talk inwardly the pair didn’t want the night to end.

 

“well I’ve dropped you off I’ll see you tomorrow” Michael said in a farewell tone as he pushed himself off the car to start making his way to the driver door.

“wait Michael! Would you like to come into my house?” Eva asked in a shyly.

 

“I wouldn’t mind dang I wish I had my camera” Michael replied happily before the pair walked together away from his car to stroll to the front door.

 

Standing in front of the door Michael waited while she fished though her purse to find the house key to open the door. Once the key was found in hand. She opened the door allowing entry for Michael and herself. Michael’s gaze swept around the neat hall way as they walked further into the home following Eva’s lead to the living room where they both sat in separate coaches.

 

“wow your house is something else” Michael quipped with a grin.

 

“is that a good thing?” Eva asked with raised eyebrows daring him to say something.


“it’s a good thing I mean no harm” Michael replied with a sly smirk.

 

“I hope so or your hair gets a yanking” Eva threatened with a mock glare.

 

“i wouldn’t any harm to come to my hair” Michael replied with his mouth open in horror.

 

“I’ll show you the kitchen and you can see what it’s like to cook in my home” Eva said as she stood up and Michael followed suit as they walked out of the living room to the kitchen.

 

Once inside the small kitchen Eva opened the cabinets to Michael’s shock as he saw rows of different jars. It was astounding to him he had never seen anyone else beat his aunt’s hobby of jar collecting.

 

“I never thought I’d see the day someone would beat my aunt Jay’s collection of spices” Michael marveled.

 

“you can believe it now Michael but I use this mostly in most of my dishes would you like to smell one of the jars?” Eva said to him.

 

“I’d love to! I am never allowed to touch my aunt jay’s spices in fear of a smack upside my head. She has a mean hook when she’s annoyed” Michael responded with a grimace.

 

Eva giggled imagining the scene as she shuffled though the wide selection trying to pick one for Michael to smell. She decided to bring down the ‘spice jar’ palette gently using two hands brought down the medium sized jar holding six spaces for individual spices.

 

Michael watched her place the jar down on the table from his point of view he expected a glass jar not a metal tin filled with spices.

 

“this is not what I expected but it’s fascinating” Michael replied with a grin tugging at his lips.

 

“well I hope this changes your view Michael. Smell this one” Eva hinted with a sly smile pointing to the orange coloured powder.

 

Michael eyed her warily before he bent lowly to sniff the smell and didn’t expect a strong chili spice to block his airways. He quickly flinched and turned around to cough into his hand. Eva let loose a high-pitched laugh watching Michael’s reaction in full effort.

 

If only I owned a camera to film d his reaction!

 Eva thought laughing inwardly.

 

“are you done laughing at me?” Michael asked recovered from his coughing fit to give her a childish glare.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t think you’d have a strong reaction” Eva apologized breathlessly still in fits from his reaction.

 

“please don’t tell Paul about my reaction he’d find a way to use this against me” Michael pleaded to her.

 

“I won’t tell Paul. Want to try another smell but it’s not spicy” Eva told him with a beckoning smile.

 

“no thanks I don’t want my poor nose to be assaulted once more shall we explore somewhere?” Michael replied rubbing his sore nose.

 

“you remind me of my baby cousin who had the same reaction a few years ago” Eva responded as she put the small container back inside the palette.

 

“how old was he at the time?” Michael intrigued to hear more about her family back home.

 

“he was about two or three years old at the time” She responded gazing at him from her arms still stretched closing the cupboard doors.

 

“are you comparing my reaction to a kid?” Michael pouted childishly.

 

“you are kind of proving it by acting childish” Eva pointed out with a laugh.

 

“let’s leave here you don’t want anything before we leave?” Eva asked him.

 

“no, I am perfectly fine. let’s go to your room” Michael responded before he realized what he had said might come out wrong.

 

“not in that way I just want to see if your room is a pink unicorn galore” Michael said backtracking his previous statement.

 

“oh alright” Eva replied feeling the pool of pink flush her cheeks.

 

The pair didn’t waste any time leaving the kitchen to walk up the stairs passing by the twins/daadi’s room till they stood in front of Eva’s room.

 

Michael stood two feet away from Eva giving her space as she twisted the knob of the door handle and she walked in. He followed in after to his disappointment seeing the plainly decorated room.

 

“I expected some pink or girly stuff Eva” Michael sighed dramatically as he sat down on the bed.

“I’m more tomboyish Michael. I come from a home where I didn’t need too many materials to live” Eva explained with a roll of her eyes.

 

“well ---“Michael was about to say before he was cut off by a booming voice from downstairs.

 

“EVA!!!” 

 

“what is Daadi doing back so early?!” Eva gasped in surprise hearing the sudden voice of Daadi below them.

 

“who is d-a-ad-i?” Michael questioned trying to pronounce the word.

 

EVA IS SOMEONE UP THERE WITH YOU?”

 

“NO DAADI I’LL BE DOWN IN A FEW MINUTES I HAD A QUICK SHOWER!” Eva yelled.

 

“look Michael you need to hide!” Eva whispered facing Michael.

 

“wait why? Can’t I meet your eh grandma I presume that word means??” Michael inquired lost on what was going on.

 

“I can’t explain what’s going on! Hide in the closet!” Eva replied hastily as she turned around facing his back and began shoving him towards the closet.


COME DOWNSTAIRS NOW EVA!!” Daadi shouted once more.

 

“I’m going in!” Michael replied as he felt himself being pushed inside. He was met with darkness closing in as Eva left the door semi wide for him to breath.

 

He closed his eyes when he noticed though the eye hole that she was changing into something. By the time he opened his eyes. He heard the slam of the door.

 

Well this is going to be a difficult wait. I wonder what’s going on…

Michael sighed to himself feeling the wooden hangers poke his shoulders waiting for Eva’s return.

 

Eva rushed down the stairs in a grey tracksuit bottoms and loose green t-shirt with slippers on her feet to meet Daadi in the small hallway waiting with her bags.

 

Daadi noticed her presence at last once she saw Eva’s body come down the stairs breathless.

 

“child why is there make up on your face this late of the night?!” Daadi barked at her.

 

“I was trying a new makeup idea I saw on the tv on the Indian channels Daadi” Eva lied confidently in hopes that she’d sway her from asking any more questions.

Daadi’s eyes narrowed in suspicion but instead of choosing to question her niece any further she chose to let it go. She felt bone tired from the journey returning home.

 

“get my bags in child where are the boys?” Daadi asked walking straight into the living room while Eva immediately began to drag the bags up the stairs one by one.

 

“ah Daadi I don’t know where they are …” Eva replied as she dragged the last bag in up to her room as she walked down the stairs. She went to join Daadi in the living room and sat with her feet crossed on one of the chairs.

 

“you don’t know where they are! Irresponsible I left them in your care – “Daadi nagged.

 

“I---“she was about to respond when they were interrupted by the sound of jiggling keys and the door opening. The pair of brothers tumbled into the house laughing and talking thinking they’d beat Eva home.

 

“BOYS!” Daadi roared furiously from the living room.

 

The brothers felt the colour drain from their faces when they heard that familiar roar from the living room.

 

“shit bro! Daadi is going to kill us!” Adil hissed at his brother in fear.

 

“we should have never gone against Eva’s wishes following her to the party!” Aadesh hissed back.

 

“COME HERE THIS INSTANT DO NOT MAKE ME REPEAT MYSELF” Daadi yelled once more sounding angrier.

 

The boys gulped in union before they briskly walked to the open door to face their Grandma’s wrath. They walked into the room to see Eva sitting cross-legged on the coach and Daadi sat in the arm studied chair.

 

Daadi’s face was a shadow of anger as they saw veins popping visibly on her neck and forehead.

 

“Daadi we can explain – “Aadesh spoke up nervously to try and cool her down before she raised her fury them on both but Daadi Riya wasn’t having it cut his speech off.

 

“I am disappointed in the pair of you! I trusted you both to be home and where do you run off to leaving your cousin on her own to a party! PARTY!” she said continuing to scold and rebuke them.

 

Eva couldn’t help but feel a mix of emotions seeing their saddened and gloomy expressions from abuse Daadi Riya was inflecting on them. But at the same time, she felt a twang of pity and happiness that they were getting punished for disobeying her, still she had done the same thing but was luckily to have been home in time.

 

She didn’t think she was needed any further rose from her seat briefly holding eye contact with the boys before they looked back at Daadi. She left them facing their fate and went back to her room to get Michael out of her room and back to his car.

 

She hurried to her closet where Michael wiggled out of the closet slowly.  He stretched his strained muscles flexing his sore neck and arms to get the blood flowing back in them from staying in the tightly packed closet.

 

“I’m sorry you were in there for so long Michael” Eva apologized with a sheepish grin.

“it’s fine I hope I don’t find myself in your closet again it was too small for a guy my frame” Michael replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

“how about a surprise treat? In exchange for your effort but you have to go now” Eva replied.

“I’ll look forward to it” Michael replied giving her a grin as he looked down at her.

The pair gazed into each other eyes before Eva broke the spell stepping aside for him to walk to the window.

Michael looked down from the open window seeing the distance from her window to the grassy ground was slightly too high for his liking but he spotted a long pipe one feet away from the window.

“um Michael I don’t think this is safe for you to go down” Eva said wary eyeing the distance standing next to him.

“it’s fine I’ve climbed trees taller than this I’ll tell you some of my adventures someday” he responded grinning. He turned his body half way, sticking one leg out of the window and other leg positioned in the room.

Eva still standing by him bravely chose to lay a feathery kiss on his cheek before pulling away to say sweetly “thank you for dropping me off today Michael”

Michael froze feeling her small lips against his cheek. He couldn’t help inhaling the flowery perfume as she drew away leaving him stunned.

“uh yeah your welcome Eva” He responded smiling bashfully before he continued his journey down the window latching onto the pipe and slowly climbing down it till he dropped to the ground.

Eva watched him trek down the pipe till he was walking back to his car. whereas Eva heard Daadi calling her downstairs.

Eva sighed before she chose to quickly grab a wet cloth and began to rub the makeup from her face to as she left the room and went down the stairs.

.

.

.

Ten minutes to midnight Michael closed the door behind him quietly as he made his way to the kitchen to hopefully find Uncle Roy’s hangover remedy.

Alcohol always left him feeling buzzed till the next day when it all returned tenfold in a massive hangover.

One of these days I’ll quit drinking.

Michael thought tiredly.

He switched the kitchen light on to see his little sister Janet standing with a glass of warm milk. She wore her baggy neon coloured tiger stripped night gown and a black bonnet sitting comfortably on her head.

“hey dunk why are you up?” Michael questioned moving towards her and flopped down beside her.

“why are you back so late” Janet fired back as she sipped from the glass.

“I am not in the mood for your sass this late Janet. Have you seen where uncle Roy keeps the juice? He keeps changing the hiding place!” Michael grunted.

“He hid it in the mini fridge in the living room with the rest of alcohol” J####anet responded.

“was Paul’s parties’ spectacular like always?” Janet asked cheekily.

Michael gave her a tired glare but shrugged his shoulders.

“Paul out did himself like he does each year but I did have fun with my model there” Michael responded.

“the pretty girl you showed to me? I want to know the details~” Janet sung sweetly to him.

Michael groaned in reply. He stood up from his seat leaving Janet alone in the kitchen. He went to the living room going behind the mini bar. He opened the mini fridge and grabbed a red container containing the hangover juice. Janet annoyed by the lack of response from Michael thought it was best to leave it till the next day when he was in a better mood.

She gulped the remainder of her drink in hand before washing it and leaving it on the drying rack to go get sleep for another busy of homework the next day.

 

End Notes:

well here's the next chapter.

the boys got caught and got grounded no pity there lol. and we get a kiss (sort of from Eva to mike) its a start. Enjoy :D

X by Lorry

:.Monday 27th of  April 1997 :.

Michael and Paul sat under the fan in the empty collage lounge waiting for Eva. The pair of friends sat beside each other complaining about their hungry stomachs.

“Michael pal when is the famous Eva going to get here? I am quite fascinated. tea isn’t cutting it” Paul inquired to his friend shaking his bottle of ice tea to emphasize.

“I don’t know Paul she’ll get here when she’s ready. I hope what she promised is good” Michael responded with a roll of his eyes.

“and you didn’t bother to ask what she was bringing? I have tried a few off their dishes to be fair and they are quite good” Paul replied while looking down at his watch ignoring the loud whaling sound from his stomach.

“of course, you’ve tasted the food. Your harem bought the food for you? You don’t think they might be trying to poison you with their love potion?” Michael told him.

“blasphemy my friend! It’s not store bought they cook the food. As you and I know I can easily burn my house down with my atrocious skills in the kitchen. They aren’t only good for warming my bed. Naivety is a sin” Paul smirked.

“I don’t need to know Paul!” Michael replied scrunching his nose in disgust at the imagery in his mind.

“look buddy just because you don’t get some---“Paul said before the door flew open revealing Eva in a jade coloured ruffle top with grey jeans and black dolly shoes on her feet.

“I’m sorry I’m late the sweets didn’t cool in time and eh Paul? Why are you here?” Eva said as she walked up to them.

“I heard about the food you were bringing my friend and I had to get my chance to try your food if that’s alright with you” Paul replied giving her a cheeky grin.

“eh sure that’s fine” Eva replied as she walked to the small table gently placing the small box securing the treats she had made in the morning.

She opened the box revealing golden brown pancake shaped sweets. The pair of friends sniffed the sweet aroma emitting from the box feeling their stomachs growl loudly.

“well I’ll take two with me! I’ve heard these are delicious from a lady friend of mine.” Paul said happily grabbing two pieces and laying them on his clean handkerchief. He plopped one into his mouth. He immediately sighed in pleasure from the sugary taste filling his mouth and belly.

 

He quickly gobbled up the first one as Eva and Michael picked their own pieces watching Paul’s reaction in amusement.

“well my dear! That was delicious! You are a snacking queen in my book. I’ll have to try more of your food someday!” Paul praised.

“thank you, Paul. You can take more there is plenty more to go around” Eva replied scratching her cheek in embarrassment.

“don’t be ashamed of your talents love! I’ll take one more and leave you both in peace. I should find my model and get the last shots for the final critic this Thursday! Toodles” Paul answered grabbing one more piece before walking away with the snack and ice tea out of the room.

Now duo was alone Michael could finally get a word in with Eva as he scuffed another piece down before he responded wiping his mouth with his own handkerchief in hand.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        “I agree with Paul the sweets were delicious! It wasn’t too sugary it was just right. What are they called? I thought they were pancakes but they didn’t taste like pancakes. What are they?” Michael questioned curiously.

“the treat is called malapua. It’s made by crushing ripe bananas adding coconut then flour and water.” Eva explained as she watched Michael grab another piece, biting into it.

After swallowing down the last bite in his mouth Michael felt his stomach was full and didn’t eat another piece. Eva noticing, he hadn’t taken anymore closed the box lid.

“you don’t want another piece you only ate three” Eva questioned.

“don’t worry my stomach fills up quite quickly. You can leave the rest to the boys” Michael replied grinning.

“they already had one or two for breakfast after begging” Eva said with a roll of her eyes.

“they are growing boys didn’t you say so yourself” Michael mentioned cheekily.

“yes, but it doesn’t mean they should be greedy” Eva scoffed.

“are you trying to not let the boys have any more food! They are growing so big” Michael mocked jokingly.

Eva raised a single eyebrow at his wide toothed smile. Just as she was about to shove him Michael immediately grabbed her wrists in retaliation.

“now Eva don’t start something you can’t finish” Michael responded giving her a beaming smile.

 

Eva didn’t bother trying to respond as she struggled to pull her wrists out of Michael’s grasp. Michael chuckled before letting her go.

“Do you want to finish the photoshoot today? Paul did mention it” Eva asked Michael.

“that would be helpful. How about we go to my place? We can take the last shots in my room” Michael answered.

“um sure” Eva replied unsure.

“I promise I won’t try anything your safe with me” Michael assured sensing her unease.

The pair left the room to stroll out of the college bantering back and forth ignoring the curious stares they met along the way to the car park.

 

One Hour Later,

Michael parked in front of a modest cream coloured house. Stepping out of the car, they walked up to the front pathway leading to the front door.  Eva noticed the small bushes of roses and lilies behind a small fence.

Eva strolled behind feeling slightly nervous that she would be going inside Michael’s home. She didn’t expect she would come along so soon.

Unaware of Eva’s conflicted feelings Michael walked up to the front door and opened it using his silver key in hand. Opening the door Michael walked and Eva followed in behind him.

Eva stepped into the home noticing the walls filled with various pictures of a young Michael next to a girl who was almost his identical twin and two other people. She stood looking up at the different memories held in each frame.

Michael turned around to find her standing in front of the framed wall. He walked to stand by her looking up at the various images chuckling at the memories.

“is this your aunt Jay and Uncle Roy with you and your twin?” Eva asked pointing at the family portrait where Michael stood beside Aunt Jay as Janet sat cross-legged on the floor next to Uncle Roy. They all wore huge grins expressing their happiness with their fists held raised in the air.

“that was a family photo a year after my younger sister and I settled in the country after a sad tragedy. It was meant to be a playful photoshoot. but it ended up becoming serious since the photographer was being a pain and slightly racist to us. We chose to aggravate him even more by raising our fists in unity. That was a good day” Michael explained in whimsical tone ignoring the sadness flooding within him.

 

“wow that’s an interesting story! Now I can put imagination to a face to your aunt and uncle. Your family sounds like so much fun. Makes me realize how long it’s been since I last spoke to my family” Eva replied with a sad smile.

Michael pushed his sadness to the back of his mind. He patted her shoulder in sympathy and said in a comforting voice “don’t worry you’ll see them during the holidays and maybe it’s time to give them a call?”

“Your right I’ve been so busy that I didn’t have the chance to call them. Thank you, Michael,” she answered giving him a small smile.

“well let’s go to the living room. One day I’ll tell you about the stories linked to the pictures. “Michael answered as he began to tug her in the direction of the living room.

The pair walked into the living room as Eva’s eyes saw two burgundy coloured coaches with a small desk table arranged in the middle. Whereas behind second coach was a small wine bar decorated in a rich brown colour.

“wow I have never seen a bar inside a room. This is bizarre” Eva said as her eyes swept around the room.

“well this was the only room my uncle was allowed redecorate because Aunty Jay felt it needed a new style. Luckily he persuaded her to let him” Michael chuckled going to the mini bar while Eva went to sit down.

“would you like anything to drink? There’s wine and nothing else” Michael joked.

“water and nothing else” Eva scoffed.

Michael grabbed a cool bottle of water from the mini fridge. Taking one of the wine glasses, he held the two items in hand turning around to walk slowly out of the corner of the room to where Eva sat.

He bent down to his knees gently placing the items on the table before he stood up more once to full height.

“well enjoy the drink. I’m just going to check something in my room first before you enter” Michael said to Eva.

 

“don’t stay up there too long” she responded as she untwisted the lid from the bottle pouring herself a drink.

 

Michael rolled his eyes before walking out of the living room to his bedroom to check on his precious snake ‘Muscles’. He knew Janet would feed him in his absence since she was home from the flu she developed a few days ago.

 

Now Janet heard her brother’s door open and close from her bedroom.  

 

What’s Michael doing back so early?

Janet wondered.

 

She threw the covers back then shoved her feet into the bedroom slippers before leaving the room.

 

Janet hoped a cup of honey and tea would hopefully clear up the flu she developed in last week.

 

Walking down the stairs holding a roll of toilet roll in one hand and using the other to blow the mucus from her nose. She went down steadily till she stopped in front of the living room to see a young woman who looked a few years older than herself drinking a glass of water.

 

Janet let the curiosity overcome her shyness striding into the room alerting Eva.

 

 “hello! Are you my brother’s girlfriend?” Janet asked.

 

“What? No! I’m just his model for his project is all” Eva explained.

 

“oh, you’re the famous Eva I’ve heard about from Michael” Janet replied excited.

 

“um what has he said about me?” Eva inquired.

 

“well he said ---“her response was cut off by the urge to blow her nose. She pulled some tissue from the roll in hand and blew covering it in slimy mucus.

 

She eyed the mucus covered tissue before stuffing it in the hole of the toilet roll.

 

“you have a cold? Have you taken anything?” Eva asked in a concerned tone.

 

“I have been taking tea with honey and nothing more” Janet sniffed.

 

“a remedy from my country is lemon, cinnamon, and honey mixed together in warm water. It should help clear your cold” Eva suggested to the ill teenager.

 

“thank you now are you---“Janet was about to say till she was cut off by Michael’s voice.

 

“dunk what are you doing out of bed!” Michael tittered as he strolled into the room with his camera in his hands.

 

“I came down to make some tea but your girlfriend gave me a lovely remedy which I’m going to go try. Nice meeting you” Janet replied giving her big brother a glare before giving Eva a grateful smile. She walked out of the room ignoring Michael’s protest.

“now my sister is out of the way. Let’s go up to my room” Michael sighed 

The pair strolled out of the living room going up the stairs leading to his room.

Once inside the room Eva looked around the room to see some posters of musicians hung on his wall. A stack of comic books, and a pile of black covered books arranged neatly on a wooden medium sized table. On the other side of the room was a vivarium sat on the top shelf in the spacious wardrobe. She heard the low hissing sounds from inside.

 

 “well this is my room it’s not girly or decorative” Michael said strolling into the room to sit on his seat.

 

Eva didn’t know where to look feeling slightly embarrassed she had never stayed in a man’s room apart from her male cousins.

 

“do you want to seat on my chair? I can sit on my bed even if it’s more comfortable” Michael asked noticing the look of uncertainty written all over Eva’s face.

“I’d prefer it that way” she answered.

Michael stood up from his seat allowing Eva to sit comfortably on the chair crossing her legs.

“you know what to do Eva be yourself as always. please don’t force a smile” he teased.

“I don’t force my smiles. They are genuine” Eva scoffed in response.

“ah I don’t agree” Michael responded with a light chuckle as he snapped a few shots of Eva switching in between poses.

 

“Michael, you own a snake? I’ve been hearing a few hissing sounds from the box over there” Eva asked curious.

 

“I do own a snake and his name is Muscles. Would you like to look at him closely? He’s full grown” Michael told her.

“I would love to!” Eva replied excited.

“are you sure?” he asked with a hint of worry.

“yes, bring him” Eva replied in assuring tone.

Leaving his camera on the bed Michael went to the varirum to see his beloved pet muscles laying on a large tree branch staring up at him.

“heya buddy someone wants to meet you today” Michael cooed at Muscles as he bent his arms down to wrap his fingers around the middle part of his cold-blooded pet. Gently taking him out of the enclosure Michael turned around with muscles sat comfortably in his arms.

Muscles shifted around in his master’s arms till he felt comfortable. He flicked his fork shaped tongue absently.

Eva watched Michael come closer till he sat on the bed holding Muscles in his arms. She couldn’t help but admire the shine on his brown scales. It showed he was in full healthy condition and it was all because of Michael.

“wow he is so beautiful” Eva cooed at the unbothered Muscles.

“has he eaten?” Eva asked curiously.

“from what Janet said she fed him before I came home so he’ll be fed for a few days at least. Have you had any pets?” Michael asked her stroking Muscles arrow shaped head gently with his fore thumb. 

“I picked up many animals I found small enough to fit in my pocket from lizards to baby snakes. Keeping them for a few days till my younger found out my hobbies and told my parents forcing me to let them be free.” she explained with a wide smile.

Wow a girl who likes snakes? Now that’s rare to find. I’m liking her personality even more.

Michael thought in awe.

“would you like to hold him? It would be the perfect end to my project since you are my model” Michael teased.

Eva rolled her eyes at him as she spread her arms wide enough for the body of Muscles.

Michael chuckled before speaking to his beloved friend “now muscles I’ll be moving you to another friend. Don’t bite her alright?”

Muscles flicked his tongue in response not giving any answer to his master’s request. Michael sensing no protest from him. Stood up gently with Muscles approached Eva slowly holding eye contact with Eva as he slowly bent to her shoulders to place ‘Muscles’ on her slender neck.

Eva sat frozen as she locked her gaze with Michael watching him place the reptile on her neck. She felt the cool underbelly of the snake, ’Muscles’ briefly coiled firmly but loosened once he sensed no threat in sight.

“now stay like that Eva I’ll snap a few shots and I’ll take him back from you” Michael advised her as he slowly stepped away to his bed, grabbing the camera.

For the next few minutes Michael snapped many pictures of Eva gently handling his scaly companion in several poses and angles until he was satisfied.

Once his cold-blooded friend was back in his enclosure Michael sat on his bed facing Eva.

“well all I can say is for thank you for sticking with me and my project Eva. You’re the voted star model in my class” Michael mentioned.

“where’s my gold star?” she retorted in a teasing tone.

“well the gold star isn’t on me I must have left it in my other pocket” he replied pretending to pat his pockets.

“now you sound like Paul” Eva answered with a cheeky grin.

I have known that gentleman for over five years I did pick up some of his habits” Michael replied with a bark of a laugh.

“I can see that but what happens now Michael? I don’t want this budding friendship to end” Eva confessed chewing on her upper lip nervously as she looked at Michael.

“you want this friendship to keep going? Wow I didn’t expect you would. I want to be friends too. How about an invitation to my family cook out next month? About a week from now” Michael answered with a wide smile.

 

“A cook out?” Eva questioned confused with furrowed eyebrows.


“don’t worry I’ll explain while I’m driving” Michael responded with a cheeky grin as the pair stood together and left his room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

it's been two weeks since I last updated lol. I only did it to get more chapters and focusing on my work. beware more to come soon!

 

Enjoy!

XI by Lorry

One Week Later,

Saturday 2nd of May 1997:

: The Cookout :

It's been a busy week for the Jackson family preparing the annual cookout family. This year was their turn to host.

The amount of cooking Janet and Aunt Jay did together in the early morning with help from a few of Jay's friends who had offered to help ease the stress from her shoulders. The men (including Paul) were kicked out of the kitchen by the girls were given the task to get the back-garden ready for the party and get any last minute needed items.

Once everything was ready after twelve leaving the ladies time to shower and change since the men had already had their showers. Uncle Roy was left to finish adding any other finishing touches with Paul while Michael went to collect Eva from her home an hour away from the house.

Before Michael's arrival at Eva's home.

"neither of you will stop me from going to the cook out! " Eva yelled at her cousins while she put on a pair of gold studded earrings.

"but one of us has to be there to go with you!" Aadesh argued standing behind his cousin as she used the boys' bathroom mirror.

"I don't want neither of you to come along! You still disobeyed me last week and look where that lend you both. Grounded" She replied giving Aadesh an irritated glare.

Lost for words Aadesh spun around to face his brother surprised he hadn't said a word since he and Eva had started arguing.

"Nothing to say? Back me up bro" Aadesh begged his brother.

"I say let her go. She won't be stopped besides Daadi is away yet again besides she won't be back till Thursday." Adil responded with a shrug.

Eva and Aadesh gasped in union when they heard the words spilling out from Adil's mouth.

"you both will catch flies if you don't close your mouths" Adil chided cheekily.

Aadesh closed his mouth first before he scoffed at his brother to try and plea to his cousin once more till she gave in.

"fine! I'll take one of you with me. Adil will come along. he hasn't given me any trouble today. Go get ready Adil we only have thirty minutes left till Michael gets here" Eva replied giving Aadesh a pointed glare.

"thank goodness you listened to reason I'll stay home to get some of my homework finished" Aadesh lied smoothly.

Perfect timing to spend time with Sophia while they are gone.

Aadesh thought happily.

Adil knew where his brother's thoughts had drifted to and didn't bother saying a word as he stepped back into the room to get himself ready.

Michael didn't expect when he arrived to see Eva and her younger cousin trot out of the house together. She explained the situation and he responded telling them he didn't mind him coming along. But it didn't stop the younger boy from finding ways to poke fun at Michael till Eva silenced him with a heated glare leaving the rest of the journey in peaceful silence. 

.

.

 

Arriving at the home Michael noticed the front garden was parked with several cars. He felt the sinking feeling pool in his stomach knowing that his least favourite cousins will be at the party. He'd hoped they would not make it this year because of family commitments but it looked like it wasn't going to happen.

Finding a space behind the home Michael to park. The trio walked through the back-garden door to enter.

The pair of cousins were surprised to see the amount different shades of light to dark skin tones as they walked in behind Michael. The once lively chatter immediately halted when they walked in beside him. As every pair of eyes gazed at them in a sea of different emotions.

who are they? Why are here? Who invited their kind?

Were the brewing questions staring back at Eva. She felt the Adil press himself closer to her protectively as they stared back at the seas of faces.

Uncle Roy sensing the tension from his extended family knew it was time to act and change the atmosphere. 

"Now y'all know we don't stare at the new group of people like a fancy exhibition get back to the shit and gossip" He announced loudly popping the tension as everyone's eyes drifted away from their new guests.

Uncle Roy quickly walked to his nephew and his guests noticing that they were not clearly from the area.

How did this boy somehow attract the Asian culture? Fuck if I don't welcome them Jay will have my head. Uncle Roy thought warily.

"well hello to y'all. I'm the boy's uncle and who are you both?" Uncle Roy politely asked.

"my name is Eva and this is my cousin behind me. Are you uncle Roy?" Eva greeted to him.

Uncle Roy couldn't help but allow a sly smirk to grace his full lips as he replied to his favourite nephew. "what have you been telling your friend about me? Better be some good fucking shit"

"Uncle Roy I told her good things besides you wouldn't want  Aunt jay to hear you say those words" Michael replied rolling his eyes at him.

"well brat she isn't here---"Uncle Roy was about to reply when he was cut off by the sudden voice of Paul and his wife interjecting.

"now isn't this a fantastic moment. The gang is here!" Paul said with his arm wrapped Aunt Jay's shoulder.

"boy if you don't remove your hand away from my wife" Uncle Roy threatened jokingly.

"see I'm being threatened by a man who I see as a father. Oh well it is lovely to see new faces" Paul greeted in a mocking tone.

"well I'll leave you crazy shits to mingle. I'm off to make sure someone in this fucked up family doesn't end up dead." Uncle Roy wished in farewell ignoring the glare his wife was aiming at him for his language. 

Now that Uncle Roy was out of the picture, Aunt Jay had the chance to finally see the mysterious girl her nephew had been talking about these last few weeks.

"why aren't you a pretty thing! Michael didn't describe your prettiness well enough" Aunt Jay greeted to the blushing Eva.

"He certainly didn't" Paul added.

"um thank you. I eh have heard so much about you." Eva replied shyly.

"I hope good things" Aunt Jay replied with a mock glare at poor Michael.

"well let's not stand here all day! How about we spilt up and get to each other? I'll take ... Adil is it? Let's walk. don't worry Eva the boy is safe with me." Paul said charmingly.

"how about me buddy? Michael chimed in.

"a deal perhaps? After you lovebirds spend time together. She can spend time with my favourite women. Now let's go kid" Paul said snapping Adil out of his thoughts.

"you know who I am?" Adil breathed in surprise. 

"why wouldn't I? I saw you and your twin at my party might I say... Paul said trailing off as he and younger boy walked away to another side of the spacious garden.

Aunt Jay chuckled at the awe-struck expression on the young boy walking away with Paul and bid farewell to the duo till later when she could whisk the younger woman away.

"Would you like to try some of the food? Now that I've had some taste of your food excluding the chilli powder you gave me to smell" Michael mentioned to a smiling Eva.

"sure, I can't wait to try something from your family dishes. you can't handle spice Michael. It's ok to admit defeat" Eva teased.

"lies" Michael mumbled to a giggling Eva as the pair walked to the cook out table where various foods were arranged on the table. Plates in hand Michael started to pile his plate already knowing what he wanted to eat.

"would you want to try the potato salad or the sweet potatoes? The potatoes are more on the spicy side and are made of sugar syrup. I don't eat it too often but my uncle and Janet love it more than the dessert" Michael explained pointing to the auburn coloured yam shaped pieces.

"they sound delicious and what about the green leaves?" Eva asked as she dished two potatoes on her plate.

"the collard greens? They are delicious" Michael replied as  he helped dish the food onto her plate.

"now one more dish never forget the cornbread. The best dish to be left on the plate" Michael replied.

"really? I'll try them too" Eva answered happily.

Now the pair had their plates filled to their satisfaction, Michael guided Eva to a pair of spare free seats ignoring the questioning gazes from surrendering guests. Once sat down Michael watched Eva take a bite into the sweet potato. He couldn't help the slight butterflies flutter in his stomach gazing at the impressed expression written on her face.

"this is delicious I wonder how the other foods taste" Eva said after swallowing the small piece of sweet potato and began to tuck into the hearty meal.

Michael didn't waste any time tucking into his own meal as they ate and chatted in-between their food till the pair finished everything on their plates.

 

"That was a great meal. I feel so stuffed yet not sleepy" Eva said rubbing her plump stomach.

"wait till desert. That will truly make you tired" Michael replied laughing.

"well I can't wait to try it" Eva replied beaming at him.

"well time is up baby. I've come to take your friend away" Aunt Jay said announcing her presence alongside with Janet.

"If you wouldn't mind" Janet added gently.

I- I wouldn't mind Eva stuttered looking between Michael and his family.

"go ahead Eva my family won't bite." Michael answered.

"alright let's leave my nephew alone and have some girl chat" Aunt Jay replied enthusiastic.

Aunt Jay didn't waste time walking away as Eva and Janet followed. The trio walked into the back entrance of the home.

Michael sighed in relief that his guests were in good hands and he didn't need to watch them. He licked his bottom feeling his throat was patchy and dry after eating such a hearty meal. He stood up with the two plates dropping them into the bag for used plates. He strolled to the drink table ignoring the lingering looks from his family and grabbed a beer from the drink table.

After popping the lid off Michael leaned on the wall next to food table, drinking absently watching the sea of faces chatting and eating in harmony enjoying the peace and quiet till someone he didn't want to see started making his way towards him. 

A young nutmeg coloured man rocking cornrows, wearing a navy t-shirt with raven coloured trousers and leather shoes on his feet approached his favourite cousin to annoy. 

"well look who decided to arrive! The dead-beat parents no fool" Marcus said smirking.

"what do you want?!" Michael sneered at him.

"I can't come say to my favourite cousin that I haven't seen in a long time? Shit calm down. The rest of fam are standing over there. They sent me to come get you. We want to know all about your new Asian bitch you were cuddling up to a while ago" Marcus wondered.

"Don't you dare call her a bitch. She is a friend of mine and I won't tolerate your shit Marcus" Michael snapped at his cousin.

"take it easy big nose. I was just kidding but still our other cousins want to talk to ya" Marcus said throwing his hands up in surrender.

"Aight" Michael replied deadpan.

Marcus feeling glad his cousin was on board, slung his arm over Michael's shoulder bringing him closer to his side. Michael shrugged him off.

"why won't let me hold you cousin?" I don't bite" Marcus exclaimed in a wounded voice.

"isn't it obvious I can't stand your ass? Let's go see the others" Michael answered.

So, the pair of cousins left the spot they were standing to the join the three cousins standing near the garden chatting and laughing loudly amongst themselves.

They heard approaching footsteps to look up and see their other cousins approaching them. They all gave a cheeky smile hollering "hey it's the two MJs in the house! Welcome boys"

"why carter? We don't share the same name" Michael responded at the greeting.

"it doesn't matter. Y'all are family nonetheless" Carter replied with bark of laughter.

 

"aw I adore your presence cousin" Marcus answered before suddenly grabbing Michael into a bear hug.

"get off me" Michael hissed at his cousin.

"calm down Marcus is playing with you shit lil cousin. Aight let him down before he calls Aunt Jay on us Marcus" Carter prompted to Marcus.

With one last tight squeeze Marcus let him go dropping him to the ground. Michael stood up from the ground dusting his clothes off.

"how have you all been?" Michael asked politely.

well I've been good brother. I finally got the promotion at my job after five fucking years! Carter responded cheekily.

"only reason it took you so long to get that promotion is because you're so thick-skulled Carter. On the other hand, I finally moved in with my man last week." Telah retorted ignoring the glare from Carter. 

"wow the hoe finally stepped up in status" Zima laughed stepping aside to avoid a slap to the shoulder from Taleh.

"how's your life been going since you have shit to say about mine" Taleh sneered at Zima.

"since you asked so nicely I've been feeling like shit lately ... y'all don't need to know" Zima replied shrugging her shoulders.

"just like Zima to be the mysterious" Marcus added in jokingly. 

Carter thought it would be a good chance to try and get news about the girl Michael had walked in with. 

"now that you've heard all our lives you still have that white fucker around you mike?. who's the Asian girl you just walked in with? She your new girl?" Carter questioned firing off questions to the annoyance of his cousins earning himself a smack upside the head.

"ow!" Carter groaned.

"answer the question" Marcus demanded rudely.

"my friends have nothing to do with race like I've told y'all for years. I will befriend who I like and furthermore Carter don't forget you have a kid with an Asian woman yourself" Michael retorted back.

"don't need to be so tight-lipped shit we only care for ya" Marcus chimed in.

"I don't care about your race trash talk. It's same words time and time again. I will not change my views" Michael snapped back at them.

The rest of the cousins were caught off guard by Michael's words not expecting their usually quiet cousin to be so bold out of the blue.

Michael had enough of this small talk conversation turned around to walk away from them when he felt Marcus's hand on his shoulder pulling him back. Michael clearly tired of all the touching from his cousin pushed him away roughly.

"will you stop touching me?! I am sick of your hands-on attitude" Michael snapped at him. 

"take it easy sheesh Mike. I can't show you any love with a hug huh! too damn sensitive. You can't take my affection since the death of your dead rich ass parents" Marcus fumed without a thought of how his words would be received. 

The atmosphere was tense as the rest of the cousins gasped at the words that spewed from Marcus's mouth. 

"your words went too far Marcus" Zima stated weakly. 

The rest of cousins nodded in agreement as they watched the scowl grow darker on Michael's face. 

"y'all where thinking the same. He is too spoilt for his own good and thinking he's above us with his inheritance and fancy cameras. all bought from his deceased piece of shit parents" Marcus spat at a fuming Michael. 

"Marcus back down. This party doesn't need your mellow drama because you have a crush on Mike!" Carter blurted out to the shock of Zima and Taleh. 

Now Michael had enough of Marcus disrespect of his dead parents and didn't care if he had a crush on him or not. No one disrespected his parents.

"how dare you disrespect them Marcus! My parents who took you in when your dad always left you alone without any food or clothing over the years. You've forgotten all they did for you! Your worthless piece of shit" Michael hissed as he glared at his cousin with his fists clenched. 

Marcus fuelled by his anger and embarrassment tackled Michael to the ground. The duo tumbled to the ground. Marcus straddling him, punched Michael in the jaw throwing his face to the side as they fought in a tussle of flying arms and fists on the ground. 

Carter and Zima try dragging the fighting men apart from each other while Telah ran off to find Uncle Roy or Aunt Jay. 

Meanwhile 

Paul and Adil sat on the chairs provided in the kitchen drinking between them while Uncle Roy stood drinking his glass of vodka. 

"now my dear boy. I will teach you the ways of how to catch the eyes of beautiful women and it's not an easy task even if I make it look quite simple" Paul told Adil. 

"how Paul?" Adil questioned staring at Paul like he was the fountain of wisdom. 

"don't be fooled the little shit learnt all he knows from me." Uncle Roy chimed in arrogantly. 

 "Uncle Roy is correct but I learnt to use what I had and make it my own. Using a hint of charm and wit to get several of them to fall into your lap... " Paul said before he trailed off when the sudden presence of a breathless Zima rushing into the kitchen interrupted the conversation. 

"Zima? Why the rush?" Paul asked concerned. 

"m-michael a-n-d m-marcus are f-ightinng" she stuttered breathlessly. 

"well that's unfortunate. Adil we will have to leave this discussion another time. Let's go uncle Roy" Paul apologised.

Paul and Uncle Roy left the young teen alone in the kitchen as they hurried out the door in the direction of the back garden. 

Adil feeling confused about what could be happening stood up from his seat to find his cousin. He prayed she wasn't involved in any of it.

.

.

 

Aunt Jay sat in between Eva and Janet chatting over any topic that she had come to mind till she sensed Eva wasn't stuck in her shy shell.

"now Eva are you my baby's girl?" aunt Jay said cutting straight to the chase. 

"what I? No, we aren't anything like that" she replied flushed receiving the sly smirks from Janet and Aunt Jay. 

"are you sure? Cause Michael tends to date a girl without telling her they are" Janet teased the flustered girl. 

"now don't fluster the poor girl any further Janet baby. I'm sure they know they are an item" Aunt Jay implied cheekily. 

Eva chose to look elsewhere as the aunt and niece duo giggled at her embarrassed state till they heard the commotion from outside. The trio blinked in surprise when they saw Paul and Uncle Roy rush out the door. 

They all stood up quickly to follow them. Before Eva could get any further she was stopped by a hand on her shoulder. 

"this isn't our fight cousin. Let us leave this to his family" Adil said in a solemn voice. 

"what is going on?" Eva demanded. 

"all I know is a female family member rushed into the kitchen to say that Michael was in a fight before the older man and Paul left me alone. All we can do is wait" Adil explained. 

Eva nodded but still stepped out of the door as she heard Adil sigh behind her. They leaned on the brick wall and gazing on to see what the shouting had bought on. 

Uncle Roy and Paul didn't waste any time jumping into action by individually grabbing Michael and Marcus apart from each other. 

"what the fuck is going on with you two y'all are acting like little brats. Paul take Michael elsewhere while I handle what fuck is going on" Uncle Roy commanded in a strict tone. 

Paul wordlessly nodded and began to drag his friend ignoring the looks of disgust around him. Aunt Jay and Janet quickly rushed after them not caring in the slightest for Marcus. 

Uncle Roy dragged the light weight young man in his arms to a spare chair alongside bending down to his knees to stare into his eyes. 

"now Marcus what has gotten your ass to fight with mike? Huh? What did your big mouth say this time?! Since your loudmouth can't talk. nod when I ask you this question" uncle Roy said calmly. 

Marcus having no other choice nodded as he held a tissue to his lips.

"did you rail up your cousin asking about his deceased parents?" uncle Roy asked. 

Marcus nodded. 

"Do you only care about yourself boy? You forgot again what his parents did for you? I am sick of your shit and drama. Every single party you do this. finally, Michael lost his temper. Frankly I don't give a shit from now on you are banned from this house till you think about what comes out of your fucking mouth. Let's get your ass batched up" Uncle Roy told him as stood up for his bent position dragging the injured man inside the house as Eva and Adil watched helplessly. 

"do you think he's alright" Eva asked worried for Michael. 

"I'm sure he'll be alright it didn't look too serious. but I think we should go home cousin" Adil replied in a comforting tone. 

They stood patiently waiting for any news from anyone that would come out of the home as everyone else chatted in low whispers.

Luckily ten minutes later Paul walked out of the house with a weak smile rubbing his neck spotting the cousins standing beside them door.

 

"well I've been assigned duty to take you both home and don't worry Michael isn't too badly beaten up. "Paul assured them with a small smile.

 

Eva nibbled on her bottom lip thinking about Paul's words, she didn't want to leave Michael alone but she knew it wasn't her place.

"alright Paul. We stayed for a while pity I couldn't taste the dessert" Adil joked weakly.

"ah don't worry kiddo Aunt Jay said your allowed to take as much as dessert as you like" Paul replied.

"well I'll go get us some take away desserts for us Eva. I won't be long" Adil said turning around to walk in the direction of the food table.

"how is he feeling Paul? I want the truth" Eva asked firmly staring into Paul's mocha coloured eyes.

"he has a black eye and busted lip Eva but he will be fine. He is being patched up as we speak" Paul replied in a comforting tone.

"just tell him to get well soon and I'll see him at collage when he feels better. I hope he knows I care" Eva sighed.

"spoken like a concerned girlfriend" Paul teased with a cheeky grin seeing her redden cheeks.

"it's nothing like that!" she protested.

"I'm back!" Adil announced with takeaway plates in his arms. Eva sighed taking a few of the plates from his hands.

"let's get going since it's quarter to five we can beat traffic" Paul replied whirling around to walk to the back garden and the pair followed.

End Notes:

welp alot happened during this cookout! what do ya'll think? was marcus words out of line? did you enjoy the warm welcome from Aunt Jay and Janet towards Eva?

Enjoy!

XII by Lorry

Aadesh sat comfortably with his girl (Sophia) wedged in-between his legs on the carpeted floor watching TV. The assignment papers scattered at their feet.

"I'm glad we have this chance to have some time alone" Sophia chimed in looking at her boyfriend with a wide smile.

"I am too. I haven't had a chance to have you all to myself" Aadesh replied with a cheeky grin.

"Sometimes you sound just like your twin" Sophia snorted.

"Don't tell him I agree with him but I am half of him" Aadesh replied with a shake of his head.

 

Sophia could only roll her eyes at him as Aadesh bent his head down to lay a sweet kiss on her small lips. They continued to kiss getting lost in the moment till the sudden kicking from the door broke the spell.

 

"AADESH OPEN THE DOOR!" Eva and Adil yelled in union.

 

"Shit what are they doing back so early?" Aadesh whispered as Sophia quickly got off him to sit on the floor arranging the papers.

 

"Doesn't matter just go!" Sophia whispered back hastily.

 

Aadesh stood up swiftly from the ground stumbling to the door. He unlocked the door to see his brother and cousin balancing take away plates in their hands.

 

"Bro can you move aside before we drop the food? What took you so long to open the door?" Adil complained. Aadesh stepped aside for the duo to rush into the house heading for the kitchen. Aadesh closed the door behind them and went back to the living room.

Sophia sat cross legged writing notes in her notebook from the papers on the floor. Aadesh sat down beside her grabbing his own notebook and began to scribble down his own notes.

Eva walked past the living room not expecting to see a pretty girl sitting with Aadesh on the floor.

 

"Why study on the floor? Why didn't you use the coaches?" Eva questioned stepping into the living room.

 

"We preferred to sit on the floor. More leg room" Aadesh lied with a nervous smile directed towards Eva.

 

"Oh really?" Eva asked with narrowed eyes.

 

"Of course, he wants to study on the floor it's much more comfortable. Hi Sophia" Adil chimed in walking into the room.

 

"Eh it's comfortable and comfy" Aadesh replied sheepishly.

 

"Hey Adil. Well to back up ba- I mean Aadesh it was more preferably to have the papers on the floor to have more space. That is all and nothing else" Sophia said with a pointed glare aimed at the smirking Adil.

 

"well ignoring their silliness. Have you had anything to eat?" Eva asked the younger woman politely.

 

"ah no I've been too busy focusing on the work" Sophia replied with a sheepish grin.

 

"well I can get you some snacks since my baby cousin hasn't been a good host" Eva replied.

 

"because they were so busy sucking each other's faces to care for food" Adil snickered quietly to himself.

 

The teens secretly dating both leveled twin icy glares to the unbothered Adil still busy snickering.

 

Eva gave the younger teens a raised eyebrow but didn't bother asking the question brewing in her mind. She turned around walking out of the room to the kitchen to put some of the unpacked treats on a plate and tray.

 

"you fool! You almost revealed our relationship to Eva" Sophia snapped to a smiling Adil.

 

"She will find out eventually. She isn't the type to judge the both of you than Daadi finding out and stopping it completely." Adil shrugged his shoulders.

 

"I wish you'd think with your head sometimes" Aadesh snapped at his brother.

 

"I wish you'd think more with your heart" Adil retorted back irritated.

 

"Don't argue you two! Not in front of our guest please" Eva said coolly strolling back into the room with a tray of desserts and glasses of iced water.

 

Adil still full of the food he had earlier watched his brother and girlfriend eat the treats. The group indulged in small talk for another thirty minutes till Sophia left.

 

"So how was the party?" Aadesh asked gulping down the sugary sweet liquid from his can of coke cola.

"It didn't exactly go well..." Eva trailing off to explaining the whole incident.

 

"wow a fight broke out? Afro dude beat his own blood? Didn't expect his skinny body to be able to throw a wicked punch" Aadesh replied impressed by the story.

 

"We weren't there to see it happen but by the whispers it did not sound good" Adil added wincing.

 

"But forgetting about the fight. I can't believe you spoke to Paul McCartney!" Aadesh exclaimed with awe struck eyes.

 

"He isn't a celebrity you two. He is a regular human being" Eva replied with a roll of her eyes at their fanboying antics.

 

"of course, he is human to you but a legend to us simpler beings" the brothers replied simultaneously.

 

Eva couldn't help but roll her eyes at them again as the trio continued to talk about other things in peace. But at the back of Eva's mind she wondered how Michael was doing.

.

 

.

 

In the intervening time Paul had arrived back to the Jacksons home an hour later to see that majority of guests had left.

 

Paul steadily walked into the back garden to notice Marcus sat in one of the chairs holding an ice pack to his bruised lips. He felt the rush of anger rise in his chest gazing at the pitiful fool. He marched in the direction of the injured man.

 

"How's the cut on your lip Marcus? I'm sure it will heal in no time" Paul drawled sarcastically.

 

Marcus gazed up when he heard Paul's statement giving him a heated glare in response.


"you can't talk Marcus? That is such a shame. My buddy should have made sure to leave your lips busted for a while" Paul spat coolly.

 

Marcus counting sheep in his mind to try calm his slowly building anger till he heard the last insult removed the ice bag from his lip to defend himself.

 

"I did noot askz forr yourr comentary! (I did not ask for your commentary) Sheez you werre not eve-n there! Don't smack talk you albino fuckwer" Marcus spat enraged.

 

"Truly is that the the best you can do? I already know I'm a pale and it's sad you're so insecure in your own skin" Paul replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

 

"Why you--!" Marcus growled before he was interrupted by the shrill voice of Janet.

 

"Cut it out Marcus! You've made enough trouble today!"

 

"Will you shut the fuck up? No one was asking for your words little girl" Marcus hissed as he placed the ice bag on his lips.

 

"no manners or dignity. Apologize. Now" Paul commanded sharply.

 

"I'm sorry" Marcus grumbled looking away from the younger man.

 

"Now that's done Janet. My second woman closest to my heart. Shall we check on your brother?" Paul said to a giggling Janet.

 

The pair walked off into the direction of the house going inside and walking up the stairs to Michael's bedroom.

As they drew closer to his room they heard the painful protests from Michael and Aunt Jay hushing him for his childish behavior.

 

"Ouch aunt jay! That hurts" he whined flinching away from the soaked alcohol cloth dapped on his swollen lip and eye.

 

"now buddy let Aunt jay do her job. She is a certified nurse" Paul said announced his presence strolling into the room and deciding to sit by Michael. While Janet went to stand by Aunt Jay's side holding the first aid box.

 

"I'm glad to see your back Paul. Now baby please stop moving away" Aunt Jay greeted him before focusing on Michael.

 

"Auntie Jay Paul confronted Marcus" Janet said as she shuffled though the first aid box.

 

"why would you do such a crazy thing Paul" Aunt Jay asked not taking her eyes off a squirming Michael.

"I just couldn't help the sudden anger in my heart for that idiotic fool. I don't know what came over me" Paul admitted sheepishly.

 

"I did witness him calling Paul an albino and that was awful thing to say. I tried to stop it he went further on to snap at me!" Janet explained angrily

"now Janet baby ignore Marcus and don't allow his words get to you. He clearly has inner demons that needs to be addressed. Did you drop Eva and the boy home safely" Aunt Jay responded.

 

"I did indeed and don't worry your girl is safe at home thinking of you buddy" Paul responded cheekily.

Michael blushed looking away from his family members and Paul all sharing a hearty laugh from his embarrassment.

The rest of the day was spent packing away the leftovers into the fridge and cleaning the house after Paul left late at night after helping.

 

 

 

End Notes:

aftermath of the party. It didn't go too well and hopefully Marcus doesn't return.

Enjoy!

XIII by Lorry

A day in Paul’s life:

 

Paul felt at complete ease with his harem (women) surrounding him in his queen-sized bed. Until a pair of small fingers started to poke his cheek awakening the tired young man. Paul’s eyes fluttered open to stare into a pair of jade coloured almond shaped eyes.

Shocked by the sudden presence Paul backed himself into the wooden bed frame startling the sleeping beauties from their sleep.

Once Paul felt his fogged mind clear up he saw who was sitting on the bed cross-legged was his nephew Joel McCartney. 

“you little shit get out of here!” Paul hissed at the preteen.

mama said you need to come down for breakfast excluding all your ugly ladies” the eleven-year-old said smirking slyly at his uncle.

Paul growled throwing his pillow at the boy watching him duck before scrambling off the bed running out of the room slamming the door behind him.

The door slamming woke Paul’s sleepy-eyed women wondering what was going on. Paul sighed running a hand though his messy bed hair before addressing his harem and making sure to get them out of his home.

Twenty minutes later one by one each woman was out of the room. Paul stepped down the golden stairs, heading to the kitchen where he saw his nephew chowing down on fluffy pancakes and an older mother drinking a cup of tea in hand.

“good morning” Paul said walking into the room scratching his hair while holding back a yawn as he flopped into one of the empty seats.

Paul looked up to face his sister who had the similar chestnut coloured hair in a pixie cut and a pair of electric sapphire eyes.

“I see your finally awake Paul. You didn’t bother to open the door for your nephew and I” Marissa said in a clipped tone.

“I am not in the mood to start an argument about anything today Milkshake” Paul replied in a cool tone.

“since you want to be a pain today poppers. How about taking your nephew to the park today?” she replied with a hidden smirk behind her cup.

“That would be so cool. I’d love to spend some time with Uncle Paul!” Joel answered grinning happily at his mum and uncle before continuing to eat his food in silence.

“you heard my son. You’ll take him out today” Marissa answered.

 

“wait I have plans! I can’t take the little brat along with me” Paul protested.

 

“unless you want to switch places with me and take care of our family business” She threatened icily.

 

“fine I’ll do it” Paul replied in a defeated tone pressing one hand to his forehead.

 

“perfect I’ll pick him up at 3. It’s time for you to get dressed Joel. Your uncle can’t be kept waiting” Marissa barked to her son. The young boy finished his last piece of pancake on his plate before jumping off his chair. He ran out of the kitchen to his room.

 

“You realize I hate you with all my soul?” Paul drawled to his older sister.

 

“The feeling is defiantly mutual. Now I’m off to make sure he wears the right outfit. Remember Paul this lavish lifestyle will not last forever. You can’t run away from your responsibilities forever” she replied solemnly.

 

“I do believe I’ll enjoy the small freedom I have left before I take on your position.” Paul shrugged his shoulders sipping his black tea.

 

Marissa sighed softly leaving the kitchen going to check on her son before she left to going straight to the office where she was the temporary CEO of the family business till he was ready to take over at 21.

 

The nephew and uncle strolled out of the metal steeled gates heading to the park when suddenly Joel voiced his change of plans.

 

“I want to get something to eat from the store.”

 

“Seriously? You just had breakfast. How are you hungry already?” Paul asked with one eyebrow risen.

 

“My stomach wants what it wants” the young boy shrugged.

 

“What’s the deal? Why I should I get you say a sugary treat?” Paul questioned wondering what the brat’s true intentions were.

 

“I’ll help you get a girl since you like them so much. I don’t see why” Joel replied with a disgusted expression.

 

Paul thought over the deal carefully in his mind before giving his nephew a pat on the head for confirmation.

 

“here is a fiver. Go crazy in there once you’ve done your job” Paul replied fishing a fiver out of his wallet and handing it over to Joel who pocketed the money in his side jean pocket.

 

The deal breaker started when the pair strolled into the large shopping center.  Paul’s eyes swept around the room to find the perfect girl. His gaze found a caramel coloured skin young woman dressed in a form fitting buttery coloured dress holding an empty basket standing by the cereal section.

 

Now finding the girl he wanted Paul patted his nephew’s head signaling him to do his thing while he walked to the pet aisle.

 

Joel decided to roughly bump into her back causing him to fall flat on his bum on the floor. The young woman turned around to blink down and stare into his eyes.

 

“hey kid. You alright? Where’s your family?” she asked gently to the young child. She held a hand out.

 

“I can’t find my uncle. He wondered off without me” Joel replied grabbing her hand. She pulled him off the floor.

 

“That’s strange. Let’s go find him if we can’t find him I’ll take you to the front desk” the young woman said kindly.

 

“You are kind lady. What is your name if I might ask?” Joel asked politely with a bit of charm (just like his uncle).

“well aren’t you polite. My name is Georgina and you are?” Georgina responded with a light laugh.

 

“Joel McCartney. Miss.Georgina” Joel replied with a grin.

 

The duo walked off into the next section, Paul waited gazing absently at the accessories for pets.

 

Joel spotted him almost immediately breaking away from Georgina, surprising Paul by hugging his back squealing in false joy “Uncle Paul! I’m glad I found you”

 

“Kiddo I was worried where you ran off to! Who found you?” Paul asked patting his head as Joel looked up at him with a toothy grin.

 

“That would be me” Georgina responded joining the duo.

 

“I am grateful for your help finding him. You are a hero in my eyes.” Paul replied with a wide grin finally getting the chance to see her features up close.

 

“eh thanks. Next time don’t leave him stranded on his own and why does your last name sound familiar?” she replied.

 

“Maybe you’ve heard of my family’s business?” Paul replied slightly confused.

 

Georgina’s eyes lit up in a flash of recalling who Paul was in that instance.

“I don’t care for your family business. It’s your crazy reputation”

 

“My reputation? How have you heard about my reputation? Are you part of my girls?” Paul replied coyly.

 

Georgina blushed at his answer before she accused hotly “I am not part of your harem! What you do with those girls is disgusting. You broke my friend’s heart”

 

“I did that? What was her name? Rachel? Janette? Maria? Frankie?” Paul asked confused listing off several names from his mind.

 

“You are unbelievable. Her name was Erica! Well it was nice meeting you Joel but I must continue my shopping” she replied repulsed at Paul’s attitude and wished Joel farewell.

 

She turned around walking out of the aisle leaving the pair alone. Joel detached himself from Paul.

 

“Well brat the deal was surprisingly good. Your acting skills need slight brushing up. How about we go get your part of the deal?” Paul mentioned to the young boy.

 

The duo walked out of the pet food section heading for the frozen treats section where they met Georgina once more this time struggling to grab a tub of ice cream from the top shelf inside one of the fridges.

 

“Go grab your treat while I help out the lady.” Paul said to Joel.

 

“Her name is Georgina. Your welcome” Joel replied with a cheeky smirk before running off into the section to find what he wanted.

 

“Well I guess fate wanted us to meet again Georgina” Paul said as he swiftly grabbed the tub of strawberry vanilla off the shelf.

 

“Thank you for your help and you shouldn’t even know my name” she replied snatching the tub out of his hand.

 

“Well my nephew helped me. Your welcome my dear. I have had plenty of woman snatch things from me. It is part of being this charming” Paul replied with a breathtaking smile at the unbothered Georgina.

 

“Your ego is so high. I hope you meet someone one day that will pop it and bring you back down to earth” Georgina responded coolly (not realizing she would be biting her own words one day).

 

“Well Georgie dear? I can call you that right? Someday you might not believe my rumors and see I am not that bad of a guy. Don’t judge me on what you hear” Paul answered with a shrug of his shoulders before calling for his nephew leaving Georgina to muse over his words as the pair walked out of the section.

 

Georgina watched them leave sighing softly dropping the ice cream tube into her basket and went back to her shopping.

 

After spending more time with his nephew till his sister arrived to pick him up. Inwardly Paul was glad to see them finally leave his home. Paul decided after spending much needed time on his assignments till four remembered his buddy and girlfriend (well soon to be) were still at collage spending their free time as friends.

Throwing his photos on his table, he stood up from his bed grabbing his car keys and wallet walking out of his room going to the family car park. Once he was out of the car park he headed to the collage.

Knowing his car was secured, Paul stepped into the collage park to look for his friend and his girl. Luckily the duo was sat close by easy for him to spot.

 “Look at my favorite lovebirds. All cozy and innocent together. I have some interesting news. I found an angel in form of a chocolate goddess” Paul announced cheekily to the blushing friends.

“Wait you found love? How do you know what that word is buddy? Are you sure you’re not down with the summer flu?” Michael gasped.

 

“Is the world ending Michael?” Eva added in teasingly.


“You both are so hilarious. Well you want to hear how I might just put my girls away for good when I get this girl?” Paul drawled with a slow cap.

 

Michael and Eva shared an eye roll at his answer before nodding at him to let him speak.

 

“Somehow you schemed a plan with your cousin? Which one? The brat you don’t like to babysit?” Michael replied after hearing his best pal’s story.

 

“You are very scheming Paul. I don’t know whether to be afraid of you” Eva answered with a nervous chuckle.

 

“Now my dear don’t be afraid of me. I will never intentionally hurt you. I see you as a good friend and who else would bring me treats like you do for me to try?” Paul responded wrapping an arm around Eva.

 

“I think you should remove your arm buddy. I don’t think she is that comfortable with you.” Michael chimed in hopes that he would remove his arm feeling a slight stab of jealousy that his friend was able to do it casually.

 

“Jealous buddy? I would never allow myself ruin the love boat. I am too dignified to come in between your love!” Paul teased squeezing Eva to his side briefly before letting go.

 

Eva couldn’t help but smack his shoulder in relation for his cheeky behavior.

 

“Now Michael please control her. I don’t want to end up bruised” Paul scolded his buddy.

 

“PAUL!” The pair yelled in union.

 

What? I’m stating the valid truth but instead yelling at me shall we get ourselves something sweet to drink? My treat” Paul retorted innocently choosing to change the subject.

The duo couldn’t help but share a soft sigh from Paul’s words knowing his words always held a double meaning. Instead they agreed to his suggestion. The trio stood up from their spot to walk back into the collage to get drinks.

Once the drinks were finished and thrown in the trash bins Paul couldn’t help but continue to tease the duo till Michael decided to drop Eva off home while Paul went to find more information on the love of his life ‘Georgia’.

End Notes:

so been a week since I haven't updated due to christmas festives and becoming ill. but here is a fillerish chapter in Paul's life lol.

see you all soon! Enjoy!

XIV by Lorry

Wednesday 5th of May 1997

 

It’s been a few days since the drama at the cookout for Michael and his family. During lunch break Michael had the chance to have a quick chat with Eva. The pair spoke briefly arranging a time and place for the next day to spend time together. Eva unaware of Michael’s hidden plans he didn’t share it was certainly going to be a surprise for Eva. But secretly the pair of friends missed each other and were glad to be in each other’s company (without Paul’s teasing).

After spending the early morning cleaning the house with the twins (who were still grounded from their party about a week ago) with Daadi observing from the open door in the living room. Eva was tying her hair into a ponytail as she walked down the stairs heading towards the door.

 

Just as she passed the living room she was stopped by Daadi’s stern voice.

 

“Young lady where are you going? Don’t forget you cannot walk out of the house without my permission and the same goes for you marry to my son in law Vikram. I can’t wait till you both are married he will take care of you” Daadi replied the frown on her lips curving into a wide smile thinking of her soon to be son-in-law.

 

“Daadi I mentioned I was going to meet up with a classmate from my class to do some brainstorming for our group project. I will not forget my duties to my future husband” Eva replied faking a smile.

“Also please buy any groceries we need for the house child when you finish with your classmate. I don’t want to eat your horrid German foods ever again. Buy Indian ingredients next time” Daadi said fishing out a twenty pound note in her gold studded purse.

 

Just when I was beginning to tolerate her even more she goes and gives me another backhand comment. Eva thought irritated.

 

Wordlessly Eva took the twenty out of her hand and left Daadi alone to watch her news programs on the TV.

 

Stepping out of the house Eva felt a wave of excitement fill inwardly at the chance she was going to see Michael properly.

His smile makes my day feel less stressful.

She thought happily.

The day before she and Michael had arranged to meet at the local McDonalds twenty minutes away from the collage with the directions written down by Michael to tease her lack of direction.

 

 

Thankfully she followed the directions to the right McDonalds. She pushed the door wide enough to walk inside. She smelt the strong smell of cooking oil assault her nose as she looked around to find a seat.

The McDonalds wasn’t packed at this time of the day to Eva’s great relief so it wasn’t difficult to find a spare table

She sat waiting patiently in her seat fiddling with her hands till Michael walked into the restaurant three minutes later noticing she was sitting behind the plant decoration near the food collection.

“I was slightly worried you were lost but I’m thrilled you proved me wrong” Michael teased strolling towards Eva with a smug smile.

 

“I found this place with instructions” Eva scoffed at him.

 

“Just shows I can give you directions now let’s order our meals” Michael replied with a chuckle watching as she stood up from her seat.

 

They went to the front desk looking up at the food selections on the dim lighted screen. Eva was aghast by the selection of food. She didn’t expect to see such ridiculous meal choices.

 

“Cheddar melt burger? Triple double cheeseburger? Son of Mac? It all has meat and they don’t sound healthy!” Eva blurted out flabbergasted.

 

“Like adding spice isn’t healthy to every meal?” Michael shot back with a smirk.

 

“Spice isn’t needed in this situation besides I don’t eat meat” Eva replied dejectedly as they stood waiting for their turn behind two people ahead of them on the cue.

 

“you don’t eat meat? Why didn’t you say? We can go somewhere else!” Michael rambled in hopes to cheer her up.

 

“I’m teasing you Michael. I do actually eat meat occasionally I just found that the menu dishes are weird. I’ll just have a cheese burger when it’s our turn” Eva replied with a cheeky grin aimed at Michael.

 

Michael felt his heart flutter when she grinned that cheeky smile but he pushed that thought away to give her a mock glare and reply “you tricked me Eva. I thought we were good friends”

 

“When you can handle spice then we can talk” Eva giggled at the sulking expression on Michael’s face.

 

Fortunately it was their turn to order and they placed their orders. Michael insisted to pay for the meal claiming that it was his treat leading the female cashier to say “ya’ll are so cute. I hope you both are together”

Then she walked away to yell the orders to the kitchen while getting their drinks ready.

 

This led the pair of friends to chuckle nervously before stepping aside to stand beside the collection point to wait for their food.

After their individual food orders were handed over to them on bright red trays the friends went back to their seats to find them still empty.

Now settled in their seats enjoying the meals peacefully till Michael out of curiosity looked up to see Eva gazing at him as well.

 

“why are you staring at me? You miss touching my afro again?” Michael teased her with a sly smirk.

 

Eva rolled her eyes at him before grabbing a clean tissue off her tray and stretching her hand to wipe off the ketchup stain near his mouth.

 

“um you had a ketchup stain” she said meekly looking away from his tense gaze.

 

“I am flattered you care about me that much Eva. Let’s finish our meals I have a surprise for us to go to after” Michael said with a light chuckle.

 

Eva wondered what his surprise could be but didn’t allow that stop her from eating the rest of the untouched food on her tray.

 

Ten minutes later the pair walked out of the McDonalds in the direction of Michael’s car that was parked on other side of the street behind another corporate building.

 

Sitting in the car Michael started the engine letting it pure to life before beginning to drive out of the space he parked.

 

“Where are we going for this surprise?” Eva asked in a suspicious tone.

 

“Won’t be a surprise if tell you” Michael replied teasingly.

 

Eva huffed at his reply knowing how stubborn he could be when he didn’t want to supply any more information.

 

The pair let the comforting silence fill the car till they arrived at rounded shaped building with the name ‘’The Iced Desert’.

 

Eva couldn’t hold back the gasp as she followed Michael further towards the building. Once inside they felt the slight breeze from the air conditioner hosted up on the ceiling.

 

“Why is this placed called Iced Desert? Will you tell me why we are here? A dessert place” Eva asked giving Michael a pointed glare.

 

“You’ll just have to wait and see. It won’t be long till you find out. Stay here I’m going to sign us in” Michael replied with a smirk. He left her briefly walking to the reception to buy the tickets.

 

A few minutes later Michael returned holding two tickets in his hand. Eva eyed suspiciously when she tried to swipe them from his hands but to her luck he moved out of the way.

 

“Now be patient Eva. It won’t be long till I show you my surprise” he scolded with a sly smirk aimed at her.

 

“Fine I’ll wait” Eva sighed with a roll of her eyes.

 

“I’m glad you can wait a little longer. Let’s go” Michael replied with a smile holding a hand out to her.

 

Eva hesitated slightly before intertwining her hand within Michael’s larger palm. She hadn’t noticed up till now that his hand was warm. She hoped he didn’t notice her slightly sweaty palms.


She held my hand. I wonder what made her want to do so. All I know I’m enjoying this warmth and I don’t mind the sweat. He thought.

 

The pair walked off in the direction of the door that had blue coloured arrow directing the pair to another side of the building. The pair didn’t notice two men dressed in casual but stylish clothing walk into the room after they departed.

 

“We have to find out who the boss’s wife to be is hanging out with. All I know he is black with an afro from the information given about him” The first guy named Sahil said to his partner.

 

“Look he shouldn’t be too hard to find in this place. Let’s search every resort in this place if you find anything page me” Rohan replied.

 

The men went to the front desk to buy tickets for themselves going in different directions to find where the couple went.

 

 

.

.

 

Unaware of the upcoming threat coming their way Michael and Eva continued to hold hands till they stopped at the room Michael had in mind to take her into.

 

“Now Eva could you please close your eyes for me? Nothing will harm you in my presence” Michael said to her.

 

Eva sighed obeyed his request closed her eyes. Michael seeing she had done what he had asked. He pulled his hand away from hers to place his hands on her shoulders.

 

He stood behind her now ready to guide her into the room where he had planned. He gently pushed her into the room guiding her into the room.

 

Eva let Michael guide her to wherever he was taking her to. Eva suddenly felt the tempature change from warm to cool when she felt a chilly breeze sweep over her body.

 

You can open your eyes Eva” Michael told her.

Eva quickly fluttered her eyes open to gasp at what was around her. She didn’t expected to see a skating rank for the first time in her life.

 

“t-this is beautiful Michael!” she stuttered speechless spinning around to face him.

 

“Well I’m glad you like it but we are going to ice skate together.” Michael replied grinning.

 

“we are?! I have never seen this kind of place before. I have only heard about it” Eva responded with a beaming smile resembling an excited child.

 

A few minutes later the pair slowly walked out of the changing room with their shoes on the floor while they made their way to the ice rank where a woman in uniform was waiting for them.

 

“hello! This ice rank is free for all. Before you go off and skate to your hearts content I’d love to explain the safety hazards to follow…” the woman said trailing off to explain everything to the listening ears of Michael and Eva.

 

The rules explained in detail the lady named Lucy skated away leaving the couple alone on the ice. She went to the waiting side for them whenever they were ready to come off the ice.

 

Now on the ice Eva felt her legs wobble underneath the weight of the fairly used grey coloured skates as she held hands with Michael who was struggling like she was on the ice.

 

“Don’t let go of me Michael.” Eva pleaded to him.

 

“I won’t let go of you. Besides I have never been a good skater like my sister Janet. She’s always dragged me along and I thought you’d like this more than me” He responded.

 

“This is fun so far but let’s see how well we do before we fall to the floor.” Eva replied with a nervous chuckle focusing on her balance and not the warmth radiating from Michael’s hands.

 

After another twenty minutes the duo had finally got themselves to stand on the make shift ice as they stood in front of each other.

 

“How about taking a picture? I’m glad I didn’t bring my good camera” Michael said to her.

 

“I don’t think that would be too wise Michael. We haven’t completely got the hang of it” Eva responded warily.

 

“It won’t be that bad besides if you I’ll catch your fall.” Michael replied with a reassuring grin to Eva.


“If we fall and I hurt myself I will call your aunty to help us out. She won’t hesitate to give u a scolding” Eva replied with a smirk.

 

“Your turning my aunt against me? How cold” Michael teased rolling his eyes.

 

Eva chuckled before she slowly skated to his side to rest her arms on his shoulders (thankful for the extra bit of height from the skates) while Michael faced the camera in his direction feeling Eva’s slow breathing fanning his neck.

 

Ignoring the blush creeping up his neck Michael pressed the button snapping the pose of them together watching the square sized picture shot out of the camera.

Eva forgetting momentarily she was on the ice glided herself away from him. She began to flail in the attempt to steady herself. Michael noticing what was happening quickly pocketed the camera and picture into his separate pockets. He failed in his attempt to try and help her but ended up slipping. He lashed out grabbing Eva’s hand pulling her down to the ground with him.

 

Michael groaned feeling the slight jab of pain rush to his skull. He laid on the frosty floor as he heard Eva join him groaning a few feet away from him.

 

“Michael your forehead is like dynamite” Eva grumbled flicking the stray hairs out of her face.

 

“I am sorry for having a big head.” Michael replied looking up at the interior design of the walls before hosting himself to sit with his arms resting on knees.

 

“I’m glad the twins weren’t here to see me fall. They’d have a fun time laughing at my failure” Eva sighed.

 

“I think it would be the other way around. Sure you fell a few times but imagine the boys coming and trying it out. That would be gold material for you to use against them” Michael replied cheekily.

 

“I didn’t expect you to be a person who liked blackmail Michael!” Eva answered in mock horror.

 

“I am friends with Paul” he reminded her with a shrug of his shoulders.

 

Ignorant the duo had two unwanted guests silently watching them for last twenty minutes seating in the upper seats.  

 

“They look too cozy to be just friends Sahil” Rohan whispered to Sahil.

 

“I agree Rohan. Once the boy comes close enough for us. We can give him the talk” Sahil replied with a dark smirk.

 

They shared a humorless chuckle before focusing their gazes back to the unaware couple.

 

Michael sensed Eva was able to skate on her own. He chose to skate off the ice skate to rest his feet and take a few pictures from the seating area. Once sat down carefully Michael sensed two pairs of eyes burning into him. He chose to ignore the feeling snap a few pictures till he heard two people suddenly sit in the two seats between.

 

Lowing his camera Michael was alarmed inwardly to see two burly hunched men sitting on each side of him. He didn’t let his nervous show as he politely asked “hello gentleman. What can I do for you today?”

 

Rohan sharing a look of communication between with Sahi. He chose to be the speaker.

 

Look kid. We have someone behind the scenes who wants you to stay away from Eva. Is that understood?” Rohan barked coolly.

 

“Why would I stay away from a friend? I don’t take kindly to threats” Michael replied in an equally cool tone.

 

“look you can take my words as a threat. Things can be done the easy way or the hard way. It’s best for

You to not poke your large nose into someone else’s business.” Rohan answered with slight jab at Michael’s features laughing bitterly.

 

“I have no clue about you are implying but like I said I do not take kindly to threats and for the record I refuse to stay away from Eva.” Michael replied standing his ground ignoring the jab at his features.

 

“all I can say is good day to you sir. Let’s go Sahil” Rohan responded sarcastically before standing up from his seat with Sahil following behind him.

 

Michael felt inwardly shaken at what he had experienced for the first time in his life. He had never been given threats in this manner apart from maybe one time he and Paul almost became target practice for one of his cult girlfriend’s father but that was another story for another day.

 

But to be threaten by some mysterious guy over being friends with Eva? Now something wasn’t right. Michael thought nibbling his bottom lip.

 

Eva witnessed the last part of the sudden appearance of the men leaving made her wonder what had gone down with them. She hoped it wasn’t serious.

 

“Is everything alright Michael? Who were those men that just left?” Eva asked curiously.

 

“They were just guys who wanted to ask about directions” Michael lied scratching his neck.

 

Eva sensed Michael was lying but chose to let it slide knowing what went down Michael would come out and tell her eventually.

 

Finished with the activity the pair left the ice rank with their shoes back on their feet going to the desert café where they enjoyed delicious homemade smoothies. Before leaving the café Michael bought Janet her favorite snack.

 

“Now we have finished our treats Eva. I still need to pick Janet from school. She’d love to see you again. She never stops raving about how awesome you are and when I’m going to make you a honorary Jackson” Michael said to Eva as they stood up from the table they had sat after eating the desserts and holding a pastel blue decorated bag that held a cupcake for his sister.

 

“sure I don’t mind. I’d love to see Janet again. She is a feisty young girl” Eva replied smiling.

 

“Are you telling me you prefer my sister over me?” Michael joked with a raised eyebrow as the pair walked out of the building.

 

“I didn’t say anything to warrant your worries Michael. She is precious and you’re pouting again” Eva teased sipping her chocolate smoothie.

 

“I don’t pout but let’s get going.” Michael replied with a roll of his eyes as the pair strolled to his car.

30 minutes later the duo arrived at ‘Westminster City School’ at exactly six thirty. The car was parked with other cars waiting for their child to come out of the school gates.

 

It’s been a few minutes since Janet’s school activity gymnastics club had ended and she was standing near the inner building for sports with her friend (crush) who had just finished his football club session.

Janet giggled sweetly as she stood up looking into the hazel coloured eyes of Kendrick who stood by her side in his white and blue striped uniform cracking jokes. He clearly enjoyed hearing her twinkling laughter.

“It was nice eh talking to you Janet but doesn’t your brother come around to pick you up at this time?” the young boy named Kendrick said looking down at his watch.

“Your right! I’ll talk to you some other time Kendrick. Bye” Janet gasped remembering her brother was coming today to pick her up. She ran out of the building and into the playground sidestepping to avoid bumping into anyone towards the school gates.

“I wonder where she is.” Eva pondered out loud since finished with her drink gazing though the gate at the flock of students hanging about trying to spot Janet.

“Knowing my sister she’s talking to a guy she’s crushing on currently.” Michael sighed.

“Let her have some fun Michael.” Eva replied with a roll of her eyes.

“As long as fun doesn’t involve physical contact I’ll be happy” Michael replied with a shrug of her shoulders.

Before Eva had the chance to reply the backseat door of his car open and slammed shut. Janet threw her bag inside before bending into the car to sit in the middle of the backseats.

 “Mich–Eva! You’re here! I didn’t know you guys were hanging out today” Janet yelped before her eyes focused on Eva sitting in the front seat.

“Hi Janet. Well your brother surprised me today going to this place…” Eva explained to Janet while Michael started the engine.

Ooooh it was date? Aw I’m happy you both are finally admitting your feelings” Janet said tormenting the duo.

“We are not dating dunk. I don’t think Eva would want to date me” Michael chuckled recalling the memory of her snapping at him and Paul.

“Well did you get me at least something brother? I see the empty drink” Janet accused her brother sensing there was a need to change the subject.

“Of course I would never forget my beautiful little sister. Eva please hand her the bag” Michael cooed at Janet.

Eva handed the bag over to Janet who opened it in excitement to see a cupcake topped with icing and juicy strawberry.

“Thanks Michael. What you been doing Eva?” Janet replied as she stuffed the delicious treat into her mouth.

The girls chatted back and forth as Michael drove on listening quietly to their endless gossip.

Meanwhile …

“well did you idiots get the young boy to back off from my wife to be?” the calm and collected voice of Vikram spoke from the letterbox phone his two henchmen were currently squeezed into listen.

“No sir. He wasn’t phrased by any of our words sir. We gave him enough to back him off but he didn’t want to” Rohan explained to his boss feeling the long streaks of sweat trickle down his stubbly neck.

“Both of you are just lucky I am in a pleasant mood. But plans have changed we need to set up for the future for the runt to understand that no one gets close to my kudi” Vikram replied in a cruel tone.

“yes sir we understand” the pair replied in union.

“I want you both at my office in an hour. I pray you both don’t be late” Vikram drawled sweetly.

 

“yes sir” they repeated with shivers running down their backs . Vikram cut the phone call and Rohan slammed the phone back on the dial before shoving Sahil out of the letter box. 

End Notes:

it's been awhile I've been busy! but from now I will only able to update when I can due to my work from univeristy being my first property :).

Enjoy this chapter!

until next time!

XV by Lorry

 

Eva walked out of her bedroom closing the door. She decided to arrange the clean stack of dishes back into the cupboards before she went to bed, hence arriving home from her fun filled day with Janet and Michael two hours ago.

Hopping off the last stack of stairs she walked in the direction of the kitchen but stopped by the thrilled voice of daadi inside the living room.

“Eva! Come to the living room. I have someone special on the phone to talk to you!” Daadi said in an eager tone.

I wonder who it could be. It can’t be vikram he is always too busy to call. It should be mama and papa it’s been awhile since I last spoke to them. Eva mused.

 

Eva obeyed stepping aside to open the living room door to see Daadi holding the landline to her ear with a beaming smile.

 

“Your husband to be is on the phone! He wants to hear your sweet voice Eva. Since he is tired of talking to mine” Daadi said in response hearing the chuckle from the other end.

 

Eva stared in doe eyed disbelief at the words that had just come out of daadi’s mouth. She didn’t want to talk to Vikram.

 

She answered in a soft tone “daadi it’s late can’t I talk to him tomorrow. I have to sleep”

 

“It is never too late for your husband child! Come talk to him now! I don’t want to run his phone bill to call us. Don’t mind her my son in law.” Daadi barked at poor Eva before handing the phone over to her.

 

Holding the phone to her ear under the watchful of Grandma Riya Eva spoke into the phone meekly.

 

“Hello Vikram”

 

“hello my patnee honi ki liye. Indeed it has been a long time we last spoke. I hear from daadi your studying a subject? Why didn’t you confide in me?” He replied in a smooth loving voice that sounded false in Eva’s ears knowing what he truly meant underneath his words.

 

Why didn’t you ask for my permission to study in a collage! You are under my control and don’t think I can’t break you.

 

I- I thought it would keep me occupied till you return prem.” Eva replied softly.

“well next time please do inform me of your activities of any kind that doesn’t involve me hm? It is getting late I’ll leave you be for the night. I will call you again for next few days so you can enlighten me about your studies so far” He replied.

“Yes. Goodnight” Eva answered and Vikram hung up the call. It felt like an eternity talking to Vikram on the phone and she wasn’t looking forward to spending more time on the phone with her husband to be.

“Wonderful child. I am so glad to hear you and Vikram talk again. When did he say he will call again?” Daadi asked curiously.

 

“He said he will be calling for the next few days.” She replied with a grimace.

“now that is excellent child. Now you can go back and do what you wanted to do before I called you in. drop the phone down for me” Daadi told her before looking away to continue watching the TV show on the television.

Eva obeyed her commands and left her in the living room. She went to the kitchen bending down with her head in her hands breathing in and out to calm her frizzled emotions from the conversation with Vikram reminding her again of destined doom.

.

.

 

Sunday the 9th of May 1997

Over the last few days Eva tossed and turned losing sleep over the threats Vikram always seemed to say in their nightly conversations since Wednesday’s night call. She feared for his return in several months’ time. She didn’t want to lose the small portion of happiness she had found in Michael, his family and Paul because of him.

She knew once she was married off to Vikram there would be no chance for her to see them ever again. He wouldn’t allow no one else but her family come near her when he decides to leave her back in India and do what he pleases.

 

It was midafternoon as Eva cuddled up in her duvets trying to catch up on lost sleep. But it looked like it wasn’t going happen, when the door creaked open revealing Adil. He quietly tip toped into the room to see his cousin cocooned in multi coloured duvet snoozing away.

Adil felt shame slither in his chest at what his older cousin was going to face with such a vicious and cold hearted man. He wished he could find a way to help get her get out of this mess she was sent here for.

But for now he would allow for her to get the small piece of happiness she received from Michael and his family alongside Paul. After thinking about what would eventually happen. He admitted inwardly the afro dude wasn’t a bad guy. Now all that was left to do was convince his stubborn twin that he wasn’t bad news. He hoped one day he would change his mind and think about his cousin’s happiness instead of being such a hypocrite.

Shaking his head to clear his mind off his thoughts Adil quietly walked up to her bed ripping the duvet of her ignoring the drowsy glare she threw at him giving back a mischievous grin.

“Get up cousin. You have a guest waiting for you down the road” Adil said in a cheerful voice.

“Who?” Eva replied rubbing her eyes sleepily.

“Oh he has a afro and seems to be in love with you. Does he ring any bells?” Adil described with a sly smirk.

Michael is here?! Please tell him I’ll be ready in thirty minutes!” Eva blurted out pushing Adil back to get herself off the bed to get ready.

“Don’t worry I will. Eva I am on your side now. I know before I wasn’t happy about your friendship

But now I see Michael Jackson is a good guy” Adil admitted to the astonishment of his cousin.

Adil mentioned where he was parked before leaving her to get dressed. Popping his head in the room to check on his twin and found him snoring for all his worth. Not wasting any time he left the house closing the front door behind him. He strolled out of the small parking space passing by three houses down the side walk to where Michael parked.

“Hi afro dude she is just getting dressed she will be arriving shortly” Adil said to the waiting Michael behind the wheel.

“Thanks Adil” Michael responded politely to the younger teen.

“So I sense you might have accepted me in your lives. Is that a good thing or should I be worried?” Michael said to break the awkward silence.

“Well I admit you’re not a bad guy doesn’t mean that I’ve accepted you like aaddesh will. You’ll have to convince him better than me” Adil replied shrugging his shoulders.

“I’m glad to be in your good graces at least. So how about spending time with Paul? Eva told me you both admire him for some odd reason” Michael replied with a smirk.

 

“What really? You’d get a session for my bro and I to spend time with him?—that’s eh fine” Adil gushed then realized he was acting like a fan coughed inside into his hand.

 

“Sure Paul has told me he doesn’t mind continuing the lessons he was teaching you during the cook out” Michael replied with a grin.

 

The pair shared a light hearted chuckle before the presence of Eva rushing into the scene interrupted the conversation.

 

“I’m here! Oh you both are getting along.” Eva said. She was surprised to see Adil and Michael laughing together for the first time.

 

=“Of course we get along silly sheesh. Don’t worry Eva I’ll inform daadi that you went out to spend a day with some classmate or some other excuse. Nice talking to you afro head. Bring her back by 5.30 she needs to be home in time for a phone call” Adil replied before walking away with a wave behind his back.

Eva gazed at the back of her younger cousin sighing till she turned around to open the door of Michael’s car to bend down and seat inside the car seat.

“I know it’s slightly unexpected for me to suddenly appear like this Eva. But I really did want to spend more time with you today. We need to talk” Michael said in a serious tone.

“Oh about what?” Eva replied curious and on guard for the first time hearing Michael using such a serious tone towards her.

“We can discuss that when we get home. My uncle and aunt havebeen asking about you since the cookout. Well more of Aunt Jay than Uncle Roy” Michael replied with a roll of his eyes breaking the serious atmosphere. He started the engine and began to drive out of the car space.

“Oh no your aunt jay loves to tease me about our eh relationship” Eva replied red-faced.

“She means well. She likes to tease you” Michael replied with a bark of laughter.

The pair continued to chat during the drive to the Jackson family home. They arrived in the nick of time as Michael parked in his usual spot.

The duo walked away from the car to step into back garden to see Janet, Aunt Jay and Uncle Roy sitting on wooden chairs and small table in the middle carrying the half-eaten cheesecake and cool beverages.

“Well damn the fucking famous Eva is back! Back to see us kid?” Uncle Roy yelled greeting with a beer in his hand.

“Roy! How many times have I told you about swearing in front of the kids?” Aunt Jay said giving her husband a pointed glare while she tucked into her slice of cheesecake.

“I clearly don’t care hun. I will swear in front of them they aren’t fucking children.” Uncle Roy replied with a snort.

“so when we have our own kids you will swear freely in front of them?” She retorted back.

“okay you two let’s not frighten our guest. Hiya Eva. I’m happy to see you again!” Janet injected into the squabbling older adults knowing how silly their arguments can be.

“Hello everyone. How is everyone?” Eva responded shyly to the trio of eyes watching her.

After the greetings Michael and Eva spent some time with the rest of the family till they left going to his bedroom where they both sat on his bed facing each other.

“The reason I came over to see you Eva. On Wednesday when you saw those men leaving. They threatened me to stay away from you and that made me curious. Why would these men I don’t know tell me to stay away from you? It also bought back the memory in my mind during the day we went to the supermarket and the elderly lady you spoke to eyed me in disgust and you never explained what it all meant. Now is there a chance you could explain what is going on to me??” Michael explained in a firm tone.

“Well the old lady was a friend of my grandma at home. She disapproved that I was spending time with you. You see Michael my family aren’t exactly warm to meeting new people who are not Indian.

I am not even fully Indian but my grandma loves to throw jabs at my mixed heritage she isn’t the only one who doesn’t love my mixed heritage that my mother married into. Most of the time its looks of disgust or cold glares my family receive from the community or my mother’s side”

 Eve sighed in response.

 

“I did notice you weren’t fully Indian Eve. Your eye colour gave it away” Michael replied jokingly.

“I’m glad you finally notice but apart from that the men you mentioned I have no clue who they are. I have never spoken to them before” she replied truthfully.

“It’s sad your family do this to you Eve.  If you need a place to stay away from your family. My family and I have your back. It’s obvious everyone loves you and I believe you” Michael replied while he bravely wrapped an arm around her shoulder pulling her to his side.

Eva felt the flutter of butterflies her stomach as she breathed in his natural scent mixed with a hint of mint. She didn’t want to let the hug end if not she would continue to allow the unknown feelings spring to mind.

“Would you like to learn about what my life was back home?” Eva coughed scratching her nose.

“Am I going to learn that you were a rebellious child?” Michael gasped in mock horror.

“I wasn’t that bad!” she retorted slapping his shoulder while Michael chuckled from her reaction.

Sure you weren’t Eva. Now I want to hear what you did as a child” Michael replied sarcastically.

“I was around seven or six around the time when this story came about. I was at home with my cousins at their house. You see my family lived in a semi large village where everyone was safe enough to let the children to walk around the village as long someone else was there to watch over us. I had gone to my cousins’ place on my own where my ten year old cousin Kiran was bored and wanted to have fun. So she suggested with my cousins and I grab the buckets to fill them up with water to start a water fight. It didn’t take long for us to be throwing water at each other until I noticed my bucket was empty. I decided   to seize some mud from the ground and threw it at the back of one of my cousins closest to me. Sadly we all ended up in trouble for ruining our clothes” she explained with a smirk.

“You were a rebel. Look out world here comes Eva” Michael replied with a smirk.

“Don’t you mean famous Eva?” Eva replied with a cheeky wink.

“Well I – uh” Michael stuttered speechless. He hadn’t expected her to wink at him.

He coughed looking away as Eva snickered behind her hand.

“How about a game of shooter soaker?” Michael suggested.

“What is this game?” Eva questioned confused.

“The aim of the game is use the guns filled with water to get the person or group of people soaked from head to toe. It’s a fun lighted game and I thought you might like it or we can do something else” Michael explained to her.

“That sounds wonderful! I haven’t played water fights in a long.” Eva exclaimed excited by the game.

 

“Well there is a catch… It’s usually a family game and I was wondering if my family could join us besides the loser who is completely soaked has to buy the whole family Chinese” Michael asked with puppy dog eyes.

 

“Don’t throw those eyes at me Michael. I have enough cousins to be immune to it. I love your family and it would be fun. Who won the last time this game was played?” she replied with a roll of her eyes.

 

“Paul won but he chose to buy Chinese for Janet’s lost” Michael sighed.

 

“He truly is a gentleman” Eva replied with a laugh.

 

“He would be so pleased to hear you say it” Michael said laughing along with her.

 

Not wasting anymore time the pair rose from Michael’s bed not allowing the serious conversation they shared previously overshadow their minds momentarily. The duo walked out of the house where the rest of the Jackson family were still sat relaxing.

 

The rest of the Jackson clan were happy to hear about the return of their favorite game they hadn’t played in a long time. So Michael and Janet left Eva with their uncle and aunt to find the box of water shooters inside the house.

 

 

Now inside the storage room (next to the kitchen) Michael dragged the cardboard box underneath a stack of old boxes. He opened the lid to see the nerf super soaker alaphafire blasters staring back at him.

 

“It’s been awhile since we last played Michael. Why the sudden time to play it now? You want to impress Eva?” Janet said in a teasing tone.

“eh no. It’s just a friendly game dunk!” Michael protested before lifting the box off the ground.

 

sure you don’t bro” Janet mocked in a sing song tone stepping aside to let Michael walk ahead.

 

Michael didn’t bother with a reply as he focused his attention walking to the back of the house. Janet followed closely behind him. The pair of siblings arrived outside the home to see Aunt Jay squeezing poor Eva’s cheeks while Uncle Roy was snickering behind his hand watching his wife embarrass his nephew’s girlfriend.

 

Noticing the siblings had returned Uncle Roy stood up from his seat to gently pull his wife away from Eva’s reddening cheeks.

 

“Shit love leave the girl’s cheeks alone. Don’t embarrass her any further. The kids are fucking back now” Uncle Roy chided.

 

“Good your both back! Now I can explain the game to Eva. We usually would spilt into teams of three and two. But since Paul isn’t here we can still spilt into the same number. Now who wants to pair up with---?” Aunt Jay explained before she was cut off by Janet’s yell.

 

“I’ll team up with Eva and Michael can team up with you!”

 

“Aww baby you want to spilt the couple up?” Aunt Jay said in a teasing tone.

 

“Aunt Jay! It’s nothing like that! But I did want to pair up with you Eva. Perhaps next time” Michael sighed rolling his eyes at the smirk on his aunt’s face.

 

“Well um it’s fine with me.” Eva replied locking eyes with Janet who gave her a cheeky grin.

 

“Teams sorted. Let’s get fucking started!” Uncle Roy hollered.

 

Aunt Jay sighed at his language knowing how much she nagged he wouldn’t stop. Without any delay the water guns were filled with water from the garden hose and passed around to each person. Almost immediately the game began as Uncle Roy sprayed the first shot at Janet who dodged his aim. The game continued good heartedly with yells of protest and cheer as everyone ended up becoming partially soaked apart from Michael who ended up soaked from head to toe.

 

“Well that was a fun game. It’s my turn to get Chinese.” Michael sighed shaking his empty gun as everyone else laughed at his drenched appearance.

 

“Indeed son. I can’t wait to eat my share of the food” Uncle Roy boasted rubbing his tummy.

 

“Aren’t you cold Michael?” Eva asked in concern eyeing Michael’s trimmed body though his drenched shirt.

 

“oh? You don’t like what you see from my brother Eva? We can have a sleepover some time if you want to see his body more” Janet blurted out to the shock of her guardians and Eva.

“JANET!” the trio hollered at the young woman.

“What? I wasn’t saying she should see him naked sheesh” Janet replied innocently shrugging her shoulders.

“I’ll get dressed and when I come back I’ll drop you off home Eva. Please ignore what my family try to rope you into” Michael replied to Eva grinning sheepishly then turned around to dress into a fresh set of clothes.

Luckily Michael didn’t stay up in his room for too long after ten minutes he was outside yet again to see his family engaging in a civilized conversation with Eva.

Eva looked up from her chat with Aunt Jay to see Michael in a fresh set of clothes wearing a cherry t-shirt and navy coloured jeans with white sneakers on his feet. Eva wished farewell to the family and left with Michael to get home in time.

End Notes:

been awhile since my last update!. like always I'll update when I can :)

Enjoy!

XVI by Lorry

:. Monday 10th of April 1997 :.

It was past eleven the morning for the two best pals as Paul drove his car with his friend yawning in the background of the passenger seat.

"Now pal no more yawning you'll end up falling asleep on me" Paul said in an annoyingly sunny voice.

"Why would I fall asleep when you will use bodily harm to get me awake again" Michael replied with one hand covering his mouth.

"I am a gentleman my friend I would not willingly want to hurt you because it is the only way to get you up" Paul replied as he continued to drive down the country road passing by houses and now heading into fields of grassland.

 "You say that because you're too chirpy this morning. You're never this chirpy pal. Remind me why you booked our annual bro trip this early in the week?" Michael asked staring at his friend from the corner of his eye.

"Well to give you a reminder pal. We will busy till we leave on Friday morning for my sister's the gentleman club event for the rich and fabulous. Besides we saw our tutors in enough time to give us great critics might I add. We might as well take a day to ourselves. Don't worry I won't take you away from Eva." Paul finished with a beaming smile at the look of embarrassment on his best friend's face.

 

"That reminds me Paul about Eva..." Michael trailed off to explain what had happened during their outing and what they had discussed at his place.

 

"This is quite troubling pal. How does a family treat such a sweet girl? Because of race?" Paul replied clenching his jaw in thought. He wasn't happy about the information he'd been told about Eva.

 

"I know how you feel buddy but we can't do anything for the meantime. Apart from Eva did you see the twins at collage before we left?" Michael replied changing the subject.

 

"Ah now that you mention them I did see them before our individual meet ups. Don't worry I arranged to meet them tomorrow afternoon." Paul answered with a chuckle.

 

"Still where are we going? You haven't said a word about where the hell we are driving to" Michael accused his friend.

 

"Now Michael buddy have some patience. Where we are going will surely bring back some childhood memories" Paul replied without breaking his attention from the road ahead of them.

 

Michael sighed knowing it was useless to try and get information out of him. Instead he chose to change the subject again asking about the latest news.

 

An hour later...

 

Finally arriving to Paul's mysterious location, the pair of friends walked away from the parked car to see fields of grass surrendering them.

 

Paul didn't reveal the destination to the annoyance of Michael as the pair continued to walk on the seemingly never ending field of grass till they stood on a hilltop looking down to see a farm house in the middle of another field.

 

"You booked our day at a farm? Really Paul? I expected something slightly flashier" Michael gasped in fake horror.

 

"You still don't what we are doing buddy. Let's keep walking. There is a reason why I carried my camera along" Paul replied with a carefree shrug.

 

Wordlessly the duo strolled down the hill carefully till they were standing in front of the wooden polished brown open gates.

They strolled forward till they found a two story home painted navy blue with bushes of sunflowers surrendering the home.

 

A woman in her mid-thirties wearing overalls and a checked shirt. She wore a pair of wellington. She stood up from her seat when she saw the two young males approaching her.

 

"Hello strangers. How may I help you?" the lady asked them in a polite voice.

 

"Hello ma'am I called you about two weeks ago about a pair of hiring houses for the day?" Paul inquired.

 

Her eyebrows knitted briefly in thought before a flash of acknowledgment was written on her face.

 

"Oh! you're the charming lad I spoke to. Glad to match a face to the voice" she replied smiling gently.

 

"Your voice clearly doesn't match your beauty miss--?" Paul complimented charmingly before he was interrupted by her.

 

"Miss Frankie. Well let's get you boys suited and ready to meet my horses" Frankie replied winking at Paul.

 

She brushed past the two young men swaying her hips as they followed a feet behind her. The trio strolled to her equipment building to get themselves suited up. A few minutes later they all walked out wearing the gear.

 

Michael had kept his silence watching the flirting back and forth before the farmer and Paul that left a bad taste in his mouth due to his friend's flirtiest methods and how he could just charm women of any age.

 

"Impressed buddy?" Paul whispered to his friend knowing what he was thinking already.

"Hardly Paul. I feel disgusted how you can flirt with woman of any age" Michael whispered back rolling his eyes.

 

"Now you know I use my charm to get what I want. I won't sleep with an older woman that's slightly below my standards pal. My eyes are still on winning my dear Georgie to my side" Paul replied bumping Michael's shoulder.

 

"How is that going along by the way?" Michael asked curiously ignoring his statement in favor of his curiosity about winning the reluctant Georgie.

 

"Well you see ---"Paul was about to explain before Frankie interjected their chat.

 

"we are here gentleman!" she announced stopping in front of a metal gate. The trio gazed to see spacious field filled with several horses relaxing in peace.

 

"Your horses are so graceful Miss Frankie" Michael mentioned in awe.

 

"Now you're just saying that young man wait till you see them in person" she said with a laugh before turning around to step over the fences and waited for the duo to do the same.

 

The trio strolled cautiously towards the majestic animals who stared back at the two newcomers.

 

"So who do ya'll want to pick from? I have several to choose from" she mentioned with arms crossed.

 

"How about that horse over there with the brown coat and black hair?" Paul mentioned to her.

 

"The horse with the black fur coat standing two feet away from Paul's choice" Michael mentioned.

 

"Alright no problem." She said turning around to face the horses while the boys watched her go and bring back the horses by two leashes held in her hands.

 

"well I instructed you both how to keep my horses calm. Your horse Michael is Friesian Horse. I call him Indigo for his black fur. He is a calm tempered horse so he won't give you any issues. Now your horse Paul is my Spanish mustang. She is quite a diva. But now take the lead I've trained you both on how to handle them." Frankie explained as she gently togged the horses closer to their induvial temporary owners.

 

The duo now holding the leashes in their hands looked up to share eye contact with their individual horses feeling like children to the study heights of the horses.

 

Michael summoning up his inner courage gently put out one hand out slowly to caress the face of the Friesian horse just above his nose.

 

"hey Indigo. How are you doing hm? You're a beautiful king!" Michael cooed at the horse as it neighed happily under his gentle touch before the horse bumped his hand. Michael apologized to him refracting his previous statement.


"My apologies Indigo. You are a strong and noble horse aren't you?" Michael replied with a soft chuckle while his horse neighed.

 

Paul gawked at how his friend handled his horse on the first try thinking inwardly that his friend had to be some type of animal whisperer. He always knew how to handle every animal he was given since they met almost eight years ago.

 

Paul's mustang horse wasn't happy being completely forgotten. She swished her tail to smack Paul in the face breaking him out of his dream state.

 

"My goodness!" Paul gagged from the taste of horse hair in his mouth.

 

"I forget to mention this is Betty my prized horse Paul. She hates being ignored" Frankie chipped in patting Betty.

 

"I'm beginning to regret this eh decision buddy" Paul confessed nervously looking away from his horse as Michael snickered cheekily.

 

"Paul McCartney regretting his choice? Here I thought this place was for childhood memories not regret" Michael drawled in a sarcastic tone.

 

Paul gave his laughing friend a glare in return before trying to gently use his charm to coax his stubborn horse to be his friend which ended him earning another smack to the face.

The pair of friends spent the day enjoying each other's presence till the late afternoon leaving the farm with sore bodies from riding their horses. They ended up back at the Jackson home enjoying a hearty meal cooked by Uncle Roy.

.

.

Meanwhile.

 

Aadesh tried to block his brother's voice while they walked back home. He hadn't stopped chatting about the pros and cons of a potential relationship between Michael and Eva. Frankly he was sick of talking about them for the past two days. He didn't want to hear anymore no matter how many times he calmly stated his disagreement. He wondered when his brother had taken sudden liking for the afro walking stick figure out of the blues.

 

Aadesh quietly opened the door walking into the home rushing up the stairs to avoid his brother which sadly sometimes he wish he didn't have to share a room with a knucklehead.

 

Adil followed behind to walk into the room to see him standing there. He approached his brother placing a hand on his shoulder before asking "hey bro what's the matter? Was it something I said about Eva and afro dude?"

 

Aadesh was at breaking point of his calmness. He was tired of hearing his brother rant about them and their potential love. He felt his stomach clench at the thought of his sweet cousin and that guy in such a relationship.

Slapping his brother's hand off his shoulder, Aadesh spun around harshly to face his identical twin to see his raised eyebrows and stunned expression.

 

"Adil listen to me you haven't bothered to hear my opinion of how I feel about a potential relationship between our cousin and afro dude. I will never accept that happening because I will not let you suddenly spilt this family apart with your crazy romance ideas between them!" Aadesh retorted infuriated at his brother.

 

"Wow who's calling the kettle black hm Aadesh. When you and I know you're clearly having the same relationship wait I forget to mention is a secret. But you are too blind to see that surely Sophia hates." Adil drawled sarcastically clapping slowly to his brother.

 

"You leave Sophia out of this!" Adil yelled heatedly.

 

"Why? Because you can't expect the fact our cousin might be going down the same path? You are sucha a hypocrite!" Adil replied sarcastically.

 

"You are only saying this because you are jealous! Using your jealously and single life to mop behind the romance of others" Aadesh retorted bitterly towards his brother.

 

At this point of the argument the two brothers were chest to chest staring each other down, Adil growled at his brother saying those hurtful words to him about his love life. He wasn't interested in having a relationship at the moment. He preferred his solitude and his brother was throwing that at him?

 

"I can't believe you'd say that kind of shit to me bro! I WILL NEVER BE JEALOUS OF YOUR relationship" Adil roared at his twin before tackling him to the ground.

 

At this point Eva had been sitting in her room finishing off her latest art homework on the floor of her bedroom. She didn't pay any mind to the door slam in the direction of the twin's room until she heard the frequent yells believing the twins will sort their argument out. Till she heard the last shout swiftly abandoned her work to scramble out of her room to the twins room.

 

Before she knew it she opened the door to witness the twins tangled on the ground biting and scratching at each other.

 

"What are you both doing?! Stop fighting!" Eva cried at the twins rushing forward to pull them apart. She grabbed Aadesh by his hair pulling him away from his brother ignoring his grunts of pain from the feeling of her nails.

 

She pulled him far away to create distance between the duo. She bent down to the ground crossing her legs in between the brothers so they wouldn't have a chance to grab each other again.

 

"Could you both please explain to me why you both were on the ground arguing and fighting so loud?! You boys never have disagreements that have lead you both to fight!" Eva commanded in a strict tone looking back and forth between the brothers.

 

"This time my stubborn relative couldn't even bother to listen to my side for once!" Adil being the first to speak up giving his brother a piercing glare.

 

"Listen to your side when you never listen to me? How rich" Aadesh drawled rolling his eyes.

 

"Oh because you couldn't bother to admit you're having a relationship with Sophia? Whoops my bad that slipped." Adil gasped in false horror.

 

"You little-!" Aadesh said half ready to jump up and tackle his brother but Eva kicked him back down with the heel of her foot.

 

"Now sit back down Aadesh! Both of you will not physically fight while I‘m seated here. You couldn't tell me you were in a relationship Aadesh? Why are you keeping secrets from me?" Eva stated in a firm tone till her gaze softened towards the blushing Aadesh while Adil smirked smugly.

 

"Yes I'm in a relationship with Sophia the girl you met last week" Aadesh replied sheepishly.

 

"You can explain later why were you both arguing?" Eva asked in a gentle tone now waiting for an answer.

 

Adil and Aadesh communicated though their gaze briefly agreeing it was wise for her not to know what their true conversation was about.

 

"It was about Sophia...Adil was complaining that he never got enough time with me!" Aadesh lied smoothly.

 

"Yeah what he said. It's sad how I never get enough time with my bro" Adil agreed sarcastically.

 

"Are you sure that is it?" Eva replied narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

 

The pair of brothers nodded with tight smiles plastered on their faces.

 

 "I'm going to go out. I need some fresh air from the house" Aadesh announced getting up from the floor.

 

Adil couldn't help but give one last reply before his so called brother left "greet Sophia for me"

 

Eva and Adil noticed Aadesh's back tense briefly as he breathed out a loud sigh before leaving the room to get out of the house to clear his mind.

 

.

.

.

Daadi walked out of the temple allowing a huge grin grace her lips walking to the taxi building to book a taxi to take her home. She sat in the waiting room clutching her bag with the receipt of the paid wedding date.

End Notes:

Enjoy!

XVII by Lorry

 

Tuesday 11th of May 1997:

Paul sat under the shade of a vacant trees in the collage enjoying a quiet afternoon with one of his girls sat on his lap while he drank from his cup of jasmine green tea.

“Now poppet I have some business with a friend of mine. He will be arriving and you will have to leave me. Will that be alright with you Nicole?” Paul mentioned to his favorite girl from his harem.

“My name is Mariah. I’ll go when this friend arrives but when will you upgrade me to be your main girlfriend?” she mentioned running her hand though his auburn locks.

“Well you see love that won’t happen anytime soon. You see I have plans soon and they don’t involve you” Paul replied coolly taking another sip from his tea.

“But why? I thought you loved me Paul!” Mariah gaped at him flabbergasted.

“Eh am I interrupting?” A young male voice injected before Paul could reply to Mariah.

“Ah Adil you are not interrupting anything at all. Mariah this is the person I mentioned earlier. Can we talk later hm?” Paul replied with a casual smile.

Mariah huffed before getting up from his lap to storm off in anger. Adil stepped aside to avoid her wrath watching her walk away.  

“Woah you have to teach me to get a girl like that” Adil gushed happily bending down to sit by Paul’s side.

“Kid it is a gift to be this charming but nonetheless you have to build the charm up and get to the level of girls I have. Before I continue is your brother on his way?” Paul replied staring behind Adil in hopes the other boy would appear.

“He won’t be joining us today.” Adil replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

“Alright kiddo. You’ll just have to explain my words to him. Now do you have something with you to write with..?” Paul replied changing the subject.

The rest of the afternoon the duo spent chatting about Paul’s tips and tricks. At one point using Paul’s taught charm on ladies earning Paul more phone numbers. While Adil managed to get two phone numbers from some of the girls he spoke to.

Paul told the younger boy about his family business reminding Adil of past conversations with Vikram bringing up a ‘gentleman club’ he went to once in a while.

“Eh Paul if you see a man named Vikram Khatri watch out for his silver tongue” Adil warned in a serious tone.

“Sure kiddo. His name sounds familiar. I have seen his face amongst the guests but I never had the chance to speak to him directly. Don’t worry kiddo my charm is practically dipped in diamonds” Paul replied confidently but inwardly wondered how this man could possibly be connected to Adil’s family.

In between the days before flying out to Dubai to attend the 20th anniversary party for ‘House of McCartney’. Michael choose to spend Thursday afternoon with Eva. The pair sat together in his car both munching on Jaffa cakes parked near Eva’s home.

“Look Eva I just wanted to tell you I’ll be leaving on trip with Paul this weekend.” Michael mentioned as he wiped off cookie crumbs from his lips.

 

“That’s why you decided to lure me into your car and give me these biscuits! So you could use these biscuits to distract me about your sudden trip away” Eva accused teasingly. Recently the twins had introduced her to the popular chocolate biscuits. She couldn’t help falling in love with the chocolatey treat.

 

“I didn’t know you liked these biscuits! It was a random snack choice” Michael implied innocently.

 

“You can’t lie Michael! when you can handle spice then I will believe your lie instead.” Eva replied snickering behind her hand at the look of annoyance on Michael’s face.

 

“You always have to remind me about that weakness? Why?” Michael groaned tiredly.

 

“It’s because you simply can’t handle the spice.” Eve answered with a smirk.

 

“Even though I’m going on this trip. I will miss you” Michael confessed bluntly looking away from Eva.

 

“I-I’ll miss you too! B-b-but I won’t be too lonely. The boys will be home keep me company! It will be like you never left Michael.” She stuttered in response taken back by his sudden outburst.

 

“I’ll miss you too Eva. I won’t be gone for long to the point where the boys would drive you crazy” Michael responded holding her hand to squeeze lightly.

 

“let’s hope I’ll have some peace of mind when your away but I have to go back inside now Michael. This was nice” she responded feeling the butterflies in her stomach from his touch.

 

Not allowing the moment to linger any further Eva withdrew her hand from his to gather her things before opening the door to walk home. Michael waited till she was safely indoors before starting the engine to drive back home.

 

 

:. Friday 14th of May 1997:.

 

Friday morning the pair of friends strolled into the airport with their suitcases secured in the trolley looking around for Marissa. After sometime they gave up their search deciding to stand in the middle of the busy environment hoping she’d spot them.

“Where could Marissa be?” Michael inquired.

“If I knew I’d tell ya buddy” Paul replied sighing.

“Let’s hope Marissa acts calmly in public” Michael grumbled in response.  He hadn’t seen Paul’s over affectionate sister in months and frankly he’d love to keep it that way.

“You called?” Marissa announced whispering in Michael’s ear startling him to bump into Paul’s back.

“What on earth has you frightened buddy? Oh I see why you’re frightened. She does have a rather scary face!” Paul said titling his head to see his sister in a black and white stripped jumpsuit standing in front of them.

“Hello poppers. It’s wonderful to see you finally taking interest in the business. Michael babe how are you? Did you enjoy hearing my voice?” she said to the duo.

“eh it’s nice to see you again and your voice is comforting” Michael lied with a forced smile.

 “Aww you’re so sweet. We should go on a date sometime” Marissa replied flirtatiously running her hand down poor Michael’s arm.

“Now milkshake. I won’t let you ruin Michael with your strange fantasies! Leave my friend for his girl” Paul jumped in smacking his sister’s hand away from his friend’s shoulder sensing his discomfort.

 

I’ll just ignore Paul’s about me having a girlfriend and be grateful he saved me from Marissa’s clutches. Michael thought inwardly grateful for his friend having a six sense when it came to his sister.

 

“New girlfriend?! We can talk about this on the flight to Dubai. We have a long flight ahead of us” Marissa replied.

 

The trio walked together (Paul in the middle) to keep his sister away from his friend as they chatted till they were sat comfortably in first class enjoying a snack or beverage to themselves mentally preparing for the long flight ahead.

 

Arriving late in the evening the trio exhausted from their long flight decided to have a light dinner from the first class hotel menu before going to bed to wake up for their busy day.

During the day as Paul and Michael escaped from Marissa’s clutches ended up exploring one of the small mini shopping malls and not forgetting to buy something for Eva. They also decided after buying her gift to discover the beautiful area they were settled in till the evening.

Nighttime descended on the trio and they hurried to get dressed in their best casual outfits for the planned 20th Anniversary of ‘House of McCartney’ that Marissa had been planning last year.

Before they walked into the room Marissa hired for the event she gave a warning to her brother “Alexander I want you to please learn from this experience and charm as many men as we can to continue our business. Create conversation perhaps flirting might work”


“Excuse me sister I do not swing that way. And you shouldn’t call me be that dreadful middle name” Paul replied wincing.

“Good. It means you’re taking this seriously. Michael babe follow Paul to keep an eye on him” Marissa replied to the duo.

Now the small talk was over the trio walked together to the door. The butler gave a curt nod before opening the door for them. They walked in one by one to see several gentlemen scattered in the elegantly decorated room. The guests engaged in various conversations creating a quite buzz inside the spacious room till the sudden appearance of their awaited hosts ceased the conversations. Curious eyes focused on the sudden arrival of their hosts.

In a spur of quick minded thinking Paul broke the hushed silence by spreading his arms in welcome with a cheeky smirk present on his thin lips.

“Hello gentleman! I hope you all are enjoying yourselves as my sister and I have arrived at last. I know it’s been awhile since I was last here but I see I haven’t missed much.” Paul announced to the people earning entertained chuckles in return.

“To conclude my brother’s statement we hope you all enjoy yourselves as we celebrate our parents 20th year anniversary running the McCartney House” Marissa added with a charming smile.

The conversations picked up once more as the trio stood together chatting momentarily till Marissa’s gaze connected with a younger caramel coloured man standing alone with a glass of iced vodka in hand. Paul watched his sister strut to the younger man and he couldn’t help but roll his eyes.

“So buddy now that we are alone. Need a drink?” Paul mentioned facing his friend who had been quiet though out the whole exchange.

“Please. I’ll stand over here by this plant” Michael replied stepping aside to stand by the plant.

“Are you sure you won’t be lonely? The tree doesn’t talk my friend!” Paul teased as Michael scoffed at him before walking away to the indoor bar.

On a mission to get himself and his best pal a cool beverage Paul strolled towards the bar greeting people along the way.

After placing the orders he stood tapping his fingers against the marble table waiting for the drinks, till a mellow voice broke the silence startling Paul out of his stupor.

“You must be Paul McCartney I’ve heard the older gentleman sing praises about”

“Hello sir. How do you know who I am? I don’t recall meeting you” Paul replied in a wary tone.

“Excuse my manners my name is Vikram Khatri. I knew your father before he passed away. He was quite a gentleman.” Vikram replied solemnly.

Why does that name ring a bell? Didn’t Adil warn me about this silver tongued fox?

Paul thought inwardly remembering the words from his prodigy.

“Well it is nice to meet you Vikram. I don’t see you as often in the club. You have a lady friend?” Paul replied in a joking manner just as the drinks he ordered were placed in front of him.

“I have been slightly busy in various business ventures and making sure my wife to be is settled in the UK” Vikram replied with a light shrug of his shoulders and smirk on his lips.

“A wife to be? Now that is interesting to hear from you Vikram. May I see what she looks like?” Paul replied with one eyebrow raised.

“If you insist…” Vikram replied dropping his glass on the marble table to shuffle though his blazer pockets to find a picture of Eva. Once he felt the crisp photograph tucked in his inner pocket he pulled it out and handed it to Paul.

Paul couldn’t stop the strangled gasp from his lips. His eyes couldn’t believe it was Eva in the coloured photo staring back at him.

What sorcery is this? How does Eva know this man?

Paul thought inwardly.

 

“Isn’t she beautiful? She’s quite the catch. I was lucky my parents were able to arrange this union” Vikram answered smirking at the shocked expression on Paul’s face.

“Ah yes she certainly is beautiful Vikram. Do you love her?” Paul replied snapping out of his stupor to look up at the older man with a small tight smile.

“She is a great accessory to look at but she isn’t exactly highly intelligent to have a full conversation. Is that enough for you?” Vikram replied to the inward disgust of Paul who could only nod his head. He politely bid him farewell grabbing the drinks.

Paul was glad to be in the presence of his friend instead of that disgusting fella. Paul handed him his drink before immediately gulping down his own beverage.

“Whoa pal what has you so riled up? Slow down” Michael blurted to his friend.

“I have some distressing news pal. I doubt you’re going to like it…” Paul answered explaining what he had just been told observing his friend’s jaw tighten in unleashed fury.

“Now Michael don’t go charging over there and ruin what chance we have with …. Eva’s fiancé” Paul replied trailing off swallowing the spit forming his throat before finishing his sentence.

“I don’t understand how she didn’t tell me Paul. Was she playing with my emotions? I-I don’t know if I can believe if this is true or not” Michael ranted to his friend choosing to gulp his own drink down in one gulp.

“Don’t worry buddy when we get back you will have a discussion with Eva and tell her how you feel as well maybe find a way out of this terrible situation but right now we need to find a way to get you close enough to see the proof” Paul responded patting his friend’s shoulder in hopes to calm him down.

Once Michael calmed down the pair of friends stood together looking around the room to find a way to somehow get close to Vikram. Paul felt the sudden rush of an idea spring to his mind looking down at the tree that stood beside him and his buddy.

.

.

 

“Sitting together between this tree isn’t one of your best ideas!” Michael hissed at his friend. The duo peered from their hiding space to hopefully spot Vikram.

“Blasphemy my friend! I always have great ideas you just never see the brilliance- -“Paul said before Michael scoffed cutting him off to say “Like when you were so close to hitching yourself off to that spoilt daughter for a company contract? That is just one example of a not so great idea Paul I can list every single crazy idea you have had in last five years”.

“She had a great body pal. We could have worked something out. You never know! Besides you are just saying that because that was one time” Paul replied looking back at his friend to give him an eye roll.

“You’re lucky I saved your ass pal. Imagine everyday having to hear her awful high pitch squeals which I might add no one should be able to reach to that level of squealing on any gender” Michael replied rolling his eyes back at his friend.

The waiter (named Frank) had been making his rounds around the spacious room serving drinks to the men in the room spotted his boss and friend hiding behind one of the larger trees in the room.

What on earth could those two be doing wedged together between a tree?!

Frank wondered staring at the odd image presented in front of him.

 

Allowing the curiosity to surface Frank went to find out why the pair of friends were sitting in such a weird position. He approached them politely asking if they needed anything.

“My friend and I would love two bottles of ice cold beers. Don’t worry we are completely fine in this position” Paul replied detecting the look of interest on Frank’s face.

Wordlessly Frank turned around and left the pair of friends returning minutes later with the ordered beverages on the tray.

Paul raised himself up taking the drinks from the tray thanking the puzzled Frank who could only walk away to continue his duties in the room.

Bottles empty on the wooden floor the duo sat waiting for another hour till Vikram finally appeared swaggering confidently to where they hid only a three feet away. They watched Vikram chat and mingle with other guests and when asked bought out the picture confirming what Paul said was right.

“You were right Paul. I can’t believe it” Michael mumbled miserable that Paul’s statement was true.

“Now buddy don’t be sad about it we can sort this out once we get back home. Now—“Paul said reassuring his friend. His hand accidently knocked the empty beer bottle to the ground producing a loud crack.

“Did you hear something?” Vikram said turning his head back to the source of the sudden noise luckily the pair hid once more squeezing in-between the tree quickly to avoid embarrassment.

“Can you move please Paul? You’re barking up the wrong tree!” Michael hissed at his friend feeling choked by Paul’s hair in his mouth and excessive body heat.

 

“Excuse me? You’re taking all the room in my TREE. Get your own tree buddy because frankly I feel choked by your hair in my face” Paul snapped back coolly.

 

Before the pair of friends could argue even further they saw Vikram spin around to stroll towards their hiding spot. The duo held their breaths in fear luckily Vikram changed his direction heading somewhere else instead.

 

“Thank goodness he didn’t find us out that would have been disastrous” Paul answered wiping his brow from the sweat forming on his forehead.

 

“Let’s be glad we were not. Let’s go find your sister” Michael agreed. The pair stood up together from the hiding spot pushing the tree back to give themselves room.

 

“You want to find my sister? A change of heart buddy?” Paul teased ignoring the glare he received from his friend.

 

They continued to walk around the room avoiding Vikram speaking to a few gentleman here and there till one in the morning. Around 1.45am the guests emptied the room to the relief of the drained and hungry trio sitting cross-legged on Marissa’s Egyptian silk covered bed sharing a Chinese meal to themselves to fill their deprived stomachs.

 “So Marissa who was that dashing specimen you were talking to? You know the guy who had a nice haircut and athlete build” Paul suddenly announced out of the blue shocking both Michael and Marissa to splutter their drinks.

He grinned cheekily waiting for his sister to calm down, it didn’t take long for Marissa to reply in a sarcastic tone “were you eyeing him? Are you sure you are not in the closet? hm Alexander?”

“Now Marissa let’s not change the topic to my sexuality hm? Admit it right here and now. You love a good looking chocolate gentleman” Paul said waving her words away.

“I-I.. I love black men! Are you happy gremlin?” Marissa snapped at Paul who could only raise his hands in surrender.

“Don’t bite my head off. I only said what you have been burning to say for years. Now I know why you’ve wanted to jump poor Michael’s bones since he hit puberty” Paul replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

“I rather not have my bones jumped” Michael added in before continuing to munch on his meal quietly.

Silence walked into the room as the trio continued to enjoy their meals till Paul once more announced to the horror of Marissa.

“So is Joel’s mystery father a black man? One night stand instance perhaps?”

“PAUL!” Marissa yelled.

“What? You think I wouldn’t connect the dots? Such little faith in my intelligence” Paul drawled sarcastically.

 

Michael could only sigh watching the sister and brother duo argue back and forth quietly eating his meal.

 

.

.

 

Daadi Riya sat with the piles of Asian wedding magazines cooing at the beautiful designs she saw flicking though the pages in the comfort of her bedroom speaking to a relative on the phone.

Eva finished wrapping the towel around soaking wet hair walking pass daadi’s room when she heard her laughter from inside.

Eva knocked on the door softly and Daadi on the other end paused the conversation allowing entry.

Eva strolled into the room to see Daadi laid in bed with a stack of magazines by her side placing the landline phone back on the wire cod.

“Child I’m glad you came to see me. Look at all these beautiful saris!” Daadi greeted with a sweet smile aimed at Eva who had never received a smile from the elderly woman since her arrival to the UK.

“They look so elegant daadi” Eva replied approaching her bedside. She gazed down at the designs worn by the beautiful models in the glossy magazines.

“Now what remains is to decide which one suit will your skin and those eyes of yours but first call that card number. I found a photographer from a friend who recommended this young man for me to take the couple photographs and the wedding photographs” Daadi replied to her.

 

Eva sighed softly at the jabs Daadi always loved throwing at her heritage and now looking at the designs reminded her how close Vikram was coming back to take her away. She didn’t want to do this.

 

She obeyed her quietly getting off the bed to her bed table to see a black and red neatly designed card that had unique designed ‘M’. She flipped the card around to see the contact details to and to her astonishment to see Michael’s details.

 

She did not expect to find out that it was him they were interested in using for the photoshoot.

“Child why are you wasting time? Call the number I want to book this boy quickly now since I have booked the temple. All is left to do is other arrangements” Daadi barked at Eva.

“I-I can’t make the call Daadi” Eva replied stuttering on the verge of tears dropping the card on the floor.

“Why can’t you!? You will do this so we can hurry the preparations for my son in law to send the money!” Daadi replied harshly.

“I’m sorry daadi but you will have to call the number or get one of the boys to call it for you” Eva replied rubbing the tears that threatened to fall down her face. She stepped back to run out the door ignoring the angry howl from the old woman.

 

End Notes:

been awhile lol.

but I have time now to update more so i'll try to update more (hopefully) don't count on it lol.

Enjoy and leave a comment telling me what you think!

 

XVIII by Lorry

 

Monday 17th of May 1997:

The early morning classes dragged on for Michael and Eva separated by their classes. Luckily he had one class for the day. Once that class ended he strolled past Eva’s classroom presuming she wasn’t in there but walked back to see Eva sitting alone. He decided in that instant to give her a slight scare. He tiptoed quietly into the room as Eva looked up hearing approaching footsteps as Michael slammed his hands down on her shoulders.

 “Michael! Don’t scare me like that!” she gasped placing a hand on her chest to stop the fast pounding of her heart from his sudden presence.

“I couldn’t help myself Eva. You were sitting so content and carefree.” Michael replied holding one hand to his stomach laughing from her reaction.

They chatted briefly before agreeing to spend rest of the day together but first get a bite to eat at a German Café that Eva suggested.

Fortunately the twins were occupied with their exams to keep an eye on their favorite cousin giving Michael a chance to ask why she had kept this secret from him.

Just as the pair was strolling to the café under the somber clouds suddenly thunderclaps followed by a heavy downpour of rain poured down from the sky catching the unsuspected friends off guard. The pair ran into the café using their bags as shields from the heavy slaughter of Mother Nature.

They stood in the café enjoying the warmth seeping into their drenched clothing looking around the room to see some customers scattered around the cozy furnished café.

“Hallo Eva! Sie Sind Zurück! Diesmal mit einem hübschen Jungen eh?”(hello Eva! You are back! With a handsome boy eh?) A silvery voice spoke up from the counter busy cleaning wine glasses. The duo looked in the direction to see a woman in her late thirties with strawberry blonde hair tied up in a messy bun with a pair of twinkling olive coloured eyes.

“Mia! Er ist mein Freund fange bette nicht an” (Mia! Please don’t start) Eva sighed.

Michael watched highly amused by the banter in German pondering what they could be discussing.

 Choosing to not indulge the cheeky waitress any further Eva dragged Michael to one of the empty seats where they both sat down in the comfortable seats facing each other.

Mia wanted to continue teasing her favorite customer once more finished her task leaving the counter with the order book in hand making her way to the couple.

“Hello what would you like to order young man today? We have a wide selection in my café. I already know your usual Eva” Mia said watching in clear amusement at how embarrassed Eva was with Michael by her side.

“What does Eva usually order here?” Michael questioned curiosity laced in his voice.

“malutasche and a slice of black forest gateu with a glass of water” Mia responded with a smirk.

“Sounds great can I have eh Sa-u..?” Michael tried pronouncing the German word from the café menu leaflet.

“Saueurbraten” Eva said helping him out as Mia wrote down the orders for both customers.

“Also I’d like to add a glass of iced tea.” Michael added in.

“No problem sir. Your meals will be ready in about twenty minutes. That will give you both plenty of time to talk” Mia replied with a wink. She walked back to the counter handing the orders over to the kitchen staff.

“Who is she? Any relation to your family?” Michael questioned chuckling while Eva huffed.

“She is a cousin from my father’s side of the family who I discovered owned this café. Since we met it has been her set goal to tease me whenever I come around. But it is nice to be able to talk to someone in German again without feeling homesick.” Eva explained.

“I’m glad you have found a bond to stay connected. Don’t worry your family will always be there. But Eva we need to talk about something I found out during my trip to Dubai” Michael replied going straight to the point.

“Oh what did you find out?” Eva questioned slightly worried.

“Do you know a man called Vikram?” Michael questioned coolly.

“Ho-w do you know that name?!” Eva stuttered one hand flying to her mouth confirming to Michael that she knew who this man was.

“Paul found out at the party that Vikram was carrying a picture of you. He claimed you to be his fiancé. Have you been playing me for a fool all this while? Using my kindness for your own pleasure?” Michael spat at Eva who could only look back at him with wide innocent eyes.

“No Michael! I-I wasn’t using you for anything. I didn’t think we would become so close in short amount of time. I didn’t expect to meet you during my stay here. Vikram and I are arranged to be married by our parents who thought we would be the perfect fit. He isn’t a kind man he only sees me to be his trophy wife Michael! I have no feelings for him!” Eva pleaded to him realizing in that moment she had fallen in love with.

“I am baffled and sad to believe you could do this to me Eva. I thought we might have been more than friends at the rating we were going but now I learn you’re going to be married to someone else what does that leave me?” Michael fumed clenching his jaw.

“I-I don’t know Michael.” Eva quietly responded looking away from him. Michael stood up from his seat shuffling though his pockets to find his wallet. He pulled a twenty pound note out placing it on the table before giving Eva an upset expression in his bambi like eyes.

“I can’t sit here knowing you kept this secret from me Eva. I need time to think if we can continue this friendship.” He said before walking way heading for the door. He walked into downpour of rain to find d his parked car.

 

“I have your meals--! Oh my where did the young boy go?” Mia announced holding the warm plates in her hands to find he wasn’t sitting beside Eva.

“He went to the store. He will be back soon” Eva fibbed throwing Mia a fixed tight smile.

“Alright I’ll just keep both of your plates on the table and I’ll take that twenty with me” Mia replied with a small smile sensing that Eva wasn’t in a good mood, walked away with the twenty in hand back to the counter.

Eva sat staring down at the plate realizing the longing to eat was gone since Michael left her in the café. All she wanted to do was wallow in her guilt for keeping such a huge secret from him for so long. She hadn’t expected him to be so angry.

Adil ran into the café after flinging the door open to avoid the heavy slaughter from the rain. In his haste to get to collage in time for his exams he forgot to pack his umbrella. Luckily for him this café hadn’t been too far for him to find. His wishful thinking to avoid the rain hadn’t worked out and unfortunately walked right into the thick of the downpour.

He stood shivering from the water clinging to his body.
“Oi! You are making my floors wet. Sit down before I make you mop it up!” Mia yelled from the counter watching the young man soak her clean tiles.

Adil snapped out of his stupor throwing a annoyed glare at Mai as she rolled her eyes at him.
“w-ow how nice of you” Adil replied though chattering teeth.

Eva was jolted out of her thoughts when she heard the voice of Adil.

“Adil? What are you doing here?” Eva said looking up from her cold plate to see her younger cousin drenched from head to toe.

Adil’s ears perked up when he heard her voice. He slowly turned around to see her siting a seat away from where he stood.

Without a word Adil strolled carefully to where she sat before flopping down on the opposite chair ignoring the loud squish.

“Hey cousin! Guess who got themselves drenched in the rain?” Adil drawled to her flicking a strand of hair away from his eyes.

“I can tell Adil. Where is aadesh?” Eva sighed.

“Hanging out with Sophia. Did anything happen cousin? You sound down heartened” Adil observed.

“He knows Adil” Eva whispered to him.

“Who knows what?” Adil whispered back clueless.

“Michael knows everything” Eva answered sniffling.

“He knows?! How?!” Adil exclaimed feeling his blood suddenly turn cold from her words alone.

“Before you arrived he told me how he found out about Vikram and it was so painful to see his betrayed expression Adil. I have never seen such an open wounded expression on any one’s face before. I regret not telling him sooner but how could I tell him Adil? That I would be given away into a loveless marriage?” Eva answered gazing down at the untouched plate.

Adil sat quietly inwardly thinking of a decent way to respond that wouldn’t leave her even more depressed than she felt at the moment with the situation.

“Cousin I might not know Michael as well as you do. But from what I’ve observed. I get the vibe from him he isn’t just the type of guy to leave you and never return. Have some faith he will return when he is good and ready to hear the full story. Cheer up or I will just have to shake myself like a dog on someone who needs a shower!” Adil replied in a reassuring tone quickly changing the subject.

“You wouldn’t dare Adil!” Eva huffed cracking a small smile feeling the heavy load on her mind drift away allowing her loveable cousin to distract her.

“Try me lovely cousin. Is it possible to get a meal because I am growing boy which by the way are your words not mine.” Adil smirked in response inwardly glad he was able to take her mind off the present drama.

Eva waved her distant cousin from the counter to order a meal with Adil after translating most of the German snacks to him. The pair continued to stay inside the café for a while longer waiting for the rain to stop.

Meanwhile...

A few hours had passed since Michael arrived home from his talk with Eva. He was pleased to find the usually loud home was empty allowing him to be depressed in his room in peace without any disturbance from his family for a few hours.

The Jackson clan finished the late night meal together without Michael in the mist. A plate of food was wrapped in foil in case Michael returned home. Currently Aunt Jay and Uncle Roy were busy washing and drying the dishes while Janet was upstairs in her bedroom.

“I wonder where our boy could be Roy? He is never out this late!” Aunt Jay rambled anxiously to her husband.

“Now love don’t fret eh. The boy will be home when he is ready shit” Roy replied while he wiped down a plate with the cloth and placed it back into the cupboard.

“well I can’t help but worry Roy since the day Katherine and Joseph died all those years ago I can’t help but worry for him” Jay replied with a sigh after handing the last dish to him then washed her hands.

“We’ve had the same discussion about this love time and time again. We have done our part to make sure the brats were raised right. You shouldn’t worry you raised an independent young man” Roy replied folding his arms after placing the last plate back in the cupboard.

Before Jay had the chance to respond Janet walked into the kitchen with arms folded against her chest with a pout on her lips to the amusement of her aunt and uncle.

“Michael’s home! I don’t know how long he has been home but I heard movements from his room when I knocked on his door. He just didn’t bother to open the door for me. Something is wrong.” Janet explained to them. The amused expressions swapped to alarm on the faces of Jay and Roy.

“Don’t worry Janet baby we will sort it out” Aunt Jay comforted her niece.

Janet nodded and spun around to go back to her bedroom leaving the married couple alone.

“Babe can you please warm the food for me? I know Michael will be hungry up in his room.” Aunt Jay asked her husband.

Uncle Roy obeyed popping the food into the microwave. They waited quietly till a ping alerted them that the food was ready. Uncle Roy opened the microwave door and gently took out the piping hot plate out. He placed it on the counter table before it could drop to the ground. They waited briefly for the food to cool before they left the kitchen to walk up the stairs to Michael’s bedroom.

Now standing in front of the door Aunt Jay knocked on Michael’s bedroom door three times knowing he would open the door for them. Inside Michael knew he couldn’t avoid his family any further staying in the darkness of his room.

Getting out of bed he walked to the door opening to see his aunt and uncle standing concern written all over their faces.

“Michael sweetheart can we come in?” Aunt Jay asked her nephew gently.

Michael sighed in response stepping back to allow them entry. Once inside Aunt Jay sat on the chair, Uncle Roy leaned on the wall while Michael chose to sit cross legged on his bed.

“Please eat Michael. I know you’re hungry” Aunt Jay coaxed him choosing to fill his stomach first before asking what the matter was.

“I’m not hungry---“he was cut off by his stomach disagreeing with a whaling sound.

“You’re stomach stays otherwise boy. Eat up” Uncle Roy interjected with a sly smirk.

Aunt Jay handed the warm plate to Michael as the couple watched him eat silently sharing looks back and forth on how to bring the matter of what could have possible have gotten their nephew so down heartened.

“Michael baby what could have you gotten down? Is it something to do with Eva?” Aunt Jay persuaded her nephew in a calm tone.

“Yes it has to do with her.” Michael responded with a sad sigh.

“Now come on kid your aunt and I are concerned about you. Tell us what is on your mind please” Uncle Roy said bluntly.

“We were at a German café...” Michael explaining the story to the flabbergasted couple.

“Dump the Asian girl boy. She isn’t good for you. She’s getting married to another man and twisting you to suit her needs! Sick shit” Uncle Roy declared stating his opinion first.

“ROY!” Aunt Jay exclaimed in horror at the words coming out of his mouth.

“What love? I can’t tell the boy to find more girls in the sea or is he too old to hear that huh?” Uncle Roy responded rolling his eyes.

“Roy I think your advice isn’t needed. Could you please leave Michael and I alone to talk?” she inquired to him.

Slightly annoyed by her request Roy smacked one hand down his face before patting Michael’s shoulder and said “don’t forgive the little shit kid there are plenty of girls out there mostly black”

Uncle Roy ignored his wife’s sigh and walked out of the room inwardly sighing knowing he was going to get a scolding from her later on. He chose to leave the house to buy himself a new packet of cigars.

“Now he’s gone Michael. I know your hurting baby but you have to see it from her point of view. I’m going to ask you a few questions before I give you my advice” Aunt Jay said in a serious tone to her nephew who stared back with the same solemn gaze.

“In this period of friendship has she done anything else to hurt you apart from keeping this secret?” she asked him.

“She hasn’t” Michael answered almost immediately.


“Perhaps she kept this secret to herself knowing she was limited on time wanting to spend the little time she had left with you?” Aunt Jay asked.

“I didn’t think of it like that Aunt Jay. But why keep this to herself for so long?” Michael wondered still lost on why she would keep this from him.

“She could have been frightened Michael. Didn’t Paul mention that this man was a business man who seemed to see her as a trophy wife and leave her while he did as he pleases? Maybe you are the freedom she needed since she arrived in the country. Maybe you give this girl a reason to wake up each day without having to think of her future! She must have treasured you enough to keep this crazy secret away from you for your own safety. It’s clear she cares for you sweetie.” Aunt Jay advised standing up with the plate and glass to leave him to think and ponder more over everything.

Aunt Jay stood near the door when she heard Michael speak up “Aunt Jay what can I do?”


“Michael baby. This isn’t my decision to make but I suggest you give her another chance to explain the whole story fully.”

Without another word she left his room with the dishes in hand. After washing the dishes she went her desk get some of her delayed papers for the hospital she worked near home.

Aunt Jay sensing she had done her part to juggle the stubbornness the Jackson clan that ran in the gene pool (including herself). She hoped her nephew heeded the words of advice.

 -- Next day --

Paul and Michael sat together in the hospital waiting area for Aunt Jay to finish her appointment with her doctor. Aunt Jay woke up Michael early begging him to come along with her to the hospital. As Roy left the home for his night shift at his job.

 

An hour later Paul was out of the shower when Michael called him asking him to come to the hospital if he had time to keep him company. Without any delay Paul left home not too long after getting dressed to meet his favorite duo at the hospital.

 

“Now pal I’ve heard the entire story from you about what happened in my absence. Did you try to give Eva a chance to explain? I know your hurt but didn’t you think she would be as well hm?” Paul answered to his pal.

 

“You’re asking the same questions Aunt Jay told me yesterday buddy” Michael groaned at his friend.

 

“Buddy I can’t help but agree with her statements. She is a wise woman for a reason. What is your decision?” Paul inquired while sipping from his jug of tea.

 

“I thought about it all night and decided to give Eva a chance the next time I see her” Michael confessed sadly.

 

“Now buddy don’t look so down-heartened. Do you want me to be there for support?” Paul replied patting Michael’s shoulder.

 

“If you don’t mind” Michael replied.

 

“Of course I’d be there buddy. I’m the peacemaker you need incase” Paul replied tapping his head with a cheeky grin.

 

“Don’t you mean ladies’ man or has Georgie helped changed your scandalous ways?” Michael answered with a roll of his eyes.

 

“Buddy it is not that easy to get rid of all my girls’ hm? I am changing little by little with her influence. She makes me see that I need to step up my game and be the man she needs” Paul remarked.

 

“I doubt that buddy. She doesn’t sound exactly happy to hear from you also how did you even collect her number?” Michael scoffed at his friendly enjoying the light banter.

 

“Connections my friend.” Paul stated simply.

 

Aunt Jay found the boys sat where she left them bickering over a woman she presumed was Paul’s new interest.

 

“Are my ears deceiving me or has my Paul found a woman that stole his heart?” Aunt Jay announcing her presence to the duo.

 

“You heard right my gorgeous lady. How was the appointment?” Paul asked her noticing her hand stroking her stomach.

 

“It was a false alarm boys about the food poisoning.  I found out some good news!” Aunt Jay replied as the friends stood up from their seats.

 

“What could the news be?” Michael asked as he and Paul heard their breaths for the news.

 

“I’m pregnant boys!” Aunt Jay gushed out to the pair.

 

“Marvelous news! What do you think Pal?” Paul responded with a beaming smile at Aunt Jay before patting his friend on the back to snap him out of his stupor.

 

“I am so happy for you Aunt Jay. You and Uncle Roy deserve all the happiness in the world for what you have done for me and Janet.  This little kid is going to be loved!” Michael answered in a heartfelt tone walking forward to engulf his aunt in a warm embrace.

 

“Aw baby that is so sweet! But please don’t tell your uncle just yet I want to surprise him.” Aunt Jay replied wiping the stray tears from her eyes withdrawing from the embrace.

 

“Our lips are sealed darling. Now please do document his reaction. That would be perfect blackmail material” Paul said with an arrogant smirk.

 

“You mean blackmail Paul. I won’t do that to my husband” Aunt Jay laughed slapping his shoulder.

The trio chose to walk slightly further down away from the waiting area only to bump into someone they hadn’t expected towards the exit.

 

“Eva?!

 

End Notes:

welp this meeting revealing the secret to Michael did not end well. let's hope He gives her chance to explain herself! Enjoy!

XIX by Lorry

 

-- Same Day, Late Afternoon --

 

“I have other errands to get through the day. I will see you all later tonight” Aunt Jay mentioned to the trio sensing her presence wasn’t need. She briskly walked away to the hospital exit.

 

Eva was sent to the hospital by Daadi for appointment to have a health check up to make sure she was healthy to bare children in the future. She had just finished her appointment when she met Michael, Aunt Jay and Paul.

 

The trio watched as she walked away before shifting their gazes back on each other awkwardly. Paul felt the awkward hung above them and decided to break it by saying in a cheerful voice “oh my Eva is that you? You are looking gorgeous as ever love but I feel a glass of ice tea will quench our thirsts. Shall we?”

 

Paul taking the lead strolled out of the hospital exit with them following behind till they found a small café across the road from the hospital. Once sat inside the comfortable seats waiting for their orders of flavored iced teas Paul once again took it on himself to get the two talking.

 

“Look you both need to get this talk out of the way please. I truly hate to see my friends be on the two sides of the spectrum. Can you please try to talk?”

 

“I’m sorry for keeping this secret away from you Michael because I didn’t expect us to become friends after the photoshoot. I thought we would go our separate ways instead you introduced me to Paul and your wonderful family. The reason I avoided telling is you because Vikram is a powerful and heartless man who only cares for his image and money I didn’t want anyone to get hurt. Please forgive me” Eva said speaking up to plead to Michael with tears shimmering in her eyes.

 

Michael listened to her words realizing inwardly his aunty was right along. He broke eye contact with Eva to look at Paul who had the same neutral expression on his own face. The duo nodded in sync agreeing silently believing her statement.

 

“I forgive you Eva but isn’t there a way for you to get out of this marriage? How did this come to be?” Michael questioned in a gentle tone.

 

Eva felt happy tears fall down her cheeks when she heard him say I forgive you’.

She was relieved to have this secret out in the open.

 

Michael pulled his handkerchief out from his front pocket, handing it over to Eva to wipe the tears away. Eva gladly took the handkerchief wiping her face momentarily before tucking the item into her bag to wash and return back to him.

 

“I agree with my pal Eva. How did this arrangement get thrown at you? Vikram doesn’t seem the type to care for you at all.” Paul added.

 

“Vikram is seven years older. My family arranged it but my parents did not want this union to happen they were against it from the start but my Daadi eh grandma in English put her foot down...”

 

Flashback..

Eight year old Eva ran in the direction of the living room excited to see a new friend Daadi had promised would be visiting from the city! She was eager to learn of his adventures with his friends and cousins. She skidded to a stop at the door of the living room when she saw Daadi sitting on the coach while her guest stood beside her while mama and papa sat in the opposite coach.

 

“Ah there you child! This is the young man I was telling you about. He will teach you many things you are not taught here. Why not take him on a tour around the house while the adults talk?” Daadi announced pushing young Vikram towards the door.

 

“That will be lovely Daadi. Let’s go little one hm?” fifteen year old Vikram said in a flat voice. The young teen was not happy to be spending his afternoon with a brat half his age.

“Sure! Come! I can show you where I find the best lizards in the garden” Eva rambled to the older boy as the pair walked out of the living room closing the door behind him.

Now the adults were alone Daadi chose to speak up about why she had brought the boy along.

 

“He’s going to make a great husband for that girl when she has grown. Intelligent and career driven” Daadi complimented happily to the shock of Eva’s parents.

 

“Husband?! Bruno and I did not agree for Eva to be put in an arranged marriage Maa” Prisha responded with eyebrows creased.

 

“Indeed Liebling and I don’t recall asking for this. We want our little girl to grow up happy without any worries of any potential marriages till she is ready” Bruno stated cooly to Daadi.

 

“I don’t want that child to end up just like you both did! She needs to stick to her race and culture with the little you are training her to be in” Daadi grimaced at the pair.

 

“Daadi must you always bring the past up! What Bruno and I did was for love. We didn’t know it would happen and yet it did. Get over it!” Prisha sneered at her mother sick of the same backlash repeated over and over again like a broken record.

 

“Now watch that tongue Prisha. I can still teach you a lesson. You went off and married a man that is not from our culture” Daadi responded icily.

 

Bruno sensing that his wife could easily spill their second pregnancy to Daadi knowing would be disgusted by another ‘inbreed’ coming into the family.

 

“Now Liebling please don’t get worked up. Daadi you need to get over our relationship. We are married and nothing can be undone. Let us go back to the discussion of Eva why do you want this union to happen?!” Bruno injected to change the subject back to their daughter.

 

“Oh hush! You’re words here are unnecessary. This marriage will bring a stable home for Eva. Is not what you want for her?” Daadi responded calmly with one eyebrow raised.

 

“How about the choice of freedom Maa?” Prisha croaked on the verge of tears from her mother’s emotionless about Eva.

 

“She will just have to cope with living with him. Who knows she might fall for the boy when the time is right. Now let us call them back for snacks!” Daadi answered firmly changing the subject and not giving the troubled parents a chance to fight back.

 

Unknowingly Eva had left Vikram lost elsewhere in the spacious house to overhear the conversation behind the door with one ear pressed to the door. The look of fright appeared on the young girl’s face about the news.

 

“I remember just feeling scared that would be my faith. After that day I forget about it thinking it was all bad dream” Eva said ending the memory.

 

“My word I have never met your grandma Eva but she sounds absolutely crazy. Completely stuck on tradition no offence my dear” Paul replied disgusted by the whole incident.

 

“Paul I’ve always thought she was but never had the guts to tell her” Eva sighed.

 

“Wait why hasn’t she done this much hassle for the boys?” Michael pondered out loud irritated by the whole crazy story.

 

“Because she believes the boys can decide for themselves and bring pure Indian ladies home or they just do not care” Eva drawled sarcastically.

 

“Is that sarcasm I hear in your tone Eva? Blasphemy buddy! She’s evolving” Paul gasped jokingly.

 

“She learnt from the best” Michael mumbled as they all shared a dry chuckle.

 

A small silence fell on the trio as everyone sat lost in their thoughts till Michael broke the silence choosing to speak up about his own secret.

 

“I guess since we are sharing secrets... I have one of my own” Michael said biting his bottom lip nervously.

 

Paul patted his back knowing what the secret was stood up to check on their orders that had not arrived at the tablet to give the pair privacy.

 

“The secret is Eva. My parents died about eight years ago in a car crash during an icy winter when we were returning from a family trip to see my grandma here. I can still remember what happened that day…”

 

Flashback II

 

Eight years ago - June 11th 1990

 

Twelve year old Michael sat beside seven year old Janet in the backseats of the family shivering and chatting to themselves as their parents looked onto the icy road ahead. Joseph Jackson held onto the steering wheel tightly driving slowly on the slippery road.

 

“Joseph we still have time to turn back and go back to the hotel. This weather is too dangerous for us to be driving in this weather” Katherine chided her husband fearful for their lives.

 

“Katie we will be fine. We have made it this far without any slip up” Joseph responded briefly holding eye contact with Katherine before focusing his gaze back to the road.

 

“Hey dad can I please take one of the warmer blankets from the boot?” Michael asked to his father.

 

Joseph could only give a strict glare to his son through the indoor car mirror that told Michael ‘NO’. Unfortunately the stubborn Jackson gene in young Michael decided to be stubborn and do his own thing. Looking away from his father Michael turned his skinny frame around to face the back of the boot to grab the warmest blanket for himself till a fist tugged around his winter jacket. He held onto the blanket as he turned his body around to see his father yelling at him to sit his ass down.

 

Unknowingly Joseph’s divided attention cost the vehicle to swerve in circles till the car threw itself off the road slamming into the muddy ditch below. The panicked screams of Michael and Janet went unheard for hours as their parents sat still from their injuries.

 

--

 

“Our parents died on the spot that day. Janet was too young to remember the incident. Granny came over once she heard the news to stay with us in a hotel.  Aunt Jay and Uncle Roy came over to pick us up weeks later to take us back to the UK to give us a fresh start. After that day the nightmares began to haunt me every night and next day I gave Aunt Jay and Uncle Roy hell till I calmed down and kept to myself till I met Paul. But I never stopped blaming myself.” Michael confessed to Eva quietly listening to his story.

 

Michael stared back at Eva with eyes haunted by the grief he had carried inside after so many years. Eva scooted her chair closer to him before cupping his hands in hers tightly to show him that he had her support.

“Michael you couldn’t stop what had happened all those years ago! It was not your fault that your parents died tragically. But you and Janet were given the chance to survive. I did not know your parents but I think they might have been proud of what you have become today. A wise young man with a gift of photography and a small circle of friends that love you. You do not deserve to fall deeper into this hurt. Let it go please not for my sake but for yourself. Michael please” she said in a heartfelt voice her eyes becoming wet with tears.

 

Michael didn’t know when the tears started to pour down his cheeks as Eva moved to wrap her arms around him. He dug his face into her shoulder holding onto her tightly as he poured out all the years of his bottled up gulit.

 

Unaware the pair had been watched by Paul from where he stood by the front counter gazing at his friends in the corner holding onto each other waiting for the right moment to come back with the drinks.

Once Michael cries reduced to sniffers Eva pulled away to stare into his blood shot brown eyes.

 

“Michael you should get yourself cleaned up. You stained my favorite top” Eva joked weakly to him. She was glad to see a small smile bloom on his lips. Wordlessly he stood up heading to the nearest male bathroom.

 

Paul decided at that moment to return with the drinks on a tray startling Eva to see him take the seat beside her.

 

“Are you ok love?” Paul questioned gently.

 

“I’m more worried about Michael” Eva responded miserably.

 

“I am glad you spoke up and told him after all these years since I met that stubborn best friend of mine has been carrying that burden on his shoulders ignoring everyone telling him it was not his fault. Unfortunately the advice never stayed in mind. This time your words somehow impacted him. I will be grateful for a long time Eva.” Paul said in a sincere voice before throwing his arms around Eva holding her gently and letting go to see the astonished look on her face while he a face a cheeky grin in return.

 

“Surprised love? I do hug people I care about. I might not give them often but I do care” Paul mentioned to the roll of Eva’s eyes.

 

“I’ve missed all the fun? Paul hugging someone that is not from his harem?” Michael announced in a calmer voice clearly sounding better using the time in the bathroom to think over Eva’s words.

 

“Ah there you are Pal. We were just getting lonely. You feeling better?” Paul replied to eye his friend carefully.

 

“Slightly buddy” Michael confessed truthfully.

 

“Maybe it’s time I give you a brotherly hug” Paul said to him standing up as Eva scooted away to give the pair space.

 

Without a word Michael went into his friend’s arms clinging to him briefly before letting go to give his friend a firm nod.

 

“I think a takeaway at my home will fill us with a few films from my building film collection. What do you say Eva?” Paul suggested to the pair.


“Sure” Eva answered excited at the chance to watch the films that the pair had argued about a while back.

 

“Fantastic!” Paul answered with a cheeky grin while Michael gave a half smile to the duo.

 

The trio arrived at Paul’s home thirty minutes later to order Chinese takeaway and prepare the movie theater room for their movie marathon of Paul and Michael’s favorite films to introduce to the clueless Eva.

 The group of friends ate and laughed together watching film after film till the clock struck six o’clock in the evening as Paul decided to drop Eva home while leaving Michael at the house to call home and tell them he would be staying over for the night.

 

Waving at Paul before spinning around to run the house in hopes of avoiding the wrath of Daadi from coming back late.

 

Eva found the house keys in her small sling bag opening the front door inhaling in the smell of spices lingering in the air while locking the door.

 

“Eva is that you?! Come into the living room please” Daadi yelled from the living room.     

 

“Yes Daadi” Eva replied feeling doubt creep in when she heard Daadi use the word please instead of using her usual barking tone.

 

Is that the voice of my patnee Hona?” the voice of Vikram boomed from the living room freezing Eva in place.

 

No he cannot be here! Why has he suddenly arrived?! Eva screamed inwardly.

 

 

-- Meanwhile at the Jackson home --

 

“that was Michael on the phone Roy” Aunt Jay mentioned to her husband dropping the landline back on the hook.

 

“Where did he go this time?” Roy asked from his place on the coach in the living room drinking a glass of beer.

 

“Michael is spending the night at Paul’s. He didn’t sound too cheerful on the phone” Aunt Jay responded with a light sigh making her way to sit by her husband on the coach.

 

“Don’t worry about the boy so much Janice he is fully grown! Shit woman” Roy reminded his wife for the millionth time on a sarcastic tone.

“I know I can’t help but worry Leroy. But as always you are right” she replied sarcastic with a roll of her eyes.

 

Roy chuckled dragging his gorgeous wife to his side placing his hand on her thigh tapping it softly in hopes of seducing her “since the kids are out of the house how about we do something we haven’t done in a while?”

 

“Leroy I have something to say” Jay said pulling away from her husband to stand in front of him rubbing her neck nervously.

 

“Oh? What can be more important than us getting it on?” Roy replied with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Something that involves the both of us” she replied.

 

“Like?” Roy prompted confused by what she could be talking about.

 

“A baby Leroy!” Jay snapped at her husband with hands on her hips.

 

Roy stood up immediately startling Jay to step back as her husband stared down at her from his taller frame with serious eyes.

“A baby? Woman you’re telling me that we are pregnant?” Roy asked seriously.

“I am Roy. You want our child?” Jay questioned her husband fearful that he didn’t want this child after many years raising her nephew and niece putting their own plans for a family aside.

 

“Calm down love why would I not be happy to have our child? We put having a family aside till the kids were grown and now they are almost are. I’m fucking excited” he replied grinning cheekily replacing the serious tone.

 

“Oh you! I’m just happy you want this baby just as much as I do.” Jay replied smacking his chest teary eyed as Roy wrapped his arms around her swaying them side to side momentarily before stopping to talk about the sudden thought that popped up in his mind.

“I cannot wait to see the kids’ expressions when we tell them” Roy snickered to Jay.

“Well baby Michael and Paul know already but Janet doesn’t know” Jay replied giving into laughter alongside her husband.

“Perfect. Remind me to burrow Michael’s camera to capture her expression” Roy replied with a smirk.

Jay rolled her eyes at him before the couple pulled away to sit on the coach to discuss plans for the next nine months.

 

 

 

End Notes:

finally the secrets are all out in the open for everyone!. tell me what ya think. Enjoy.

XX by Lorry

 

No he can’t be here! Why has he suddenly arrived?! Why does bad luck follow me everywhere I go? Eva thought panicking.

“Eva can you please come to the living room! Everyone is waiting for you especially your handsome husband” Daadi called out from the living room with a cheeky grin at Vikram while Adil grimaced as his brother laughed along with Vikram.

“I’m c-coming” Eva replied in a stuttering voice.

This will be like any other day! I can do this.

Eva spoke inwardly to gather inner strength to face her fiancé.

Eva walked to the living room not expecting to see the twins sat together on the separate coach while Daadi sat in the comfortable chair and Vik sat in the spare coach near the TV.

Daadi had been busy chatting with Vikram when Eva stepped into the room and she could not help but give her a kind smile.

“You have finally arrived child. Come sit next to your husband. He has been waiting for you” Daadi mentioned waving a hand to Vikram who sat with a glass of lemonade in hand before he placed it on the wooden floor.

“Ah yes my love. Come sit next to me. I have missed you” Vikram pipped in patting the empty space next to him.

Eva wished inwardly she could swap places with one of the boys but lady luck was not on her side. She had sit next to him knowing how fake his affections were. As she passed the twins she shared brief eye contact with Adil to sit by her fiancé’s side.

Vikram draped one arm around Eva bringing her closer to his side to portray a sweet picture but it just showed how uncomfortable Eva was next to him from Adil’s point of view.

“Now isn’t that a wonderful picture boys! I want you to find this kind of love one day” Daadi chided to the teens rolling their eyes at her words.

“I’m fine being single at the moment maybe Aadesh can bring a girl home” Adil suggested sarcastically as Aadesh threw him a warning glare.

“Daadi don’t worry the boys will bring ladies when they are ready and I bet they won’t be half as gorgeous as my Anmol” Vikram replied giving Eva slight squeeze to delight of Daadi.

“Yes Jaanam” Eva replied with a thin lipped smile in return. Inwardly she desired to be far away from Vikram.

Thankfully (to the relief of Eva and Adil) the conversation fizzled out after another twenty minutes when Daadi decided it was time for everyone to go to bed early for a busy day of planning.

.

.

.

Several Days later…

In last few days Eva had only been able to leave the house with the twins to leave for college and come back home without seeing her friends knowing that the twins were on guard duty once more watching over to make sure she did not get into anything she was not allowed to do. Meaning no time to try and find the duo who wondered why they had not seen Eva in last few days.

It wasn’t easy either for Eva to be in the same home as Vikram. He left early morning to return late at night to join the family for dinner. She always had to be by his side enduring his talk and forceful affections to the delight of Daadi while the twins watched on warily.

Sadly it did not help that rooming privileges had been changed in the house. Adil was kicked out of his room to share Eva’s bedroom sleeping on the floor whereas Vikram slept on his bed and his twin happily kicked him out in favor of their guest.

Daadi had arranged a couple photoshoot to the surprise of Eva and Vikram when she announced it to the pair suggesting they should go shopping before heading to the photographer’s studio (Paul and Michael share a studio for their commissions) around four in the afternoon.

It was past one o’clock in the afternoon when Eva and Vikram walked out together from the one of the many expensive clothing shops to the chagrin of Eva. She hated all of the clothes selections that Vikram picked disregarding any of her protests to buy what he felt was good for her.

“So we get some lunch? I know just the place” Vikram said without giving her any chance to speak up as he strolled forward listening to her footsteps behind him.

Once sat in the lavishly decorated Indian themed restaurant and given the menus by a short grey haired Indian man. Eva was glad the place he chose was familiar with dishes she knew instead of going somewhere that he would use to embarrass her.

“See anything you like?” Vikram said eyeing up from the menu into Eva’s eyes.

“Eh yes um how about the lamb curry?” Eva replied timidly.

“That will bring unnecessary weight to your figure. I want my wife to fit into any type of dress I buy for you. How about I order you the chicken salad and I’ll have the lamb curry” Vikram stated coolly without any room for argument to poor Eva.

Eva nodded knowing there no was way to get out of his statement stayed silent. The pair handed their menus back to one of the waiters.

After more shopping from Eva watching Vikram flirt with any attractive woman. They finally arrived at the photography studio.

Vikram opened the door for Eva to walk through first. Regrettably she remembered too late who was going to be the photographer when Michael’s eyes meet hers.

.

Now Michael spent most of his afternoon after a quick lunch checking all his equipment were in working order for his last client for day. Today was his day to take over the studio that he and Paul co owned to get commissions alongside their college work.

Michael didn’t expect when he turned around to see Eva standing in his studio with a panic stricken expression just as he was about to greet her another man stepped inside the studio to reveal Vikram dusting his front shirt.
“Ah you must be the young photographer my grandmother- in- law recommended. Are we all set? Have we met before? Your face is similar” Vikram said greeting Michael nudging Eva aside to bring a hand out to shake his hand wondering where he knew his face and name from. Perhaps from a business meeting?

“I doubt we have met sir.  You can get dressed first before we start so when you return I can figure out what poses you want both as a couple is that alright?” Michael lied with a firm handshake before pulling his hand away.

I can’t believe this is happening. I have to keep my cool around him I don’t want any of my feelings for Eva to leak and cause disaster for either of us.

Michael thought watching Vikram go to the changing room with his bag.

Now time was on his hands Michael quickly approached Eva to give her a tight hug before letting go to give a worried look.

“Are you alright Eva? Paul and I have not heard a word from you in last few days. We tried finding you in collage but you disappear without any chance of us finding you” Michael confessed anxiously.

“I can’t travel anywhere without the twins by my side while Vikram is around” Eva explained to the relief of Michael who drew his hands away.

“If anything happens remember my family and Paul your back if you need somewhere to escape.” Michael reminded her.

Just as Eva was about to respond to Michael’s words Vikram stepped out of the changing room wearing a navy crew t-shirt, jade coloured jeans and white trainers on his feet.

“Let’s get this photoshoot st—any issues photographer?” Vikram said with a raised eyebrow at how close the pair were standing together.
“I was helping her with some basic poses to get her into shape” Michael replied with a slight curl of his lips reminding Eva of their first photography shoot a while back earning him a slight chuckle.

 

hm. well you can go change Maahi” Vikram urged to Eva, silently wondering what was going on between the pair.

Wordlessly Eva grabbed her bag walking to the changing room leaving the two men to bask in silence.

Thankfully Eva appeared from the changing room wearing an off white blouse with light blue ripped jeans and grey high heeled boots.

Michael watched in awe as she walked towards him and Vikram delicately (so she would not end up falling flat on her face).

Vikram eyed her outfit briefly up and down stating that the first outfit was presentable for their photoshoot leading Michael to roll his eyes inwardly pushing any negative thoughts he had against this jackass to the back of his mind.

It took all of Michael’s effort to see the woman he liked no loved in another man’s arms. Thankfully he was pleased to see the pair were not attracted to each other. The photoshoot continued on for one more hour as Michael and Eva cracked jokes while Vikram felt jealousy rise in his chest at how close the two seemed to be grating on his nerves.

At around six thirty the photoshoot ended Vikram rudely slapped £250 pound notes into Michael’s palm without a word before dragging Eva out of the studio to the worry of Michael who could only watch them walk away.

Once at home Vikram dragged Eva to her bedroom flinging her onto the bed without any remorse. Not giving her a chance to get away Vikram straddled her waist slamming his thighs between her legs.

“What are you doing!?” Eva shouted at the imposing Vikram above her.

Vikram covered her mouth with his palm not wanting Daadi to hear the commotion from downstairs. He smirked ominously enjoying the wide eyed expression staring back at him in fear.

“Now my love. Let us not bring the boys or Daadi up the stairs hm? You need a reminder as my wife to never be close to any other males outside our family. Like that photographer you were so giddy to allow touch you!?” Vikram sneered cruelly down at Eva who tried to use her hands to push her legs out of his hold.

ah ah you will not be getting away from what I have planned for you” Vikram chuckled darkly. Using his other free hand he curled his fingers around the neck of Eva and began to squeeze till he was almost cutting her airways off.

The twins were walking up the stairs when Adil paused from just above the stairway to the bedrooms when his ears perceived the muffled cries from Eva’s room.

 

EVA! Adil thought running up the stairs ignoring his brother’s shout behind heading straight to the open door of Eva’s bedroom to see Vikram hovering over Eva’s body. Adil rushed in immediately tackling Vikram by the waist trying to drag him off her.

Vikram felt two arms encircle his waist pulling him away from Eva. He tried to shake the sudden weight off but that whatever was holding him did not want to let go. Instead he allowed the person to drag him off Eva. He fell to the ground on his back as the other body scrambled away.

Eva laid on her back choking from the lack of oxygen while Adil rubbed her back.

How could you be abuse your wife to be! Is this some sick desire for you?” Adil accusing the older male standing up to brush off any dust from his body.

“You will never understand what we have going on boy. This is grown business and not abusive like you crudely say” Vikram replied with a wave of his hand.

Aadesh could not believe what he had witnessed in front of him. His idol hurt his cousin without any regret and flat out denied the claims in front of him and his brother. The idol in front of his eyes transformed to a selfish and possessive man.

“She is not a punching bag for you to use!” Adil spat at Vikram.

Aadesh sensing that Vikram might hurt his brother while Eva was by his side chose to speak up to distract him “hey Vikram how about we go check up on Daadi downstairs? She might have woken up from her afternoon nap.”

 

Vikram reeling in his anger took a slow breath in before allowing a cunning smile appear on his lips as he turned around to face Aadesh at the door.

“Brilliant idea Aadesh! Let’s go see how she is doing. Oh by the way nothing happened in this room” Vikram replied in a warning tone.

Without a word the pair left the room leaving Eva and Adil alone together. Eva spoke up weakly asking Adil to please get a glass of water. Obeying Adil got off the bed rushing down the stairs then seconds later returned with a glass of cool water in hand. He sat on the bed once more handed it over to her.

Eva shakily brought the glass to her lips slowly sipping the water down to quarter of the glass. Adil gently took the glass out of her hands and placed it on the side table.

“Are you alright Eva?!” Adil worried eyeing her up and down to check for any more signs of abuse from her crazy minded husband to be.

“Dizzy” Eva mumbled out softly.

 “I’m going to lay you back down alright?” Adil replied in a reassuring tone. He gently helped her sit on the bed with the pillows propped up behind her back.

“Is she alright?” Aadesh asked quietly walking into the room once more gazing at his ashy coloured cousin and Adil sitting by her side on guard.

“Well she clearly isn’t Aadesh. Why are you back?” Adil sneered sarcastically to his twin.

“What I witnessed today made me realize what a bastard Vikram is. Still I do not want Eva to live with him” Aadesh responded solemnly to the astonishment of his brother and cousin.

“Well that was a surprise to hear from you bro... I am glad your eyes have finally opened. This marriage cannot happen or Eva will end up dead.” Adil answered in a firm voice.

 

“What can we do bro? Together we do not hold the power to do anything! We are only kids to Daadi and Vikram” Aadesh protested.

“Bro we have to involve Paul or Michael. They are the only people we know that will be willing to help to get Eva out of this” Adil replied sighing at the grimace on his brother’s face.

“but---“

“Looks like Eva passed out” Adil cut him off when he felt Eva snoring quietly against his shoulder. The brothers continued to chat in whispers a little longer before getting up to get some food to eat for dinner.

 

End Notes:

Oh my Vikram is harming Poor Eva out of spite and jealousy for her when it is clear he does not care for her one bit and it took Aadesh long enough to finally see that his idol was bad news. what do you think of what happened in the chapter was a turning point for Eva and the rest of her fam? tell me what ya think in the comments. see you soon!


Enjoy! <3

XXI by Lorry

--Next Day-

Eva walked out of the girl's bathroom after adjusting the scarf around her neck to sit properly to hide the bruise. She was glad her art classes were over for the day giving her some time to relax without her bodyguard cousins that were busy with their college activities instead of watching over her.

Eva was famished from skipping breakfast in the morning to avoid the presence of Daadi and Vikram. She did not want to put up another act of fake lovey dovey moments with him after what happened the night before.

Just as she was walking to the college café, a voice called out to her "Eva love there you are!"

Eva spun around when she heard her name to see Paul strolling towards her with a smile and his usual accessory of tea in hand.

 

"Paul! I've missed seeing your face!" Eva exclaimed in relief tackling the man as he wrapped his arms around her before he could topple over.

 

"Whoa love. As much as I appreciate this wonderful greeting you should be giving this to your man. Whoops I mean friend" Paul responded cheekily annoying Eva. she pushed him back.

 

"Will you ever stop teasing me and Michael?" Eva huffed at the taller man.

 

"Why would I? When I know you both will be together eventually! I'm just allowing the universe do its thing love" Paul responded with a beaming smile.

 

"I-"Eva was cut off by the scarf sliding down her neck revealing the fading bruise. She gasped feeling the breeze against her neck. Before she could try to rearrange the scarf back Paul stopped her hand and bent down to see the darkened bruise.

 

"Eva I would love to know who harmed your pretty neck" Paul asked with a serious expression staring into Eva's eyes to make his statement clear.

 

"Vikram" Eva replied looking away from Paul's hard stare.

 

"Why would such a man do such a thing to you? Paul responded coolly inwardly counting to ten to reel in the anger bubbling within him.

 

"He thought what I shared with Michael yesterday at the photoshoot was too personal. He wanted to teach me a personal lesson. If Adil did not come to my rescue I would be in the hospital" Eva explained weakly.

 

"Vikram is a wanker love. How can he harm you over a harmless photoshoot! From what my pal has told me it was a decent time! This is abuse in its finest case Eva." Paul seethed irritated by the whole scenario but let his anger go when he saw the troubled face of his favorite friend.

 

"Let's go get something to eat. Standing here will not solve our empty stomachs. My treat you deserve it and later we find my best pal" Paul replied changing the subject throwing an arm around Eva's shoulder to guide her out of the café.

 

The pair went out to one of Paul's favorite diner owned by a friend of his late father who always gave him and his companions a warm welcome any time he came over.

 

After finishing their lunch together at the diner, Paul suggested they go to Michael's place which Eva happily agreed to.

 

While the pair were on their way there Michael had the spent the day helping out Aunt Jay food shopping for the home. Ordered by Uncle Roy to make sure his wife was not lifting anything heavy stayed busy at work taking more shifts at work to save up in time for the arrival of the latest addition to the Jackson family.

 

Currently Michael was in the kitchen putting the groceries away with Aunt Jay in their separate cupboards.  Since the confrontation between Michael and Eva the day before Aunt Jay wondered all night if the pair had repaired their friendship.

 

"Michael sugar how did the talk you had with Eva go?" Aunt Jay inquired with arms crossed against her chest.

 

"She told me the secret in full detail. Somehow in my heart I knew she was sincere with her words. I feel so bad for her Aunt Jay. Why does a lovely soul like her have to go through an arranged marriage?" Michael sighed to his aunt.

 

"There could be a way to get her out. You never know! We could get help from somewhere in the future. But let's come back to you calling her a lovely soul. Are you that smitten hm?" Aunt Jay smirked at her nephew.

 

"Uh I-"Michael stuttered to the pleasure of his aunt who loved to tease him.

 

Thankfully Janet walked into the kitchen to see her brother looking away bashfully while her aunt was whistling innocently.

 

"Should I come back? You are both acting weird" Janet said unsure of what was going on gazing back and forth at the duo.

 

"Oh nothing baby. Want a muffin? Because someone here is denying his feelings for a certain Asian beauty" Aunt Jay hummed.

 

"Oh I know who you are talking about! Pity she isn't here I'll take that muffin Aunt Jay" Janet responded innocently. Just as she was about to grab a muffin from the plastic tray Michael smacked her hand away.

 

"Ow!" Janet yelped to amusement of Michael.

 

"Now Michael don't hit your sister for your denied feelings" Aunt Jay retorted smacking him upside the head.

 

"OW" Michael mumbled rubbing his head watching Janet smirk at him as she grabbed a muffin and bit into a chunk of it.

 

A knock on the front door interrupted their conversation as Aunt Jay went to see who was at the door. Seconds Later she returned with Paul and Eva by her side walking into the kitchen.


"Are you alright buddy? You sure are rubbing that tender spot Aunt Jay hit rather hard. Surely she couldn't have hurt you that bad but don't worry Eva is here to kiss it better" Paul said sweetly now embarrassing his pals even more as they both stared back at him in dismay.

 

"PAUL!" They yelled simoustanly.

 

"One of these days I might just go deaf with you two shouting all the time. I might be due for an ear test" Paul responded with a one finger wedged in his ear.

 

"Paul stop teasing them! They can't handle this teasing knowing they like each other" Aunt Jay added in jokingly.

 

"Aunt Jay!" Michael whined at his aunt's words.

 

"You certainly are right my wonderful lady. But the two lovebirds need to talk! Eva forget to tell my pal something important now why don't I take over helping you unpack with my other lady in my life. Hm?" Paul chimed changing the subject while shooing Michael and Eva out of the kitchen. Janet finished with her treat helped out alongside Paul while Eva acknowledged the hint that Paul was implying walked out of the kitchen followed by Michael.

 

"Eva what's wrong? What was Paul implying you wanted to talk to me about?" Michael asked concerned looking back at her as they stood in the hall facing each other.


"Can we talk in your room?" Eva asked softly. Nodding Michael led the way to his bedroom where the pair sat together side by side on Michael's bed leaving the door open.

 

"What's wrong?" Michael repeated gently.

 

"Vikram injured me yesterday when we returned home after the photoshoot. He wasn't happy with how close we were. He wanted to show his power over me. If it was not for Adil walking in I would not be sitting here" Eva answered unwrapping the scarf around her neck to show him the fading bruise.

 

Michael scooted closer to Eva to see the brown bruise observing the way her neck moved alongside the bruise. He used his finger to stroke the bruise lightly feeling rage build up within for that man.

 

"He hurt you because he noticed we were close during the photoshoot?! I wish I could ring his neck for hurting you to the point he never stands" Michael muttered darkly to the surprise of Eva.

 

Ignoring the butterflies fluttering at Michael's closeness Eva decided to bravely place her hand in his hair again stroking his hair in hopes to calm him down sensing his anger.

 

"Please Michael don't end up fighting Vikram he has too many connections to make sure you were never alive.

I- I rather see you living because I care for you too much" Eva blurted out nervously staring into his russet coloured eyes.

 

"You care for me that much? Even with all the mean things you say?" Michael teased.

 

"Stop ruining the moment! I'm serious" Eva huffed to him with a roll of her eyes trying to get back to the topic.

 

"I'm always serious with you can't you see it" Michael stated sarcastically pulling Eva to his side poking her side with the tip of his finger.

 

"Stop!" Eva shrieked wiggling away from his ticklish hands.

 

"Are you ticklish?" Michael smirked evilly now knowing her worse secret.

 

"Don't you dare Michael" Eva shouted at him scrambling away from the bed to run to the door.

 

She did not get to the door in time when Michael's arm wrapped around her waist pulling back to his body as he processed to tickle her body till she was breathless in his arms.

 

Breathless in his arms never in this moment seeing the shine in her eyes and smile made his heart swell at the beauty bestowed in his arms. He couldn't hold back the urge he had felt in to kiss her, He began to lean in slowly as seeing the shock in Eva's eyes as he descended to capture his lips with hers.

 

Their first kiss moved slowly at first as they became lost in each other's lips. Michael tightened his grip on her hips as Eva cupped his jaw as the pair were lost in bottled up emotions they felt for each other was bought to the surface.

 

"Boy! I need to borrow your shampoo-y'all get your asses up here! The brats are kissing. I've won the bet" Uncle Roy yelled flabbergasted at what he had just witnessed stepping into the room.

 

Several pairs of legs ran up the stairs heard from the bedroom as Michael and Eva sprung apart from their kiss to witness the smirking faces of Janet, Aunt Jay and Uncle Roy with a pouting Paul crowding the open door.

 

"Why do I always lose the bets? This is completely uncalled for!" Paul groaned.

 

"You betted on how long when I and Eva would kiss?!" Michael growled. He was about to stand up to kick his ass when he felt Eva's hand on his own.

 

"Don't beat him up just yet Michael I want to help too" Eva said.

 

"Aw look at them acting like a couple setting up plans" Aunt Jay chimed in.

 

"There goes some of my saved allowance" Janet sighed sadly.

 

"Ah I love the sound of more money in my pockets. Shit makes me happy. Come on y'all best leave this couple alone while I collect my cash" Uncle Roy said waving them away from the door ignoring the protests from Paul and Janet. He made sure to grab the shampoo out of his nephew's bathroom throwing the pair a sly smirk before leaving the room.

 

Now the pair were alone the pair held hands wondering if their shared kiss would change their friendship or they could become something more.

 

"Um would you like to have late dinner with us Eva before Paul drops you home? Aunt Jay is cooking one of her spicier dishes today" Michael mentioned shyly to Eva.

"I would love to have dinner with them. Are you having a separate plate without any spice?" Eva teased squeezing his hand while Michael rolled his eyes at the implied joke.

 

The pair stood up still holding hands still high from their first kiss shared together leaving the bedroom to join the rest of the Jackson clan (and Paul) to share a delicious meal prepared by Aunt Jay and Janet.

 

The evening approached quickly for Eva who wished she could have spent the night out at their home instead of going back home.

She hopped out of Paul's car giving him a wave before turning around to walk home. Opening the door she didn't expect to see Daadi waiting by the living room door distraught till her raven coloured eyes looked up to see her granddaughter standing in front of her.

"Daadi what's wron-"Eva was about to ask but she was cut off by Daadi's rant.

"What is wrong is that you are late child! Coming home at such disgraceful timing! You are meant to be home at least by five and you come again at half past six! Must I remind your husband is waiting for you at home today! Oh I do not have time to continue chatting with your stupidity. Get out of the way child I am late to see the caterer" she rebuked before shoving Eva out of the way to open the front door slamming it behind her.

Eva sighed not surprised by the backlash of Daadi gave her for coming late again instead of letting her cruel words get to her she decided it might be time to have a shower after a long day.

 

 Half way up the stairs she was met by the hulking form of Vikram with his hand over his mouth yawning from a light nap he had just woken up from.

 

"You returned? Where did she go to?" Vikram asked mid yawn staring down at his bride to be.

 

"She went to visit the caterer for the wedding" Eva answered shortly.

 

"Why do you smell of spices Maahi? No matter since you are here. I want dinner now. I am famished" He stated snappish.

 

Wordlessly Eva obeyed turning around to walk down the stairs to the kitchen to prepare his meal. She tried to ignore his presence going on to prepare the indigents to cook his favorite dish. While Eva was busy cleaning the chicken pieces at the corner of her eye she saw Vikram take a gulp of vodka from bottle he had stored at the back of the fridge for his bad days.

 

Each time he drinks I hope it kills him one day.  She thought sinisterly inwardly.

Unware of her inner thoughts Vikram released his sorrows to his wife-to-be while she quietly prepared his food.

"Maahi I lost one of my most important clients at work because a collage accused me I took his client when he clearly was not doing his job! What does that earn me? A lost business contract for his accusations! He had to open his god damn mouth when I was so close. Ha! I made sure he was fired for accusing me when I bring in the business. Are you listening to me?" Vikram rambled pausing to ask Eva if she was listening.

 

"Yes" Eva replied not looking away from the chicken pieces frying in the sizzling oil.

Thirty minutes later with more senseless babbler from Vikram, the food was finally ready to serve. He tucked into the cooling plate of ‘Chicken Korma'

Eva decided to start washing up the dishes while he ate. It wasn't long when Vikram finished his food alongside gulping down the remaining Vodka. He stood up staggering making his way to stand behind Eva while she washed the pile of dishes.

 

Vikram in his drunken state wrapped his hands around her waist pressing his body against hers inhaling the flowery perfume she wore. Eva ignored his wandering hands till his hands laid on her chest before she elbowed his hands away.

 

"Don't do that please" Eva pleaded ignoring his still body to finish her current task.

Vikram allowed the liquor in his veins drive his actions spun Eva around to face him by her hips giving her a furious look that expressed his distaste for her disobedience.

"own your body. I paid my bride price in full so you will not stop me for getting what I want" Vikram sneered at Eva. He cupped her cheeks in his hand squeezing tightly to prove his point.

"Finish. Go shower then sleep" Vikram ordered after letting go of her cheek before departing from the kitchen to his shared bedroom with Aadesh.

Eva watched him walk out of the kitchen before she slide down to the floor covering her mouth with her hands. Tears filled her eyes from the abuse she was going through.

The rush of the kiss she felt with Michael came crashing down reminding Eva that whatever she had with him would never come to fruit when Vikram was always lurking in the shadows.

She cried silently for little longer before wiping the tears away. She got up to finish her task in the kitchen. Once everything was cleaned and put back in their rightful places she left the kitchen to have a shower.  After closing the fogged shower door went to her bedroom to see Adil on the floor dead to the world. She quietly got dressed with a flashlight (not to wake him up) and went to bed with the thoughts of Michael and his family in her dreams.

 

End Notes:


ah celebrate y'all we got to them kissing and it took me only 21 chapters phew! lool.


I will always use a gif when I finally get to the kiss which I hope was not too cheesy and cliche (i tried) but apart from that moment we all have been waiting for..


 



 


ah more reasons to hate Virkam.


enough of my ramblings what did you think of this chapter? the kiss? vik being a pervert? do tell me how you feel in the comments lol.


 


Enjoy! 


 

XXII by Lorry

 

Eva woke up from her bed in the morning to get ready for the day. Once dressed she walked down the stairs heading to the kitchen when she was stopped by Aadesh’s yell midway explaining breakfast was already prepared.

 

“Good morning everyone” Eva greeted strolling into the living room to see loafs of bread and fried eggs on two wide oval plates placed on the longer tables with the drinks set aside on the coffee table.

 

“Good morning child come eat the food the twins made” Daadi praised before taking another bite with a happy sigh.

 

“Surprised both of you could even cook. Not bad boys” Vikram responded then continued to eat his meal nodding at Eva to get her food and seat by him.

 

“Since when did the both of you start to cook? I expected Adil to learn but you too Aadesh?” Eva joked to her cousins who both scoffed at her, while she made her plate of food and sat next to her husband to be. She slyly slide a feet away from him. Cleary unamused Vikram tugged her roughly back to his side.

 

“The little faith you have in us is absolutely terrible Eva. Have you forgotten I am taking a cooking course?” Adil replied smirking and without another word shoved another fork of egg into his mouth.

 

“The only reason I’m helping is because he needs a Guinea pig for his food. Thankfully I have not been poisoned” Aadesh added shrugging his shoulders.

 

“At least one of you will have some cooking skills unlike Eva and that disgusting German food” Daadi retorted.

 

Eventually breakfast was over for everyone and cleaning up the plates was a shared task between the cousins. Vikram made sure to give his bride a wet kiss to the forehead before leaving the home for work. Eva quickly rubbed off the sloppy kiss when his back was turned walking away.

 

 Everyone went their separate ways. The twins were off to spend time with some friends while Eva was on her way to a made up class using it as an excuse to look for Michael.

 

Stepping out of the house and locking the door turning around to double take and see Paul standing beside his new Ferrari 500 painted in a neon red in the small carpark.

 

“Good morning Love! As always you look gorgeous any plans for the day?” Paul greeted in a cheerful voice.

 

“Paul you promised you would never bring your car again last time you came to pick me up” Eva sighed with a hand on her forehead.

 

“I know but promises can be broken on certain circumstances and today is one of them” Paul replied sheepishly shrugging his shoulders.

 

“What circumstances?” Eva asked suspicious walking up to Paul.

 

“A surprise from my best Pal?” Paul suggested smirking.
“Humph I am fine young man now explain who you are to Eva?” Daadi replied not bothered by his statement.
“You must take it! I will be so grateful to help you live” Daadi insisted sweetly.
“Sure why not I’ll take the ladders” Michael replied with a roll of his eyes.
“Why are you so nosey Paul” Eva replied face palming.
“In class we were given a project to create a family portrait in the medium we were unused to.”  Eva explained briefly holding eye contact with Vikram and continued to work on the half painted piece.

 

 

 “A day with Michael? That sounds like fun” Eva replied with a bright smile.

 

Paul did his gentleman duty opening the passenger seat for Eva, when Daadi suddenly unlocked the door in hopes to call her back before she walked too far to buy some snacks.

 

“Child where are you going with this strange man with a fancy car eh?!” she yelled embarrassing Eva.

 

It was Paul’s first time seeing the woman who bought his friend so much grief. He wished he could throw the old bat a look of disdain but decided wisely amp up his charms to get him and Eva out of this dilemma.

 

“Good morning ma’am, how are you during this fine morning?” Paul asked Daadi in a charming voice.

 

 

“Well Ma’am I am a driver that Vikram hired to bring his beautiful bride around the town in his absence. The little income goes towards my father’s sickly health” Paul lied smoothly.

 

“You are?! Why did not say so young man? You work so hard to bring her home every day from those classes she goes to for nothing to help your father.” Daadi responded affected by his sob story.   

 

“Why thank you ma’am I just want to make sure she comes home in one piece every day because every dime goes to my father’s health and our living. Also might I add Eva must take her looks from your side of the family” Paul replied passionately laying one hand on his heart. Inwardly Paul was gagging at the words of vomit spewing from his mouth.

 

“Oh you are too kind young man. She does not look like me she took her other side of the family more but before you go here is some cash” Daadi huffed with a roll of her eyes before digging into her gold purse to bring out a fresh twenty bill to hand over to Paul.

 

“You do not have to give me any cash for a mild job” Paul protested in fake aghast.

 

 

“Oh ma’am you are too kind. I’ll take it happy for you” Paul responded going towards her to take the note and keep it in his front pocket.

 

“Alas ma’am we must go. I shall drop Eva back around five thirty to six o’clock depending on the traffic. I take responsibility if she arrives back late” Paul said in a farewell.

 

“That is perfectly fine. Eva I expect you to behave goodbye” Daadi replied with a small smile directed to Paul and closed the door.

 

In their separate seats Paul started the engine and drove out of the street into the main road where the pair did not speak for several minutes till Eva broke the silence.

 

“Paul you are not my driver! You lied to Daadi” Eva accused with a bark of laughter finding the situation hilarious.

 

“Ah ah love I call what was used in the moment charming. It works on every woman of every age” Paul boasted proudly turning left on the road.

 

“How would you call that charming? It is still a lie” Eva argued with a roll of her eyes.

 

“You can call it lying love. Admit that my charm did not get us out of there hm?” Paul said with a cheeky grin keeping his eyes on the road.

 

“You are right we got out of due to your lying schemes. I’m grateful Paul” Eva admitted embarrassed.

 

Paul barked out his own laughter to her admitted confession as the pair continued to banter back and forth till they reached the destination stopping to park nearby and walk to find Michael standing with a basket in his hand near a forest entrance.

 

“Hey buddy I have bought your princess to you. As your lowly servant I will leave you be, I will come back to pick her up around five thirty. Just don’t get her pregnant buddy” Paul responded blowing a kiss to his friend before rushing out of the way to avoid Michael’s swift hand. He left the pair alone walking back to his car.

 

Now alone Eva noticed Michael was wearing a checked red shirt open slightly to show his built chest, shorts to his knees while he had slippers on his feet.

 

“Hello Michael you look different.. I like it” Eva greeted sweetly.

 

“Thank you I’m happy to see you again after what we shared yesterday but that can be talked about later.” Michael responded with a wide grin holding his hand out to Eva. She placed her hand in his.

 

The pair took off into the forest entrance holding hands admiring the sun beams peaking slightly from the towering trees above them providing shade.

 

“Michael why are we here? Paul said you have a surprise for me because I can see a basket?” Eva replied hinting back to their memory at the ice skating place.

 

“Of course I want you to see this surprise, all your questions will be answered soon. Come on let’s keep walking” Michael prompted squeezing her hand gently before tugging her alongside him.

 

Continuing the flow of laughter and banter that flowed between them till Michael stopped in front of a fading green tree house that had two entrances alongside a ladder to get up there. The medium sized window open for the breeze.

 

“Michael this is beautiful!” Eva gasped in astonishment at seeing the magnificent tree house.

 

“I knew you would like it” Michael chuckled amused by her response.

 

“Shall we go up?” Michael questioned to snap her out of her stupor.

 

“Yes! But I would like to climb the tree if you don’t mind” Eva answered gleefully gazing at Michael.

 

 

Eva immediately ran to the looming tree rolling up the sleeves of long sleeve top while she inspected the tree circling around it to make sure it was safe to climb.

 

“We don’t have all day Eva please hurry up” Michael yelled from his position on the stairway arms folded against the bark waiting for Eva to come up.

 

“Don’t be so pushy” Eva huffed.

Taking a deep breath in and letting it loose she began the climb up the tree little by little till she was at the top to meet Michael face in front of her with a beaming smile

 

Michael helped pull her up till she stood in front of him as the pair stared each other down till Michael broke the eye contract looking away to open front door. He twisted the door handle opening it to lead Eva inside.

   

Eva was amazed by the simple deco that surrounded the inside of the tree house that housed had medium sized coach arranged next to the window and a bookshelf on the opposite side with a small coffee table alongside a small fridge.

 

“I know you are amazed Eva but please snap out it” Michael said snapping his fingers in front of her face to get out of her astonishment.

 

“I-! How was this place furnished and built?” Eva questioned walking over to the bookshelf to see collections of well dusted books showcasing different topics like photography, physiology etc.

 

“Paul and I built this together three years ago. We wanted somewhere we could have space away from our families. He provided the wood and we built the place from scratch together. Once it was built I picked out the furniture” He explained standing by her side.

 

“You are a man of many talents Michael” Eva said facing him to throw him a tender smile.

“I’m humbled. Let’s get down to eating.” Michael replied with a grin. He spun around walking to the coach and sat down dragging the spare table to put the food whereas Eva joined him.

“Now what do we have in this basket?” Eva inquired enthusiastic to see what had been packed for their lunch together.

“First and foremost I made most of the food with some help from Janet who will never allow me take all the credit” Michael mentioned opening the basket to reveal the plastic containers wrapped in tin foil and the iced drinks. Then started to bring out each plastic container out of the wrapping, placing them on the table revealing potato salad, Cornish Pasties, cheese and tomato Tarts and for dessert Berry Streusel Slices.

 

“Everything looks so delicious! I don’t know which one to start off with” Eva gushed gazing at the appetizing food in front of her.

 

“How about one of each then dessert?” Michael suggested handing her a clean plate from the basket.

 

Eva eagerly took some parts of the foods from the open plastic bowls onto the plate. She ate from the different food palettes asking questions about what was in the food, Michael was happy to explain.

 

Soon enough half of the food was finished then the rest was secured with the lids back on and put back in the basket as the pair shared a bowl of the Berry Streusel Slices together.

 

Eva sighed rubbing her full belly from the food she enjoyed with Michael whereas he finished munching on the last piece of Streusel. Before he was going to grab a napkin he noticed medium sized berry stain across Eva’s heart shaped lips. Michael was memorized by her lips not fighting the urge to give into his feelings.

“Eva you have some berry juice on your lips..” Michael said grabbing her attention. He dived in pulling her closer to his side and gave a soft kiss. Eva closed her eyes melting into his lips as the pair shared a kiss again this time alone undisturbed. Eva wrapped her arms around his shoulders bringing him closer to her body as the soft kiss began to slowly heat up.

Eva realized what she was doing wrong when she opened her eyes mid kiss pushing away from Michael.

“Michael we can’t do this!” she exclaimed emotionally.

“I can’t enjoy spending time with you Eva?” Michael rebuked annoyed.

“We can’t just kiss! I-I am to be married to Vikram who will make sure I never see you again. This is my fate Michael I don’t want you to be hurt because of his crazy ways” Eva responded looking away from him.

“Eva I kissed you twice because I like you.. I do not care for Vikram. I care about your safety” Michael confessed in a heartfelt tone.

 

“Spending all this time together with you has made me realize I like you too but we can never be together Michael. Please understand this” Eva begged.

Michael was astonished to find out she had hidden feelings for him all this while thinking his feelings for her were one sided. Frankly he was ecstatic but hearing the sadness in her voice made him more enraged at the future she had to face alone.

 

“How about we just enjoy the moments we have together? Whether we kiss or not? Before you have to marry that jackass.. What happens before you marry and then after?” Michael suggested changing the subject.

 

“let us enjoy the time we have before.. I marry” Eva answered relived by the change of subject pausing to reply once more groaning “Michael explaining the wedding process will take forever”.

 

“I would love to hear the process! It can’t be that long of a process to explain” Michael protested with a roll of his eyes.

 

“You asked for it ..” Eva mumbled before beginning a long winded explanation of the ceremony that lasted half an hour between the cuts in by Michael asking questions.

 

“I found the information so fascinating but you never did explain what happens after you are given away in the talk?” Michael mentioned to her before drinking a bottle of water.

 

“I’ll end up as a typical housewife and bear children for him” She answered depressed.

 

“Don’t worry Eva You have two of the smartest people to get help you out of this situation” Michael chipped in shifting the mood once more to get her out of her depression dragging her to his side while inwardly his mind was racing to find ways to get Eva out of this marriage.

 

“Michael for the last time Please do not plan anything that will get you or Paul in something crazy!” Eva pleaded.

 

“We won’t do anything. Just relax with me a little longer” Michael promised with a cheeky smile as he leaned down to kiss her forehead tenderly.

 

“I ah” Eva muttered distracted by his affection.

 

Michael continued to place sweet kisses all over face before their lips met for third time in a sweet kiss as the pair continued to enjoy their small piece of heaven together before Paul arrived.

 

Exactly at twenty five minutes past five in the evening the duo stood together by the entrance of the forest holding hands waiting for Paul to arrive.

 

Paul strolled to the pair on time to see the pair giving each other lovey dovey eyes forgetting the world around them. He hated to the break the cute moment but it had to be done for Eva to get home by six ‘clock.

 

“Now lovebirds I would love for you both to be together longer but poor Rapunzel here has to go back to the tower.” Paul chipped in breaking the moment between the pair.

The duo sighed together used to their womanizing friend’s teasing ways, hugged briefly and then departed ways.

 

On the drive back to the house nosey Paul wanted to know what happened at the treehouse.

 

“Now love I’d love to know what happened between you and my Pal. Did you both finally confess the feelings you both have?” Paul questioned eagerly.

 

 

“Now Eva we are friends. I know you don’t have any female friends but I have had enough time around my beautiful girls and Georgie to know I love some gossip alongside my flavors of tea” Paul mentioned cheekily.

 

“Fine” Eva gave in clarifying what went down in the treehouse mentioning some things here and there till he dropped next to the alleyway near her home.

 

Eva walked into the home on cloud nine from the enjoyable day she had with Michael. She looked in the living room and kitchen to see all the lights were off meaning that the boys were not home and Daadi was possibly asleep alongside Vikram was not back from work.

 

Not risking the chance to meet his wrath she quickly made him a quick dinner and placed an extra plate over the dish to keep it warm till he was ready to eat.

Afterwards Eva chose to spend the rest of the evening working on a side art project for the Jackson family since ‘the cook out day’ on days when Vikram was busy away from the house.

 

She went straight to her bedroom gathering the box of paintbrushes and pots of paints hidden behind the clothes hanged in the wardrobe.  Also not forgetting to bring out rolls of acrylic papers.

She was glad she had made several sketches of the ideas she had developed for the piece she was working on.

 

Getting to work almost immediately once all her equipment was scattered around her feet, she began to paint on top of the rough lines.

 

Two hours passed by for Eva completely consumed in the painting. She didn’t hear footsteps of Vikram enter the room.

Vikram peeked into the living room noticing the lights were all switched off. Shrugging his shoulders choosing to stop his rumbling stomach, headed to the kitchen in hopes to satisfy his hunger. He was happy to spot a plate covered for him.

 

She has learnt enough to make sure to my food is prepared always Vikram thought chuckling amused.

 

After eating his meal Vikram went to the bathroom to do his nightly routine. Walking quietly out of the twins’ room blinking curiously at the sight of Eva on the floor surrounded by some art stuff busy painting on a wide piece of paper to his hilarity.

 

“What are you working on?” Vikram broke in startling Eva to look up and see him leaning against the door in a old top and pj bottoms.

 

 

“Ah that sounds interesting” Vikram commented coolly stepping into the room to get a closer look at the half finished drawing.

 

“Who are the people you are drawing?” Vikram questioned bending to his knees to see the half-finished figures.

 

“A friend from collage I’ve become good friends with” Eva responded.

 

“Humph” Vikram hummed inwardly he wasn’t pleased that one of the faces looked similar to him but he could not place where he had seen that face from.

 

Without asking Vikram snatched the A2 sized paper before standing up with the paper in his two hands to look at the image closely to gaze at the family portrait to see the smiling faces of a black family half painted in glossy shades of browns and reds. Vikram felt jealousy squeeze his heart from seeing the family portrait knowing it was not him and his future wife to be with their family.

“Why did you use these people?” Vikram questioned calmly still holding the paper in his hands.

“I wanted to try drawing outside my comfort zone with a different skin tone” Eva lied chuckling softly.

“I prefer if you’d had come to your family to use us as your muse for your work love. So there is no need for this drawing. Try again” Vikram voiced sounding remarkably childishly to Eva. Without any remorse he tore the A2 sized paper into four pieces throwing them onto the floor by her feet. Ignoring her heartbroken expression Vikram walked out of the room to the twins’ room to get some sleep.

Eva flabbergasted by his childish actions gritted her teeth forcing the tears back as she scooped up the torn pieces of paper into her hands.

Staring at the torn pieces for several minutes till Eva gave up kicking the shredded pieces away. She took in shallow breaths to try and calm the fury she felt towards her husband to be. She continued this exercise till her hands stilled from trembling. She got up and wiped the stray tears before putting her equipment away then sleep restlessly.

 

//

End Notes:

soo I know it's been a while I've been busy so here is a update on the birthday of Mike's b-day.



Happy Birthday Mike. you will always be missed <3


Enjoy <3.

XXIII by Lorry

The sheets were ripped off Eva's body waking her up from the jumbled sleep. Immediately she yawned groggily as she gazed at the faces of a smirking Adil and deadpanned Aadesh standing behind him. The pair of brothers were dressed identically wearing lime green shirts with matching navy blue jeans and black sneakers on their feet.

"Why are you both up this early?" Eva questioned yawning again while tugging on the covers; Adil pulled the covers away out of her reach.

"Cousin Dearest the time is twenty minutes past eight in the morning. We are lucky to be gifted a chance to sleep an extra hour" Aadesh replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Unfortunately Daadi sent us up to wake you up for a long day dedicated to bridal shopping including getting our own outfits. You have till nine to get ready and eat" Adil added.

"Great!" Eva grumbled fully awake now.

"Get up cousin breakfast is ready because Daadi is waiting for us downstairs. When you are ready we will go" Adil said and proceeded to rub her  messy hair sticking up in numerous directions.

The duo left Eva to get dressed and prepared for their long day ahead with Daadi. The trios of cousins were not looking forward to spending the entire day with her but the task had to be done.

Around quarter to nine o'clock Eva walked into the living room to see the twins and Daadi eating breakfast together without the presence of Vikram in sight. Eva was relieved that she would not be submitted to his false affections.

"Vikram is not around Eva. He decided to have breakfast at work and will be back later in the evening" Aadesh said taking a sip from his drink responding to the question he knew was on his cousin's mind.


"Good morning child the boys cooked breakfast again for us. Once we finish eating we can go with the colours Vikram requested to match his outfit and go to the shopping place" Daadi explained coolly.

 

"Good morning Daadi I understand." Eva greeted with a short smile towards the older woman.

 

Daadi sniffed at the greeting before silence fell on the family as they all ate their fill from the food provided by the twins.

Once the food was finished and the plates were washed, the family left the house to meet the taxi waiting for them outside the home.

 

Thankfully Daadi was sat in the front seat next to the taxi driver talking the poor male's ears off in Hindi, He drove on nodding back and forth at certain parts but his mind was focused on the road ahead leaving the trio in the back seat to chat quietly.

 

"Why are you both in matching clothes today? Is it a twin for sale day?" Eva teased sassily to the twins who both gave her annoyed glares.

 

"You are such a comedian couz but no we are matching-"Adil said.

 

"--- Because Daadi forced us to twin for the day knowing we hate twinning" Aadesh finished.

 

"But you both look adorable" Eva cooed sweetly at the already irritated pair.

 

The conversation ended when the taxi parked near the entrance of the ‘Asian Luxuries'. One by one stepping out of the taxi the family of four strolled forward to the busy streets heading straight to the bridal shops.

 

Opening the door like a true gentleman, Adil gestured for the ladies to in first, ignoring the smug smirk on his brother's face, tripped him when he walked into the shop.

 

"Now that we are inside. Boys look for anything that will not make the pair of you stand out" Daadi commanded to the pair.


"Yes Daadi" they sighed simultaneously before the brothers walked off to find outfits together leaving Daadi and Eva alone together.

 

"Don't run off child we will look for right colour of blue to match the theme. At least your eyes somewhat are good for a cause" Daadi spoke with heavy handed sigh and began to instruct poor Eva on the choices of sarees she wanted her to try.

 

After two sarees and nothing but spiteful jabs at her figure and heritage (as always) Eva decided to pick a saree out herself. She chose a beautiful baby blue saree, the edges of the skirt lined in rows of endless crystals shimmering in her arms.

 

Holding the saree in her arms Eva showed the dazzling outfit to an unbothered Daadi who eyed the material before ordering her to bring it closer. Gliding withered hands across the silky material before making her verdict in a barking voice.

"Humph not bad child but this colour is too bright for your dark skin which is pity if you had inherited pale skin from your German side this would have been the perfect fit. Go and find a darker blue not all these bright colours I don't want you to stand out beside my son in law"


Eva fought the urge to roll her eyes at the older woman. Wordlessly she went back to the long rack of sarees on display putting the elegant dress back and stepping back she spotted the twins fooling around with the scarfs wrapped around their necks pretending to be models on the runway.

 

"You both should be finding your own clothes. Neither of you are five years old" Eva lectured with arms folded against chest as the brothers both spun around to face her.

 

"Oh look bro guess who has come back to join us" Aadesh teased cheekily.

 

"We were looking dearest cousin but these beautiful sarees distracted us. We still have two years till eighteen soo we still have our youth to play about so there" Adil added with a cheeky smirk.

 

"Why haven't you both found anything yet? Daadi will still find a way to nag you both" Eva huffed at the pair walking into the male section. She began to shuffle though the long line of male clothes.

 

"No she won't cous. She loves us way too much" Adil bragged shimmering his shoulders with the saree scarf around his neck while Aadesh shook his head at his brother.


"She loved you both so much that you both are matching" Eva answered with a sly smirk.


"Whoa she is evolving Adil! Her snarky comments are getting better" Aadesh said rubbing his beardless chin in thought.


"I'm proud of you Eva it has to be my influence. Come dance with me" Adil boasted wiggling his eyebrows flinging the scarf around Eva's waist using to wiggle her around in a goofy dance earning a snort of laughter from her.

 

"stop Adil! I do not want Daadi to catch us" Eva chortled trying to hold in her giggles while Aadesh rolled his eyes at his brother's antics.

 

"Help me Aadesh you have more sense than Adil" Eva cried out for help, stuck in Adil's tug of war.

 

"I'm not involved in any of his craziness couz" Aadesh replied with hands up in surrender with a wide grin.

 

Wondering where her grandchildren were up to, Daadi got up from the seat provided to look for them in the store. Not looking too far her ears picked up the gleeful laughter to find them together having fun when they should be looking for their clothes and that greatly annoyed the older woman greatly.


"What are you all standing here for?! Find what I asked you for! We do not have all day!" she screamed at the trio snapping them out of their moment of fun before briskly walking away to return to the chair.

 

The moment of fun ruined by Daadi the group of three shared a mournful sigh before splitting up to find something to show instead of wasting more time.

 

The twins strolled to Daadi holding two different coloured suits since the twins were not the same height because Aadesh was wider in the chest area and slightly taller than his brother, they chose to bring their own clothing in hopes Daadi would let them off to wear what they want.

 

"Now boys we can finish your own shopping first before we continue with Eva. Now what did you bring?" Daadi questioned eyeing the suits in their hands.

 

"Daadi ... I and Adil feel we are old enough to wear individual suits for the wedding to come. We prefer to dress ourselves in our unique styles." Aadesh spoke up in favour of for himself and his twin praying that Daadi will bend her will and allow them wear separate clothes.

 

"Your choices are not bad but I want to see you both match is all" Daadi answered with a sweet smile at the brothers.

 

"But Daadi we match most of the time and it just feels we are too grown to be matching now. We are not children anymore" Adil responded calmly rolling his eyes mentally at her ignoring their statements.

 

"It does not matter you both are still living under my roof you will wear the same outfits!" Daadi commanded swiping away the sweet tone in favor of control.

 

"How about this Daadi? We wear the choice of matching suits but in different colours?" Aadesh suggested sensing his twin was ready to snap back at her and get them both grounded.

 

"Sounds good boys now go pick a better design I do not like the flower style designs on the top and bottom they are too girly" Daadi rebuked.

 

The cycle continued for another thirty minutes for the pair till the perfect suits were found for them and it was now time to sort out Eva.  Once she was sorted they would head off to buy the shoes alongside the accessories.

 

Unfortunately nothing appealed to Daadi's perfect vision for her least favorite grandchild in the Asian store, since the boys were sorted for their outfits it was decided to measure the boys and leave the store for the boys' accessories lasting thirty minutes.

Alas jumping from one shop to another in the area of ‘Asia Luxuries' and still finding nothing that matched Daadi's vision they went home with stomachs full of snacks till Eva cooked later in the evening.

 

 

 

Meanwhile...

 

Finished with another grueling day at work Vikram was glad to get the chance to leave early (after a charming discussion with his female boss). He left work with a sly smirk on his lips knowing he was about to eat a light lunch at an expensive pub down the road in his car.

 

Vikram loosened his work tie alongside pulling up his navy blue coloured sleeves up to his forearms. Afterwards smoothed back his hair in the front view mirror before stepping out to meet his three o'clock appointment in the pub.

 

He walked into the pub noticing the neon blue decorations that gave the club an electro atmosphere that Vik liked. A tanned male waiter approached him at the door greeted him and asked how many people would be accompanying him.

"Just me and a lady friend" Vikram answered simply.

 

The waiter nodded and turned around to walk forward to find a two seater in the bustling pub. Luckily for Vik there was a spare two-way seater neon coach accompanied by a marble table near the back entrance of the pub which was to his liking.

 

Vik wiggled his way into the coach till he was comfortably sat with his arms crossed as the waiter asked if he needed anything.

 

"I want a glass of Gin and tonic with ice. I'll order my meal later when my friend arrives" Vikram said to the young waiter.

 

"No problem sir I'll be back shortly with your drink" the young waiter responded and left him on his own.

 

While waiting Vikram looked down at his watch in annoyance wondering when one of his lady friends would be arriving.

A few minutes later the waiter returned with his order when a copper coloured voluptuous bodied woman in a neon yellow back zipper walked to his table with her purse in hand.

 

"You are late Maahi" Vikram spoke up in a clipped tone.

 

"I'm sorry I am late bacha. The office kept me busy but I can make it up to you later tonight" Myra apologised to him and then scooted over him purposely pressing her bum against his crotch before seating by his side.

 

"Maybe not to night you can make it up to me another time Maahi. I've missed your presence. Give me a kiss" Vikram responded pulling her closer to his side drinking in her appealing face.

 

"Anything for you my love" Myra replied with a sweet smile towards Vikram leaning into his side to press her plump lips against his as they sat at the dinner lip locking before pulling away for air.

 

"If I did not have to go that senseless dinner with my fiancé with that idiotic family we would be in a hotel alone" Vikram sighed with his thumb rolling circles against Myra's thigh.

 

"There will be other times we can be spend together" Myra replied trying to sooth his ego wishing she could have Vikram all to herself. Unknowingly she was not the only other woman in his life.

 

"Let us just enjoy our time together" Vikram replied charmingly squeezing her to his side as Myra gave him a tender smile.

 

.

.

 

Evening arrived for the family of four waiting in the living room for Vikram to arrive home from work. Everybody's bellies rumbled hungrily at the appetising smells of the food cooked by Eva for the night.

 

"Oh come on where is he?! It's past eight I need to eat" Adil complained with a long-suffering sigh.

 

"Chill bro he will be arriving soon ... I hope" Aadesh told his twin in a soothing tone ignoring the cries of hunger from his own stomach patting his back.

 

"Hush both of you. When my son in law returns you can eat," Daadi snapped at the pair giving them a harsh glare.

                                                                                     
Eva didn't bother speaking up knowing there was no point in trying to persuade Daadi's one-track mind for her precious son in law. Her stomach was rumbling the loudest out of the group while the twins snickered at her guilty expression.

 

Luckily they did not have to wait any more when the sound of jiggling house - keys were heard from outside the front door. Once inside Vikram was met by the hungry expressions of his beloved wife and relatives.


"You did not have to wait for me. Dig in" Vikram invited with a wave of his hand watching as everyone immediately dived into the food as he decided to sit by Eva without any affection to seat down.

 

The noise of clicking forks and spoons occupied the small silence. Everyone indulged in their foods till stomachs were full from eating.

 

Now Vikram was intrigued to find out if Eva had found her dress to match his suit for the wedding.

 

"Did you find the dress for the wedding?" Vikram questioned eagerly in hopes to get this decision out of the way.

 

"Unfortunately my son we went to so many shops! Nothing was up to my standard. Most of them looked cheap. It was disaster of a day at least the boys are sorted out thankfully" Daadi nagged to him.

 

Vikram drew in a long breath while counting sheep in his head over this crazy woman's decisions when he wanted to get this part of the planning done in one day. In his mind too much time was spent looking for a sari.

 

"Your dress tastes are perhaps too highly priced for the Asian shops we have here?" Vikram insulted sweetly to Daadi as the twins and Eva sat aghast by his blunt insult.

 

"I just want my grandchild to have the wedding of her dreams with you my son! I cannot help have these high wants," Daadi answered miserably disregarding his insult.

 

"Alright. How about you and Eva go back to India for two weeks? This will be my wedding gift for you both to get the dress and come back in time for the wedding" Vikram suggested shrugging his shoulders.

 

"That sounds brilliant my son. What a clever idea. See boys! You should learn from him" Daadi praised standing up steadily to give him a warm hug.

 

"Ah thank you I will call the airport tomorrow to book the tickets" Vikram replied allowing her to hug him before gently pushing the older woman aside, whereas the twins and Eva shared looks of disgust at the sudden affection she bestowed on their enemy.

 

"Since this is a time of celebration how about I and one of the boys buy a dessert from the corner shop down the road? How about it Aadesh?" Vikram proposed unexpectedly.

                                                                                                                                                                                             
"Eh sure" Aadesh taken back by his sudden request got up from his seat as his twin patted his brother on the back signalling ‘be careful bro'.

 

The remaining family members watched Vikram and Aadesh walk out of the room, they left the home quietly.

 

Breathing in the crisp air walking side-by-side Vikram glanced down at the younger boy wondering what was ticking in his mind. Curiosity getting the best of him he chose to ask the boy about what happened a few nights ago.

 

"So Aadesh have you told anyone about what happened that night?" Vikram inquired, stopping his stride to face the younger boy.


"Why would I tell anyone? I have no need to say a word to a soul Vikram" Aadesh stated massaging the back of his neck holding eye contract with him.

 

Sucks to be you prick. Two smart individuals are plotting against you. I am glad that he did not pick Adil knowing my twin he would blow up in his anger and spill all our plans. Aadesh thought inwardly.

 

"Hm good" Vikram hummed in response and started walking again while Aadesh followed his lead.

 

A few minutes later the pair returned back home with the desserts in the plastic bags to eat amongst the family.

 

End Notes:

The ole woman is so blind isn't she? hmph. what do y'all think about this chapter??. Enjoy! <3


 

XXIV by Lorry

The next day Eva was home alone with the twins whereas Vikram and Daadi were out of the house separately. Vikram was spending his time with another lady friend and Daadi was spending the night at one of her friends place two hours away from the house.

 

The trio had spent the early morning cleaning the house and still finding time in between to groove to the songs playing from the radio station on the TV.

 

Evening arrived for the trio as they had finished cleaning the last spot in the house when the twins volunteered to cook dinner.

 

After dinner Eva stood in front of the bathroom mirror brushing her hair listening to the small radio sitting on the table counter. She shimmered to the melodic vocals of Shreya Ghoshal.  Suddenly Adil rushed into the bathroom pressed to use the toilet.

 

"Come on couz I have to use the toilet can't you brush your lioness hair in your room?!" Adil whined childishly.

 

"You keep forgetting my mirror is too small to see all my hair Adil, be patient I am almost done" Eva replied throwing him a pointed stare from the mirror and continued to brush her thick strands.

 

"There goes her sarcastic words bro. I'm doubting your influence perhaps it's awesome Paul giving her secret lessons" Aadesh teased leaning by the wall watching her brush and enjoying the look of pain on his twin's face waiting to use the toilet.

 

Minutes later Eva was finished brushing her hair, pulled it up into a messy bun turning around to face her troublesome cousins with a roll of her eyes. She nudged Aadesh away from the door leaving the bathroom for the duo.

 

Stretched on her bed with the sketchbook in her lap, plus a pencil in hand she quietly doodled sketches of the Jacksons. The twins walked into the room, bending down to sit cross legged on the floor. The duo gazed at their cousin till she had to notice them.

"Ok what is it boys?" Eva sighed pushing the sketchbook aside to glance down at the pair giving them her full attention.

 

"Wellllll since you asked we have a message from Paul" Adil responded holding a medium sized box and a piece of folded paper in his hands.

 

"We have been messaging him back and forth in last few days. Keeping him and afro dude updated" Aadesh added cheekily.

 

"You both have? Are they okay?" Eva fired back to the twins worry evident in her round eyes.

 

"Calm down cousin everything is ok. We can't say a word due to secrecy thanks to our idol. Just read the note first and then open the box" Adil replied stretching his arm forward to drop the items beside Eva while the pair sat patiently waiting for her reaction.

 

Eva decided to leave opening the box last. She flipped the folded piece of paper up to see Paul's italic handwriting and learnt in that moment that he truly was a gentleman in every aspect.

 

Love I know you are thinking to reject my gift. But I would be utterly disappointed if you did not take it! We can chat on days we are not together and you can speak to your lover boy. So please accept this from the bottom of my black heart.

-          Love, Paul.

 

Eva ignoring the stares from the boys immediately grabbed the wrapped up box tearing off the flimsy material. Gasping she zoned in on the word ‘PAGER' written boldly across the medium sized space without question she opened the box carefully to pull out a brand new pager.

 

"A pager?!" she bleated in astonishment leading the brothers to fall onto their backs sharing pearls of laughter at the wide eyed expression on her face.

 

"Why are you both laughing?" she sneered down at the boys.

 

 "Oh sweet Eva you should have seen your face. Priceless I tell you" Adil cackled wiping a tear from his eye. Aadesh just snickered a little longer before asking what was on his mind "you going to keep the gift cousin? Because we would hate to see you disappoint our boss especially.  He is your friend"

"This is just all too much boys I-I- can't accept it!" Eva rebuked putting the pager back into the box pushing it away.

 

"Well you know how our boss is cousin he won't say no for an answer and get you something even flashier" Aadesh pointed out with a waggle of his finger.

 

"Our Idol is a great reason to grow up some day to be on his level" Adil gushed with a cheeky grin.


"I do not know how you both were able to get to know Paul so well.." she grumbled trailing off when the pager vibrated inside the box that a message had been received.

 

Not knowing how to use the pager Adil grabbed the pager from her hands, quickly did his thing before handing the pager back.

 

-hello love. I hope you like the gift I gave you and have not decided to return it back to me. Remember my fragile heart.-

-Love Paul-

 

-Eva please ignore any of my pal's words. If you do not want to keep the pager I can persuade him to take it back somehow but he would truly be happy you accept it.

-Michael-

 

Eva massaged her temples in hopes to relieve the incoming headache she felt from Paul's crazy ways of gifting her things.

 

The twins sat quietly giving her some time to make up her mind as they played rock, paper and scissors to themselves till she was ready.

"I have made up my mind" Eva announced grabbing their focus. The twins shared expressions of eagerness with cheeky smirks.

 

"I'm keeping it but you both have to teach me how to use" Eva sighed whereas the twins shared high fives in victory.

 

"Now help me work this thing please" Eva responded with another sigh. The brothers both jumped up to sit on the sides of the bed to teach her how to use the pager. Within thirty minutes (with a few mishaps) Eva had memorized the features while the twins chose to leave her be after telling her that they were going out to buy themselves bags of fish and chips down the road.

 

Now alone Eva decided to test out her skill with the pager by texting Michael to see where it goes from there.

 

In the intervening time Michael was sitting opposite Uncle Roy playing the word game ‘Scramble'. Just as he was about to lay his last tile down. He felt the pager vibrate in his front jean pocket. Pausing the task at hand he pulled the pager out to look at the message on his pager to see it was from Eva.

 Hello Michael. I'm getting the hang of using the pager. Um are you busy?

-Eva

 

Michael let out a small chuckle and responded back to saying he will talk to her in a while when he finishes beating uncle at his own game.

 

Uncle Roy waited for his nephew to finish his texting so that the game could be finished and he could have the chance to win this round.

 

"Son can you put the damn pager down? I want to finish this game and beat your skinny ass. Also who were you talking to?" Uncle Roy huffed as Michael looked up from his pager to give his uncle a cheeky grin.

 

"Alright Uncle Roy Just replying to Eva besides you have not won a game against me "Michael bragged picking up the last tile on the board to spell ‘extradition'. In that moment Michael crossed his arms with a smug smirk at the look of anger on his uncle's face knowing he had won the game there and then.

 

"Fucking damn it kid you won again! What do you want? You do not need to tell me about your Asian flavour of the month. I do not care" Roy responded shrugging his shoulder at the mention of his nephew's activities.

 

Michael narrowed his eyes at his uncle wondering why he was so quick to cross off Eva when it came to any other woman from their race the old man would pester him to find out more. Michael decided to scoop out the lack of interest in his attitude.

 

"Uncle Roy what is your beef with Eva? Since I introduced her, you are the only one who hasn't even bothered to try and warm up to her" Michael stated coolly with a frown on his face.

 

"Alright I'll spit the truth kid. I do not trust her" Uncle Roy replied bluntly crossing his arms.

 

"Why? What has she done to get you to distrust her?" Michael questioned now folding his arms to mirror his uncle's stance.

 

"It is not her per say son look I have never told you this but I am mixed kid. I have Pakistan blood in my family which is why I am so biased against Asians. I was raised with my Pakistani family for first fifteen years of my life till my black mother was sick of their attitude towards the both of us. If my memory serves me right living in that home was hell brat I never identified with that side due to not being up to their standards alongside the constant teasing by my cousins. Thankfully my mother decided for us to leave when I was sixteen. We packed our things and left without a word.

 

It was hard enough to date when two sides of my identity did not find me attractive. I was too blackish for my Asian side and too pretty looking for the black sisters. Life was downright depressing till your aunt Jay met me years ago." Uncle Roy explained.

 

Michael sat floored by the information his uncle uprooted from his life. He did not expect to hear such the heart-breaking story from his lips. He always saw him as the wise and funny Man growing up but now realised he used his humour to hide his own pain from the family. Growing up he saw a tired yet strong black man always rocking a puff or rocking his silky afro tied back into a pun.

 

"Now I know why you claimed your afro uncle it all makes sense" Michael joked dryly leading Uncle Roy to laugh shortly in return to break the tense atmosphere.

 

"I never claimed that it was fake. My hair isn't thick like yours" Uncle Roy quipped back lifting his shoulder in a half shrug,

 

"Look uncle Roy, your family treated you like shit and I am glad you were able to move past their bullying to become the man you are today but that still does not stop you from projecting your hate on Eva either. I digress the problem is within you Uncle Roy. You have to let the pain from the past from your Asian side go.  Also please realise that not everyone from the Asian race is bad including my Eva. I'm going back to my room. Night uncle" Michael advised pushing back his seat to rise to his feet and walk out of the room.

 

Roy leaned into the chair pondering over his nephew's words, letting the words played over and over again in his mind. Unknowingly an hour passed when Aunt Jay walked past only to step back to see her husband in deep thought. Knowing her husband he would sit in that same position for hours without moving. Mind made up she stepped into the room to get him out of his head.

 

"Leroy? Are you alright?" Aunt Jay spoke gently shaking her husband out of his stupor watching him blink back into the present to see his wife bent to her knees expressing her concern.

 

"Don't worry so fucking much. I am fine Jay" Roy snapped slightly agitated not in the mood to explain what was going through his mind.

 

"When you are ready to stop sulking I will always be here for you to vent. Because I do not have the energy to snap back at you now that our child is growing inside me" she responded standing up to drag her husband back to their bedroom for the night where they both changed and went to bed.

-- Meanwhile --

 

Michael was laid down legs crossed over the other holding his pager texting back to the cheeky statements Eva was giving him. He wished he could speak to her on the phone but knowing how her crazy family is he was grateful for Paul suggesting pagers.

 

-It took you at least three times to use the pager right? After the first try I was using it so well.- Eva

 

Michael had a feeling Eva had a smug smile on her face after that text. Instead of getting annoyed he decided to try and throw back a clever comeback.

 

-I know you are smirking behind that screen but it will never beat the moment you found out about the types of burgers- Michael

 

-Bah- Eva

 

-Speechless hm?- Michael

 

-I am not speechless I'm just giggling at you- Eva

 

-Giggling at what- Michael

 

-One word spice- Eva

 

-You will never let that go- Michael

 

-Never but I think its time we go to bed Michael. I'm feeling sleepy- Eva

 

-Sweet dreams Eva- Michael.

 

-Good night Michael- Eva

 

Afterwards the pair went to sleep after their nightly routines.

 

End Notes:

I'm back from my dugeon of late updating sorry for the wait lol. In this chapter we get to learn about Uncle Roy's backstory and how his own nephew schools him and Paul gifts poor Eva a pager sigh isn't he a perfect gentleman Paul? XD.


Anyway tell me what you think about this chapter!.


Enjoy!

XXV by Lorry

In last three days Roy did not speak more than two words to his family. Everyone complied with his wishes because they knew he was not in the mood to talk. Jay wondered to herself why her husband was giving their family the silent treatment. She did not expect him to suddenly become quiet after the talk with Michael three days prior.

She pestered Michael trying to find out what had happened that day but he refused to spill anything and just repeated the same statement ‘It is up to uncle to speak'

Deciding to take matters into her own hands Jay woke up throwing the covers away as warm bile rose up in her throat as she rushed to the bathroom spending the next ten minutes heaving the contents of food from dinner last night down the toilet. Once she was done this disgusting task she tidied up the bathroom before having a shower and came out to get dressed.

 

After getting dressed she was surprised to see Roy laid down wide-awake swinging back a bottle of Guinness beer in his hand.

 

"Roy you are drinking again this early morning?" Jay asked him.

"A man can not enjoy a drink?" Roy questioned back speaking in a full sentence for the first time in days.

 

"Of course you can Roy but not usually this early in the morning. Have you at least brushed your teeth?" Jay nagged at him with a roll of her eyes.

 

"I am not in the mood for your fucking nagging woman. Can I get a break in this bloody house?!" Roy barked harshly at Jay.

 

The couple locked gazes for several heartbeats till Roy sighed looking away and then bought his gaze back to her again.

 

"Babe I'm sorry for my rudeness. Shit has been playing in my head for last few days. That is why I did not want to put my emotions on anyone." Roy apologized to his wife.

 

"I forgive you Roy but what has you gotten down so low? I am always here when you need me. Because I have asked the kids. They were both tight lipped to explain what is going on. I am always out of the loop on what is going on this house due to work at the hospital. Please love explain to me so I can help" Jay said in a gentle voice pushing the slight anger away she felt to the back of her mind. She grabbed his hand squeezing gently.

 

"Alright ..." He agreed. He explained to Jay what went down between him and his nephew three days ago.

 

"Why didn't you tell me about your identity crisis?" Jay cried to her husband.

 

"I know I know babe. Michael and his wise ass words bought the memories of being in that house." Roy replied staring into eyes of Jay to see the tears fall down her cheeks.

 

"Babe please don't cry for me" Roy pleaded.

 

"Why should I not cry for you Roy?! This pain you've kept in for so long that you could not tell me?! I am your wife. We promised to be there for each other. I just want you to be happy without pain. We should be celebrating this chance of a new life together." Jay exclaimed sadly.

 

Roy sighed before wrapping his arms Jay pulling her into embrace as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders resting her head on his shoulder.

 

"Look love I fucked up and I am willing to get some help... even if it means talking to therapist heck a white one if possible" He joked weakly.

 

"I am glad to know you are willing to get help because you are not allowing stubbornness get in the way but you should talk to Eva love first" Jay responded lifting her head up from his shoulder gazing into his eyes.

 

"What does that girl have to do with our talk?" Roy questioned with one eyebrow raised.

 

"Since you did not know Eva is mixed like you love. I don't know where exactly where she is from in Asia but you should talk to her and find out what life has been for her before you hop to the therapist" Jay advised.

 

"What a world we fucking live in. I'll talk to her whenever the girl comes over. Are we good?" Roy responded with a steely gaze towards Jay.

 

"Yes we are love. Oh by the way Eva is coming over today with Paul" Jay mentioned getting up from Roy's arms to stand up.

 

"Hell no woman you are not getting out of my arms that fast. Come give this grieving man some loving" Roy hollered cheekily tightening his hold around her while she was threatening to chop off his arms if he did not let her go.

 

Jay gave in knowing he would not allow her out of his grasp. She gave him a sweet kiss to the lips that lead to a small making out session when a certain nosey teenager flung the front door open to see her guardians kissing.

 

"Ewww I did not want to see you both kissing. My eyes are ruined" Janet exclaimed with a curl of her lips in disgust.

 

The two adults pulled away from each other to give their young niece amused glances before Roy decided to speak up:

 

"You still not used to seeing us kiss this much watch kid? When the baby comes I will be over your aunt"

 

"ROY!"

 

"I can't find where the shampoo box is Aunt Jay. Did you move it again?" Janet cringed changing the subject rolling her eyes.

 

"Hold on baby I'm getting up now" Jay responded signaling for Roy to let go. Thankfully he loosened his hold for her to stand up.

 

Once the two ladies were out of the room Roy blew air onto his hand to sniff at the mixture of beer and morning breath. Disgusted by his own breath he decided to have a shower and get ready for their guests arriving in the afternoon.

 

Later in the afternoon Paul and Eva walked through the back door from the back garden to meet Aunt Jay and Uncle Roy waiting at the slide doors.

 

"Hello Eva. How are you? You seem down" Aunt Jay greeted coming forward to give her a warm hug drawing back to look at her closely.

 

"I'm fine. Where is Janet and Michael?" Eva answered with a small smile trying to ignore the full on stare by Uncle Roy.

 

"Michael is out buying drinks we ran out of and Janet is in the kitchen watching over -"Aunt Jay replied cut off by Janet's yell of childish panic from the kitchen.

 

"Aunt Jay I need your help in the kitchen!"

 

"She started off so strong. I will be back shortly" Aunt Jay sighed twirling around to walk past her husband quickly to the kitchen.

 

"Now that I have your attention yes I am still here. Uncle Roy I wanted to ask you about what we discussed last time" Paul interjected.

 

"Shit you want to talk about that here with mike's girl?" Roy replied with a roll of his eyes.

 

"You would not mind Eva?" Paul questioned to Eva who was confused at what the pair were talking about.

 

"Well I uh-"Eva answered when Roy interrupted that he needed to talk to Eva privately.

 

"Fabulous! I have an urgent appointment to get with my chocolate goddess.  Love I will come pick you up at 5'clock sharp and nothing less" Paul stated wishing farewell to the pair.

 

"Kid come. I have something to discuss with you" Uncle Roy said in a serious tone then turned around to stroll to the living room while Eva followed behind.

 

The two were sat comfortably basking in the awkward silence. Eva waited for Roy to speak up about what he wanted to discuss with her.

 

"Coke? Water? Wine?" Roy said listing off the drinks that he had in the home.

 

"Um a glass of water would be fine" Eva replied nervously.

 

Wordlessly Roy stood up going to the bar, grabbing a bottle of cool water from the mini fridge. He came back with the items putting them on the table in front of Eva.

 

"I know you are nervous kid but I promise I won't hurt you. I have questions" Roy stated coolly.

 

"Eh that is fine what do you want to ask?" Eva questioned scratching her arm wondering inwardly what he could ask her.

 

"I found out you are mixed from my wife...how you have coped all these years from the shit you received alongside knowing about your heritage" Roy questioned to surprise of Eva.

 

"I am of Indian and German heritage. My mother is Indian and my father is German. It was not easy growing up in India being the darkest in my village. I was teased relentlessly by the other children because of my heritage and I was called so many names like Haraam Zaada meaning bastard in English which I found silly when my father was present in my life." Eva explained to Roy with saddening eyes remembering the cruel memories from her childhood.

 

"Shit kid you had it tough! After all that you still stick to that side? You didn't abandoned your Asian roots?" Roy questioned.

 

"Because I realize that everything I experienced made me a stronger person whether I am Indian or German. I identify with both of my cultures no matter how I was treated by my people back home. The people back home do not define who I am" Eva explained once more to flabbergast Roy.

 

"Eh why all the questions about my heritage?" Eva asked snapping Roy out of his inner thoughts.

 

"Well kid I am mixed myself. Black mother and Indian father." Roy stated darkly.

 

"Why such hate towards your Asian side. What did they do to you if you do not mind me asking?" Eva inquired curious at what he could have experienced.

 

"Difference between us is you grew up your father in your life. From what my mother's words my father saw me, he immediately cast me off to be a bastard because he believed he could not have a ‘black child' in his life. So he left the both of us with his family. My mother thought they would be happy to take us in but sadly was not the case.

The fuckers I mean my cousins chose to find ways to bring hell into my life.  Waking me up at crack of dawn to do the house chores when their lazy bums were able to help around and still find ways destroy my stuff. They did not stop to insult my appearance. It made me resent my Asian heritage it is all thanks to those shit heads. Sadly it took too long for my mother to get us out but when we did I was around age of fourteen when we moved. I have not looked back since." Roy clarified to Eva who had been listening quietly.

 

"I am not a therapist Roy but it sounds like what you have experienced has made you bitter against your Asian roots. Not every Indian will be this heartless. There are some good ones out there. I just feel you need to let this anger and pain go so you can let this trauma heal and move on. It never hurt to know that side you were never allowed to experience" Eva said stating her feelings to his story.

 

"You gave me a lot to think about. Promise me this conversation does not leave this room" Roy instructed stony face to Eva.

 

"My lips are sealed" Eva responded nodding to confirm her promise.

 

Roy chose to crack a joke to let the tense air disappear and try to start a bond with the wise girl.

 "Thanks kid you might be made for my nephew. Add Uncle to my name kid that is what everyone calls me" Roy stated with his signature smirk.

 

"I never expected you to be mixed. Eh thank you" Eva observed looking at Roy closely to see any traits of Asian in him.

 

"I know I'm a handsome but you gotta stop checking me out before Michael gets back" Roy blurted out teasing Poor Eva.

 

" I was not looking at you like that um you are not a bad looking old man wait I-" Eva panicked realizing what she said might come off slightly rude when Roy cut her off.

 

"Take it easy kid you are alright in my book" Roy stated to ease her nerves.

 

Just as Eva was about to reply Michael walked into the living room to see his uncle and girlfriend (in his mind) together.

 

"Uncle Roy I bought the beers you wanted---what are you two talking about?" Michael said announcing his presence.

 

"Eva decided to teach me some of the Indian swear words like eh what was that word for bastard again?" Roy lied with a shrug of shoulders.

 

"Haraam Zaada" Eva answered playing along to his lie.

 

"I doubt I believe a word coming out of both but when I'm done putting these away I'm taking Eva away up to my room. Muscles misses her" Michael mused.

 

"Don't worry son I know you missed her not your lizard pet. I won't interrupt like I did by mistake last time just close the door next time" Roy retorted.

 

"Muscles is a snake uncle! How many times must I tell ya" Michael sighed frustrated his uncle.

 

"Whatever kiddo. I'm off to have my weekly cigarette talk to y'all later." Roy replied standing up leaving the living room.

 

Michael gave Eva a quick smile before rushing out of the living room to finish his task and coming back mins later to take her to his bedroom.

 

The pair cuddled in his bed sharing a few kisses here and there till a kiss insulated by Michael led him to stroke Eva's stomach creeping closer to her chest. Eva pulled away from his lips knowing what they were doing was going too far again.

 

"Why did you pull away Eva?" Michael asked staring back at her confused.

 

"We were almost going to go too far Michael! I should not be doing do this" Eva replied pinching the bridge of her nose.

 

"Please stop worrying. The idiot is not here to harm you and I will protect you to the best of my abilities. Relax Eva" Michael assured her tugging her back to his side. He gave her a tender kiss to the forehead.

 

"I can't help it Michael. I'm stuck in this marriage and there is no way out-" Eva rambled to be cut off by Michael's soothing words "enjoy the moment we have together Eva I will continue to remind you time and time again because you deserve to be free and away from that marriage" he concluded kissing her sweetly to his relief she responded back.

 

The pair continued to lock lips till a yell from outside the closed door by Aunt Jay told them that Lunch was ready.

 

The pair got off the bed together holding hands walking to the door when Michael had to ask "Eva what were you and Uncle Roy talking about before I walked in"

 

"I want to tell you Michael but I promised him I would not say a word" Eva replied with the motion of zipping her lips.

 

"Fair enough. Let's get some lunch and you can tell the whole family about the sudden emergency" Michael answered with a shrug of his shoulders accepting that their conversation was none of his business. The pair left the room and went downstairs to join the rest of the family for lunch.

 

Thirty minutes later the Jackson clan and their honorary guest sat stuffed from the heavy meal prepared by Aunt Jay and Janet.

 

Aunt Jay sensed Eva was ready to make an announcement quickly silenced the chatter amongst the trio with a sharp glare to allow Eva to speak.

 

"You have the floor sweetie. Tell us what is going on" Aunt Jay coaxed her gently.

 

"I am travelling back to India with my grandma to buy my dress for my wedding for two weeks" Eva announced smiling miserably.

 

"That sounds like hell-"

"I mean how dreadful" Uncle Roy stated bluntly cut off by the icy glare Jay threw at him to backtrack his words.

 

"That sounds like fun! You get to see your family again. If you do find a great dress keep it hidden till you marry into our family instead of that prick they want to saddle you off too. Humph" Janet responded huffing with arms folded against her chest.

 

"Janet! We do not swear in this house! Now sweetie all I want for you do is focus on going back home is to see your family. Do not let the shopping spree overshadow your stay and when you get back we will be waiting for you to come back with all the spices you can bring back for me" Aunt Jay reasoned getting up from her seat to give the young woman a tight hug while Janet rolled her eyes behind her back.

 

"Oi! I saw that brat. Stop the attitude or I will not cut your damn allowance again" Uncle Roy threatened to Janet.

 

"Aw Uncle Roy!" Janet whined.

 

"Fix the attitude and there will be no problems idiot" Uncle Roy rebuked watching as Janet stood up, tears in her eyes stomping out of the living room.

 

"Roy! You know she is sensitive. I will leave you in Michael's capable hands Eva. I have to take care of one upset teenager" Aunt Jay responded pulling away from the hug with Eva to give her husband an annoyed glare before strolling out of the room to find her distraught niece.

 

"Uncle Roy that was a little harsh" Michael chipped in.

 

"Alright I'll go apologize. Talk to you some other time kids" Uncle Roy replied with a sigh. Rising to his feet he walked out of the living room to find his wife and niece.

 

Now the couple were alone Michael went to seat by Eva. He wrapped one arm around her shoulders bringing her closer to his side.

 

"Will Janet be alright?" she questioned in concern.

 

"She will be alright once Uncle Roy apologizes then increase her allowance if she behaves" Michael reassured as he dropped a tender kiss to her cheek.

 

"I hope so  ... Are you growing a beard Michael?" Eva inquired caressing the stubble below his lips.

 

"Sort of I haven't shaved in a while. You think I can grow a decent beard like Uncle Roy?" He pondered out loud to Eva thoughtfully.

 

"Sorry to tell you um but I don't think you can grow a full beard." Eva teased.

 

"I can't believe my own girlfriend has no faith for me to bother growing a beard" Michael sulked to the amusement of Eva till she focused on the term girlfriend pushing herself away from him remembering these happy days would not last.

 

"Eva what did I say wrong?" Michael noticing how the light heartened mood turned soured seeing how she moved away from him.

 

"You said girlfriend Michael knowing-"Eva replied before she was interrupted by Michael's stern words

 

"Eva I know the consequences of what we are doing and I have said my piece time and time. I don't care. I just want to enjoy us. Don't you want to relish in the time we have together as a couple without thinking of the future? Please push those thoughts away when we are alone"

 

Michael watched as she tugged her earlobe loss in thought before releasing a heavy sigh to answer his statement "You are right Michael. I just worry about what lies ahead"

 

"We can cross that bridge when it comes but how about a marshmallow and biscuit treat?" Michael suggested changing the subject.

 

"That sounds lovely" Eva exclaimed sweetly.

 

Without a word jumping to his feet Michael strolled out of the living room heading to the kitchen to grab the items needed to create the gooey treat he had in mind. A few mins later he returned with two plates. On the plates were three layers of medium sized chocolate chip cookies topped with melted marshmallows.

 

Strolling back into the room Michael gave Eva one of the plates with a spoon before sitting once more by her side. They indulged in their treats separately till they were feeding each other that lead to a small lip locking session that Paul walked into around ten minutes to five.

 

"Whoa I did not expect to walk into this kind of scenery! Now lovebirds. It truly pains me to stop you both but I have to return one princess back to the dungeon" Paul yelped flabbergast covering his eyes with his hands to block out what he had just witnessed.

 

The pair broke the kiss to share deadpan looks at their overdramatic friend. Paul sensed the quietness removed his hands from his face to see the pair were separated.

"Alright time to take you back Princess Eva. I'll be coming back after I drop her off Pal" Paul responded with a small smile.

The couple indulged in a quick hug before departing from Michael watched them walk out of the house.

With nothing to do Michael decided to get up and tinker with his camera in his room.

End Notes:

hey all been a while since I last updated whoops my bad ^^''. What do you think of the chat between Eva and Uncle Roy? alongside the sweet moments between Eva and Mike? and everything else that happened in between?. 


hopefully I can update next week! be on the look out for the next chapter next ^^'. 


Enjoy! <3

XXVI by Lorry

26th May 1997

Last few days had flown by for the family of four and now the day was here for Eva and Daadi to travel back to India.

Eva had packed her bags the night before and now was spending the little time she had left to clean her room and making sure to put the pager in the box of memories underneath the stacks of envelopes away from Vikram just in case he decided to come into her room and be nosy. Eva was closing the closet door when Adil stepped into her room exclaiming "cous you still packing?! You and Daadi have a flight to catch come on hurry up!"

 

"I'm coming" Eva mumbled to the amusement of Adil who rolled his eyes. He left her in the room.

 

Eva grabbed the closed rucksack bag on the bed alongside looking into the small mirror brushing back any hairs. Pleased to see that her hair was cooperating, she stepped out of the bedroom closing the door behind her to go down the stairs to meet up with the others.

 

Surprised to see the door open Eva stepped out to see the twins chatting eagerly with Paul leaning by the driver's door with a different car.

 

"Paul! Why are you here? Again?" Eva exclaimed strolling up to them as three pairs of eyes shifted their gazes to look at her.

 

"We invited him to come pick you and Daadi up" Adil replied.
"She would not bother talking down on you in the car with Paul there beside you" Aadesh added with a gentle smile.

 

"Aww you two can be so sweet when you want to be" Eva cooed at the twins who shrugged their shoulders.

 

"Anyway we have things to do. I'll miss you couz. Please do not forget to greet our family back home for us" Aadesh responded moving forward to give his cousin a tight hug, letting go to allow Adil press a kiss on her forehead and give his own hug.

 

"He wants to use this chance to see Sophia while I'm the third wheel sadly" Adil sighed wrinkling his nose at the thought.

Wordlessly Aadesh dragged his brother away from the pair to walk elsewhere.

 

"Love don't give me that look. I hate when you look at me with disdain. The twins were right don't you think?" Paul addressed with a lopsided smile.

 

"Ugh Paul you never go by the rules. I feel you do these surprises to get some fun out of this" Eva responded pinching the bridge of her nose.

 

"Now love why would I follow the rules? Aren't rules meant to be broken? You should know by now I will never play with your emotions. I am too much of a gentleman to try and hurt my precious friend" Paul drawled sweetly while drinking from his jug of jasmine tea.

 

Just as Eva was about to respond to his statement Daadi walking out of the front door to see her granddaughter and that same boy from last week together chatting. This was not tolerated by the old woman.

 

"Child why is the door wide open? You want thieves to enter and steal everything eh?! Lock the door! We do not have time to waste." Daadi barked startling poor Eva as she obeyed leaving Paul to face the old woman.

 

Paul inwardly rolled his eyes at the treatment that Eva had to face because of this old woman.

Wish my pal was here to see this for himself. He thought inwardly.

 

"So how is your father young man? Has his health become better?" Daadi inquired curiously.

 

"He is getting much better each day with the medicine" Paul answered faking a sad smile at the old woman.

 

"That is good news. Let me give you some more money to help out" Daadi replied eagerly going through her purse to find a tenner to hand over to Paul.

 

At this point Paul just kept his mouth shut knowing any protest would just egg on the woman to take the money. He bought his hand out watching the tenner fall onto his palm. Once in his hand he put the money into his wallet for safekeeping (he was going to give the money to his nephew when he sees him). Thankfully Eva came back seconds later to see Paul putting his wallet in the back pocket of his navy blue jeans.

 

"Now let us go. You can sit in front Eva" Daadi barked to the duo. The pair nodded together but secretly rolling their eyes at her behavior.

 

Once everyone was sat in the car with seatbelts secured against their chests, Paul started the engine and they were on their way to the airport.

 

Two hours later after a quick farewell from Paul the two family members immediately gave their bags to the checking section to be weighed. Knowing their luggages were secure they walked quickly to the gate of their destination.

.

.

 

Eight hours later the two women walked out of the airport together both exhausted by the long journey. Eva was grateful they had packed three suitcases instead of six Daadi originally wanted to carry but the twins and Vikram persuaded her out of the idea. Standing under the shade the airport roof thinking quietly for a moment till Eva decided to ask what the plan was.

"Daadi where are we going?" Eva questioned fanning herself using a rolled up newspaper.

 

"Child we will visit my sister. After seeing her we will make our way to Delhi early in the morning tomorrow. Is that clear?" Daadi replied in tired voice.

 

"Yes Daadi that sounds wonderful" Eva replied happily at the chance to see her other Daadi who loved her.

 

Without a word Daadi's eyes swept around the area when she spotted a young man wiping the windows of the neon green and yellow taxi car. The young taxi driver paused his task wiping the sweat off his forehead to spot two women watching him not too far from where he stood.

 

They look lost. Perhaps this will be a chance to make some cash today.

He thought silently.

 

Abandoning his car he approached them striking a conversation with Daadi over the taxi prices.

 

Minutes later the young man was gritting his teeth as he held his hand out waiting for the cash. Daadi dropped the money onto his hand with a smug smile finding his expression to be quite hilarious. While Eva watched on pitying him for submitting to her demand in prices.

 

.

 

The pair stepped out of the taxi sighing heavy turning around to face the taxi when they saw the driver come out of the car to unlock the back boot bringing their luggage out then placed the suitcases in front of them then left wishing the duo farewell.

 

Now standing in front of the door, Daadi knocked three times stepping back hearing the approaching foot steps walking towards the door. The door opened revealing Daadi's fraternal twin in a nightgown and hair plaited back into a loose braid.

 

"Riya? What are you doing here?!" Adra gasped wondering why her sister was here at this time of the night.

 

"I have come back with Eva it is time for the marriage union. There is nowhere else we can go till we go to Delhi tomorrow. Come child" Daadi explained to her sister as Adra stepped aside to allow her sister and granddaughter entry into her home.

 

"Why did you not call?" Adra questioned sighing.

 

"We did not need to" Daadi huffed back at her sister as Eva turned around to bring the luggage inside the home while the sisters walked further till they were in the living room.

 

Now seated in the room under the cool air blowing from the ceiling fan above the two sisters sat side by side staring each other down.

 

Daadi noticed her twin was still slim with strands of grey peppered in the toffee brown hair and hazel eyes a complete opposite to her own heavy set frame and jet black gradually graying.


"I see grey hairs sprouting in your hair Adra" Daadi commented to her sister.

 

"I can see the same grey hairs Riya. We are not young women anymore" Adra replied back with a sigh.

 

"How is your husband and your sons with their wives?" Daadi inquired shifting the conversation to another topic.

 

"Neither of them are home tonight they will be back tomorrow evening. How is the planning for Eva and how are my other babies doing?" Adra replied.

 

"Humph the boys are well but nothing is going well, none of the best shops in London are good enough for this wedding. That is why we are back home to find something better" Riya complained to her sister who could only stare back at her infuriated.

 

"Did you give her the chance to show you something to try before you said no?" Adra asked her sister.

 

"Of course! What she showed me was too bright for her brown skin! I did not want her to stand out against Vikram" Daadi answered.

 

"Bahan you always want control eh? The girl cannot help why she was born!" Adra snapped at her sister. She was tired of the constant belittlement towards their eldest granddaughter.

 

At that moment Eva walked into the room to see the two sisters were glaring each other down.

"I am going to bed it is late. I will see you all in the morning" Riya said rising to her feet and walking out of the room leaving the duo alone.

 

"Did she say something crazy Daadi Adra?" Eva asked curiously sitting by her side with a small smile.

 

"Vivu do not mind that old woman she is never satisfied now how are you! You can tell me all about the United Kingdom" Adra replied with wave of her hand, changing the subject to find more about her.

 

"Well um ..." Eva began to explain to Daadi Adra about her adventures in the United Kingdom till she was cut off by the older woman when she heard she had met someone.

 

"Wait child who is this young boy?! You are gushing so much about him and his friend? Eh was It Paulo?" Adra pointed out with eyebrows raised smirking at her grandchild.

 

"His friend's name is Paul Daadi and ah yes he is a good friend of mine---"Eva continued on before she was cut again off by the older woman.

 

"I doubt he is a friend child I know you are lying" Daadi chuckled, wagging her finger at Eva.

 

"Ok he is more than a friend... You do not mind he is not of Asian descent?" Eva confessed sadly.

 

"Now child why would I care? History is repeating itself again. I just wish you had met him on better terms. I wish your parents had not allowed Riya to have control over everything. If she had tried it with me I would have not been able to be with your grandfather today" Adra advised to Eva who breathed a sigh of relief knowing at least she had someone who had her back over what was going back home.

 

"I wish I could get out of this arrangement Daadi. Vikram is not right for marriage. The things he has done to me..." Eva answered with a tired yawn.

 

"My sister is only doing this to make sure wealth stays in the family. But I do believe something will happen to get you out of this situation child. Let fate do its work and enjoy the time you have with that young man" Adra advised patting her hand in assurance. Not listening to any protests from her granddaughter Adra stood announcing they should get some sleep.

 

Daadi Adra guided Eva to second guest room whereas Daadi Riya was asleep in the first guest bedroom. Once Adra saw that she was comfortable she left to go to bed herself.

 

 

End Notes:

As Promised the next chapter! what do you think of Riya's twin sister? their arguements? alongside everything else? tell me what ya think in the comments <3


Enjoy! <3

XXVII by Lorry
Author's Notes:

Going back in time to recall the memories of went down between Riya and Prisha way back then! perhaps you can spot the traits Eva inherited from her parents? lol.

--:: August 5th 1976 :: --

 

Riya and her husband Binu sat together on the coach in their living room waiting for the arrival of their daughter alongside her friend she was bringing along from Germany.

 

“Where is this girl? Time is going so fast” Riya complained.

 

“Calm down Riya. Prisha will be here soon, you know traffic at this time of the day is crazy” Binu responded calmly.
“So? I want to see this friend that she is bringing home to us today. It must be that boy she has not stopped rambling about since she went to study off in Germany. I wish she had just stayed home to study instead of going abroad” Riya responded to her husband flicking her nails absent minded.

 

“Riya she is on her way here will you stop being impatient? For the last time I am glad she went away to study abroad because this gave her a chance to explore the world outside our home.“ Binu stated calmly as his wife threw him an annoyed glare.

 

“You always let that child get her way Husband that is why she is so spoilt today” Riya spat at Binu.

 

Binu sighed placing the cup of jasmine tea down on the small coffee table knowing that those were fighting words from his spiteful wife. He counted to ten in his head before grasping the cup of tea in his hand again to take another sip.


“You will not talk hm?” Riya sneered at her husband.

 

Binu continued to sip his tea ignoring her as his mind began to think about other things while Riya huffed childishly at her him. The married couple sat in silence for another thirty minutes till the silver tongued voice of their beloved daughter Prisha snapped the couple out of their thoughts.

 

“Mama! Papa! I have returned home. Did you both miss my face?” Prisha called out to them as she walked into the living room whereas Bruno chose to wait behind. He wanted to give her time to chat with them and introduce him when the time was right.

 

“Piya welcome home we do have your brother visiting us more often. Still I’ve missed you I don’t know about your mother.” Binu greeted his daughter watching her eagerly run into his arms.

 

“Pfft you are just saying that papa you love me more than Ansh. I am your favorite papa I knew you’d miss me the most” Prisha retorted cuddling into his warmth.

 

“That is why you are spoilt Prisha! Now come give your mama a hug” Riya cut in sarcastically.

 

Father and daughter sighed together at Riya’s statement. Reluctantly Prisha pulled away from him to embrace her mother.

 

Riya  drew back with a small smile towards her daughter as she looked her up and down to see that she was more tanned than when she last  saw her six months ago.

 

“Hm you are looking darker Prisha. You did not use the skin creams I sent you?” Riya questioned her daughter who rolled her eyes inwardly.


“No mama I did not use the creams you sent me. There is nothing with my skin. I will not bleach my skin for your control” Prisha replied drawing away from the embrace.

 

Riya was about to respond to the cheekiness spewing from Prisha’s mouth when Binu stepped to avoid the pair to start arguing like they would normally any other day.

 

“Now do not start arguing when we have been reunited after so long! Now my little girl please introduce me to the young man standing behind the front door. He looks thirsty” Binu stated to his daughter with his hands on her shoulders pushing forward to the door.

 

“Bruno!” Prisha gasped remembering her boyfriend waiting for her to introduce him.

 

Bruno?! Where in India have I heard a man be called that eh Binu?” Riya mumbled to her husband who could only sigh having no clue on how to answer this crazy woman he was stuck with.

 

Prisha returned seconds later pulling a tall lanky young man into the living room to shock of her parents. They stood viewing a bronzed skinned young man with a pair of striking green blue coloured eyes and a messy head of curls framing his face.

 

Bruno brushed off any creases in his short navy blue shirt to look up and gaze into the dazed faces of Prisha’s parents.

 

Bruno felt the sweat building on his neck from the intense gazes thrown his way from his girlfriend’s parents. He chose that it was the right time to break the anxious atmosphere by bringing out his hand out in greeting and a sweet smile.

 

“Good afternoon my name is Bruno. I am Prisha’s boyfriend” Bruno greeted in a heavy German accent.

 

“Boyfriend?!” Riya screeched in horror at the young man in front of her.

 

Oh Bruno and his big mouth! We agreed to wait a few days till we break the news we are officially together. I will have to save his mouth as usual

Prisha thought sighing.

 

“Mama please we are just friends! Isn’t that right Bruno?!” Prisha replied elbowing Bruno. He chuckled nervously as he nodded his head realizing he had almost messed up their plans.

 

Friend? Thank goodness! You are not my daughter's servant? Surely you are just here to guide her back home and return to your country” Riya retorted jolted out of the shock relieved that this boy was just a friend.

Mama!” Prisha scolded.

“Would you calm down Riya?! They are clearly friends! Please young man forgive my wife. Now what is your name again?” Binu deflected shaking the younger man’s hand snapping back from the news.

 

“All is forgiven my name is Bruno sir. At least my name is not too long to remember” Bruno replied with a shrug of his shoulders cracking a slight joke.

 

Arguments avoided the couple were able to settle in Prisha’s parents home for the next few days. Meeting in secret together alongside when Prisha was free from the clutches of Riya. When she did have her daughter by her side, she used the time to parade her around the town buying groceries and other small tasks that needed to be done.

 

It was early in the morning on the fifth day when Binu witnessed his daughter and friend kissing in the back balcony alone. He’d been looking for his daughter in hopes to spend some time with her before his wife could snatch her away for whatever trip he did not want to be part of.

 

Coughing into his hand loudly alerted the couple to their unwanted guest as they pulled apart to see the stern face of Binu glaring at the pair clearly unamused by what he had just witnessed.

 

“Eh hey papa what brings you to see me and Bruno?” Prisha blurted weakly against her father’s stern expression.

 

“Hello sir. Um we were not kissing or anything just eh—ow!” Bruno rambled, cut off by the smack to the shoulder.

 

“First of all you both can explain everything from top to bottom Go” Binu ordered dragging one of the spare chairs to seat on.

 

The duo began to explain the story to Prisha’s father who sat with a stony faced expression throughout the entire history of their relationship up till now. After forty minutes of talking shared between them alongside taking water breaks they sat together holding hands sharing sheepish looks waiting for Binu’s reaction.

 

The kids look so happy I might not be hundred percent be happy with Prisha’s choice in a man but who am I to stop her from finding true happiness. Binu thought inwardly over the discussion.

 

“It is not my right to force you to change your mind being with him because you are grown to create your own path. If this young man makes you happy then I have no say even through it will take me some time to get used to seeing you with a white man my child. Your mother is going to be the one who will be hard to convince” Binu replied sharing his thoughts.

 

“Oh thank you papa! I am so glad you accept us” Prisha jumped up from her seat to fling her arms around her old man in a brief tight squeeze.

 

Binu chuckled dryly used to Prisha’s over the top antics as she drew away to reply “mama is going to be hard to crack but she should be happy that I found someone who loves me. Even if she doesn’t like you love”

 

“I noticed she seems to hate my presence even when I am harmlessly doing nothing heh” Bruno responded rubbing his neck nervously.

 

“How about this? You both can announce your relationship during dinner tonight? My wife will be back from gossiping with her friends and be in a good mood” Binu suggested to the duo.

 

“That is brilliant papa! I’m going to go see a friend next door.  Stay behind I will not be long” Prisha responded giving her a boyfriend a kiss to the cheek before rushing out of the room leaving the men alone.

 

Bruno didn’t want awkward silence to continue stretching between himself and Binu. He decided to bring up the topic of marriage to Binu’s father. A thought that had plagued his mind before they had arrived to India alongside the ring he had bought hidden in his suitcase from Prisha.

 

“So sir what do you think of marriage?” Bruno blurted out to the surprise of Binu who focused his attention on the young man in front of him.

 

“I am married young man. Why do you ask?” Binu pointed out with narrowed eyes suspicious by the sudden question.

 

Taking all the courage he had in within, Bruno squared his shoulders gazing somberly into the brown eyes of Binu. He stated calmly “well I want to ask for your blessing because I want to marry Prisha”

 

Binu sat in his chair with wide eyes and mouth slack by the sudden news from Bruno. The icy glare he received from the younger man was proof that he was serious towards his sudden statement.

 

Quickly he schooled his features back to neutral with his blunt response.

“Do you truly love my daughter that you will able to be able her shield from the backlash she is going to get from my family and community if she says yes to you alongside any other trials that come your way? Do you love her that much you will never run away from her?”

 

“Sir I know how it feels to be shunned by your family and become the black sheep in a family of multi-talented people. I promise with every breath I have on this earth that I will do my best to keep Prisha happy for her own happiness and mine. I have found my soulmate in a beautiful woman who is just selfless and kind to everyone she knows because that is one of the many traits that made me truly fall madly in love with the daughter you bought to this world. I stand by my statement whether they sound cheesy or untruthful to you sir” Bruno stated solemnly sharing eye contact with Bruno.

 

“Hm your words sound true young man. What I have witnessed these last days has shown me you treasure my daughter. It will take me some time getting used to you but time is here to make changes. Good luck facing my wife” Binu replied with a half-smile at Bruno.

 

“Sir that is good enough for me. Shall we have a glass of Punch I made from the fridge this morning? There is still some left in the fridge” Bruno replied with a beaming smile feeling the tension from his shoulders fade away. He was relieved to know he had blessings from Binu to propose to Prisha.

 

The pair rose to their feet together walking back into the house meeting Prisha half way to enjoy the punch made by Bruno.

 

Soon after the drinks were finished and the trio were sat together Bruno prospered to the disbelief of Prisha who immediately agreed jumping into his arms as she peppered his face with kisses whereas Binu watched with a dejected smile to see his now baby girl become engaged in front of him.

 

.

.

.

:: - Dinner time  - ::

 

Dinner was a quiet affair amongst the family of three and their guest sitting opposite of each other around the spacious table eating from the enjoyable food and drink spread out on the table.

 

“So what did you study at university young man?” Riya questioned suddenly while spreading butter on a piece of bread.


“I studied a combined course Construction and Architecture. I would love to explain the whole course but we would be here all night to early in the morning” Bruno joked. Father and daughter shared a chuckle from his joke.

 

“He was so passionate staying indoors getting his work done. Dragging him out was tiring” Prisha responded giggling with a roll of her eyes.

 

“Come on babe don’t embarrass me in front of your parents! Besides I had to drag you out to take breaks during finals weeks equality was needed” Bruno answered back shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Now Prisha why has your other hand been hiding all this time? You did not break a nail daughter?” Riya asked her daughter changing the subject not wanting to witness anymore of their supposed friendship.

Bruno squeezing Prisha’s hand under the table gave her the courage to bring her hand out showing off the two carat gold ring decorated with diamonds around the swirl design on the ring.

 

Prisha gasped when she saw the expensive ring on her finger. Instantly she grabbed her daughters hand to get a closer look at the ring with an amazed expression.

 

“This ring Prisha?! Who prospered to you?!” Riya demanded with angry eyes aimed at her daughter.

 

“Well Bruno prospered earlier this afternoon mama. We are engaged” Prisha gushed with a breathtaking smile at her mother.

 

“What? This boy you claimed to be your friend days ago?! You cannot be engaged! I rebuke this marriage child! You have ruined the plans I had for you to marry Muhammad. You remember him your childhood friend who is a good man with a respectful family! You are promised to that man” Riya snapped dropping Prisha’s hand in disgust from the news.

 

“Mama I am not a child anymore! I am old enough to make my own choices and my choice is to be happy with Bruno not whoever you want to saddle me with and be unhappy. I will not be bow down to your control” Prisha barked back.

 

“You will marry Muhammad not this boy from a foreign land what will the neighbors and our family think of us! I am still your mother whether you like it or not. You are still living under my roof!” Riya shouted at her only daughter, fury burning in her eyes.

 

“I do not care for them mama. It is not their business to gossip about this union! I will marry Bruno whether you like it or not!” Prisha yelled back at her mother.

 

“Now both of you stop shouting please—“Binu said stepping before he was cut off by Riya. She blamed him believing all of this mess was his fault for giving her too much freedom to disobey and look where it lead to marry into the arms of a foreign man.

 

 Now Bruno had been watching this argument unfold between mother and daughter seeing how furious his fiancé was becoming.

 

“Please stop fighting! All of this shouting will not help.  I prospered to Prisha because I love her for who she is inside and how happy she makes me why is that not enough?” Bruno butted in to try and defuse the stressed atmosphere.

 

“Your words are irrelevant boy. It is your fault that this whole mess started. Why not just let Prisha give you back the ring then you can return back to wherever you came from” Riya sneered at Bruno.

 

“He is not going anywhere mama! Why can’t you see that he is a good man? He has proved himself these last few days that he is the man for me!” Prisha jumped in defending Bruno.

 

“I do not care if he is a good man or not He will not marry you Prisha! He is not of Indian Blood I will disown you if you marry this filth!” Riya yelled heatedly.

 

“RIYA!” Binu shouted at his wife trying to stop her tiring rant.

 

“Will you shut up you stupid fool!” Riya snarled at her husband giving him another chilling gaze with a pointed finger as the two began to argue.

 

Prisha felt drained from the constant shouting match that was going on. All she wanted was a quiet evening to celebrate the engagement instead all she saw was a family broken by tradition and wealth. In that instant she decided that marrying Bruno was a decision from her heart and no one would stop her.

 

“Mama you do not want me to marry Bruno? Disown me! Bruno and I are leaving” Prisha stated cutting into her parents arguments.

 

Neither one of you are leaving! My threat is still valid Prisha!” Riya warned.

 

“Let us go pack my Perle (Pearl). We have a long flight ahead of us” Bruno added squeezing Prisha’s shoulders briefly before glaring at Riya.

 

Rising to their feet and holding hands the couple walked out of the room without a glance behind them as Riya tried to follow behind them but Binu blocked her path.

 

“You will leave them alone woman! It is your fault that Prisha is leaving with that young man! Instead of begging her to come back and be happy for her you are spewing nonsense!” Binu rebuked at his wife glaring down at her with arms spread out.

 

For once Riya was speechless from his statement, she wisely choose to sit back down and think over what had just happened.

 

 -- :: November 15th 1977 :: --                  

 

When Bruno and Prisha left India that day, they decided to marry in Germany where a small wedding was held with Binu and Bruno’s family in attendance. Thankfully Bruno’s parents were kind to pay for his ticket to attend the wedding while Riya refused to come opting to stay back.

 

In the last two years the married couple had settled in Germany in a medium sized flat in the city enjoying their honeymoon bliss. But in the beginning of the year around mid-February, the married couple were at a small reunion between friends from their university days when suddenly Prisha ran to the nearest restroom holding one hand to her mouth. Bruno found his wife throwing up in the restroom that one of his friends had informed him that she had ran off in a panicked rush.

 

Leaving the party early the couple rushed straight to the hospital fearing something was wrong when they were told by the doctor that Prisha was pregnant.

 

The pair were overwhelmed in sea of emotions to find out they were expecting. Quickly their emotions switched to delight. They had been using the rest of the year to get themselves ready for the arrival of their first born.

 

It was now mid- November where a very pregnant Prisha was laying with pillows plumped against her back and her legs spread out. She munched on a breadstick covered in melted cheese from a bowl on top of her huge belly. While munching away she held a book in hand when her husband walked into their shared bedroom holding the house phone in his hand, his lips pressed together grimacing.

 

“Liebling (darling) we have a phone call from India...” Bruno trailed off as Prisha placed the book aside to focus on him.

 

“Is it papa again sugams?” Prisha questioned.

 

“No Liebling it is your mother…” He responded sighing.

 

“What does she want? Suddenly calling after two years” Prisha snarled.

 

“Please calm down sunshine just hear her out and see what she wants if it’s not for good you can cut the call” Bruno suggested calmly.

 

Bruno went to the other side of the bed before handing the phone to her. He quietly went to sit by her side to overhear the conversation between his wife and mother in law.

 

“Mother hello.” Prisha greeted coolly.

 

“Prisha what happened to calling me mama? Eh” Riya asked.

 

“At the moment you do not deserve to be called mama. How about apologizing for your statements two years ago because that would be wonderful to hear from you as you have not called in so long so what other reason could you be calling out of the blue today” Prisha replied bluntly not in the slightest mood to play games with her.

 

“I will not apologize for my words two years ago I stand by my words Prisha. Yet you still went to marry him. But I am not calling you over what is in the past. Your father informed me this morning that you are pregnant and have been for so long. That man always keep secrets from me. I am disappointed that I am not the first to know about your pregnancy” Riya answered sadly.

 

He didn’t tell you because you would gossip it around the neighborhood back home in spite instead of celebration. Prisha thought.

 

Sharing a look with Bruno who mouthed to her make up a lie why they did not say anything.

 

“We preferred not tell anyone till we knew that the pregnancy was certain” Prisha fibbed confidently to her mother.

 

“Hm.. Could I know what you are having Prisha? I want to send some items to you for the little one” Riya replied a hint of hope in her voice.

 

“We are having a girl mother. Ask papa he has everything anyway mother I have to go Bruno and I have an appointment with the doctors soon.” Prisha lied. She did not want this conversation with her mother to last too long knowing how they could easily butt heads over any topic she chose to talk about.


“I am happy we spoke child... I do miss you if that matters. Chat to you some other time” Riya confided to her only daughter sighing softly before she put the phone down.

 

Giving the phone back to her husband Prisha rubbed her temples in hopes to sooth the small migraine from the short conversation she had with mother.

 

“She didn’t even bother apologizing about her statements two years ago. Typical behavior she is too proud to bother seeing her own flaws!” Prisha growled while Bruno gently pulled her to his side rubbing her whale sized stomach to sooth his furious wife.

 

“Let us just focus on happier times. At least she is not here to give you any more stress thankfully” Bruno replied while Prisha snuggled further into his embrace as much as she could with a wide bump separating them.

End Notes:

I have updated once more! Huzzah! lol. I hope this clears up the tension between Riya and Prisha back in the past. next chapter we are back with Eva and the gang ^^. 


Enjoy!

XXVIII by Lorry

Rising early the next day the duo left the comforting home of Daadi Adra to start the long journey ahead to Delhi but they did not leave without the snacks prepared by Adra to eat along the way.

 

--Five hours later --

Arriving mid-afternoon Daadi and Eva were feeling exhausted from the drive fromMansa - Punjab village' to ‘Delhi'. The duo stood in front of the brightly coloured pink and green home admiring its beauty when the calls of joy alerted their eyes to look upward to see Hiran staring down at them. Seconds later she ran down the stairs to meet her two favorite people in the world.

"BEHAN! DAADI!"

She rushed out of the front door flinging herself into her big sisters arms as Eva lifted her off the ground twirling her around, the two reunited siblings sharing pearls of laughter. A second later Eva put the younger girl back down to the ground.

Immediately Hiran bent down to touch her feet in the usual sign of greeting to Daadi then stood in front of her grinning toothily.

"Baby puff I want the same love you gave to your sister eh? Come" Daadi said smiling warmly at her favourite granddaughter. Hiran obeyed flinging her arms around her waist then letting go.

"Choti where are papa and mama?" Eva questioned.

"Papa is out doing some business. Mama is in the kitchen cooking" Hiran explained.

"That is fine baby puff now get the boys to come take our luggage in and we can go see your mama" Daadi ordered calmly.

"Yes Daadi I'll be right back!" Hiran replied then turned around to run back into the house to find her male cousins.

"She never stops running choti" Eva said with a shake of her head at Hiran's ability to stay still.

Seconds later Hiran returned with two round bodied twin brothers. The brothers greeted Eva and Daadi shortly before they began to carry their luggage into the house. Hiran ran back into the house again going to the kitchen where her mama was busy cooking.

"let us go find your mother" Daadi responded shortly allowing Eva to lead the way into the darkened corridor heading for the kitchen going pass some of the open doors leading to the kitchen to see a thick bodied woman in a red and gold sari cutting onions as Hiran watched from a safe distance.

"Sweetu! There you are my baby! I've missed your smile" Prisha greeted giving her eldest daughter a cheeky grin, while scooping up the chopped onions into the tomato paste cooking in the pot.

"You can't greet your own mother sweetu?" Daadi quipped sarcastically to her daughter.

"Hello Mother. It is nice to see you as well but don't bother staying in here while I cook. Lunch will be ready soon. Hari take your sister and Daadi to the living room" Prisha responded coolly to her mother before giving the command to her youngest daughter.

"Yes mama" Hiran submitted jumping up from the kitchen chair walking to where they stood.

Leading the way Hiran guided them to the spacious living room which was completely different from when Eva was last around. The living room décor had changed to marble floors, two brand new leather coaches and a large mat that was designed and hand stitched with heroes from Asian folklore into the fabric laid on the center of the floor.

"I did not expect the decorations would be so grand" Eva said in awe. She did not expect to come back and see the room changed in her absence.

"it's really cool right Behan! Papa designed it all by himself" Hiran responded walking to seat on one of the black coaches.

 

"I agree choti I can't wait to see papa again. I hope you have been behaving in my absence" Eva asked her little sister choosing to sit by her side while Daadi sat on the other coach.

 

"I have! Mama will say so" Hiran responded with a pout.

 

"How about your father little one? What would he say?" Daadi interjected smiling sweetly at her younger grandchild.

 

"Papa would not agree. He never lets me have fun!" Hiran whined as Eva and Daadi laughed together over her statement.

 

"He does not agree because you scribbled marker ink on his face munchkin. Remember that took many days to rub off" Prisha said walking into the room with a tray of food followed by the twin boys holding the other trays.

 

Once the trays were all set down everyone began to eat indulging in some talk here and there for rest of the afternoon.

 

.

.

 

= Late in the evening =

 

Bruno strolled into the dining room to see his wife, youngest daughter and to his surprise his oldest daughter alongside Riya.

 

"Kleine Maus (little mouse?) " He called out happily as Eva's gaze fell on her father. A beaming smile bloomed on Eva's lips as she stood up from her seat rushing into his arms.  

„papa Ich habe dich vermisst (Papa I missed you)” Eva gushed as she snuggled into his arms, breathing in his familiar smell of oil and Hugo perfume mixed together.

  “kleine Maus Ich habe es versäumt, dein entzückendes Gesicht zu sehen (little mouse I have missed seeing your adorable face)” He smiled gazing tenderly into his little girl’s face.  

“Papa!” Eva groaned at him as Bruno barked in laughter finding his eldest child’s response hilarious.  

“Reunion is over! We should eat as a family now that the man of the house is home” Riya announced ending on a sarcastic note because she was famished waiting this long for this oaf to come home.    

“Nice to see you again mother” Bruno clipped coolly to his mother in law who had to ruin his little reunion with his baby girl.  

“Humph. We were waiting for you” Riya responded shortly.   Breaking out of their hug Eva went back to sit beside Hiran while Bruno gave his wife a quick peck to the lips before sitting down.

At last the plates of food were passed around the table as everyone took their fill from the plates then begun to tuck into the hearty meals whilst in between bites everyone began to shower praise to Prisha about the delicious food.  

“Baby you never cease to amaze me with your skill”   “Mama the food is yummy”   “Mama It’s been so long since I had your cooking  ...I missed it!”  

But one person was not truly happy over the meal she had to endure and chose to state her disapproval.  

“What happened to the recipes I taught you Prisha? There is not enough spices or herbs in these dishes” Riya interjected.  

“Oh adding too much spice mother? I have several mouths that are not all into spice like you. Sadly Eva is the only one who inherited your love of hot food but you never --” Prisha answered but was cut off by Bruno’s warning glare. Wisely she chose to concrete on taking another sip from the glass of chilled water.  

Riya glared at her only daughter choosing to stay quiet and continue eating her plate as the tension in the room heightened.  

“Papa I think I got something stuck in my teeth” Hiran announced sticking her tongue out trying to push out the cabbage stuck in her teeth. Bruno left his meal standing up to assist his daughter as everyone sat in silence eating their meals. Once the food was finished and plates were put away everyone went to their separate rooms.  

 

Meanwhile .

  An hour after Eva and Daadi had left for the airport  

The boys sat in their room working on their papers since Daadi and Eva had left for the airport two hours ago. Their stomachs told them it was time to find some food. Abandoning their books they went down the stairs to the kitchen to find that the fridge was empty to their despair.  

 

“Crap! We forget to ask Eva to stock up for us before she went. We are going to starve bro” Adil moaned to his twin.


“Bro think rationally we won’t starve you are best cook out of the both of us. We can just stock up” Aadesh responded calmly.

 

“Great idea genius but have you forgotten we have no cash?!” Adil replied sarcastically to his brother.   “We could just ask Vikram. He hasn’t left the house yet. He might be up from his nap” Aadesh suggested coolly blinking back at his brother.   “Then how do we ask him? He barely tolerates me” Adil replied shrugging his shoulders.  

“Let me do the talking bro. there is a reason why I am dubbed the smarter twin between us” Aadesh stated smugly as Adil gave him an annoyed glare.  

“Well smart twin go and bring your magic” Adil mocked his brother shoving him towards the staircase.  

Gladly” Aadesh replied facing the stairs to walk up to Virkam’s bedroom.  

In the meantime Adil sat on the stairs whistling a tune under his breath waiting for his brother to return.

Five minutes later Aadesh walked down the stairs holding three twenties in his hand. The noise from his footsteps alerted Adil to look up and see the shit eating smile on his brother’s face.  

“Sooo?” Adil prompted.  

“He gave us sixty pounds. Twenty for food and 40 for transport/Lunch for collage tomorrow. He said he will give us more tomorrow” Aadesh explained walking down the stairs ruffling his brother’s hair.  

“Oh whatever I am too hungry to argue with you. We going to the kebabs?” Adil huffed. Standing up to join his brother walking towards the door.  

“We went there last week. Let’s try that new chicken place across the kebabs shop” Aadesh suggested.  

“For your sake they better have vegan food” Adil warned his twin.  

The two brothers continued to bicker back and forth closing the door behind walking to get their meal for the night.

End Notes:

Happy New year everyone! I hope your new years was fun and great whether you spent it alone or with your fam (I worked cough cough) lol. Enjoy this chapter! see you soon <3

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=7538