5 Brothers and a Baby. by staciethehedghog
Summary:

The boys are disappointed when their day-off full of fun and excitement is cut in an instant to baby-sit Miss Walton's niece.


Categories: Jackson 5: 1965-1975, Humor Characters: None
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: The Jackson 5.
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 5742 Read: 19324 Published: Aug 29, 2017 Updated: Aug 29, 2017
Story Notes:

This story takes place in 1971. The Jackson 5 Era. :)

1. Chapter 1 by staciethehedghog

2. Chapter 2 by staciethehedghog

3. Chapter 3 by staciethehedghog

4. Chapter 4 by staciethehedghog

5. Chapter 5 by staciethehedghog

6. Chapter 6 by staciethehedghog

7. Chapter 7 by staciethehedghog

8. Chapter 8 by staciethehedghog

9. Chapter 9 by staciethehedghog

10. Chapter 10 by staciethehedghog

11. Chapter 11 by staciethehedghog

12. Chapter 12 by staciethehedghog

Chapter 1 by staciethehedghog
Author's Notes:

Enjoy Chapter 1!

 

     Hello everyone, Savanah here bringing you all a new story that I am going to create called: 5 Brothers and a Baby hope you all enjoy 






Summary: The boys are disappointed when their day-off full of fun and excitement is cut in an instant to baby-sit Miss Walton's niece.

Year: In the July of 1971(A sequel to New Friends- Michael meets April)

Setting: Taking place on a sunny Friday afternoon at Hayvenhurst in Encino, California.

Characters: The Jackson 5,

Little Janet Jackson (In a cameo in the 1st chapter)

April Thompson (Later in the fic)

Miss Eliza Walton (In a cameo)

DiDi Walton (Miss Walton's 9-month-old niece)

Rating: G

Chapter 1.

The phone rang through-out the entire Hayvenhurst Mansion on a lovely sun-shining Friday afternoon in the summer of 1971. 5-year-old Janet Jackson ran down the stairs with her braided pig-tails bouncing up and down with every step she took as she breathed in and out for air and answered it.

"Jackson Residence, Janet Jackson speaking." She said in her polite tone yet. When the Jackson children were young, growing up in Gary, Indiana, Katherine had taught them to always state their name and home that way people would know who they were. "Oh hi April what a nice surprise!" She exclaimed while grinning hearing the brunette's voice on the other line. April Nightingale Thompson was their first and new friend whom they had met along with her other friends Rachel Rogers and Tiffany Andrews. She lived at the Sanderson Mansion in Pasadena, California with her 3 older brothers and little sister whom had some particular things in common with the 1st black family of music. April's dream was to become a great chef and after having and taking interest in cooking and baking at a very young age, she was real good at it too.

"Yes he's here, they're outside playing basket-ball. You want to talk to him? okay just hold on and don't hang up" After setting the receiver down gently, the little 5-year-old Jackson girl raced outside in the bright sun-light to get her big brother.

Bouncing could be heard not too far as the Jackson 5 were in the backyard shooting some hoops. Michael and Marlon stared at each-other very intensely while Marlon kept bouncing the ball as a sign for his year younger brother to come and get it if he could try. Mike nodded furrowing his eyebrows; sweat poured down his chocolate colored skin as Marlon threw the ball as high as he could with Michael racing to get it. The older brothers cheered for him as he bounced away and of course trying to be as fast as Marlon who was blocking the hoop stand; Mike smirked throwing the orange ball high up; things were going in slow motion as it was going for the hoop which it proudly did making a swishing sound. Whistles, hand-claps and screaming were all the things that could be heard as they lifted the 11-year-old high in the air as congratulations Marlon, on the other hand, gave him a high-5 as in to say great game. Janet's shouting was then in the mix as the boys turned their heads around seeing her little chest going in and out trying to talk though breathless.

"I just came to tell you that April is on the phone; she said she wants to talk to you." Michael nodded as the brother and sister pair went back into the house.

Chapter 2 by staciethehedghog
Author's Notes:

Chapter 2 right now!

Chapter 2.

After thanking Janet, and watching her go back upstairs, Michael picked up the receiver.

"Hi April, how are you doing today? That's great to hear we are doing fine ourselves. Janet said you wanted to talk to me; I am all ears, what's up? really? Are you serious? When will the grand opening be? Tomorrow morning at 8:30!? of course we can come! Well if it's okay with Mother and Joseph and thank goodness tomorrow's Saturday, no recordings, no interviews, no nothing; we'll see you and the girls there I just hope we'll be the first ones the minute it opens. Okay, thanks for the update see you early tomorrow bye." As he hung up, Michael was jumping for joy like he was on cloud 9. Just then, the brothers came inside wanting to know what was all the commotion about.

"Woah there Mike, what are you so excited about?" Jackie asked only to get a big toothy grin. "I got great news for all of you. April has gotten tickets to Super Mega World!" He exclaimed as they exchanged glances with one another. "Super Mega World? You mean the new amusement park that they have been showing on tv for the past 2 weeks now?" Jermaine asked with Michael nodding then all of them did their own happy dance. "And that's not all, she also said that the grand opening is at 8:30 tomorrow morning and I suggested that we could all go since tomorrow's Saturday and not to mention our day off." The boys clapped and cheered even spinning around like they were playing ring-around-the-Rosie only to get stopped by Jackie in the long run.

"Wait, we have to tell Mother and Joseph about this. We can't just go without their permission; it's best we tell them later tonight at dinner." He suggested getting nods and shortly afterwards, grins wider than Canada.

Hope you enjoy 

Chapter 3 by staciethehedghog
Author's Notes:

Here's Chapter 3 :)

Chapter 3.

Later that evening, everyone was in the big dining room having dinner. The guys gobbled down to Katherine's home-made style macaroni casserole and guzzled down their kool-aid. The Jackson Matriarch stared at her sons with a curious look on her face while Joe, on the other hand, furrowed his eyebrows believing they had forgotten to use their table manners.

"My you guys were hungry; what is the big rush?" She asked only to get a burp from her younger one wiping his mouth with his napkin. He smiled his grand smile explaining to her about April getting all of them tickets to the Super Mega World Theme park where they would have their doors open at 8:30am sharp. She nodded her head after he asked her if it was okay for them to go.

"But that is no excuse why you all had to chug down your food like that; you'll get indigestion." Joe said with a scowl only to get an evil glare from his Wife as Michael asked her if they could be excused in which she nodded her head smiling watching them run at the speed of lightning going up the stairs. "NO RUNNING!!" Joe yelled after them only to get a slap on the upper arm by Kate.

The phone rang once more; Katherine, who was reading a book, put it down to answer only to hear it was Miss Eliza Walton, a Family Friend of theirs. Eliza became the first person who witnessed the Jacksons and had introduced herself shortly after them getting settled in their new home in the State. She was living by herself in a single cottage house in San Francisco and to her, it felt better that way; not married and no children but although not having any of those things in her life, she had the one thing that had always put a smile on her face, her 9-month-old baby niece named DiDi, who was her elder sister's daughter.

"Oh I am so sorry to hear that, I hope she will feel better soon; but don't you have anybody else to watch her while you go to the Luncheon? Oh I see." Katie rubbed her chin in thought then, an idea came into her head like a light-bulb. "Well, how about the boys? After all, tomorrow is Saturday but, they promised their friend that they would go with her and her two friends to an Amusement Park for the Grand Opening. Okay, I'll have them switch to next week-end instead. Okay, dear have a good-night." And she hung up, she sighed looking up the stairs rubbing the back of her neck afraid to break the bad news to her sons who were having high and happy spirits for tomorrow to come but what they didn't know was that they were going to be in for a rude awakening.

Chapter 4 by staciethehedghog

Chapter 4.

Michael laid on his back in his bed reading the latest edition of his superman comic books. He loved the way how the good-guys were always saving the day from evil lurking its ugly head from where ever it was coming from. Knocking interrupted his quiet time as he told the person to come in revealing to be Katherine with a small but sad smile. Michael smiled as he let her in his room; patting down a seat on his bed for her to sit.

"Michael sweet-heart, I know you will be very upset after I'm through talking to you." Michael gave her a confused look asking her what was the matter; she sighed again really afraid to get her son mad or worse sad even. "I just got off the phone with Miss Walton you remember her don't you?" Mike nodded. "Well, it appears that she has to go to a Luncheon tomorrow afternoon but she has no one to leave little DiDi" "But can't her babysitter take care of her like she usually does?" Katie shook her head. "I'm afraid not, she has the chicken pox and might have to stay home for a couple of weeks; so I suggested to her that you all can watch her just for tomorrow."

The next thing she knew Mike's heart stopped beating, his left eye was twitching and his mouth was slightly agape. "What!? but Mother we can't; we promised April that we would go to Super Mega World tomorrow." "I'm sorry honey but that's just going to have to wait until next weekend; I'm sure she will understand." Mike shook his head vigorously feeling his anger boiling up. "But it's the Grand Opening you gotta let us go." He pleaded having tears form up in his doe-like brown eyes. The sight alone was making Kate's heart break but nonetheless, told him that there was always next Saturday to go and that was final; leaving and closing the door, Mike threw his comic book on the floor and throwing his head into the pillow letting his sobs be muffled. He just didn't think it was fair; he felt that no one understood how much he just wanted to be a normal kid and do things like what normal children do; it felt like someone had a hot knife and stabbed his heart with it.

Chapter 5 by staciethehedghog

Chapter 5.

Early the next morning, Michael, in his pajamas, came downstairs and went straight into the kitchen seeing the brothers in their sleeping clothes as well having breakfast which consisted of bowls of their favorite cold cereal and glasses of orange juice. "Morning guys." He muttered out only to get hand-waves and nods looking down like their little brother.

He took a seat in his chair and started to pour out his cereal which was frosted flakes. He started to chew and swallow; not really feeling in the mood to talk. Shortly, Jackie spoke up. "Mother told us the same thing last night Michael; I know you're very disappointed but like she said, there's always next Saturday." Mike snorted at the failed attempt the 2nd eldest said. "Hey look on the bright side" Marlon blurted out. "And what is it Marlon?" Mike asked nonchalantly not really paying attention to his year older brother. "At least we won't be bored to death looking like zombies and have to rename ourselves The Zombie 5." Marlon laughed but the others didn't which made him shut up in an instant. "Well, what are we suppose to do now?" Jermaine asked it was still early too early to go do the babysitting job. "Since we're not expected until 2:00, how about we shoot some more hoops for a little while?" Tito suggested with them nodding finishing their Saturday breakfast, and cleaning up, they filed in a neat line going upstairs to get ready for the day ahead.

Chapter 6 by staciethehedghog

Chapter 6.

Where: 2113 Rose Avenue in San Francisco, California.

Time: 1:45 pm.

It was now 1:45 by the time the brothers got to the woman's house. Although they were not needed yet, Jackie suggested that it would be great to get there 15 minutes early. Getting out of the limo, they all walked up the marble steps to the little red cottage; Tito rang the doorbell. Within 3 minutes, it had finally opened revealing to be Miss Eliza Walton with a smile on her mocha-skin toned face; she was middle-aged between 40-45 years old. Like most women now in the 70's, she had an afro but a little bit small for her to handle; she had hazel eyes which would light up when she stepped out into the bright sunlight. On her body, was a simple yet elegant sleeveless purple dress that went below her knee-caps, matching purple high heels and white lace sleeve gloves that were on her petite hands that meant she was about to go to the Luncheon.

"Why hello there boys, you are all very early today." She said placing her balled up fists on her slightly curvy hips. Jackie gave her a warm smile. "Well, we decided to come before you would leave; you know what they always say, the early bird get's the worm." Miss Walton giggled as she lead them inside her living room. For a lady that lived by herself, she sure kept the place tidy and clean as a whistle.

"Okay, now I left you a list of instructions and a schedule. And don't worry, the emergency numbers are on the fridge; if you all get hungry, I made some sandwiches of your favorite; DiDi's formula is in there as well." The boys nodded getting all the messages they could retain as they all went back into the den, Eliza waving goodbye and closed the door.

"So, this is it? this is what we are suppose to do?" Marlon asked. "Yeah, but don't sweat it, at least it's just for today; besides, what's the worse that could happen?" Jermaine replied. It didn't take long for them to realize the awful smell that inflamed their noses and crying erupted; turning their heads, they witnessed the poor 9-month-old in her crib balling her eyes out. "Oh no..." Tito muttered gazing at his brothers then back at the baby. "Who's on doody patrol?" "I'm not" The 4 boys said in unison in an instant. "Thanks a lot." The guitarist said his voice dripping with sarcasm as he picked her up and went upstairs to change her diaper.

"This is going to be a long day." Michael muttered and sighed sitting on a white arm-chair.

Chapter 7 by staciethehedghog
Author's Notes:

Here's chapter 7 may have some comedy in it 

Chapter 7.

It had been 10 minutes since Tito went up to get DiDi changed; the 4 guys sat in the living room looking more bored than ever.

"Man, what in the world is taking Tito so long? It can't be that hard can it?" Jermaine asked with them shrugging. "It's not really once you pay attention and get used to it; I watched Mother many times changing you all that I got into it and it became my job from then on." Jackie said with his arms crossed. "What do you say we go check?" Marlon asked with them nodding.

"Come on DiDi please be still and let me do this; besides, don't you want to have a fresh clean diaper on yourself." Tito asked fighting to situate the baby girl who wouldn't stop squirming. "Hey bro, need some help?" Jermaine asked after seeing him distressed. He nodded. "Sure I could use all the help I could get considering the fact that I've been here trying to sit her still." The brothers ignored his snappy attitude as Michael stroked her hair which made her calm down; Jackie, stood in front getting a much better diaper that had flowers and butterflies. DiDi giggled as she felt powder all over herself and the little baby underwear being put on. All 5 boys sighed in relief. "That was easy than I thought." Jackie said with them grinning but things went downhill when DiDi urinated and cried once more.

"Just great. Jackie you do it." Tito pointed out. "Me? Why do I have to do it?" "Because like you said, and I quote, it became my official job from then on and your the older one." Marlon said while snickering but then got scared seeing his brother shoot him a death glare. "You guys are lucky today is a nice day because if it wasn't, I would kill all of you."

Chapter 8 by staciethehedghog

Chapter 8.

15 (diaper changing) minutes later, the boys were finally back downstairs watching some tv which considered to be the Ed Sullivan show. DiDi was back in her crib playing with her stuffed animals but watching the brothers sing and dance to the music made her giggle and dance too; for a 9-month old, she sure did have rhythm inside of herself. 

Michael turned around seeing her holding onto the playpen bar standing up and moving her little feet. He smiled a big smile as he went over and picked her up. He then spinned her watching her laugh and closed her eyes feeling the wind on her face. He kissed her little chubby cheek; though he was still sad about not going to Super Mega World, he had to admit that this was actually fun (especially the part with DiDi peeing in Jackie's face while he changed her again which made him fall to the floor having tears in his eyes). He laughed along with her making the rest of the guys to check it out watching their little brother having a good time already. Grumbling could be heard from their stomachs; remembering that Miss Walton had made sandwiches for lunch, they all went over to the kitchen to get them.

     Jackie opened the fridge finding their lunch that was stacked neatly on the shelf. Getting out their sandwiches and juice boxes, he set them on the table where the boys were as they each got their favorite.


Jackie's sandwich: Tuna on whole wheat bread.

Tito's sandwich: Egg salad.

Jermaine's sandwich: A double peanut-butter and jelly.

Marlon's sandwich: Meatball Marinara.

Michael's sandwich: Ham and cheese with the crust cut off.

While eating in silence, the doorbell rang. Michael, who got up first, answered it only to reveal their new friends April, Rachel, and Tiffany who all waved politely. "Hey girls what are you doing here? shouldn't you all be at Super Mega World?" He asked them as the 9 year old brunette pony-tail wearing girl shook her head with sympathy in her light chocolate brown eyes. "No, we decided to see you guys instead; besides, it wouldn't be much fun without you all." April said sincerely seeing Michael smile. "Really? But you didn't have to cancel." "We didn't cancel because we had to we did it because we wanted to; I had called your home but Annie told me that you all were here babysitting so Joshua gave us a ride and dropped us off; he and the guys are over at the studio for their recording session." April finished explaining as Mike nodded stepping aside letting them in.

The 4 guys smiled seeing their young lady friends entering the kitchen giving them hugs and kisses on the cheek. "Hey girls it's good seeing you all here shouldn't you all be at the Theme Park right about now?" Marlon asked as they shook their heads with April explaining everything like what she did to Michael and sure enough, they stayed with the others with crying filling inside their ears. "Looks like somebody is hungry." Jermaine said seeing Tito nod getting DiDi out of her playpen and her formula from the fridge; he then read the instructions.

"Okay, heat up for 15 minutes then test it on the skin to make sure it's not too hot or cold." He finished reading placing the bottle in the microwave but before he could turn it on, April stopped him. "No you can't put a plastic bottle in there Tito it will melt; you have to put the milk in a glass measuring cup glass is strong and can take much heat than anything else." Getting out the cup, she gently poured the carnation good start in it and set the time. Tito looked at her impressed followed by Michael.

"How on Earth did you know?" Tito asked her who scratched behind her head. "We learned about science in 2nd Grade back at my old school in St.Louis and I also helped Mum with Lily after she was born." "Well after seeing you, you are a natural." Michael said and winked seeing her blush a light shade of pink.

Chapter 9 by staciethehedghog

The Microwave finally beeped off; Tito took out the milk, poured it into the bottle and tested the temperature and sure enough, it was just right.

Handing DiDi to Michael, he then got the bottle and started to feed her. Sucking was heard in the process as she just laid in his arms drinking away; everyone awwed.. at the cute little moment as Michael nuzzled her little cheek. "You guys are so cute." Rachel cooed followed by Tiffany who just smiled. Looking at the baby, it reminded him of Janet when she was just born; he remembered that in the afternoons, he just couldn't wait to get home so he could take care of her. And when Katherine had to make a quick outing, he was always there to protect her and keep her out of harm's way possible. Tears slowly formed in his eyes reliving those memories; April gently laid her hand on his shoulder as he gazed up at her with shining brown eyes grinning and blushing.

It was now play-time; shortly after cleaning up their lunch plates, the kids went outside taking in the beauty of the atmosphere and pure sunshine. DiDi squirmed in Michael's arms pointing to a near-by swing set that Miss Walton had bought in case other babies and toddlers came to play while the black woman would talk with their parents. "You wanna swing?" Mike asked her who nodded and clapped her hands; smiling, he went over gently placing her in it and buckling the strap around her tiny waist.

"Okay, you better hold on." She nodded and giggled couldn't wait to get started right away; he made a gentle push hearing baby sounds from her mouth as he grinned while laughing; soon, April joined in going to Michael's side pushing too; they smiled and blushed at each-other.

Chapter 10 by staciethehedghog

Chapter 12.

Meanwhile at the Luncheon, Eliza was picking her stuffed mushrooms while her friends were talking about the food, shopping, and other things they were interested in. Delilah, her first friend, looked at Eliza with concern. "Eliza, honey, what's the matter?" She asked in her thick Texas accent. The black woman looked at her friend then back at the appetizers and sighed.

"Oh nothing there Delilah I was just thinking is all." "Well honey, do you want to tell me all about what you're thinking of?" She asked very sweetly. "I think I have been a little selfish today; Katherine's sons are at my house taking care of my niece when they should be having other plans of their own like going with their friends to the new amusement park that Katie had mentioned about to me over the phone from late last night. I should have never had interfered."

Delilah gazed down at her spring green dress smoothing it out then held Eliza's chin making her look directly into her eyes.

"Now Lizzy, I know how worried you must be but don't let it get to you; if my predictions are correct, they must be having fun with the little darling; why don't you give them a call and find out?" Eliza made a small smile and nodded going into the large mansion asking one of the butlers if she could use the telephone, nodding and pointing to it, she thanked him and went off dialing the number for her house.

The delicious and intoxicating smell of home-made brownies inflamed everyone's noses. Michael, who had been finger-painting with the baby, got up from the chair standing over April's shoulder as she gently placed them on the cooling rack; he stretched out his arm only to get a light slap and giggle. "Aw please April, can't I just have one brownie please?" He asked her in his most cute toddler voice yet giving her his big brown puppy eyes as she covered her mouth trying hard not to laugh. "You just have to wait until they are cool; no ifs ands or buts about it Mister." "Aw, you're no fun at all." Both kids laughed as they heard the phone ring.

"Hello? Oh hi Miss Walton, how is the Luncheon? That's good glad to hear that. DiDi's fine we were just doing some finger-painting and April and her friends are over here helping; April even made brownies for a snack; yes she can cook and bake she is very talented." April blushed pretending that she didn't hear as she put the treats on the window sill to cool. Just then, a little cardinal flew in taking in the scent as it pecked wanting to taste: DiDi witnessed the bird hearing it tweet. Seeing that Michael was still on the phone, she unfastened her seat-belt of her high chair and slowly slid down seeing that the back door was slightly open (It looked like Jermaine forgot to close and bolt it when they had got in from having fun). She started to crawl off.

"Okay, Miss Walton we'll see you when you get back okay then bye. Okay DiDi, time to- DiDi? DiDi? Where are you?" Michael searched high and low but the baby was nowhere to be found; going into the living room where the guys and girls were, he told them that DiDi had gone missing. "Now let's not panic she shouldn't have gotten far." Jackie assured them. "But how in the world could a baby like her go out on her own?" Tiffany asked. The kids scratched their heads and chins seeing the back-door open, they sprang into action.

     The minute the kids got outside, Jackie told them that it would be a lot easier to split up that way, one of them would spot her; nodding, they all went their separate ways.


"Okay, if I were DiDi, where would I go?" Michael thought to himself trying to stay positive. Just then, he heard little noises and tweeting not too far; he smiled real big knowing that was the baby; looking through the tree, his eyes bulged out seeing that she was heading towards the road; hearing the rumbling of a car about to come, he yelled out to the rest getting their attention. They all ran up asking him what was the matter only to witness the scene having their eyes bulge out also and gasping.

"What are we going to do?" April asked seeing Tito furrow his eyebrows. "I'll handle this, be right back" "Oh Tito please be careful." Tiffany begged as he nodded. "Don't worry I'll be fine. Now here I go!" And he ran off leaving the others crossing their fingers and praying that he and the baby would make it.

DiDi sat on the gray street seeing the bird picking all over in search for worms as she clapped her hands. Soon, a car, which was a white convertible, was coming its way real fast. The bird flew off in an instant leaving the girl confused and clueless seeing the automobile, her little eyes turned big and wide; she started to scream real loudly; the next thing she knew, long arms scooped her up and Tito ran back seeing the car driving off without a care. Breathing a sigh of relief, he went back getting cheers, praises, and hugs as Rachel held DiDi in her arms cradling her and kissing her cheek.

"I gotta hand it to you Tito you're the man!" Tiffany said giving him a pat on the back as he blushed. "Hey it's nothing really I was 2nd place in Track and field back in Middle School when we were in Gary." As they walked back to the house, April asked them who left the door slightly opened? Jermaine looked down at his feet twiddling his fingers, he raised his hands indicating that he did since he was the last person to come inside. The others gave him death glares. "Okay little Miss Explorer, back inside and no more outdoors for the rest of the day." Michael told her in a soft but firm tone who quickly nodded.

Chapter 11 by staciethehedghog

 

     Time: 5:00 pm.


Later that evening, Jackie and Tito were in the bathroom busy giving DiDi her bath. "Okay DiDi, ready for the rinse cycle?" Jackie playfully asked her who nodded holding out her hands; feeling the warm water on her head and all over, she splashed the two brothers back both completely wet. Getting a pink towel filled with red hearts and flowers, Jackie carefully lifted her out of the tub going into the bedroom drying her off and lightly putting powder on her who also made a little sneeze. The two older brothers smiled at each-other as Tito applied some sweet smelling lotion on her.

"You look so adorable; one day you are going to be one pretty mama for sure." Tito said with his eyes twinkling now putting on a clean diaper (this time with no trouble at all).

Marlon looked into the oven smelling the aroma of hot buttered biscuits and asking April if they were done yet; the brunette cutie, who had finished spooning out some homemade and delectable beef stew, went over to check only to nod and smile. Getting the oven mitts, she carefully took them out without burning herself setting them on the now cool stove top. Michael, Jermaine, and the two girls were setting up the table since they were going to be having dinner quite soon. "Okay April everything's ready." Mike announced. "Thanks guys now, let's wait for the others to come and we can all sit down." The kids nodded waiting patiently; soon, the boy siblings plus the now pink pajama wearing baby were seen heading into the kitchen smelling the wonderful smells of dinner ready and waiting to be eaten right away. After saying grace, they chowed down filling their stomachs with stew and 2 servings of biscuits as possible even little DiDi was helping herself to her baby food which was mashed carrots and potatoes.

"April, you outdid yourself." Jermaine said after swallowing his chunk of beef seeing her blush. "Thanks Jermaine glad you are liking it." She replied twirling a lock of hair with her finger when ever she got nervous, bashful, and embarrassed.

     The water from the kitchen sink was heard as the children, now full, were cleaning up. "Wow, what a day this has been." Rachel said drying off a plate after April had washed it and gave it to Tiffany to put away. "I'll say this might have not been like Super Mega World but it sure was fun." Michael nodded and smiled while sweeping up with help from Marlon who was picking up the dust. Soon, the phone rang again revealing to be Miss Walton telling them that she would be home in a little bit.


Getting the message, the kids hurried up and finished what they were doing making sure that the entire place was spick and span. Turning off the light, they went into the den seeing the brothers giving DiDi her milk and singing soft and sweet lullabies who slowly closed her eyes. Jermaine gently took the nipple of the bottle out of her tiny mouth patting her on her back shortly after receiving a burp and snuggling on his shoulder.

"Okay that does it let's put her to bed." Jackie announced quietly slowly taking her out of his brother's hold and left to put her into the playpen. The children breathed a long sigh plopping down on the carpeted floor and couch. "Man, I've never felt this tired in my life." Tito uttered out changing the channels on the tv. "You can say that again bro but... It was fun don't you think?" Jermaine asked with all of them nodding and grinning.

Chapter 12 by staciethehedghog

 

     The movement of the doorknob caught the kids attention. Soon, it had opened revealing to be Miss Walton with a huge smile on her face.


"Good Evening there children so, how did it go?" She asked them. Michael smiled telling her all the fun and enjoyment that they had; but didn't mention anything about the baby wandering off (which they will keep between themselves). Looking at the three girls, the black Afro wearing woman smiled and extended her hand to them who each shook it and introduce themselves very politely. "I take it that you all are friends of the boys huh?" April nodded. "Yes mam we knew each-other for three months and connected instantly." "Wow, that sounds incredible I'm happy to hear that; well, I just want to say thank you all for watching DiDi while I was gone that really means a lot and I am terribly sorry to have cancelled your plans for today."

They all shook their heads. "It was no trouble at all Miss Walton we didn't mind." Jackie replied with her nodding. "You children deserve a reward; I got you all Season passes for the new Amusement park; they are free for the entire summer; one of my friend's took her niece there earlier from this morning before she went to the Luncheon and got extras." Everyone stared wide eyed as they each got their own and jumped for joy. "Awesome! For once, this isn't a dream, it's real!" Marlon exclaimed bouncing up and down like a little school girl. "You can say that again." Jermaine said. Eliza laughed watching the youngsters in their dancing their own little dance as she clapped.

The next weekend had finally arrived. The kids had all gotten up extra early to go to Super Mega World though the opening of it was last week, they were still excited about being able to go after all. "Okay DiDi, what do you want to ride on first?" Michael asked as she pointed to a little kiddie ride. The others smiled for once, letting another new little friend to join them on their day out.


The End.

End Notes:

Well, this is the end of 5 Brothers and a Baby I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. There will be another story coming out real soon take care and God Bless your wonderful souls

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=7528