Since You've Been Gone by mikestongue
Summary:

If only I knew how much could change in fourteen years. A face, a situation, or a person entirely... Returning is only the beginning of recovery. But could everything that changed in fourteen years shift once more with a simple knock at the door?


Categories: Dangerous: 1991-1993, Lisa Marie Presley: 1994, Hurt/Comfort, Romance Characters: Lisa Marie Presley, Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: Alcohol Abuse, Drug Abuse, Emotional Abuse
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 7787 Read: 5860 Published: Mar 05, 2015 Updated: Mar 08, 2015

1. Chapter 1 by mikestongue

2. Chapter 2 by mikestongue

3. Chapter 3 by mikestongue

4. Chapter 4 by mikestongue

Chapter 1 by mikestongue
Evangeline's POV:

I stood at the doorstep of the famous Hayvenhurst mansion anxiously, taking slow deep breaths to calm my eager nerves. It had been so long since I was last here, awaiting at the brown, knitted doormat that said "Welcome" in fancy cursive letters.  I glanced around the glorious front yard, equipped with two water fountains, one last time before raising my shaking fist to pound on the polished wooden double doors. 

As I knocked, my nerves began to get a little too excited again, causing me to stop abruptly.  I couldn't handle my anxiety much longer and knew I wouldn't be able to gather the courage to knock on those doors again. That's why I was praying that someone, anyone inside had heard me knocking and was just taking a while to reach the door. 
"Glenda is that you?" A gentle, females voice suddenly called through the door.  Katherine, there was no mistaking that soft, warm voice.   "N-no!" I hollered back, doing my best not to stammer. 
"Lisa then?"
"No," I managed to holler back that time without stammering, beginning to wonder who Lisa and Glenda were and why she was expecting them. 
"Oh, well then hold on!" She called one last time before I heard footsteps approaching.
I looked down at the old doormat again in hopes to calm myself. As I stared, I felt a smile tickle my lips remembering the time Michael and I had gotten this very same mat soaked with water from our water balloon fight and how Katherine almost had a heart attack when she thought we had ruined it. For some strange reason, I still didn't have an answer for the love she possessed for it. After all it was just a doormat. But she treated it like her own child, which is why it had managed to survive so many years. 
"Hello?" Katherine's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
My head immediately snapped up from the mat and I forced a nervous smile at the sight of her. She hadn't changed at all, except for the wrinkles that were now etched into her face from aging. Still though, she looked exactly as I remembered. Short, wavy dark brown hair, deep brown eyes, her lips tinted red from her lipstick, and as always a nice blue pantsuit. 
"Evangeline Lilly is that you?" She trailed off as her eyes grew in disbelief.
I couldn't get any words out due to my excitement so I just nodded at a rapid speed. Before I could even finish though, she pulled me into her arms tightly, holding me against her warm body.
"I can't believe it! It really is you!" She smiled. "It's been too long! Come in, please! There's so much to catch up on!"
I smiled back as she took my hand and led me through the somewhat familiar halls of the mansion that were all tan, brown, and beige covered with art and family photos, until we reached the kitchen. 
"Sit, dear, I'll make us some tea. I'm sure you've had a long trip."
"I did, thank you," I finally found my voice... But it came out much softer than I intended.
As I waited for Katherine to finish brewing the tea I glanced around the kitchen, this room had actually changed. There were no longer wooden beams crossing the popcorn ceiling or old fashioned floral wallpapers behind the countertops. The appliances had also all been updated to stainless steel, that glistened in the sunlight streaming in through the windows that dotted the walls. 
"Honey, dear?" She asked from behind the brown granite countertop. 
"Yes please," I nodded playing with my pale fingers beneath the table.
When I finally came to the realization that her asking me if I wanted honey in it meant she was nearly done, my legs began bouncing uncontrollably. I didn't know what to say to her, or if she was mad at me for practically abandoning Michael out of nowhere one day. Of course she knew I had done it to see my father but it was still really unexpected and out of nowhere. I was just hoping that she wouldn't get upset with me... I knew Michael was her golden child, even though she refused to admit it. When you hurt a mother's golden child, like I had, you'll be faced with a horrible rage the rest of your life.
"Here you go hun," Katherine beamed setting the steaming, white mug down in front of me. 
"Thank you Mrs. Jack-"
"Mrs. Jackson?" She laughed. "Evangeline, sweetheart, it's me. You're acting like we've never met before. You know you can call me Katherine, you have been since you were six years old."
"I know but we just haven't spoken in fourteen years, I wasn't sure how to act. I'm sorry if I came off as rude, I'm just nervous," I whispered taking a sip of tea.
"There's no need to be nervous," she smiled. "I'm actually happy you showed up. I've been thinking about you ever since you left, and I know Michael's been worried sick about you. He'll be overjoyed to see you."
"I hope so, I feel bad about how I left him."
"You did what you had to do honey, your father was dying. Yes, he was very upset but he understood as well."
"Yeah, I thought he would," I smiled softly. 
"So, how have you been? And your father?"
"Well, Dad died about a year after I got back to Italy. I would've came back sooner but I had no money since I spent all of it on the flight there. It was hard to find a job, I actually worked three. But obviously it finally worked out and I had enough to fly back here... I plan on staying this time too," I grinned.
"Awe honey, I'm so sorry to hear that," she frowned, taking my hand from across the table. "I wish I was there for you."
"It's okay, it wasn't your burden to bear," I smiled. "Anyways, enough about me. How have you been?"
"Enough about you? We barely talked about you," she laughed.
"I know, but I don't have anything that interesting to share," I chuckled. "Plus I want to know what you've been up to."
"Oh please, I know you don't want to hear about me. I'm old, my life isn't exciting."
I giggled at her and nodded. "Alright fine you caught me. I wanted to know about Michael."
"I figured you did," she smiled. 
I just blushed and nodded taking another long sip of tea. 
As she recounted pretty much everything I had missed out on with Michael's life and what he'd been up too, I gradually let more of the thick tea slide down my throat to soothe my nerves. It was sweet but strong at the same time, just like my first kiss with Michael had been. The memory of that night sent me into my own little world, now blocking out Katherine's voice. 
~~~ Flashback ~~~
"Michael stop it!" I laughed loudly as he continued to sprint over the rolling, green fields of Hayvenhurst with me slung over his shoulder.
It was a beautiful summer night. The stars were all out and wide awake, twinkling like newborn angels in the dark sky. And the moon... The moon cast a perfect, luminescent white glow over the glimmering stars, bringing even more life to them. Accompanying the gorgeous sky was a gentle, breeze. It wasn't the cold breeze that was causing goosebumps to takeover my skin though... That was Michael's doing. Just feeling his arms holding me tight made the butterflies in my stomach turn into violent birds. 
"Alright fine!" He finally laughed setting me down softly, facing away from whatever surprised he had planned for my fifteenth birthday. "But you have to promise me you won't look until I tell you to open your beautiful green eyes."
I blushed and nodded, knowing he knew exactly what he was doing to me. He knew that it embarrassed me horribly whenever he complimented me, especially my eyes which always seemed to be his favorite feature that I possessed. I have to admit though, my eyes were unique. Yes, they were green which is an uncommon eye color. But even though they were already a rare color, the exact shade they were made them even rarer. They were a gentle sea foam green that appeared white in the sunlight. They were always shining though, reflecting everything I saw like Michael's own cocoa eyes.
"I promise," I finally replied in a soft voice.
"Something tells me not to trust that," he grinned mischievously.
"What do you mean?" I laughed.
"You'll see... I don't want to risk you seeing the surprise before I want you to... So," he suddenly spun me around and put his huge, warm hands over my eyes, blocking my vision.
I didn't say anything as he began walking me towards whatever he had planned. I didn't want to risk ruining the moment... The fuzzy feeling he gave me whenever his bronze skin came into contact with mine. 
I don't know how long I was off in my mind, just thinking about how his body heat warmed me to my core. But I do know that he eventually came to a sudden stop and lowered his head so his lips were very close to my ear... So close that I could smell the sweet scent of his minty fresh breath tickling my nose.
"Are you ready?" He whispered.
"Yes," I responded already feeling light headed.
He didn't say anything else after that, just carefully removed his hands from my face and froze up behind me as I took in the beautiful sight in front of me.
He had set up a beautiful circle of my favorite flowers, white roses, on the small wooden deck that looked over the city below us. Then there were candles scattered wonderfully around the flowers, giving them a fiery orange tint that made my heart melt in my chest. The deck was now so much more than just a plain wooden establishment. It now resembled a circle of love.
"M-Michael," I whispered out of breath. "What is this?"
"Come with me," he smiled softly, taking my small hand in his larger one.
I obliged happily, still stunned at the beauty of the wooden deck as he led me over to it. Then, lifted me into his lean, yet firm arms, and set me down right in the middle of the flowers and candles. 
"Evan," he began talking in a surprising soft voice, taking both of my hands in his. "You know I like you right?"
"Of course, you're my best friend," I smiled up at him, staring deep into his hypnotizing brown eyes.
"No... I mean as more than that. Lately I've been feeling some type of way about you. For a while I didn't know what it was, because I've never experienced a feeling like this before. But, I started to figure it out and then the realization came to me that I... I l-... Wow... This is harder than I thought," he trailed off with nervous laughter.
"What is it?" I prodded in an equally soft voice. "Tell me. It's me, you can tell me anything. You know that."
"I know I can, but this is a big deal," he took a deep breath. "Okay... Evan I... I-im falling in l-l-love with you."
At those words I felt my legs turning to jelly beneath me and I really thought that was it for me. That I was going to faint, embarrass myself, and ruin this perfect moment that I had been longing for for months now. So, I gripped his hands tighter to support myself and continued staring deep into his eyes as I somehow found my voice again.
"I.... I.... You too," was all I could manage to get out before a salty tear escaped my eye and slid down my cheek that I'm sure was beet red from embarrassment.
"Me too?" He smiled. "Are you sure Evan?"
"Y-yes."
"Good... I was hoping you would say that," he grinned before doing the unthinkable.
He pulled me towards his body until my chest was pressed against his, we were so close I could feel his heartbeat on my chest and I'm sure he could feel mine as well. He released my hands and moved them to my wavy red hair as if he were massaging my scalp. Then I watched intently as he shut his eyes, and began leaning down towards me. I panicked, not ever having kissed someone before, and shut mine as well, but like a maniac. Just as they closed I felt his lips press against mine firmly, and I soon melted into his body. His lips were so soft that they felt like freshly strung velvet slipping between my fingertips.
~~~ End Of Flashback ~~~ 
"- engaged."
That single word immediately freed me of my own realm and brought me back to reality. "W-what?!" I choked, spitting out my tea into a napkin.
"He's engaged dear," she smiled widely. 
"Who?"
"Michael..." She trailed off looking at me concerned. "Evangeline are you feeling okay?"
"Y-yeah," I lied. "I'm just... I wasn't... I can't believe he's engaged."
"I know!" She smiled brightly again. "Isn't it wonderful! I'm so happy he finally found a girl!"
"Yeah, me too," I forced a smile. "Can you repeat who she is again? I'm sorry, I think I just zoned out."
"Oh she's lovely! She's the daughter of-"
"Mother?" Another familiar voice interrupted her, sounding not too far away from us.
Michael.
"Mother, who are you blabbing to about our wedding now? I told you to keep it a sec-.." He trailed off the second his eyes landed on me and a tension so strong filled the room that you would need a chainsaw to cut it.
I stared back at him equally surprised. Not at the sight of him, he was still the handsome man I remembered. But the woman on his arm. 
Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of rock and roll legend Elvis Presley.





End Notes:

Thanks so much for reading (: please leave a review so I know if you're liking it or not, and for some feedback. Thanks <3

Chapter 2 by mikestongue

Michael's POV:

I stared at Evangeline in total confusion, absorbing every little detail that made her the woman I once loved. From her skin that was as white as freshly fallen snow, to her eyes that still remained sea green, and to her hair that was wavy and as vibrant as fire. 
I slowly slid my arm out of Lisa's in order to rub my eyes, afraid they were playing a trick on me. But as I pulled my trembling hands away from my face that was beginning to break out in a warm sweat, she still sat there at the table with my mother. 
I didn't know what to do, how to react. For I had come to believe something horrible had happened to her, like death, but no... Here she was suddenly appearing in front of me once again. And God did it make my heart pound like I had just ran a marathon. She hadn't aged a day, not one wrinkle or age mark had formed on her flawless skin. She still looked like the fifteen year old girl I had fallen in love with fourteen years ago. 
"Michael?" My mother's voice entered my head. "Look who it is, aren't you excited! She's back from Italy for good now!"
"I... I know who sh-she is," I stammered doing my best to calm my legs that were shaking like I was having a seizure. 
"Well, aren't you going to say hi and welcome her back?" She giggled.
"I-"
"Who is she?" Lisa interrupted me with a scowl, eyeing my old love. 
"She's just an old friend," I mumbled. "Not a big deal."
The answer seemed to satisfy my soon to be wife as she took my hand in hers tightly again. But my eyes remained on Evangeline as I watched her expression change from joyous to confused and a little hurt at my words. "Not a big deal". She once had been a huge part of my life, a huge deal! But she ruined all of that when she abandoned me out of the blue! I admit, I still missed her from time to time... Still longed to tangle my long fingers in her silky hair and murmur sweet nothings in her ear... But I did not lust after her any longer, I did not crave her touch or love. For I had Lisa, and she had easily taken over my whole heart, even the place I used to keep reserved for Evangeline, in hopes that she would one day return for me.
"Lisa, dear, I think we should give these two a minute alone to reunite and talk to each other privately," my mother spoke again.
"What? No!" She spat, but I wasn't surprised at that... She always got protective when other girls were around me. "I'm almost his wife, whatever he needs to say to her he can say in front of me."
"No... No," I shook my head, swallowing the rising bile in my throat that burned my core. "Lisa, honey, she's right. Give us some time, only a minute. It won't take long."
"Fine, but you owe me," she scoffed before stomping back into the foyer with an attitude.
I waited patiently for my mother to exit the kitchen behind my fuming fiancé before I even allowed myself to exhale again.
Words can not even begin to describe how nervous I am... I hadn't seen her or spoken to her in so long. There were so many things I had to say, so many questions for her that I needed the answers to.
"Michael," she suddenly nodded with a whisper.
I nodded back slowly, relieved she had spoken first. I knew I wouldn't have been able too, but now that I heard her voice, that still resembled the sweetest music I had ever heard,  again after so many years it seemed like my questions were all rushing towards my vocal cords like raging bulls. And they were fast approaching.
"Why did you leave me?!" I shouted before stopping myself.
"Leave you?" She narrowed those breathtaking eyes at me. "Michael I didn't leave you! My father was-"
"I don't want to hear your bullshit excuses Evangeline," I growled, narrowing my dark eyes as well. "All I know is that you abandoned me. You just up and left me out of fucking nowhere. Don't you know how bad that hurt me? Don't you know how many tears I shed, and how many sleepless nights I had because of you? I told you I loved you, I confessed my feelings to you and the next thing I know you're gone. Just vanished into thin air."
She rose from the table, forcing me to hold back a smile because of her size. She was still so short, so petite. She couldn't be any taller than 5'2". But that smile dissolved in an instant when she appeared to just materialize in front of me, her mysterious eyes staring into my soul. 
"I didn't abandon you," she whispered in a somewhat sincere tone, I still wasn't buying it though. "I told your father I was-"
"Oh, so you told my father did you?!" I snapped interrupting her. "You told the man that beat me to a pulp my whole life that you were leaving but not me?! Tell me how that makes any sense!"
"Because I couldn't tell you... It was too hard. I couldn't bring myself to say goodbye." Her voice remained silent, but it sounded like a bottomless echo in my head.
"Say goodbye for what?" I whispered. "You knew you were leaving? This was planned?"
"Yes. It was an emergency, I had to go. I had no choice."
"Where did you have to run off too?"
"Italy to see my father. Michael he was dying, he's dead now!" She raised her voice obviously growing upset.
"You're using your father as an excuse?!" I shouted. "How sick are you Evangeline?! How sick can a person be to lie about their father dying just to avoid confrontation?!"
"I'm not lying! Michael you knew this! Stop acting like you didn't!"
"Bullshit... Do me a favor Evangeline... Don't try to contact me again," I growled before spinning on my heel with my head held high and exiting the room, leaving her alone like she had done to me.
Oakley's POV:
I stood there in complete silence now, staring at the spot where Michael once stood. His words stung my heart so badly, like a bee taking steroids in order to have a stinger the size of a flu shot needle. And that bee was driving its needle into me so agonizingly slow. I was now not only confused, but hurt. He didn't know? How could he have not known? I told his father I was leaving, I told him to tell Michael I said goodbye. He had to have known! His father might not be the best man in the world but even he wouldn't leave Michael like that. He knew how much Michael loved me, and I loved him. He knew that we were already discussing spending our life together.
There was only one explanation now... He did know. Michael knew about everything but he was still angry at me for leaving and he didn't know how to control his fury. I just never dreamed he would be this mad... This upset... After fourteen years.... I would've thought he would be over it by now. 
I shook my head to clear my thoughts that were soon going to drive me insane and decided to join everyone else in the foyer. As I walked through the polished arched wooden doorway, leading to the foyer I heard soft rapping at the front door.
"Evangeline?! Dear can you get that?" I heard Katherine shout at me from the living room.
"Y-yeah, sure!" I hollered back, taking a sharp left turn to lead me to the main hallway again.
My head was running its own marathon of thoughts as I grew closer and closer to the front doors. I still couldn't come to a solid conclusion about why Michael freaked out like he did. Even the thought I had come too a few minutes ago didn't seem to be making sense anymore... How could he be so mad at me for something that happened over a decade ago? And even if that was the case, wouldn't he be happy now to see me? Two more roaring knocks interrupted my train of thought and caused me to shake my head once again. 
My hand finally clasped around the golden engraved door handle of the front door sending chills through my body. The knob was surprisingly cold. Nonetheless I yanked the door open with a nervous smile, only to be met with a woman I had never seen in my life.
She was wearing a black sundress that hugged her bodacious curves tightly, with a matching pair of dark gray heels that had to be at least five inches. Her hair was mid length and the color of fresh honey, curled in soft beach waves. As I forced myself to look at her face in order to invite her in I noticed she had eyes very similar to Michael's.  Now there was only one question... Who was she? Could she possibly be the Glenda lady Katherine had thought I was? 
"Hello," I said in a fake voice. "Are you Glenda?"
"Yup," she grinned popping the p, showing off her pearly white teeth. "Are you a new maid here?"
"Oh no... No I'm an old family friend. My name is Evangeline, it's nice to meet you. Come right in."
She just flashed a smile again and shoved right past me, heading towards the foyer without hesitation. 
I already hated this fake bimbo blonde. Who did she think she was barging in here like she owned the place? 
I sighed, running my hands through my soft hair and reluctantly followed in Glenda's footsteps. I wasn't sure if I should be following her in the first place after what happened with Michael. I mean it's not like anyone had invited me to stay longer or anything. But my curiosity got the best of me, like it always did, so I decided to go in uninvited anyways.
When I entered the room a warm, cozy feeling immediately entered my heart. This has always been my favorite room in the mansion.  It was always so warm and inviting. The walls were decorated with old fashioned floral wallpaper and dotted with more family portraits and artwork. The furniture was old fashioned as well... All an old sandy color. 
Michael was sitting on the couch, with his hand gripping Lisa's thigh tightly. She was snuggled into his arm as close to him as she could possibly be, like she was marking her territory. I had to admit, it did make a quick pain of jealously shoot through me, but I ignored it. Then, opposite of them on the other side of the coffee table sat Glenda and Katherine, both with huge smiles on their faces. 
I just stood at the doorway awkwardly playing with my fingers, observing their conversation. It was clear they were discussing Michael and Lisa's wedding, and that made me come to the realization that Glenda must be their wedding planner. 
End Notes:

What do you guys think? Does michael really know that her father was dying and she had to leave and he's just covering his hurt with anger, or did he really never know why she left? 

Please review if you've read. I would love feedback and advice. Thanks so much (: 

Chapter 3 by mikestongue
"So, now that you two have finally settled on a date, being May twenty sixth, we can actually begin getting everything delivered to Neverland. But, in order for that to happen we obviously need to decide on decorations and colors and flowers," Glenda smiled. "Any ideas?"
"Yes, I already decided on tiger lilies for the flowers," Lisa immediately spoke.
You already decided on tiger lilies, I thought mocking her in my head. This was Michael's wedding too! Ugh... Bitch. 
The second my inner voice said that I shook my head again. I didn't even know Lisa and only had a brief introduction to Glenda, I couldn't be labeling them already. What's with all of these moods? I must be getting my period early this month. 
"Oh those are beautiful!" Katherine gasped. "I can see it already! But this means one of your colors is going to be pink right?"
"No, actually I was thinking we do more of a reddish color. Maybe like a hot p-"
"Yes, there will be pink. Pink and black," Lisa interrupted him. 
Again, my head was calling her a bitch... Repeating itself like a siren getting louder each time. I had only heard her speak twice but I already wanted to slap that cocky smirk off of her face. Was she forgetting this was Michael's special day too? That he was the groom and deserves a say in how the day went and what was going to be there?
"Great!" Glenda beamed, totally dismissing the miffed look on Michael's face. "Have you chosen your brides maid dresses yet?"
"No, but now that I know the colors I can," she grinned. 
"How many dresses will you need?" She asked.
"Four" she shrugged. "I'm having my mother, Janet, LaToya, and Rebbie." 
"Sounds good. Now I can finally start searching for dresses for you and doing my job," she laughed.
"Wait, hold on," Michael sighed distressed. "Lisa, I don't really want pink in our wedding. We can still do the flowers but I don't like pink."
That's right Michael... Stand up for yourself.
"You never told me that," she scoffed. "Evangeline, what do you think?"
The conversation I was having in my head came to a halt when I heard my name being said. I glanced up from the floor and released my hands from each other, clearing my throat.
"What was that? I'm sorry, I wasn't really listening."
"Don't you think there should be pink in the wedding?" She smiled, with a gleam in her eye telling me I better say yes. "You're a girl, pink is a girly color. Tell Michael that."
"Oh... Um this isn't really my place," I whispered shrugging. "I mean it's not my wedding... Besides I barely know you so I don't think it would be fair."
"She's using that as an excuse," Katherine chuckled. "She's a tomboy, always has been. She hates pink, that was her way of nicely disagreeing." 
"Then what colors do you suggest?" She rolled her eyes at me, making me clench my jaw.
Who the hell did she think she was talking to me in that tone? We hadn't even really met each other yet and she was already treating me like her slave! 
"Green," I sighed, deciding I better not start a fight with her already... Especially since Michael and I were already on our tiptoes with each other. "I like green. But again it's not my wedding."

Michael's POV: 

I listened intently as Lisa and Evangeline argued back and forth over the colors for my wedding. I had to admit, even though I was pissed at Evangeline and wanted her out of Hayvenhurst I agreed with her. I would much rather have green at my wedding than pink. Pink just wasn't my color. But I realized that Lisa wasn't going to budge on that color so easily, I would have to convince her myself and that would surely take time. But hey... Better to start now right?
"Lisa, baby," I interrupted them squeezing her thigh tighter. "Can we discuss something in private?"
"Now?" She sighed finally turning to face me.
The second she did my face lit up, the life and energy returned to it. Her beautiful gray orbs that she possessed for eyes were all I needed to brighten my day... No matter what was going on, or how stressed I was. To me, they resembled fogged up diamonds and it was my goal to polish them once again. I knew Lisa hadn't had the best life either, or childhood for that matter. Because of that I felt we had an automatic connection with each other. A bond that ran deeper than just plain old love. 
"Yes honey, now," I smiled. "It won't take long, I promise. Just come with me."
She sighed in defeat, and that made my smile grow even more to the point where I felt my cheeks were slowly tearing in half. I knew she couldn't resist my eyes either... Another connection we shared. 
"Okay... But make it quick please. I'm really excited to be planning our wedding."
"I will," I grinned, leaving gentle kiss on her cheek that is resembled a whisper... A whisper of a kiss.
I moved my hand from her beautifully sculpted thighs to her hand that fit perfectly with mine. They were like the two last puzzle pieces that had finally found each other and would complete the rest of the puzzle that was our worlds. Our life together, bonded by the grace of God and love stronger than any other emotion I had ever encountered.
I excused myself from the foyer briefly before tugging Lisa out into the main hall behind me. Just the feeling of her soft hand in mine made my heart soar. 
I stopped walking when we got far enough away from everyone else so that they wouldn't hear anything... Just in case a small argument started between us. I knew Lisa was a stubborn woman, and once she had her mind set on something it was near impossible to alter that thought. But that was just another thing I cherished about her. 
"What is it cutie?" She giggled as I stared down at her with a goofy smile on my face and backed her up against a tan wall.
I pinned my hands on either side of her head, trapping her so she couldn't escape, then bent down as if I were doing pushups and planted three sloppy kisses on her lips. One on the left corner of them, one on the right, then one right in the middle. 
"I want to talk to you about something," I smiled innocently. 
"And what is that?" She grinned, moving her hands to the collar of my forest green button down shirt and gripping it tightly between her warm hands.
"The colors for our wedding. I'm totally okay with the black, I was actually thinking that. But baby... I just feel like pink isn't a color for me. For us. It has no significance in our lives. No meaning. That's why I was thinking we do maroon."
"Maroon? Michael, you're only suggesting that because your favorite color is red," she frowned.
"No. That's not true. Yes, I love red but that's not why I'm discussing it with you. I was thinking we use maroon because... Well.. My love, do you remember when we were just friends and you convinced me to stay at that resort with you in Florida for a weekend?" I beamed, remembering that magical time. The time she freed me from Evangeline's chains of love that were still holding me down. Of course I would never tell her that though. 
"Of course, how could I forget?" She smiled back.
"The bedspread, the flowers, the candles, the wallpaper, your dress... They were all maroon. Since that night, when we made the most passionate love in the world, maroon has always held a special meaning in my soul."
She blushed, remembering that first night we shared together. The night our bodies, emotions, and minds finally formed and became one. The night I discovered the meaning of true love.
"Yes," she smiled softly. "Fine... Okay. Because it actually holds meaning to us we can go with maroon."
"Really?" I beamed.
That was much easier than I thought it would be! I was expecting us to fight like cats and dogs! 
"Yes, really. You know I love you Michael, and I know it's your special day as well. I want you to be happy with everything that happens that day."
"Thank you so much baby girl," I smiled smashing my lips against hers.
She smiled against my bold lips and managed to slip her moist tongue into my mouth. I let out a low moan as the kiss soon grew deeper and more intense, and sloshing noises from our spit colliding filled the hall.
"Mmm baby," I whimpered finally pulling myself away from those enchanting lips of hers. "We have to get back to Glenda and my mother... Tell them we switched out the pink."
"What about Evangeline?" She asked, realizing I hadn't mentioned her.
"Forget about her..." I mumbled suddenly becoming sour. "She holds no value to me and doesn't deserve being acknowledged. Let's go angel."
She just laughed softly and wiggled out from under my arms, walking down the hallway in front of me. I licked my lips behind her as she rocked those bodacious hips from side to side and I knew she was doing it on purpose. She knew I was an ass man. She knew damn well what she was doing to me. And I knew damn well what I would do to her tonight. ~~~ When we returned in the living room again Evangeline was sitting on the sofa where Lisa and I had been sitting. I clenched my teeth and did my best to keep my cool as I eyed her. Who the hell did she think she was parading into my mother's beloved manor like she owned the place?! Like we were still young adolescents in love?! 
"So you're Michael's old friend then?" I heard Glenda speak.
"Yes," Evangeline whispered. "We used to be best friends."
"Oh please, don't lie Evangeline. You two were much more than that. We all saw it and knew even though you never actually told us," my mother cut in. Then she turned her head towards me with a smile. "Isn't that right Michael? You two used to be young lovers?"
"I would prefer to not talk about that with my wife in the room," I mumbled, immediately wrapping my arm around her shoulders and yanking her into my body. That's right... I was already introducing her as my wife. 
"Wait what?" Lisa asked confused. "Lovers? You two used to be a couple?"
"No. Well sort of... It was complicated. See Mother, this is exactly why I don't tell you things. You just can't keep your mouth shut," I sighed.
My mother just shrugged innocently and smiled before switching the conversation back to the wedding. Lisa and I still didn't have our seats back... But I would get them.  In fact I didn't even have to use words to make Evangeline move. I just narrowed my eyes at her, forced them to darken to a charcoal black, and clenched my jaw. It was a look I only gave people when I meant business or was beyond the point of mad. It was a look of pure revulsion. 
The second she glanced over and made eye contact with me though, she rose from the couch and plopped down in a single, old chair. I couldn't help but smile at that, especially as I watched her throat contract meaning she was swallowing nervously. 
"Come on baby," I smiled at Lisa, as I dropped down on to the couch.
She returned my smile and went to sit next to me but I quickly grabbed her slim yet curvy waist pulling her on to my lap. I needed to make it very clear to Evangeline that whatever little thing we used to have was over, and it was all her fault. I needed to make it clear that I had moved on, and was more than ready to start a new chapter of my life with my one and only true love. Lisa.
End Notes:

Thanks for 102 reads and 7 reviews with only 2 chapters! I know to most people that doesn't seem like a lot but to me it is and I really appreciate it (: so please keep reading and reviewing!

Also, for those of you that had said you loved the flashback in the first chapter, the beginning of the next chapter will be a flashback as well so stay tuned (;

Chapter 4 by mikestongue

~~~ Flashback ~~~

"Michael, I'm scared," she panted softly, pulling away from my lips that were moist with a mixture of our saliva.
"There's no reason to be afraid Evan," I whispered, clutching her dauntless hips tighter in my chocolate colored hands. "I won't hurt you, I will never hurt you."
She remained silent and stared aimlessly at my bare chest, as if it were a confusing movie. Her silence was slowly filling the room like running water, causing me to feel like I was drowning. 
I wanted her so badly, I wanted to take her as mine after all of these months longing for it. But now it was clear that she wasn't ready, she was afraid, and beyond anything else she was nervous. I couldn't blame her though, she was still only fifteen, I was currently nineteen. I had already fooled around with girls before but she hadn't experienced anything like this in her life. 
But I knew that no matter how horribly My body ached for her, that I couldn't and wouldn't act on it until she was totally ready. I didn't want to pressure her, but I did want her to know that I wasn't going to hurt her when the time came. 
"Evan," I whispered again, making her slowly return her focus back to my face. "Do you really want this?"
"Y-yes," she nodded. "I always have."
"But you're scared?"
She nodded again, sending her blazing orange hair all over her face, framing it like a piece of art. I began to feel a smile tickle my lips as I took in her beauty, she was unlike any girl I had ever encountered before. She was different, she was stunning, and most importantly she was mine. All mine. 
She laid below me on my wine colored bed, in only her gray lace bra and panties thanks to our heavy make out session. But God I wished I could just stare at her and admire her perfectly sculpted body for days. She was petite, always had been, and on the skinny side but not a pile bones. Her breasts were a C cup, they weren't huge but they were the perfect size for my hands, just so I could juggle them. And her ass... Good lord it gave me an instant erection every time I just so much as glanced at it. It was glorious. Everybody knows I'm an ass man, and her ass was enough to drive me up a wall.
"You don't need to be, you know that I love you. I'll go slow, I won't ever hurt you," I kissed her neck ever so gently, leaving her skin warm and covered in goosebumps. 
"I know you won't hurt me," she whispered staring deep into my eyes that I'm sure were filled with lust and desire. "I'm just anxious, I haven't gone this far with a man before."
"Just relax," I soothed her softly. "You're okay Evan. You're always okay when you're with me."
A small smile became etched in her lips at my words which made a smile creep up on my face as well. All I wanted was for her to be happy and feel safe with me, and every time she smiled it made my day. 
"I love you," she grinned running her tiny hands up my toned back. 
"I love you more Evangeline," I spoke gently before bending down and claiming her lips in mine once again. 
~~~ End of Flashback ~~~
Thanks to my mother opening her mouth while we were planning my wedding, and saying that Evangeline and I had been young lovers, on the car ride back to Neverland the only thing my mind could focus on was that moment that happened so long ago. The moment I had came so close to giving myself to Evangeline fully, the moment I almost took her virginity. I could honestly say I was happy that I hadn't though, I was now happy that she was so nervous, because if she hasn't been I know we would've made love. And now that I've found my real love, I wouldn't want to make love to anyone but her. 
~~~
"Michael, who is that girl? I mean I know her name but who is she really? Was she your girlfriend in the past? Just a friend?" Lisa rambled on, as she let her short hair down from its tight bun that had sat on top of her head all day.
"It's complicated babe," I sighed, leaning back against the dark wooden headboard of our bungalow styled kind sized bed and shut my eyes to try to relax. "And long, very long. I just don't feel like talking about it or anything that has to do with her right now."
"Why?" She frowned at me in the mirror that sat on top of her carmel colored dresser as she removed her foundation with a warm cloth. "Did she hurt you? Is that why you hate her so much?"
As she was speaking to me in that angelic tone that I so loved, I lost my train of thought. And somehow, even her exquisite voice seemed to lose the tunnel to my eardrums. As her voice drained out of my head my eyes began to open, just enough so I could see her ravishing face staring back at me in the mirror... Those perfectly shaped red lips rambling on about Evangeline. God, every time I got a good look at her like this I became numb inside. I was so overtaken by her beauty that I seemed to leave reality and lose all of my senses. I loved the way her tan skin complimented her chestnut colored hair, and the way her blonde highlights that were scattered here and there really brought out the white flecks in her gray eyes. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, every time I looked at her my heart tingled because I felt so blessed to be marrying this angelic delicacy. 
"Michael?" She said in a louder voice, making me shake my head and shut my eyes again so I wouldn't become distracted for a second time. "Were you listening to me?"
"No, sorry... I got a little distracted by you," I flashed her a small smile. 
"By me?" I heard her giggle.
That damn giggle was so adorable my stomach began churning and once again I thanked God for blessing me with such a perfect woman. My perfect woman.
"Yes. You're beautiful Lisa, so beautiful. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that."
Her cheeks turned a lovely shade of Crimson red as she blushed and I allowed my eyes to flutter open again. 
"Stop it," she smiled. "You know I get embarrassed when you say that."
"It's only the truth my love," I whispered.
She just blushed again as she finished removing her makeup then walked over to the bed and sat down in a tense manner on her side of the satin sheets.
"Are you crazy girl?" I rose my eyebrow at her. "Get over here."
She released the cute ass giggle again making my stomach churn more violently than the last time. Then, she crawled across the bedspread towards me and I opened my arms to welcome her into my chest as I always did at night. 
When she finally got situated my arms encased her, holding her like glue to my body. And my fingers traced the delicate silk of her black nightgown that really hugged her curves. 
"So," she spoke again, nuzzling into my neck. "Tell me about her."
"Who?"
"Evangeline."
I let out a long, dragged out sigh and squeezed her body tighter. She was the last thing I wanted to talk about right now. All I wanted to do was hold my beautiful fiancé and relax until, hopefully, sleep would take over my body and mind. 
"Angel, I told you I really don't want to bring her up right now."
"Well then can you just explain to me why you hate her so much? I've never seen you be so cold to anyone before, not even paparazzi."
"It's just... Too long to talk about right now. Really baby girl, just sleep," I whispered placing a gentle kiss on her warm forehead.
"Mikey," she whined. "Please tell me, just a little bit of it?"
"No."
"Please baby," she whined again, suckling on my neck ever so gently.
I let out a low, almost inaudible moan and sighed again nodding my head hesitantly. I hadn't talked about this to anyone before, I hadn't opened up about what really happened. But I could trust Lisa, I knew that. She was my wife, well not yet but she would be soon enough. It was April 4th now and the wedding was on May 26th. It was time I fully open up to my wife.
End Notes:

Sorry that this chapter is short and pretty boring, I apologize. But the next chapter will pretty much all be a huge flashback and I promise it will be much longer (: stay tuned for that 

Also, do you think Michael is lying about being happy that he and Evangeline never actually did the deed? Do you think he actually regrets not taking her virginity when he had the chance? 

Thanks for reading as always guys, please leave me feedback <3

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6774