Like a Stranger in Moscow by MJFan232
Summary:

AU. What happens when the King of Pop walks into the life of Miley Cyrus? You never know.


Categories: Invincible: 2000-2003, Hurt/Comfort Characters: Michael
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Michael and Miley
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 589 Read: 543 Published: May 12, 2013 Updated: May 12, 2013
Story Notes:

What happens when Miley has a bad day at school because of a bully?

1. An Encounter and Comfort by MJFan232

An Encounter and Comfort by MJFan232
Author's Notes:

This is just a oneshot here, of course.

Sixteen-year-old Miley Cyrus, wearing a purple nightshirt, was sitting at her window, looking up at the stars, her shoulder-length brown locks flowing in the wind and a sad expression etched on her pretty features.

The reason she felt sad was because she had had a bad day at school – and it had started when she had gone to her locker after her fifth and last period class…

Flashback

Bang!

Miley whipped her head around as a hand loudly hit the locker next to her. She looked up.

Jackie Mitchelson. With green eyes, black hair and white skin, and dressed in a white shirt, black pants, and a blue coat, he was one of her tormentors, who made her life a living burning pit of fire at North Jackson High School. The reason why he felt he had the right to pick on Miley was simply because her parents had money, and in his eyes she was nothing more than a stuck-up rich snob.

“Think you’re pretty funny, don’t you, Miley, you freak?” he hissed.

But before Miley could answer, a voice called back, “Actually, Jackie, it’s you who has the sense of humor – just like my brother Jackie. Right, Jackie, my man?”

Another voice answered – a very familiar one at that.

“You got it, Mike.”

The bully’s eyes widened. No way! It couldn’t be… Could it?

Then he turned to Miley, his eyes narrowed again.

“I’ll deal with you later,” he snapped. Then he reached up and yanked her ponytail and said, with a smirk, “Traitor.”

He then headed down the hallway…


End of flashback

Miley sighed sadly. For her, being a live “traitor” was much better than being dead and a victim of bullying to boot.

But then she remembered Jackie’s words. Would he get her back, as he threatened he would?

Miley was tired of it. The bullying. The boys trying their best to trip her up in the hallways. The teasing and name-calling.

She bit her lower lip. What was she going to do?

“Hey there, Miley.”

She turned to the doorway, and blinked in surprise.

There he was… Michael Jackson.

Miley smiled tearfully. It was nice to finally see a face that was not friendly in a fake kind of way, but in a genuine kind of way.

“Hey, Michael,” she replied.

Michael noticed she looked sad. So he went up and sat down next to her.

“Miley, what’s wrong?”

She waited for a bit, getting her thoughts together, and then finally looked Michael straight in the eye.

“I have a confession to make, Michael.”

She paused and took a deep breath. Michael patiently waited for her to go on.

“I’m being bullied at school by this guy – Jackie Mitchelson. Today, he called me a freak and a traitor. I can’t understand why he likes to pick on me, though.”

“I can,” said Michael as she looked at him. “I believe it’s because your family has a lot of money, and you’re really rich. Yet there are a few things I like about you, which nobody else sees, except myself. You keep yourself grounded, especially when it comes to financial matters. You’re pretty, and you’re great at keeping yourself neat and clean. But he just can’t see that because of his being jealous of you.”

She looked at the King of Pop admiringly. In her view, he sure put things into words good.

“Thanks, Mike,” she said as she hugged him. “I love you.”

“I love you more, Miley,” Michael smiled.

End Notes:

Nice feedback is very much appreciated, of course... 

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3791