Stranger In Moscow by mrsmjjbarbie
Summary:

Stranger In Moscow

 

Michael believes he is all alone on tour in Moscow when he runs into a familiar face from many years ago.


Categories: Romance, Suspense, Hurt/Comfort, Song Fics, Mystery, Angst Characters: Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1741 Read: 1332 Published: May 26, 2012 Updated: May 27, 2012
Story Notes:

Short story I improvised while listening to Stranger In Moscow.

1. Chapter 1 by mrsmjjbarbie

Chapter 1 by mrsmjjbarbie

     Sitting on the ledge of his hotel window, a silent Michael is weeping alone and watching the rain fall heavily on the citizens or KGB of Moscow duck and dodge the endless downpour of God's wrath. After five long months of touring, the world's most famous man is also the saddest little boy you'd ever see. He misses the stable life in his home, his mother, his animals, hell even his maniacal family. Tours always annoyed the hell out of Michael. Of course he likes seeing the smiling faces of his fans but that's about it. He hates touring.

     An urgent knock at the door startles the man sadly facing the window. He slowly walks to answer it, most deifnitely not in any hurry. It's undoubtedly Bill on the other side but he usually only knocks when someone wants to visit the superstar. Swinging open the door slowly, he comes face to face with his most trusted employee. 

     "Hey Joker, there's this woman," Michael immediately rolls his eyes at Bill's vulnerability. If a girl cried or seemed in anyway honest, Bill's heart softened. "She says you used to be friends?"

     Michael, deciding to be nice, said "Bring her here." Bill turned the corner of the hotel's corridor and held his hand out to a waiting woman Michael couldn't see just yet. He spoke few words and Michael heard no reply. Her tiny hand grapsed his hesitantly and they both walked back down the hallway. Michael was instantly taken aback. She was beautiful just like the last time he'd seen her.

     "Rosie." Michael whispered. Rosie smiled back at him, glad that he remembered her. She approached him shyly and reached her arms out for a hug. Michael gladly accepted and wound his hands tightly around her waist.

     "Michael," Rosie spoke with a southern accent. "I've missed ya so much."

     "God, Rosie. I've missed you too." His twang came out and he seemed no longer worried about the duration of the tour nor his loneliness. He stared at her appreciatively before he realized he was being rude.

     "Please, come in girl." They both entered the room and Michael shut and locked his door. "Sit, sit."

     Rosie sat on the couch and Michael sat beside her, turning to hold her hands in his.

     "Whatdya' doin' in Moscow Ro?" Michael was beaming and Rosie was glad he wasn't uncomfortable with her.

     "I've moved out here, well not really. Just like... an extended vacation, y'know?"

     "Is there somethin' wrong at home?"

     "I was just tired of bein' treated like a lil fille." Michael shocked Rosie by hugging her tightly again.

     "It's been so long Rosie. God, so long!" He whispered in her ear.

     "How do you feel, y'know about me bein' here? With all that happened before..."

     "Rose, I don't give a damn about the past. You're here now sweetie and that's all that matters."

     "Michael, y'know I still love ya right?"

     "I could've guessed." Michael said with a smirk.

     "But, if you wanna be just friends, I could appreciate-" Michael's index finger met her lips.

     "I've never stopped lovin' you bunny." She giggled at her old nickname and Michael smiled at her.

     "I'm glad. Um, how long are you in town?"

     "Two more nights, when are you headin' back to the south?"

     "I ain't sure yet Mikey, I don't think I'm ready."

     Michael sighed. "I understand. But... I don't want to lose you again. I-I want to be with you Rosie. I haven't seen you in years and you still look radiant and take ma breath away girl. Stay with me tonight."

     "My roommate Mikey I-"

     "You still love me right?"

     "Of course I-"

     "You wanna be with me right?" Michael braced himself for the worst.

     "More than anythin'." His smile was the brightest she'd ever seen.

     "Then stay." He moved his mouth over hers and breathed deeply. "Stay baby, only one night. 'Til we both get back to the states and we'll meet up there. Just... stay."

     "How can I say no?" Michael smirked and then laid his lips on hers. She immediately responded and kissed him relentlessly. "Don't leave this time baby, please."

     "Never again Rosie. Never again."

 

Summer, 1977 - Alabama

 

 

 

"Michael," his Aunt Georgia spoke in a southern accent. "This is Rosie, the Johnson's daughter. They live ova there yonder." She pointed across the way but Michael never followed her finger. He couldn't take his eyes off of the pretty young thing standing before him. She was smiling timidly waiting to be greeted no doubt but Michael couldn't find his words fast enough.

 

     "Michael, don't be rude na! Say hi or somethin'." He chuckled nervously and blushed.

 

     "Hi Rosie." He held his hand out for her to shake and she did so firmly.

 

     "Nice ta meet ya."

 

     Georgia smiled. "Y'all can go hang out in the house 'cause the rest of us is takin' that tour 'round da city."

 

     Michael smiled and kissed his aunt's cheek. Her and the rest of his family left, leaving Michael and Rosie alone.

 

     "I guess we can go inside, it's gettin' hotter by the second out here."

 

     "I'm used to it," Rosie spoke while going into the house. "But it is nice to be unda the air once inna while."

 

     "Ooh!" Michael suddenly remembered something and startled Rosie a little. "Sorry," He patted her shoulder. "I just remembered that I need to take more pictures. Do you... mind if I-I take one of you?"

 

     "Umm, not at all!"

 

     "Well my camera's upstairs." Michael began to head up the stairs leaving Rosie standing there. "Well, um you can come up wit me if ya want to."

 

     Rosie followed his footsteps as the ran up the staircase and into his guest room. Michael looked around for a bit trying to remember where he'd last set his camera and finally remembered. He'd sat it on the highest shelf in the closet and while he reached to get it, Rosie got a good look at his backside.

 

     Hell, I'm no teenager anymore. Maybe he likes me too... Rosie thought.

 

     "Here we go! Um, you wanna pose or somethin'?"

 

     "I guess so!" Rosie immediately made a silly face and Michael laughed hysterically while snapping the picture. She continued on with teasing him by making ugly faces and serious actress faces. By the time Michael's camera only had one picture left on it, they both collapsed on the bed from laughing, side by side. Michael lifted the camera up high and took a picture of them two laughing together.

 

     "They're gonna be askin' why I'm not takin' anymore pictures!" He turned to look at her and crossed his eyes making her fall out in laughter again.

 

     "I-I'm sorry!"

 

     "No, I had fun." They'd finally calmed down and breathed heavily from exhaustion. Rosie coughed. "I'm gettin' old!"

 

     Michael giggled and turned on his side to face her. "You're a great girl Rosie."

 

     "Ah'm glad ya think so." She poked his nose with her index finger and smirked. He grabbed her finger before she could pull away and to her surprise, turned it into him holding her hand. He intertwined his fingers with hers and stared longingly at them. Rosie was stunned but played it off because she didn't want to mess up anything that might happen.

 

     "You're so pretty too." Rosie smiled at him while he flirted. "Look at that smile girl, so beautiful."

 

     "I could say the same... and I think I am." She couldn't stop smiling and Michael didn't want her to.

 

     "C'mere girl." He wiggled his index finger towards his face and Rosie happily obliged. Their lips met timidly at first but Michael quickly began to fall deeper and moved his lips and tongue with hers. She tasted of the ripest and sweetest mango and he couldn't get enough. He didn't think about what would happen afterwards let alone when it was time for him to leave. He didn't think about what other people would think, just his lips on hers. When Rosie needed to breathe, Michael wouldn't seperate entirely and just kept giving her pecks on and around her mouth.

 

     "Mmm, Michael give me a breather." They both chuckled at his persistance. He finally let her loose and he didn't realize until then that he had a firm grip on the edge of her shirt with one hand and the other in her hair.

 

     She's so damn beautiful. She's shaped like an Egyptian goddess with golden skin, dark hair and mesmerizing eyes. Ooh, I wanna take 'er home with me.

 

     She stared deeply in his eyes and waited for him to zone back in.

 

     Oh no, we're in Alabama for Pete's sake! What if we continue this and then... Oh no, somethin's always goin' wrong with you Michael!

 

     "Michael..." She patted his cheek and he didn't respond. It was like he was staring right through her.

 

     For some reason, the pros outweigh the cons no matter how many up the cons have. She's worth it.

 

     "Mikey, Mich- MICHAEL!"

 

      "Huh?"

 

     "What are you thinkin'?" She asked shyly.

 

     "The future..."

 

     "We just kissed." She slightly giggled.

 

     "Not that far into the future. But, I'm leavin' Alabama eventually."

 

     "Let's not think about that now. Let's just... live."

 

     He smiled brightly. "You're right. We'll just go and worry about the rest later."

 

     "Now that that's settled, kiss me again."

 

     He laughed and obliged, over and over and over again.

 

End Notes:

Real short.

 

Anyway, if you haven't come up with the back story already, there is footage of when Michael and his brothers went down south to stay with his mother's stepfather for a while and Michael met Rosie then. They fell in love and of course, Michael had to leave. This was very early in Michael's career so you can imagine how long it's been in between The Jacksons and The Dangerous World Tour (when he wrote Stranger In Moscow).

 

I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading and please review!

 

Stranger In MoscowRosie

 

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2068