Help Me by Mjmoonwalkergirl
Summary:

What happens when you have the good life but fall through the cracks? Well, this the life of Tasha and Michael. The stress of being Michael Jackson's wife had gotten to her. Follow Michael and Tasha in their journey through life.

Help Me... Michael Jackson and Kerry Washingtion


Categories: Angst, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Suspense Characters: Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 5708 Read: 8916 Published: Sep 28, 2011 Updated: Dec 19, 2011
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by Mjmoonwalkergirl

2. Chapter 2 by Mjmoonwalkergirl

3. Chapter 3 by Mjmoonwalkergirl

4. Chapter 4 by Mjmoonwalkergirl

5. Chapter 5 by Mjmoonwalkergirl

Chapter 1 by Mjmoonwalkergirl

 

Deep in the streets of Los Angeles, a young woman, age twenty eight, was sitting in a dusty old apartment. Her hair was dull and disheveled. Her face looked tired and worn.  Cobwebs adorned every corner while dust dressed the three pieces of furniture she owned. A table, a chair, and a frame which held her wedding picture. 

 

 

She began shaking, even though she wasn't cold.

 

 

Everything was dark but the slits of moonlight that came in from the window shades. 

 

 

"Damn, this is my last one.."

 

 

She took the packet of the white powder and put it four lines. On the coffee table. You could tell she'd done this before, since there was still residue from her last hit. She snorted every single line as if her life depended on it.

 

 

Her life did depend on it. This had been a ritual of many nights for Tasha Jackson. The stress had gotten to her and she just broke down. Tasha had the life. She was married to the most wonderful man and she had a beautiful daughter with him, Aniya. 

 

 

But she lost it all. 

 

 

It all went down the drain when she got addicted. Her husband was a very good man. He tried to help her so much. He paid for rehab but she checked out so many times, what was the use. He gave her the ultimate ultimatum: Her family or crack. 

 

 

She chose crack. 

 

 

She laid back as the effects of her hit came into action. 

 

 

Tasha hadn't seen her family in so long, she missed them....God she missed them. But every time she tries to stop, she can't. The drug has her programed like a robot; it controls her. 

 

 

The wave of high came down and she floated back to reality. She looked around and she was alone. That's how it always will be: loneliness. 

 

 

Tasha frowned as she remembered the beautiful life she had and the wonderful man she'd married. Tasha hated this feeling of remorse. She hated how this drug has taken her life away. She hated that she couldn't see her daughter anymore. She hated herself. 

 

 

She needed more. Tasha grabbed her last twenty dollars and cleaned up a bit before heading out. 

 

 

********************

 

 

The dark streets of California are not where you want to be walking but She knows the streets all too well. 

 

 

Tasha spotted the man she was looking for. She quickly walked over to him. 

 

 

When she got there, it was someone else. She was confused. 

 

 

"Who are you?", she asked. 

 

 

"I'm Kappa, I'm filling in for Sly tonight. What can I do you for?"

 

 

"Well, if you're filling in for Sly, you should know what I want," she said in agitated whispers. 

 

 

"Oh, you want this," he said pulling out a little packet of the ghostly substance. 

 

 

"Yes please."

 

 

"Well you got the money?"

 

 

"Yes, it's right here," Tasha said pulling the twenty dollars out.  

 

 

After the transaction, Tasha went on her way but as she walked down the street, she heard a sound she wasn't expecting. 

 

 

Police sirens. 

 

 

Kappa ran like there was no tomorrow, leaving Tasha by herself. She too tried to run but had no luck. 

 

 

"Damn," she thought to herself. 

 

 

A police officer came out if the car and cuffed her. 

 

 

"Ma'am you are under arrest for buying and having the possession of an illegal drug. Whatever you say or do can and will be held against you in the court of law...."

 

 

The man told her her rights and ducked her into the cruiser. 

 

 

********************

 

 

Michael was walking back to the main house after a good day in the studio. He hadn't realized how long he'd been in there. He got there at 8:00am and left 12:00pm. 

 

 

Once he got into the house, he went upstairs to check on his daughter Aniya. She was sound asleep hopefully dreaming of sweet dreams. Lately she'd been having nightmares of her mother. It was hard telling her that her mother had left them....

 

 

Michael closed his daughter's door and went into his bedroom close by. As he sat on the bed, he remembered how his wife would always be waiting for him. No matter how late, she'd be awake. She could never sleep without him. 

 

 

They both suffered from insomnia and they always had trouble sleeping but when they were together, they'd sleep just fine. 

 

 

He missed the way she would call him "Baby" and how she would smile when he kissed her. Also her wonderful laugh when he tickled her and the way she would scream his name in pleasure when they made love. What he missed the most was having her presence around. It's been so lonely at the ranch without her love to warm it. 

 

 

Michael stripped his clothes and put on his pajamas. He laid down and closed his eyes. 

 

 

********************

 

 

"Michael...." 

 

"Michael...."

 

 

He walked down the hallway and tried to find the source of her voice. 

 

 

"Tasha?"

 

 

He saw a woman's figure at the end of the hallway that seemed to be where the voice came from. 

 

 

"Tasha, I'm coming!" He ran down the hallway but every time he'd go forward, the destination seemed to get farther and farther away. 

 

 

"Michael help me!!"

 

 

"Tasha I'm coming. Please stay where you are!"

 

 

The tiles on the floor began to fall from underneath his feet. Michael ran faster but he failed. The tiles fell faster. 

 

 

Down he went. Free falling into the unknown. Michael tried to hold onto something but the walls were plastered with some sticky substance. Down he fell, deeper into the abyss. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally he landed in a river of.... strawberry jam?

 

 

********************

 

 

Michael's eyes shot open. He was drenched in sweat. He sat up in the bed and tried to calm down. 

 

 

The phone rang, jolting him a bit. 

 

 

Ring! Ring!

 

 

Michael walked across the bedroom and picked it up. 

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

"...Michael, I need your help," a woman's voice sounded. 

 

 

Michael was confused. "Do I know you?"

 

 

He heard a sigh on the other line. "Yes, it's me....Tasha."

 

 

His heart could have stopped right then and there. "T-Tasha? Is it really you?"

 

 

"Yes Michael, it's really me. I'm in jail and this is my only phone call so can you please come get me. Michael....I'm scared."

 

 

"I beg your pardon?? Jail? What did you do?"

 

 

"That's not important right now-- are you coming to get me? Please...I'm so scared."

 

As most kind-hearted people, Michael could not ignore her pleads for help. 

He sighed. "Yeah...I'll be right there."

 

 

End Notes:

 

Tasha 

 

 

Michael

Please Review :D and thanks for reading!

Chapter 2 by Mjmoonwalkergirl

 

When he got to the police station, Michael exited the car cautiously not wanting any paparazzi to see him. His name was already in the papers, he doesn't need them saying he's going to find his wife in jail. 

 

 

Michael went up to the counter. 

 

 

"Hi, I'm looking for a woman named Tasha Jackson."

 

 

The chief officer nodded and took him to the back where she was. "Took her in for purchasing some crack from a drug dealer."

 

 

Michael barely paid attention to what the officer was saying.

 

 

He studied her features. Her eyes were bloodshot and not warm like they used to be. Her hair was disheveled and dirty. She was skinnier, much skinnier. He remembered she had the most beautiful curves. 

 

 

"Sir?"

 

 

The officer had startled Michael as he snapped back into reality. "Y-Yes? Sorry, would you mind repeating that."

 

 

"I said, would you like to pay bail and be on your way? Or would she want to stay the two years in confinement?"

 

 

She looked up at him but remained silent. 

 

 

Michael looked down at her. He knew she didn't have the money. He was her only one to fall on. Her eyes were begging. 

 

 

Michael sighed and relaxed his shoulders. "How much is bail?"

 

 

"Bail is $2,000 dollars sir." Michael nodded and went with the officer to pay. 

 

 

********************

 

 

After Michael paid, he offered to take Tasha home. 

 

 

She said "okay" and that was that. 

 

 

They got into the car with Tasha in the passenger's side and Michael in the driver's seat as they pulled off. 

 

 

"Why did you do it?" Tasha asked. 

 

 

"Why did I do what?"

 

 

"Why'd you pay my bail? You could have let me be put in jail," Tasha said. 

 

 

"Well, I care about you-- ,uh, happy 

birthday."

 

 

Tasha looked down at the clock: 3:43 a.m. 

 

 

"You remembered?"

 

 

"Of course... Which road, right or left?"

 

 

"Right..." 

 

 

The car ride was silent except for when Tasha gave the directions on the turns.

 

 

The silence gave Tasha the chance to study Michael's features. She couldn't believe how beautiful he looked. He was a bit more built but still had a small frame. 

 

 

"You look good," she said staring forward. 

 

 

Michael quickly glanced at her. "Thanks."

 

 

"How's Aniya?"

 

 

"She's doing better. She finally stopped having nightmares," Michael replied. 

 

 

Tasha looked confused. "Nightmares? About what?"

 

 

"You...she misses you Tasha. I miss you."

 

 

"I miss you guys too--"

 

 

"Really? You do?" Michael has said this with sarcasm. 

 

 

"Michael I--"

 

 

Michael pulled over to the side of the road then looked at her. 

 

 

"Really Tasha? If you missed us that bad, you wouldn't be this way. I love you so much but I guess you don't love as much as I do. I've done all I could to help you but you don't seem to care. So don't you sit there and tell me you miss us."

 

 

Tasha sat in silence. 

 

 

"And you can't even say anything because you know I'm right."

 

 

They finally pulled up to Tasha's street and Michael dropped her off. He was so mad that he sped off without saying bye.

 

 

Tasha went into her apartment and held her wedding picture. She smiled. 

 

 

"We were made for each other. What had happened to us,"she thought. 

 

 

She began to cry as she thought about what Michael said to her.

 

 

She really needed to think about getting her life back on track.

 

 

But she would need help. 

 

 

Tasha went to the nearby trash can outside her building and found a phonebook. She ripped out the page she was looking for and went to the pay phone. 

 

 

The change around it was just enough to make the call. 

 

 

It rang. 

 

 

Someone picked up. 

 

 

"H-Hello is this the Rehabilitation Center for women..?"

 

End Notes:

Thanks for reading! Please Review :D

Chapter 3 by Mjmoonwalkergirl
Author's Notes:

 

The aisle was scattered with rose petals and the runner was was beautiful milky white. The guests were patiently waiting in the chairs making small talk. 

 

 

She looked in the mirror. 

 

 

Today was the day.

 

 

The day she would become Mrs. Michael Joe Jackson. 

 

 

They'd been dating for three years. Three long years... But they were finally ready. 

 

 

Her dress was simple but timeless and elegant. Her makeup was simple yet sophisticated. 

 

 

The door opened. A welcoming face shone in the reflection of the mirror. Janet.

 

 

"Hey Tasha, we're ready."

 

 

She grabbed her bouquet and smiled at Janet waiting for her. 

 

 

"You look gorgeous," Janet said. 

 

 

"Thank you."

 

 

********************

 

 

"You look beautiful, baby girl."

 

 

"Thank you daddy. You look handsome yourself," she said as her father and her linked arms together. 

 

 

They heard the organs beginning to play "Here Comes the Bride". 

 

 

The church doors opened and everyone stood up. Tasha and her father began to walk down the aisle. Her smile couldn't get any bigger especially when she saw her husband to be. 

 

 

"You look beautiful," Michael mouthed. 

 

 

"Thank you," Tasha mouthed back. 

 

 

Tasha felt as if she was on top of the world. Today was her day. Their day....but mostly her day (;

 

 

Now, she stood in front of her husband to be and the reverend, Reverend James. 

 

 

"You may be seated now."

 

 

Everyone sat down. 

 

 

"We are gathered here today in the sight of God to bring in union Michael and Tasha together in holy matrimony."

 

 

"If there is anyone who knows a reason why these two shall not be brought in union, let them speak now or forever hold your peace."

 

 

The Rev. waited a minimum of about ten seconds. 

 

 

"Okay, the couple has prepared their own vows."

 

Tasha began first. 

 

 

"Michael, baby, I love you so much that I can't even explain how you make me feel. These three years we've been together have been the most wonderful and exciting years of my life so far. I always wanted to marry a man just like you and my dreams have come true. I promise to be the best wife and mother of our future children that you can imagine. Michael, I love you."

 

 

The bride and groom were both crying lightly. They wiped each other's tears and Michael said his vows. 

 

 

"Tasha, sweetie, I love you more than the birds fly in the sky. I love you more than there is water in the ocean. Tasha, before I met you, I thought I was going to be lonely forever. But you came into my life and showed me a new emotion: true love. I swear I had never seen a woman so beautiful. Right when I looked at you I said to myself, 'this woman is going to be my wife'. Here I am today, in this place, marrying the woman of my dreams," a few tears escaped Michael's eyes as he said his vows. 

 

 

Even the Rev. got teary but he smiled at them. 

 

 

"Now the exchange of the rings. Who has the rings?"

 

 

"I do," said Marlon. The Rev. smiled and got the rings from him. 

 

 

The Rev. gave each wedding band to the bride and groom. "Michael, take this ring and repeat after me."

 

 

Michael nodded and took the ring and Tasha's hand. 

 

 

"With this ring..."

 

 

"With this ring."

 

 

"I take you, Tasha Jenae Richards..."

 

 

"I take you, Tasha Jenae Richards."

 

 

"To be my lawfully wedded wife..."

 

 

"To be my lawfully wedded wife."

 

 

"To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part..."

 

 

"To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, til death do us part."

 

 

He put the ring on her finger and smiled at her. 

 

 

Tasha said her vow and placed the ring on Michael's finger. 

 

 

"You may kiss the bride..."

 

 

Michael grinned a Cheshire grin and leaned in. He kissed Tasha sweetly which turned into a passionate kiss with a bit of tongue. 

 

 

Michael and Tasha's siblings began to holler and whistle. Their parents just smiled and shook their heads.

 

 

When the couple finished their kiss they ran down the aisle as the family shot water from super soaker water guns (that was Michael's idea).

 

 

********************

 

 

 

 

 

The reception was at the Encino house. There was a lot of food and lots of talking and sharing. The cake was fantastic, it had been prepared by Michael's mother Katherine. 

 

 

Everybody went home and changed into some comfortable clothes for the reception. It was really a great time of fellowship. 

 

 

The photographer went around taking photos. A few photos of Michael and Tasha. Tasha even posed for a photo with her mom. 

 

 

********************

 

 

The sun was starting to set and people were starting to file out. Michael decided it would be a good time to thank everyone. 

 

 

"Thank you guys for coming and for all of your gifts. Tasha and I really appreciate having such a wonderful family. Also, you are welcome to take as much food as you want."

 

 

Soon everybody left and the cleaning crew cleaned up. 

 

 

**********

 

 

 

 

 

 

Michael had rented a beach front villa in Santa Monica for the two of them for a week for their honeymoon. Thankfully it wasn't too far away from the Encino house. 

 

 

Michael drove and Tasha sat happily in the passenger's seat. 

 

 

"Michael, I can't wait to get there."

 

 

"Me too baby. I just can't wait to get my hands on you," Michael said biting his lip. 

 

 

Tasha blushed even though you couldn't see in the darkness of the car. 

 

 

When they pulled up Tasha gasped. 

 

 

"Michael, this is gorgeous."

 

 

"Just like you," he said kissing her on the cheek. 

 

 

**********

 

 

She sat in the edge of the bed waiting for Michael to come out of the bathroom. 

 

 

She smiled when he came out. He was just in his boxers. He smiled back at her. Tasha was wearing nothing but a red silk robe. Her hair was down and flowing. 

 

 

"You look so sexy," Michael said while licking his lips. "I wanna make love to you all night long..."

 

 

He walked over to her and kissed her deeply. Michael gently pushed her back onto the bed and straddled her waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him on closer. 

 

 

He tugged at the rope of her robe and pulled it loose but still leaving it on. He left butterfly kisses on her neck and chest, making her quiver. 

 

 

"Michael..."

 

 

"I'm going to make you feel so good tonight, baby."

 

 

**********

 

 

Their sweat drenched bodies glistened in the low light of the room. 

 

 

They had went all night like Michael had promised. They'd hit spots and tried all kinds of positions. 

 

 

But now....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now, they slept like babies.

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

Michael at reception

Thanks for reading :D please review.

Chapter 4 by Mjmoonwalkergirl

 

"Look Daddy, I drew a picture," Aniya said showing her picture to her father.

 

 

Michael chuckled and bent down to see. He took the picture and looked at it. 

 

 

He smiled at the stick figure drawn pictures on the page. 

 

 

"See, this is you and me," she said pointing to the two sticks in a big house. 

 

 

Michael furrowed his eyebrows. "Who is this person in this little house to the side?"

 

 

She smiled. "That's Mommy. I put her in the hospital because she's sick. When she's better she'll come back. That's why I drew the path from the hospital to our house."

 

 

Michael's eyes grew watery. He hugged his daughter and kissed her cheek. 

 

 

"I love you baby girl."

 

 

"I love you too daddy."

 

 

"Daddy?"

 

 

"Yes?"

 

 

"When's Mommy coming home?"

 

 

Michael really didn't know how to answer that question....

 

 

"She's coming home soon, I hope."

 

 

********************

 

 

The three of them were sitting in a circle...or more like a triangle. 

 

 

"Hello everyone how are we this night?"

 

 

They both said "good".

 

 

"That's great so how about we tell our names and the reason why we're in here," said Dr. Fabian. 

 

 

Tasha wasn't all too comfortable with telling strangers about her problems so she decided to be in a small group of two. 

 

"Hi, I'm Tasha and I am a recovering crack addict."

 

 

Next was Tasha's good friend Leslie whom she'd found out was going the Rehabilitation Center too. 

 

 

Leslie's life was really messed up. She had been so intoxicated that she left her three month old baby unattended in the bath tub and he drowned... Leslie began being even more depressed and began drinking more. Her ex-husband came to get the rest of his things and found her passed out on the floor....

 

 

"Hi, I'm Leslie and I am a recovering alcoholic."

 

 

"Alright, let's get started."

 

 

*******************

 

 

They put Tasha in a white room with only a bed that was bolted to the floor. 

 

 

She was going crazy. Sweat drenched her body and clothing. She was suffering brutal withdrawal. The longest that Tasha had been without her drug was the few hours in between hits. 

 

 

She began seeing dark figures. They had menacing teeth and crazy eyes. What was going on with her? 

 

 

She needed to get out of this place. 

 

 

She tried to move but the figures followed her. 

 

 

"Guards! We gave a runner!"

 

 

"No! You can't take me!"

 

 

The guards grabbed hold of her.

 

 

Prick!

 

 

Everything faded to black and there was silence. 

 

 

********************

 

 

It was mid afternoon and Tasha sat down in the Rehab center's park. Dr. Fabian came over and sat next to her. 

 

 

"What's wrong?"

 

 

"I can't do this anymore..."

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

"I don't know...but I just can't."

 

 

Tasha got up and walked away. 

 

 

"Ms. Jackson, please wait."

 

 

Tasha stopped but still had her back turned. 

 

 

Dr. Fabian spoke. "If you aren't going to do this for yourself. At least do it for your daughter. Just think of all the children who needed their parents but no one was there. Tasha, she needs you..."

 

 

As Dr. Fabian talked, a little boy rode down the sidewalk on his bike by them. 

 

 

"Ma'am, not to be in your conversation, but that lady is right. My mom died of a drug overdose and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. It makes me think 'if only she had the help she needed'"

 

 

The way the boy spoke brought tears to Tasha's eyes. 

 

 

Tasha turned around. "I'm going to make it....for my daughter."

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

This chapter is short but thanks for reading and please review :D

^^^ Tasha Contemplating..^^^

Chapter 5 by Mjmoonwalkergirl
Author's Notes:

Enjoy ^__^

 

 

Tasha walked in the field full of flowers that belonged to the Center. 

 

 

She's been five months clean and she felt so proud of herself. She was a few steps closer to getting to be with her family again. Walking down the field, she spotted Leslie. 

 

 

"Hey Les!"

 

 

Leslie turned around and Tasha walked toward her. 

 

 

"Hey Tasha. What's up?"

 

 

"Nothing much, you?"

 

 

"Today is that day."

 

 

At first Tasha was confused and didn't know what she was talking about but then it hit her. Today is the three year anniversary that Leslie's baby died. 

 

 

"Les, I'm sorry..."

 

 

"Don't be, it wasn't your fault. It was all mine. I left him unattended," she said taking the petals off a little flower. 

 

 

They sat down in the field and began to talk. 

 

 

"How long have you been out here Les?"

 

 

"Forty-five minutes maybe, I don't know. I just been thinkin'."

 

 

"You know, you need to let go of the past Les. This is just going to eat you up inside. Trust me, I know the feeling. You're making a new road for yourself sweetie. Don't dwell on this," Tasha said. 

 

 

Leslie looked over at her. She knew that Tasha was right. She was falling back onto her old habits. Leslie would think about her son then use that as an excuse to drink. But there isn't any alcohol here. 

 

 

"Tasha, do you know why I started drinking?"

 

 

"No, why?"

 

 

"It all began when I was a kid. My father would beat my mother so bad. Right in front of us. Sometimes he would knock her out until she was unconscious. He said if any of us called the police or told on him, he'd kill her."

 

 

Tasha knew that Leslie had two other siblings but they ran away because if "home troubles". Leslie never did go into detail when she talked about her family. 

 

 

Tears began to well up in her eyes as Leslie recollected. 

 

 

"I didn't tell because I knew he could and would kill her. One day my mom came home late and my father didn't like that at all. He accused her of cheating and when she denied, he called us from our slumber to watch him hit her in the head with the toaster. There was blood...on the toaster," tears freely escaped her eyes as she went on. 

 

 

"I was terrified. My father looked at me and called me beautiful. He started touching and kissing me a way a father shouldn't touch his daughter. Then...he raped me."

 

 

Tasha's eyes grew wide. "Oh my goodness...Les, I'm so sorry..."

 

 

"That's not the end of it. The next night, when he was asleep on the couch, I called the police. I tried to be as quiet as I could but he woke up and smacked the phone out if my hands. He grabbed my arm and dragged me across the house to the closet where he kept his gun. I thought he was going to kill me. My father waited for my mother to come home, took her and me to the basement and point blank, he shot her in the head. I can still hear my mother's pleads for her life. He then knelt down and whispered in my ear and said: I told you I would kill her. Then he took his own life. There was blood; a lot of blood...so much blood. When the police got there, they were both dead."

 

 

Tasha didn't know what to say. She just let her friend cry on her shoulder. 

 

 

"It's my fault..."

 

 

"No Leslie, you were trying to help."

 

 

"Yes it is my fault! It's all my fault! I killed my mother and I killed my son! I'm a horrible, horrible person."

 

 

"Tasha, if we make it out of here alive, I want us to still be friends. We were apart for too long, I want to stay in touch this time."

 

 

Tasha nodded and thought about how Leslie said if we make it out alive.

 

 

•••••••••••

 

 

--Three Months Later--

 

 

Michael was in the studio doing some finishing touches on his latest album. "Bad". While he was doing this, his assistant Tanya would be answering his calls. 

 

 

The phone rang. 

 

 

"Hello?" A woman's voice sounded. 

 

 

"Hello? I'm sorry I was looking for Michael Jackson. I must have called the wrong number."

 

 

"Oh you called the right place," Tanya said. "Michael's busy right now but I can leave a message."

 

 

"Oh...um. Can you tell him that Tasha called? Tell him that it's really important. Oh and tell him to call back."

 

 

Tanya wrote down the message and the number. "Alright... I'll tell him. Bye, have a nice day."

 

 

"You too."

 

 

••••••••••

 

 

It was about 10 p.m. and Michael was finally out if the studio. 

 

 

"Hey baby, did I get any calls?" Michael said before kissing her on the cheek and sitting down next to her. 

 

 

"Yes you did."

 

 

"Who called?"

 

 

"A woman named Tasha, do you know her?"

 

 

Michael's heart dropped. "Tasha? Did she leave a number?"

 

 

"Yeah, she did." Tanya looked for the message she wrote down and handed it to him. 

 

 

"Thanks. Are you hungry?"

 

 

"Actually, no but I want to know who this Tasha woman is."

 

 

"She's my ex wife," Michael lied lightly. Tasha wasn't truly his "ex" yet, more like they were separated. 

 

 

"Oh, that's cool." Michael sighed inwardly with relief. Tanya didn't know anything about Tasha and he wanted to keep it that way. 

 

 

Tanya got up and sat in Michael's lap. "How about we fool around..." she whispered in his ear. 

 

 

She began to kiss his lips with a passion then began to unbutton his shirt but his hands stopped her. 

 

 

"I'm not in the mood Tanya. I'm really tired."

 

 

"Oh," was all she said. Tanya got up and grabbed her purse and turned to walk out. 

 

 

Michael went after her. "Tanya waitー"

 

 

"Wait? Why should I, huh? We've been dating for a month now. Every time I try to have sex with you, you always turn me down. Is it because I'm fat or am I ugly...What is it Michael? And don't tell me that 'I'm tired' excuse because FYI Michael, you are an insomniac!" She began yelling now. 

 

 

"It's none of those things. It's just..." Michael's eyes unconsciously averted to the message in his hand. 

 

 

A lightbulb went off in Tanya's head. "Oh, I see... You're still in love with her. Well I can't be in a relationship like this. I'll find you a new assistant because I can't work here anymore. Goodbye Michael."

 

 

Tanya walked out the door and never came back. 

 

 

••••••••••

 

 

Michael was in his bedroom sitting on the bed in his pajamas. He was contemplating....

 

 

Michael remembered the last time they talked, he was hostile towards her then he just drove off. Maybe she'd forgiven him. 

 

 

He held the phone number in his hand. 

 

 

Call her... , he thought. 

 

 

Right as he got up to call, the phone rang. 

 

 

He took the phone call in the bathroom for more privacy. Michael did not want Aniya to wake up. 

 

 

He picked up the phone:

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

"Michael?" A woman's voice sounded over the other end. 

 

 

"Tasha? Is that you?"

 

 

"Yes it's me."

 

 

"How are you," Michael asked. 

 

 

"I'm doing...great. How about yourself?"

 

 

"I'm good. Aniya's well too."

 

 

"Michael, I called for a reason. I need to tell you something."

 

 

Michael's heart began to race. please don't be in jail again

 

 

"Michael, are you there?"

 

 

"Yes, I'm here. You can speak, I'm listening."

 

 

"Okay, I'm in rehab. I've been here for about eight months. Michael, I'm tryna get clean for you guys. I've actually been clean for eight months and some days..."

 

 

"Rehab?" Michael was so taken aback. All these years and she's finally in rehab. "What made you change your mind?"

 

 

Tasha began to tear up. "What you had said to me... It really made me think. I was wasting my life on the street while I had a great husband and a beautiful daughter at home. I figured that...that if I got help, things could be somewhat the same and we could be a family a again. That's if you still are in love with me."

 

 

Michael's eyes began to swell with tears too. 

 

 

"Tasha, I love you and I never stopped," were all the worlds he could say before he began to drop tears from his eyes.  "I want you to come home so bad. Things around here just aren't the same. Dammit Tasha, why did we let things get this bad? This was my fault, I should have listened to you when you said my life was too crazy for youー"

 

 

"Michael Joe, none of this is your fault.I chose to deal with my problems that way. You tried to help me but my stubborn self wouldn't let you. You are a great husband Michael and I love you so much..."

 

 

Michael heard a silence on the other line with voices. Presumably someone talking to Tasha. 

 

 

"Hey Mike, I gotta go but before I forget. There is a family day here at the center next month and I was wondering if you and Aniya would come."

 

Those voices again. 

 

 

"You don't gotta confirm right now but I really gotta go, lights out at twelve. But I want you to think about it, okay? Love you baby, bye."

 

 

"Bye." 

 

 

With that they hung up. 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

Please Review and thanks for reading :]

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1070